It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

some fina questions, answer them all plz

Why can I get a telescope and see Jupiter or mars or venus if they don’t exist?

Why are they ^ round as well.

Why can’t I walk off the earth.

Why does Antarctica exist (according to the model that’s where you opened the earth)

Why would the sun just do circles above the earth (it would need something to rotate around)

Same question but moon.^

Pictures from earth based telescopes of round planets/stars.

Wouldn’t we see another flat planet based on the anglel we where at, odds are we would see a planet turn from to perspective where it was flat (probably sideways)?

O

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The diagram i had is soposed to have the sun on the left with a spot labeld night on the right.(obviously didnt work that way but hopefuly you will get what im trying to say.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by freight tomsen
Del, I've always wondered about the etymology of "Plane-t" what else can you say about plane-ts and stars? What do you think the planets and stars are really? Are the Sun, Moon, and Stars physical?

I'd assume they are physical. Some say they are sentient beings singing heavenly songs. Song people say they are just rocks. Neither answer really bothers me.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hackbart

Originally posted by _Del_

Originally posted by hackbart
Before i start wasting my time with the most illogical and crude nonsense i've ever come across, providing you hundreds of flaws in your simple minded theory, i have a question for you:

How can earth cast a shadow on the moon, if it's a flat disc with the sun and moon hovering above it?

The earth never casts a shadow on the moon. Unless the finger of God or something similarly bright were to appear behind the cylindrical earth. Seems pretty unlikely.

Why did i know you wouldn't find a logical explaination for this?

You can stop now with your pseudo critical thinking crap.

edit:

[edit on 21-4-2008 by hackbart]

I've quoted your entire "critical thinking" so you can reflect on your tone. Nevertheless despite your rudeness, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're talking about a lunar eclipse. The lunar eclipse has nothing to do with the "shadow" of the earth projected on the moon. I wouldn't waste my time answering your nonsense, but perhaps a civilized and more intelligent person is wondering the same thing. I've already answered that question and if you look through the thread you'd find it. I'd repeat it (as I have before) or point you to it, but I won't. Mostly because you are a drip.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You know I know the whole flat earth thing is crazy, but part of me keeps wondering what it would really be like to live on a flat earth ......maybe this is what it would be like....hehe

youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
Why can I get a telescope and see Jupiter or mars or venus if they don’t exist?
Why are they ^ round as well.

Who says the do not exists? I wouldn't take anyone seriously who denies such an obviously demonstrable fact as the existence of the heavenly globets like Jupiter, Mars, and Venus. You don't need a telescope to see them. They are quite bright most of the time.

Why can’t I walk off the earth.

You could, but why would you want to? Further you'd have to get to the top of the ice wall almost as tall as the atmosphere without the government stopping you. Good luck with that.

Why does Antarctica exist (according to the model that’s where you opened the earth)

What you call Antarctica is simply the edge of the globe. If you travel away from the magnetic north pole, you will find the the edge.

Why would the sun just do circles above the earth (it would need something to rotate around)

Same question but moon.^

I would assume it has to do with the magnetic north pole.

Pictures from earth based telescopes of round planets/stars.

Wouldn’t we see another flat planet based on the anglel we where at, odds are we would see a planet turn from to perspective where it was flat (probably sideways)?

Earth is the only Plane-t. Mars for example is a globe or globet.

O

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry to say... I think you've lost your marbles. That model you created is absolute rubbish.

1. The world has to be round, otherwise there would be plenty of inconsistancies with gravity. Such as water ect. The tide would muck alot of things up on a flat Earth.

2. Lets say that you were correct... If the Earth was flat, that would make other planets flat as well. If the planets are flat, how the heck does Nasa and other space agencies take pictures of clearly visable, distinct features of different planets and curvature? Do you expect nearly every image is forged by Space Agencies? If so you are misled.

3. Why would Nasa lie to us about the curvature of the Earth or even other planets?! I know there is alot they don't tell us, but I doubt they would lie about something so blatently obvious that it would be hard to hide.

4. How do you expect that we can travel the Earth through traditional methods (Boats, Airplanes, ect.)? There have been people who have flown around the world in one round trip. I'm pretty sure it would be extremely difficult to do/impossible if the world was flat.

5. If the world was flat, we'd have only two seasons (Considering there would be two halves of the world stacked upon each other), not four. Cold, and hot. Not Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. (If all of the world was on one side like a coin it would always be a constant season.)

We'd be devolving our information gain of the past few hundred years if we went back to believing the world is flat. Lets just go back and believe in witches and magic why don't we, and don't forget little Gnomes.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
how about checking this? it was a exparement to prove the earth was flat but ended up proving the opposite.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Also see, j-walkblog.com.../weblog/posts/proof_the_earth_is_round/

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
1. The world has to be round, otherwise there would be plenty of inconsistancies with gravity. Such as water ect. The tide would muck alot of things up on a flat Earth.

Tides are based on a slight wobble as the planet accelerates upward.

2. Lets say that you were correct... If the Earth was flat, that would make other planets flat as well. If the planets are flat, how the heck does Nasa and other space agencies take pictures of clearly visable, distinct features of different planets and curvature? Do you expect nearly every image is forged by Space Agencies? If so you are misled.

