It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Spoke To Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

You are obviously trying to put words in my mouth

I do not have the power to put words in your mouth.

These are your words:
"You have to realize what is truly something unique and what is just every day coincidence. I pray that you will have a true experience one day so you have the wisdom to know the difference between the two."

I didn't put these words in your mouth now did I? What wisdom is it that you possess that allows you tell the difference between a TRUE experience and a coincidence? Who are you to judge? I just want some credentials because this is a pretty serious claim you have.

The problem today is people have been de-sensitized to the presence of God. You calling my experience a coincidence is proof of that. But that's okay. You believe whatever you want. Whatever makes sense to you!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You obviously can't understand that I'm trying to help you here. Believe what you will, I've already said all that I can.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You obviously can't understand that I'm trying to help you here.

Help? You are trying to take away my serenity. That is a pretty horrible thing for a person to attempt to do to another. If I believed in Satan, I would call it Satanic, but since I do not believe in Satan, I will have to call it something else.

Help me? Please...find someone else to "help."

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trek315

Sorry I didn't say anything earlier. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Rock on God!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Help? You are trying to take away my serenity. That is a pretty horrible thing for a person to attempt to do to another. If I believed in Satan, I would call it Satanic, but since I do not believe in Satan, I will have to call it something else.

I know what to call it. Spiritual Arrogance!!

The exact reason why I have chosen my own path rather than Main stream religions or churches.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I know what to call it. Spiritual Arrogance!!

The exact reason why I have chosen my own path rather than Main stream religions or churches.

ROCK ON whaaa!! Spiritual Arrogance. I like that. The same reason I have chosen the path I am on squire!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hay E.B.

God/Life reveals its self in ways we can understand, as individuals.
We can not judge the voice of God in each others lives.
Here is my experience.

I was lost, I was tired, I was porting in a city in Spain, far from home after a terrible voyage. The sea's had been bad and the crew even worse.

I was on my knees in a small poor church, crying my eyes out, the church was empty. I cried, I was so scared of the trip back.

A voice said very calm and loud, "Be calm my Child", I looked around, I stood up, and I walked around the whole room, very simple, I was alone.
it was a very simple dirt floor kind of church.

"Be calm my Child"

The trip back went fine, the sea was calm, the old sailors said it was only a calm that came once in a life time.

I heard Gods voice, you heard Gods voice.
Who is the person to judge, who can judge?
WIS

[edit on 22-4-2008 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Thank you WalkInSilence! That is a great story and great advice!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

E.B., why do you do this?
It's pretty clear you're not being serious.
What religion ae you?
Your obviously not Christian.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you once say something about being Jewish?
If you are then you don't act or believe in even the fundamentals of Judaism.
Also, did you know Elohim is the plural form of Eloah, which means God? So when Elohim speaks to someone it's not just Creator God, it is in fact the Trinity. If you are truely a Jew then you also know the importance of the book of Enoch (seeing how he is one of the first prophets), but if you believe in what is written in that book then you have to consider the Messiah and the Holy spirit as described in the book of Enoch (which clearly points to Christ).
I honestly believe all this was a bait to try and get a flame war going.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Believe whatever you want Jimmy....I can't control that. I never said I was a Jew and I am not a Jew. Not that there is anything wrong with being a Jew.

This thread was not created to bait anyone. It was created to share an experience I had. It certainly shows something about people's faith here though doesn't it?

I have no religion Jimmy and do not believe in religion. I have my faith. I have God. I do not need more. I had a wonderful experience and I have had others and I am sure I will have more. If that bothers some of you on here then that is very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's many of you Christians' problem: with you all it is either all or nothing. No middle ground. No thinking for yourselves.

Example of how I differ: One of my favorite spirtual people is Joel Osteen. He is a Christian. He has the largest church in the country - in Houston. I can listen to him all day and I read one of his books. His message is mostly about God and many of you all complain about that. He believes in all the Jesus stuff...and that is fine. I can appreciate him and get a lot out of his philosophy on life and what he has to say.

I can do this while still keeping my own faith. It's not black or white with me. With most you all it is and as a result, what do you have? Do you have your own faith or do you have a belief system that was sold to you? The reason most of you get all stressed out when someone thinks differently than you and is willing to stand up to you is because it makes you nervous. It makes you question your faith...because it really isn't yours.

