It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent trip to Area 51- Guards cross the line

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would like to hear more from the anonymous poster and his take on area 51, I think that we have danced around this topic enough, In my opinion we are beating a dead horse with this topic although I am intrigued as well..

M43

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey,
they probably bugged your camp site and that's how they knew you had a camera in your car. There's a good chanced they bugged your car too. Maybe it is still in your car too so when you go back they can check up on what your doing. I really wouldn't put it past them to do something like this.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
for what it's worth, you can go to your local "spy shop" and buy bug detectors for cheap.
and line tap detectors. just in case your (op) feeling paranoid.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

eh, i dont think my car is bugged. im not doing anything illegal so it doesnt bother me , even in the small chance it is bugged. i have heard from multiple people, never verified, that they have some sort of device that allows them to listen to us campers. anyone know about this?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I see you will never address the issue at hand, so in turn I am labeling this as a hoax. If you ever do address it, maybe I'll change my mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

I see you will never address the issue at hand, so in turn I am labeling this as a hoax. If you ever do address it, maybe I'll change my mind.

Exactly. Where's the evidence of any of this other than anecdotal? All we've gotten from the OP are vague answers to question. ThreadFail.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple

Wish I could. Unfortunately, I didn't foresee the guards popping our lock and taking the camera. So I left the tape in it. We just found it so odd. Hence we are gonna go back in a month and see what happens.

Don't suppose you took any pictures of the popped lock did you? That would go a long way toward verifying your story. It is illegal for those guys to break into your domain without proper cause. If you are 'harmless campers', as you say, this should not be a problem.

. Hence we are gonna go back in a month and see what happens.

I'm sorry but there are gaping contradictions in your story. You claim you were scared sh*tless when the guards came back 'with guns' to break into your truck. Now you're ready to go back camping at Area51 like nothing happened.

You should know better than to post an anecdotal story like this on ATS without providing some sort of evidence other than your words.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
why wouldnt i go back. Im not going to let them prevent me from going. sure its a little scary now, going back, but im still gonna do it.

How am i dodging this guys question. i REPLACED the battery after getting back. i always have more than one, plus a car charger.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Fair enough. but your claim that the guards were coming close to infringing on your personal rights means nothing unless you have some sort of proof.

You could have taken a picture of the trashed campsite. You could've taken a picture of your door lock popped open. The popped mattress.

If you were that concerned about your personal rights, surely this would have crossed your mind. As well, you've been to A51 24 times now.....you didnt bring a regular camera that takes pictures???

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

I may be mistaken, as I can't locate the post, but I believe bknapple addressed the issue of the battery life when he said that the cammo guys must have come back during the 70-or-so minutes when the camera was recording. Then the battery died and of course stayed dead until he and his girlfriend came back however many hours later. Then he popped in the new battery to view the action.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Monsieur Neary]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ah, here it is, on page 9:

"The 70 minutes argument to me is pointless. I left when it was still daylight, so obviously they went to the camp around daylight, so hypothetically, looking from an outside perspective, they could have gotten to the camp as soon as we left."

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsieur Neary

thanks, its hard to keep up when everyone is questioning.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

IF this did happen why would you go back? I understand that you enjoy the small town and the burgers that you get in the inn. So why not just stay at the Inn and hike around the area instead?

One other thing that is bothering me is if these guys waited until 4am to come into your campsite it would mean that they was waiting for you to fall asleep, correct? If that sounds like an acceptable reason then why would they drive so close your campsite that it woke you up and you heard them lock and load? Why not drive up to about half a mile of your campsite and sneak up to your car undetected, take the camera and sneak back? It just seems like a moot point for them to wait until your asleep if they are just going to drive right up and wake you.

Also, you said you know what kind of weapons these guys carry. I'm have gotten pretty knowledgeable in differant types of weapons the military uses from my time in the Army. Would you mind posting what type of weapons they carry? It doesn't need to be a link to a photo, the name would be sufficent.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

thanks, its hard to keep up when everyone is questioning.

This page has offered up only 3 relevant questions, apart from Rocks' battery question. If it's too much trouble to answer 3 simple questions in one post, may I suggest another forum where you can take questions one at a time?

