It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by freight tomsen
Del, I've always wondered about the etymology of "Plane-t" what else can you say about plane-ts and stars? What do you think the planets and stars are really? Are the Sun, Moon, and Stars physical?
Originally posted by hackbart
Originally posted by _Del_
Originally posted by hackbart
Before i start wasting my time with the most illogical and crude nonsense i've ever come across, providing you hundreds of flaws in your simple minded theory, i have a question for you:
How can earth cast a shadow on the moon, if it's a flat disc with the sun and moon hovering above it?
The earth never casts a shadow on the moon. Unless the finger of God or something similarly bright were to appear behind the cylindrical earth. Seems pretty unlikely.
Why did i know you wouldn't find a logical explaination for this?
You can stop now with your pseudo critical thinking crap.
[edit on 21-4-2008 by hackbart]
Originally posted by tylerc25211
Why can I get a telescope and see Jupiter or mars or venus if they don’t exist?
Why are they ^ round as well.
Why can’t I walk off the earth.
Why does Antarctica exist (according to the model that’s where you opened the earth)
Why would the sun just do circles above the earth (it would need something to rotate around)
Same question but moon.^
Pictures from earth based telescopes of round planets/stars.
Wouldn’t we see another flat planet based on the anglel we where at, odds are we would see a planet turn from to perspective where it was flat (probably sideways)?
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
1. The world has to be round, otherwise there would be plenty of inconsistancies with gravity. Such as water ect. The tide would muck alot of things up on a flat Earth.
2. Lets say that you were correct... If the Earth was flat, that would make other planets flat as well. If the planets are flat, how the heck does Nasa and other space agencies take pictures of clearly visable, distinct features of different planets and curvature? Do you expect nearly every image is forged by Space Agencies? If so you are misled.
3. Why would Nasa lie to us about the curvature of the Earth or even other planets?! I know there is alot they don't tell us, but I doubt they would lie about something so blatently obvious that it would be hard to hide.
4. How do you expect that we can travel the Earth through traditional methods (Boats, Airplanes, ect.)? There have been people who have flown around the world in one round trip. I'm pretty sure it would be extremely difficult to do/impossible if the world was flat.
5. If the world was flat, we'd have only two seasons (Considering there would be two halves of the world stacked upon each other), not four. Cold, and hot. Not Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. (If all of the world was on one side like a coin it would always be a constant season.)
Originally posted by coop039
Holy crap! How many pages is going to get to?
If this has been covered I apologize, I didnt read thru ALL of this lunacy.
I think it was stated that the reason the earth looks curved is because gravity bends light.
But, then it was stated that the flat earth has no gravity.
If there is no gravity to bend the light, then how are we seeing the curve?
Seriously, this is just crazy. And for those who dont know its there:
There is a whole group of these people!
Originally posted by IchiNiSan
i do suspect that this group of "true believers" are trolls
Originally posted by Clumsy
This is such a funny thread so I had to register just for it!
Seriously, why are you so obsessed with flat? Round is better than flat!
Firstly: You're saying that there's no proof for Earth being round. Is there a proof for Earth being flat?
Secondly: Earth the only planet in the universe, the others being spheres? Why is Earth such an exception?
Thirdly: If space flights are impossible and the space ships actually don't go to space... what happens to them then? Do they just crash down? Outch.
How the hell do the astronauts survive those falls? And why haven't I heard about these cases?