When you TRULY have your own faith, you won't be afraid of others that think differently. You won't attack Atheists and non-Christians. I have to admit that I am also guilty of attacking Christians or at least targeting them at times. Sometimes I just think you all need to snap out of your zombie trances and have your own minds.

Do any of you Christians truly know what serenity is?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Well, to be completly honest with you, I had a belief system that was "Sold" to me, then I gave it up, I got tired of seeing the fruits of charletons (such as Olsteen, who cares more about money than God honestly), it disgusted me, the Holy Spirit was ripping away at my heart over it, so I left all I knew and sought God, truely sourght Him for the first time in my life. I hope you come to learn what I have learned concerning God and "Faith", there is only one way, it is to imitate Yeshua, although I suck at it it is still inside me to the inner most part, the Holy Spirit urges me to do better in my relationship with God and people, but the human part of me is evil and longs for the grave as do all people (the grave is sin, for the wages of sin is death).
I'm just judging you EB by your fruits, so if you get offened by what I write, remember, you are ultimately the one determining what I write, so if you want to go around saying all people who believe the way jimmyjackblack does is wrong, just because I rebuke you sometimes (alright, most of the time) then you are being a hippocryte, I have been close to God my whole entire life, I have heart knowledge of Him, not just head knowledge. Rebuking is'nt all bad, Yeshua did it to Petra, it's basicly like a friend saying "Hey, you need to watch it, your not heading in the right direction". Even though you may not believe it, some people may know more about this subject than you do EB (I'm one of them).
I hope more spiritual experiences happen to you though, if you are being truthful about all this.

I'll be prayin' for ya.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

This is what Olsteen believes in the most.
$$$:

What is going on right now:

Olsteen has a giant church, and he cares more about you sending him money, more than your soul.

Don't be fooled bro.

-Jimmy

[edit on 24-4-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexi Humi

haha indeed alex. That is one of my favorite movies. If G*d told you that he wanted you to kill people with an ax, would you?

but to the OP . . . you were in a cathedral and picked up a christian card . . . what did you expect it to say? "שָׁלוֹם/Shalom"?

[edit on 4/25/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I hope you come to learn what I have learned concerning God and "Faith", there is only one way, it is to imitate Yeshua, although I suck at it it is still inside me to the inner most part, the Holy Spirit urges me to do better in my relationship with God and people, but the human part of me is evil and longs for the grave as do all people (the grave is sin, for the wages of sin is death).

There is only one way? And it just HAPPENS to be your way? I already said I am working to be a better person through my relationship with God. The human part of you or me is not evil. GOD MADE US HUMAN. He made us evil? Why? What would be the point? That is a crock of crap.

Sorry...all our BODIES are going to the grave and don't know too many people that long for it. And we all go to the same place after death. No priviledge for you because your faith is different than mine. Someone sold you a bill of goods there as I mentioned earlier. You have no priviledge...so get over your Christian self!

I'm just judging you EB by your fruits, so if you get offened by what I write, remember, you are ultimately the one determining what I write, so if you want to go around saying all people who believe the way jimmyjackblack does is wrong, just because I rebuke you sometimes (alright, most of the time) then you are being a hippocryte.... Even though you may not believe it, some people may know more about this subject than you do EB (I'm one of them).

I thought you weren't supposed to judge? I'm not offended by anything and I DETERMINE WHAT YOU WRITE? That is the funniest thing I have heard in some time. It's just like I was somehow putting words in the other poster's mouth earlier. Yeah.....I control you. :shk: How about taking some responsibility for YOUR actions?

I never said you were wrong. I have disagreed with you and there is a difference. Do you understand the difference?

You know more about this subject than me? How so? You have a BETTER relaitionship with God? Is there such a thing? What makes your's better? Where is your proof? What are your credentials for knowing more about MY FAITH than I do?

I have expressed my faith and you are bold enough to tell me that YOU know more about MY FAITH than I do? How do you know more about my faith than I do?

Admit it Jimmy: you know more about your faith and your faith is NOT MY FAITH. So you don't know anything at all......You know what you've been programmed to know. Nothing more and nothing less. I know what I know because I know it. See the difference?

