It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict Solves Mystery of Pedophile Priests . . . Sort of

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Pope Benedict Solves Mystery of Pedophile Priests . . . Sort of

www.opednews.com

In 2002, when the scope of the pedophile priest scandal in the United States was becoming too obvious for even the Vatican to continue to ignore, Rottweiler Ratzinger claimed that the sexual abuse allegations against Catholic clergy were part of a "planned campaign" that was "intentional [and] manipulated" to discredit the church.
According to Benedict, it is America’s “increasingly secular and materialistic culture” that caused priests to fondle and rape children. Keep in mind that the “materialistic” remark is coming from a guy who has been seen sporting a pair of custom-cobbled red shoes, Gucci sunglasses, ceremonial gowns by Gamarelli, and listening to an iPod Nano while tens of millions of Catholics worldwide struggle to feed their families, much less put shoes on their feet or sunglasses on their faces.

One can also suppose that the bishops who knew of the abuse and did nothing other than transfer the pedophiles to other parishes, where they continued to molest children, were suffering from the same demonic secular possession as the priests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usccb.org
www.bishop-accountability.org

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So,
pedophile preists are a conspiracy (2002)

And then on his US tour - it's the fault of US culture because it's so secular and materialistic.

If that's the case, what caused the abuse in countries like Ireland?

Just when I was starting to have a little (only a little mind) respect for ratzinger, he comes out with this tripe.

With 4,392 priests accused of abusing over 13,000 people, dating back to the 1950's, it's now come down to the modern trnd towards a secular society - and having too much "stuff"

I had hoped with his recent speeches we had got past this point, but it seems it was only PR, and that the truth is he has no intention of doing anything substantial to halt the abuse.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Bwahahahaha,

Thats the one constant with the Christian faith...

If you have a problem... blame someone else!

Don't try to solve the problem, just point the finger somewhere else, anywhere but at yourself.

I thought that the leader of this Christian religion might be able to hold himself above bigotry but... looks like he's just like the rest.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This will make you sick. The Catholic church was involved in this too! This goes back to the 1930's.

amnesty magazine

A more complete history of the abuses endured by Native American children exists in the accounts of survivors of Canadian “residential schools.” Canada imported the U.S. boarding school model in the 1880s and maintained it well into the 1970s—four decades after the United States ended its stated policy of forced enrollment. Abuses in Canadian schools are much better documented because survivors of Canadian schools are more numerous, younger, and generally more willing to talk about their experiences.

The report says church officials killed children by beating, poisoning, electric shock, starvation, prolonged exposure to sub-zero cold while naked, and medical experimentation, including the removal of organs and radiation exposure. In 1928 Alberta passed legislation allowing school officials to forcibly sterilize Native girls; British Columbia followed suit in 1933. There is no accurate toll of forced sterilizations because hospital staff destroyed records in 1995 after police launched an investigation. But according to the testimony of a nurse in Alberta, doctors sterilized entire groups of Native children when they reached puberty. The report also says that Canadian clergy, police, and business and government officials “rented out” children from residential schools to pedophile rings.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So, pedophile preists are a conspiracy (2002)

Nope. Pedophile priests are just that .. pedophiles. Pedophiles saw a very rich hunting ground and they went for it. They are predators. They won't stop. I'm sure they were all pedophiles before they entered the priesthood. The priesthood makes a good 'cover' (or it did) for their hunting.

A 'conspiracy'?? I doubt it.
A rich hunting ground for pedophiles to enter and do their business? Yes.

With 4,392 priests accused of abusing over 13,000 people, dating back to the 1950's,

... and according to lots of recent data, the Catholic church is still safer then the public schools when it comes to being abused by people in authority. (the protestants have their problems in this area as well).

Frightening, eh? I fear for my daughter's future on this planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think that many people tend to forget just how huge the RCC is as an organisation, so you have a good point when you point out the relative safety issues.

However, according to the article the then cardinal (2002) DID say it was an attempt to discredit the RCC - although he didn't say by whom.

Any abuse by authority figures is horrifying.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nowadays he sounds very, very NWO. However, 6 years ago when he was just 'cardinal' ratzinger, he could have been meaning the NWO people or the anti-catholic liberal media. But .. who knows.

He seems to be fully NWO now.

I hold to my opinion that these predators see good hunting grounds in churches and in schools and they can't help themselves .. they go for it. They can't change. They can't control themselves.

The abuse by people in power over children is astounding. It's everywhere. Schools and churches are favorite hunting grounds for the predators. As a parent - I can't express how frightening it is.

I used to walk to school. But today - 40 years later - I wouldn't dream of letting my daughter walk to even the ice cream stand nearby by herself. I used to do it at her age ... but no way would I let her go now.

This world is sick.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Hmm.. we may agree on something Budski!

I firmly believe that this was not a new problem.. but that priest have been raping young boys and girls since the Church's inception ..

Only from 400ad-2000ad no one ever came forward.

Can you imagine being an 11yo girl in France or Italy or Spain or Ireland and telling the community the local Father raped you?

You would have been burned at the stake for heresy. Being a priest was a free pass to as many children as you could get your greedy nasty lil hands on ..

Absolutely disgusting.

