It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I just answer the questions

The soup example isn't bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have PROOF earth is flat, per your theory. See, I travel by airplane alot. And on every US to Asia flight, I like to watch the tv/movie screen in the cabin where they show the position of the plane and its path, from US to Asia, and v.v. I always wondered why the plane NEVER travels in a STRAIGHT path, but always travel in a CURVED path.

Now, using your flat earth picture, the plane flies from LA to Tokyo in a straight line alright. No problem.

Now, bend that picture so north america and asia is facing you, like on a regular map we all see in classrooms. Now, that straight path is bent,....

just like how they show it in the airplanes.

PROOF!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ATS - BRINGING BACK IGNORANCE.

What the hell is going on here. How can anyone be this backward?

What's next, when we finally (if we finally) have 'civillian' space travel around the planet, will we be saying that NASA uses special bent window glass to make the flat earth look spherical?

My god this is ridiculous. So many problems with the theory.... *Jumps out of the window*.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Now when you jump out the window, does the earth come up towards you or do you come falling down to ground zero? That’s how I see ignorance. You say round, I say flat. End of thread. Or is it?

Another illustrative thought came to my mind about ‘jumping through wormholes’. The picture below shows a FLAT surface and objects can go from one end of the plane to the other in a short amount of time through a wormhole (or in the case of earth through the opening at either ends of the poles). I don’t know any other way to describe what I am ‘seeing’ here:

image source: www.crystalinks.com...

The wormhole is supposed to be a forward thinking theory by great minds, such as Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen, by the way.

[edit on 2008-6-10 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
What's next, when we finally (if we finally) have 'civillian' space travel around the planet, will we be saying that NASA uses special bent window glass to make the flat earth look spherical?

There are no plans for an orbital "civilian" space program. Sub orbital flight may certainly be possible. If/when they return with pictures of more consistent with a disc instead of a globe, what might you say?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Then I would say the Earth is a disc, because then the facts would support it.

So far the facts do not support it so I have no reason to believe it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
So far the facts do not support it so I have no reason to believe it.

I have to say all my observations have been more consistent with a flat earth than a round one.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
this thread again, oye.... The facts do not support a flat earth. allllllllllllllllll the pictures and facts and science, basic 6th grade science, support a round earth.6
just because you simply call them all one big sweeping fraud does not mean they are. Its easy for you to call them all fake, otherwise your theory falls..... flat.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm curious if you have any first hand evidence that the earth is round. Most first hand observation seems to confirm the earth is flat.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
I'm curious if you have any first hand evidence that the earth is round. Most first hand observation seems to confirm the earth is flat.

Yea, an uncle in the family who happens to be an astronaut who has seen our round earth. ill believe him over your vague theories that are all founded in calling all photographic and astronaut experiences as fake. its a simple way to try and prove your theories, but as i said before, it falls flat.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Duality

people in this thread including me have largely debunked the flat earth theory. The title includes that it is a farce.. But people still believe it..

The relevant point that this thread brought up was the fact that people willingly accept everything they are taught since gradeschool about science, astronomy, space, and the universe in general. Noone is ever "taught" to question the status quo or challenge what is commonly accepted/assumed.

But.. The endless points we brought up to support a round earth (not a flat earth) were never really countered by anyone anyway.

The idea that this "model" in the op's post somehow "proves" flat earth theory is pretty preposterous in and of itself. Especially when you look at how ridiculous this supposed "proof" actually is. Someone spent some time to make a really ridiculous diagram of optical phenomenon that is somehow supposed to justify a flat earth when none of it makes any sense whatsoever. I can make a drawing in windows paint but does that mean it's proof? Please.....

-ChriS

[edit on 18-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That's not really first hand evidence.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by bknapple32

That's not really first hand evidence.

Sir, its more evidence that you could ever produce in a lifetime. I dont mean that to offend, I just mean its more than silly drawings are theories that dont answer scientific facts.

Yes the good point of this thread is to enlighten people that we do just eat whatever is fed to us in school. But college teaches you to question with logic. Questioning is great, but to question everything is a waste of time. Its sad to think, all you conspiracy theorists out there( myself believing a few actually, but not everything is a lie. There is some honest to god truth out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think you misunderstand. I don't pretend to believe a flat earth. I only stated that observations seem to indicate the earth is flat. I have no first hand evidence to conclude otherwise. Atleast your response was a direct appeal to authority and not as fallacious as some of the posts supporting a spherical earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The best argument that the world is round?

Watch a lunar eclipse sometime

you dont see a square shadow in the moons surface

its round.

though i give you credit for a well thought out theory

unfortuantley, the earth is round
if it were flat, there would naturally have to be that "cut off" point where you're standing at the edge of the world looking out

gravity holds you down
but in order to go straight, you go down

i dont remember it that way the last time i went on a cruise ship

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yet a lunar eclipse sometimes occurs while the sun and moon are both visible at the same time. This would seem to indicate the earth's shadow is not the cause of a lunar eclipse.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

thats called a solar eclipse....
Lunar
Solar

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No, no. There sometimes occurs a lunar eclipse when a sun is visible at the same time.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join