EDIT to add: Regarding the video on Joel Osteen. You prove my point why many Christians do not like him. If he doesn't spew the same crap every other evangelist spews you think there is something wrong with him. He wants everyone to have a better life. Free of addictions and other bad habits, free off financial worries and stresses, free of stress period. YEAH...these are horrible things. YOU ARE KILLING ME. You are proving my point exactly. Thank you!

What....is there something wrong with his interpretation of what one should do with their life? The book I read of his is "Become a Better You - 7 Keys to Improving Your LIfe Every Day." My GOD....how horrible this man is to want to help people be better. Why...he just isn't quoting enough scripture or talking enough about Jesus....blah blah blah.

If you don't like him, then DON"T LISTEN. Don't buy his book. Go listen to BENNY HINN instead, one of the biggest scum bag con artists on the planet. You know what you can do to show Joel Osteen. Make sure you have a crappy life and do everyting in your power to feel guilty and stressed out all day every day until you die. That would really show him how screwed up his message is.

Sad, zombie sheeple......where is the joy in your life? Where is the serenity? Joel Osteen wants you to have a better life. He wants you to have more. He wants you to work for it too (screw that, right?). What an asshole he is, right? You'd rather sit on your ass and whine and moan and waste your life because the next one WILL BE BETTER. It gives you a great excuse to be mediocre or worse.

Pathetic.....

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

but to the OP . . . you were in a cathedral and picked up a christian card . . . what did you expect it to say? "שָׁלוֹם/Shalom"?

LMAO! How many names are there in the world oh wise and noble sage of cynicism? Would you agreee there were a huge amount of cards there? The card with my name on it happened to say what I needed to hear. I also bought the one that had my wife's name on it. Not at all the same message. Not what I would have needed to hear and it meant nothing to her. She didn't ask for anything......

You see, it would have been totally different if I hadn't lit that candle and asked for what I asked for now wouldn't it? I was also in a very spirtually powerful place. Not just any cathedral, but a cathedral on a vortex. Do you know what a vortex is? Of course, you are a Christian and a vortex is probably Pagan even though you all are Pagans you don't like anything "Pagan."

There's already a lot of spiritual power at a vortex. I lit that candle and asked for what I did at THAT cathedral for a reason.

You can believe whatever you want. That is certainly your right. But do not expect to take away my serenity or my faith. My faith is unshakable and that scares the crap out of all you people that can't think for yourselves! How pathetically sad is that?

PEACE!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

My, my, you sure do hate what you don't understand.
You accuse me of being a person who just believes whatever they are told?
Did you read what I previously wrote? I gave up everything I believed and sought after the truth and I found it. You believe what some yahoo on TV tells you, your the real sheeple. I don't listen to Benny Hinn, he's just as big as a fraud and John Hagee, Pat Robertson and the rest of those TBN yahoos, there all the same, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY! Joel doesn't want you to have a better spiritual life, HE JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY, THEY ALL DO! You've been fed a troth full of lies, I honestly can't believe that YOU of all people would stoop to the level of listening to a well known Charleton (Joel Olsteen), so that makes me think this is all a ploy to try and get some Christian to say something that would go agianst the Bible, plus you are a hippocryte, you say I have no idea about what you believe, but then you go and tell me what I believe? You said that I'm not supposed to judge, where the heeck did you get that idea? That is the biggest load I've ever heard, it's one of those little scapegoats "Christians" use when they are caught doing something wrong. The Bible says to judge, it NEVER says "Do not judge" it says that the way you judge others is the way you will be judged by God. EB you are full of crap, this little debate is over, you need to quit trying to get people rieled up with your fake "I believe in God" BS, you are a charelton EB and a hate mongeror, all you do is spew nasty hateful crap from your mouth. Anyone who believes your lies about God is a fool.

EB, I hope you really do find God, I hope you find Yeshua, you embodie no likeness of Him what so ever, and by the way, me rebuking you is not to harm you it's good, because I am wanting you to not believe a lie or to spread one, you need to find God and quit starting BS threads trying to bait people into saying something that goes agianst there beliefs, we know you're trying to do that and it won't work. You a wolf in sheep's clothing EB, I know you don't truely believe what you're saying.