Not all priest are like this.. but my god it is shameful to think of the thousands upon thousands who where like that, and the unmeasurable number of young lives that where ruined by some perverted old man.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From the thread's title it almost sounds like a Scooby-Doo episode:

Benedict walks over to a "ghost priest" who's been doing naughty things to kids in his parrish, and pulls off a rubber mask...

Velma: *GASP*!! It's Old Man Richards, the creepy dude who lives in that run-down shack in the Swamp! Why did you do it?"

Old Man Richards: I wanted to get my rocks off and discredit the Catholic Church for letting priests molest me when I was a kid! And to scare people away so I could get to a box of old silver pieces I knew had been abandoned in the rectory basement. I could have made a couple hundred bucks off that!! But you meddling kids, and that drugged-up hippy who talks to his dog, and that goldarned Pope of yours ruined my clever scheme!!"

All fun aside, it doesn't matter what the statistics are for who's safer and where. It's wrong no matter who does it or where it happens, and the only way to deal with it is to catch the people responsible and put them in jail until their rotted bones are picked clean by rats. It can never truly be prevented--no crime ever can be--but those who engage in said behaviour can be brought to justice. Benedict, as Cardinal Ratzinger, was a part of the decision-making process that moved these guys around and hid their activities, and thus shares responsibility for covering up this crime and protecting those who committed it. Even now he seeks to shift blame from the perpetrators to the "ills of society". In my book he's as much a criminal as the pedophiles themselves. Can a Pope be removed and tried for criminal acts? If he can, he certainly should be. Then again the next guy would be exactly the same.

Sounds like the Holy Roman Empire V2.0 needs a serious purging.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A big problem is that the church keeps on protecting and hiding these twisted sickos.

Aiding and abetting, I say, any church who does not immediately turn over any and all suspected pedophiles should be shut down, and the building turned over for police auction.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

No, I don't believe it's a new problem, and I don't believe the RCC didn't know it was going on.

The question I'm currently pondering is this:
Because of the spiritual issues, as well as the physical and emotional harm done, is this sort of abuse worse than any other sort?

I also don't think it's confined to "dirty old men" but is spread amongst all age groups, as is the abuse of trust when priests have carnal relationships with women in their "flock"

[edit on 21/4/2008 by budski]

sty

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
talking about the materialistic America : Can the Pope tell us what are the assets of Vatican in terms of % in the FED and other national central banks? This Pope is really stupid or really ignorant . One of the two!

[edit on 21-4-2008 by sty]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Well, to say that we are not living in an overly obsessive, obnoxious materialistic society is beyond naivety. However, with that being said, I don't think that materialism is to blame in THIS case, many others, yes, but not this one.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
talking about the materialistic America : Can the Pope tell us what are the assets of Vatican in terms of % in the FED and other national central banks? This Pope is really stupid or really ignorant . One of the two!

I did see somewhere that the Vatican does hold the largest reserve of gold on the planet. Unsure where that source is right now.

And this just solidifies my point in one more (large, imo) aspect of how religion is the root of all the problems in this world. Just think of all the people who endured this abuse and all the problems/crimes that were caused later for/by the victims, because of the abuse.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Bwahahahaha,

Don't try to solve the problem, just point the finger somewhere else, anywhere but at yourself.

I thought that the leader of this Christian religion might be able to hold himself above bigotry but... looks like he's just like the rest.

[1] He is a Catholic
[2] He is not Christian
[3] I take offense to that "point your finger somewhere else." comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Bwahahahaha,

Please don't interchange "Christian" and "Catholic." The Pope isn't the leader of jack squat to millions and millions of protestant Chirstian faithfull. To say he's the leader of the entire religion is like saying Louis Farrakhan speaks for all Islamics.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All of the abuse is okay though! You see, I'm sure that all of these pedos made sure to fess up to the acts when visiting the confession booth.
And of course a few Hail Marys and Forgive Me Fathers later, they're absolved of their sins and ready to start anew. Such a great system those Catholics have!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This was intended to be a thread about ratzingers "conspiracy" and subsequent turn around where he tried to lay the blame at the feet of modern society, rather than a thread bashing catholics and their religion.

I know many very fine catholics, both in my "real life" and here on ATS and this isn't about them or their beliefs.

This was intended to show the hypocrisy which IMO is ingrained into the RCC hierarchy itself - not the beliefs of everyday folks who are as devout as any.

Ideally, the thread will return to its intended topic, instead of a catholic-bashing free-for-all.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pedophilia is NOT exclusive to the Catholic church. I wish that the same effort to uncover these horrible abuses were also being applied to other 'children's institutions' - especially the religious ones.

I know a 'survivor' of this very closely, and I would go out on a limb to say - there are MORE older cases that are NOT reported than those that are.

I suspect this holds true for all organizations where children are entrusted to adults that are 'authority' figures (not babysitters or such).

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

[1] He is a Catholic

Yes.

[2] He is not Christian

Um, actually, Yes, he IS. Catholicism pretty much was first off the line there, after Constantine set up Christianity as the official religion of the Holy Roman Empire. Every other "Christian" sect is an offshoot of the RCC.

[3] I take offense to that "point your finger somewhere else." comment.

After 9/11 Jerry Falwell pointed the finger at homosexuals and feminists. Benedict points it at society's materialism in this case.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join