You have already evaded mine twice now. Forgive me if I say you're either making this up, or simply want to drag out attention over a story that is likely not verifiable.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

whats been left out. i answered the battery question...

why would i go back? Cause i can. Cause I want to. Cause I wont let them scare me away. Ill just be more protective.

To the other poster above, I dont want to stay at the inn. Much respect to my friends there, the rooms are.... well .. id rather be camping in my big tent with my air mattress.

I cant tell you what kind of gun they had. Like I said I am no gun expert. My knowledge of the cammo dudes, based on previous area 51 research and pictures confirm whatever guns they are, they are big.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

They could take you into custody indefinitely on one occasion and only your family would ever officially register you as missing.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Random

They could take you into custody indefinitely on one occasion and only your family would ever officially register you as missing.

lets hope that never happens.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple

Please make up better stories! They took your only evidence...Please

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ben,

I have just finished reading the entire thread from start to finish in one sitting. Ouch!

As someone who also has spent days/nights out in the field there (not at that particular spot, though), I feel it is good to share info such as this. If the camos are becoming more intrusive/aggresive, I don't care if armchair flamers/babblers get bent out of shape and call you a liar....I want to know about it.

While a detail or two of it arouses suspicion, that is true of many interesting true stories, especially regarding something abnormal. Rather declare myself a 100% believer/disbeliever right away, let me just bring up some facts and thoughts which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, as well as add my $0.02 on other points.

1. Anyone claiming that camp intrusions/searches by camos NEVER happen outside the Area 51 border, don't know their history. I even recall reading in a respected book, an incident of the author's campsite being invaded by the camos while he slept. If not for his guide (Glenn Campbell IIRC, on Freedom Ridge?) insisting that the camos not search their bags, he would have allowed it due to their imposing nature and being suddenly awakened with a flashlight in the eyes. So while they normally keep their distance from campers outside the border, this is not always true.

2. Behavior when confronted with potentially lethal threats, is surprisingly unpredictable and varied. Reasoning, adrenalin, and survival instinct all contribute to a course of action, so it is difficult for anyone else to pass valid judgment on a course of action taken in the moment, without being there to feel the full sensory and instinctual inputs of the real event.

3. I empathize with the difficulty of being in a spot like that with a girlfriend present, for two reasons. First, the added stress and complexity of having to consider her safety also. Second, the impossibility of controlling what she says/does and how that complicates the situation. One time, while I was driving to get my car inspected, with an expired inspection sticker, my GF yelled out, "Watch out for that cop, he might see your sticker is expired", with her window open right as we pulled up to the stop sign where he was standing next to his cruiser. Luckily the guy just laughed and shook his head. Maybe if you'd been alone, you wouldn't have discussed the video with her, and they wouldn't have known to come get it, etc.

4. To my taste, I wouldn't leave a camera recording in the tent on the off chance of catching an intruder on it, except maybe as a trap while I was nearby and in physical control of the situation, or with a camera I considered disposable. Vs the camos, I would never consider myself in physical control of the situation. I'm fond of cameras and money, but I know that not everyone is.

5. I'm very familiar with semi-auto pistols, other guns not as much. While a pistol like the Govt Model .45 can be kept "locked and cocked" with a round in the chamber and only needing the safety released, that's a pretty high state of readiness for a gun when you can see the threat approaching miles away. Cycling the slide on a .45 or a higher capacity 9mm to load a round does make quite an impressive noise, not just a click. So maybe you heard a pistol with an empty chamber and loaded clip, having the slide cycled to load a round.

6. I'm a camera guy, and there is nothing technically implausible regarding the camera AFAIK.

7. Your camera model came out in early 2008 (for $360+), which surprised me. I'd been expecting it to be older/worthless, essentially disposable. Maybe you're wealthy, or didn't mind the risk of losing it, or didn't mind the chance to replace it with a different/better one if lost?

8. If your campsite was bugged, did you do/say anything to tick off the camos, other than viewing the video?

Regards,

JB737

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JB737

Thanks for the reply. I dont think the camp was bugged. Ive heard that they have devices to just listen to you from their truck.

Im wealthier than most I know, so while I was bummed about the loss of the camera, I was more interested in the story. I chalked my loss as a lesson learned and nothing more. Im not going to miss the money if thats what you are curious about.

Im glad you brought up those points. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join