[HOAX!]

Peace and God Bless,

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So you know the mind of E_B, you claim to know the mind of God; But you can't remember to use a spell checker?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You believe what some yahoo on TV tells you, your the real sheeple. I don't listen to Benny Hinn, he's just as big as a fraud and John Hagee, Pat Robertson and the rest of those TBN yahoos, there all the same, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY! Joel doesn't want you to have a better spiritual life, HE JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY, THEY ALL DO! You've been fed a troth full of lies, I honestly can't believe that YOU of all people would stoop to the level of listening to a well known Charleton (Joel Olsteen), so that makes me think this is all a ploy to try and get some Christian to say something that would go agianst the Bible

Ha? Joel Osteen is totally different than any of the other Christian Freaks on TV. That's why you posted a video of his remember? He doesn't talk about Jesus enough and doesn't quote enough scripture for a Christian like you and many others. He is a "well known Charlatan" to the likes of you and other Christians again because you all feel he doesn't send out the right message. He wants people to have a better life and that is just so horrible of him.

I am trying to get a Christian to go against the Bible? LMAO!!
Feel free to explain what the hell you are talking about.....

, plus you are a hippocryte, you say I have no idea about what you believe, but then you go and tell me what I believe? You said that I'm not supposed to judge, where the heeck did you get that idea? That is the biggest load I've ever heard, it's one of those little scapegoats "Christians" use when they are caught doing something wrong. The Bible says to judge, it NEVER says "Do not judge" it says that the way you judge others is the way you will be judged by God.

Please show me where it says this about judging others in the Bible. Because I think it is pretty clear that it says: "Do not judge, lest ye be judged."

That doesnt' say judge others like God would judge them. How can YOU or anyone judge someone like God? If you act like God, then you are a false prophet, no? It says DON'T JUDGE OTHERS. Remember Jimmy, there is no gray area for you. You believe it all or you believe none of it, right?

Joel Osteen wants people to be free of addictions, other bad habits, free of financial worries and other worries, free of stress, etc. This is also in the Bible where it discusses getting one's house in order. Again, no gray area for you Jimmy.

EB you are full of crap, this little debate is over, you need to quit trying to get people rieled up with your fake "I believe in God" BS, you are a charelton EB and a hate mongeror, all you do is spew nasty hateful crap from your mouth. Anyone who believes your lies about God is a fool.

Full of crap? That isn't very Christian Jimmy, now is it? If you are riled up, it must be because I struck a nerve. Where am I mongering hate Jimmy? Where is my "hateful" crap? My faith isn't a lie Jimmy. It is my faith. I would think telling me that I am "full of crap" is hate mongering Jimmy. I think that's what it means in the Bible when it says "Do not judge, lest ye be judged."

EB, I hope you really do find God, I hope you find Yeshua, you embodie no likeness of Him what so ever, and by the way, me rebuking you is not to harm you it's good, because I am wanting you to not believe a lie or to spread one, you need to find God and quit starting BS threads trying to bait people into saying something that goes agianst there beliefs, we know you're trying to do that and it won't work. You a wolf in sheep's clothing EB, I know you don't truely believe what you're saying.

I have God in my life. Find Yeshua? LMAO!! Is that like "Find Waldo?" I love those pictures trying to find the geek with the scarf on. How would I be a likeness of Him? I am human, God is not.

WOW! You acting hateful is okay because you are on a mission from God to save me? Who sent you on this mission? Did your dog tell you to go on this mission? LMAO again!! Is that how the Christian settlers justified killing off most of the native Americans because they were "savages" that wouldn't convert so they were justifed in killing them?

I am not spreading a lie Jimmy when I tell someone what my faith is. How is that a lie?

I don't have to find God Jimmy. God is and always will be. I have God in my life. What do you have Jimmy?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Jimmy.....I get my faith and my philosophy from many people and places. Not just one source. I mentioned Joel Osteen earlier because I was trying to show that even though I have no religion, I can listen to someone like Joel Osteen and learn from him and grow as a person. I was trying to show you that I am willing to listen to a Christian. You missed my point ENTIRELY!

You see, I have an open mind. Your mind is shut like a trap.

:w:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join