Earth is the only planet. I'm getting tired of repeating it. Why would the other bodies of the solar system be flat just because earth is? You might as well say, fine if a apple is round then all fruits like bananas must be as well. It's non sequitur at its finest. I'm not sure if people have poor reading comprehension or are just to lazy to be educated, but I've covered the fact earth is the only PLANEt many times. You only have to get out your telescope to observe mars and venus, et al are globes.

3. Why would Nasa lie to us about the curvature of the Earth or even other planets?! I know there is alot they don't tell us, but I doubt they would lie about something so blatently obvious that it would be hard to hide.

I've covered this as well. It's an important question so I'll answer it again. NASA has a HUGE budget. What is cheaper: sending a spaceship to another planet or faking a bunch of pictures? Where does the rest of the money go?! That sounds like motive.

4. How do you expect that we can travel the Earth through traditional methods (Boats, Airplanes, ect.)? There have been people who have flown around the world in one round trip. I'm pretty sure it would be extremely difficult to do/impossible if the world was flat.

You clearly misunderstand the map. Circumnavigation is not made any more difficult by a flat earth. I suggest you look at the maps provided. It looks just like the UN's logo. Coincidence? Hidden in plain(or plane?) sight, more like.

5. If the world was flat, we'd have only two seasons (Considering there would be two halves of the world stacked upon each other), not four. Cold, and hot. Not Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. (If all of the world was on one side like a coin it would always be a constant season.)

sigh

www.drakeu.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hahaha ok, i thought just the theory was bad but that seasonal model sucks. You can't change the orbit of the sun without reason, why does it randomly change and there is still no answer as to why it is doing random circles in the first place.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by tylerc25211]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I cannot believe there is 15 pages of debate on this.

I'm all for fanciful theories and conjecture, but this is a whole different ball game.

If the earth was flat gravity wouldn't apply in the way we understand it. It would also make alot of proven scientific theorum defunct, theories that we know to be 100% accurate.

I appreciate your desire to enlighten the masses to your findings, I just think you should choose a topic with a little more credibility.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Holy crap! How many pages is going to get to?
If this has been covered I apologize, I didnt read thru ALL of this lunacy.

I think it was stated that the reason the earth looks curved is because gravity bends light.
But, then it was stated that the flat earth has no gravity.
If there is no gravity to bend the light, then how are we seeing the curve?

Seriously, this is just crazy. And for those who dont know its there:

www.theflatearthsociety.org

There is a whole group of these people!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Holy crap! How many pages is going to get to?
If this has been covered I apologize, I didnt read thru ALL of this lunacy.

I think it was stated that the reason the earth looks curved is because gravity bends light.
But, then it was stated that the flat earth has no gravity.
If there is no gravity to bend the light, then how are we seeing the curve?

Seriously, this is just crazy. And for those who dont know its there:

www.theflatearthsociety.org

There is a whole group of these people!

i do suspect that this group of "true believers" are trolls

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
i do suspect that this group of "true believers" are trolls

I suspect your reading comprehension is poor or that you didn't read my first post in the thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah I cant believe people still believe this. The main argument this person has is that our eyes and pretty much everyone on the planet lies. Its like me saying unicors exist, but we can’t precieve them and nasa is lying. Oh btw, trees aren’t real ither. Come on.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The most charitable thing one can say about 'Logican Magician' is that he knows nothing about logic and is, certainly, no magican; however, he does exhibit an overabundance of ignorance.

It was noted, so nicely in the past, by a Laurence Peter (1919-1988):

"Against logic, there is no armor like ignorance!"

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is such a funny thread so I had to register just for it!

Seriously, why are you so obsessed with flat? Round is better than flat!

Firstly: You're saying that there's no proof for Earth being round. Is there a proof for Earth being flat?

Secondly: Earth the only planet in the universe, the others being spheres? Why is Earth such an exception?

Thirdly: If space flights are impossible and the space ships actually don't go to space... what happens to them then? Do they just crash down? Outch.
How the hell do the astronauts survive those falls? And why haven't I heard about these cases?

You must be trolling.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is everyone forgeting the OP wrote [FARCE] and put this in Skunk Works? Flat Earth is an interesting theory and a terrific thought experiment at least! No need for the hostility, just exist in the mystery.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clumsy
This is such a funny thread so I had to register just for it!

Seriously, why are you so obsessed with flat? Round is better than flat!

Firstly: You're saying that there's no proof for Earth being round. Is there a proof for Earth being flat?

Secondly: Earth the only planet in the universe, the others being spheres? Why is Earth such an exception?

Thirdly: If space flights are impossible and the space ships actually don't go to space... what happens to them then? Do they just crash down? Outch.
How the hell do the astronauts survive those falls? And why haven't I heard about these cases?

Hey, welcome aboard.
First, Proof for Earth being round -- go outside. Look at the ground. Get really close if you have to. Does it look round? Not really.
Second, Earth is special. Earth is earth. It is not the other globes. Why aren't apples orange? Other fruits can be orange, why aren't apples ever orange? See? It doesn't really make sense.
Third, of course they crash down. Or they are aimed over the edge of the disc and go over the edge. Or they burn up in the atmosphere. It depends on what is being launched, I'd expect. How do the astronauts survive falls? There are several methods for this:
z.about.com...
www.myspacemuseum.com...
www.sti.nasa.gov...

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join