It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I dont know if someone has already said the MOST OBVIOUS THING!!!

How is it possible that one side it's night and the other is daylight, the earth would HAVE to curve.

lol

Please, I'm begging you. Read the thread before you ask "obvious things." Most of them have already been asked.

i42.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now ATS is working to cover up their lucky charms with NASA! lol (riiiight...)

I still think you changed the title to Farce, because lets look at it this way, if a mod changed it to Farce, I'd believe it'd be moved to the joke forum or something similar.

Hmmm...wait, if the Earth is flat, should't we be able to see the Sun at the far side of our perifs, if there's no moon at night?

[edit on 21.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by tylerc25211
reply to post by _Del_

stop dreaming and wake up, the reason it looks flat is because we are so close. I think ATS should close this thread cause this guy obviously isn't listening to reason. There is 1,000,000 times more proof the earth is round. your evidence is circumstantial at best.

Yes, and the reason it looks round is because when you get further away, gravity and refraction curve light, so the flatness of the planet appears to curve inward on itself. The roundness is merely an optical illusion. We can see that the Earth is flat.

All you have to do is look down.

Ummm. Once again if gravity curves light, but your flat earth has no gravity, how is the light curved?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by tylerc25211
reply to post by _Del_

stop dreaming and wake up, the reason it looks flat is because we are so close. I think ATS should close this thread cause this guy obviously isn't listening to reason. There is 1,000,000 times more proof the earth is round. your evidence is circumstantial at best.

Yes, and the reason it looks round is because when you get further away, gravity and refraction curve light, so the flatness of the planet appears to curve inward on itself. The roundness is merely an optical illusion. We can see that the Earth is flat.

All you have to do is look down.

Ummm. Once again if gravity curves light, but your flat earth has no gravity, how is the light curved?

Ding Ding Ding.. Johnny tell what he's won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The question that begs the question. And we enter fallacy land thus, ending this dumb topic

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple
reply to post by _Del_

Uh do you understand how many employees it takes to maintain the international space station from earth? And over a span of 20-30 years . Come on man.

It takes thousands of people to design and manufacture parts for the ISS. Of those how many would need to know earth is flat? 0 They are just designing and building parts.
It takes hundreds of people to monitor systems and communication between agencies and the station. How many of those people need to know the earth is not round? 0 They are just overseeing systems on a screen receiving a feed from somewhere bounced off a high-altitude aircraft or blimp.
How many astronauts and kosmonauts need to know? Well, all of them, but there really aren't that many.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Everyone....

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Let's watch those large quotes please. An alternative to posting an entire quote is to use the [Reply To] button.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

I don't think light is curved. As to the earth, obviously if you were able to get high enough, you might notice the edge of the disc which IS curved.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

The sun and moon aren't really that big in FET, man. It's only about 32-34 miles wide.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Awfully sorry about this and I'm not being rude

The Earth is not flat

Hellllooooooo

A 3d animate object tis the earth as are we....

This is as crazy as saying the moon is made of cheese and mars is made of galaxy chocolate (mmmmm galaxy) ( which technically it is if you buy a non flat mars bar from the shop) UK joke

The earth is made up of electrons, protons, and other stuff just like you and me.... this goes against infant school physics....

Do you have children? Please if you do don't tell them the earth is flat....you would condemn the child to a life of misery all through school.

At the moment disscussions like this are getting out of hand here on ATS and i take my hat off to each and every moderator who has to sit through all of this and monitor.... come on surely surely surely you really dont believe that the earth is flat that would make it 2d..... no matter how you butter it up no ifs no buts 2d.

Rockets wouldn't have to burn so much fuel....the would not have to contend with the earths gravitational pull and the fact the sphere (earth is moving)

We wouldn't be able to have Orbiting satalites Orbiting as in circuling

Final point we use the earths trajectory (to send things round the earth ROUND!) so that they pick up speed so we can send them to Yes you guessed it other spherical animate objects called Planets

if your model is to be believed we would all be DEAD....sucked in to the vaccum of space.... the earth has to spin and has to be a sphere other wise the earth would not be able to keep it's atmosphere in....we would lose it quicker than mars did and to be quite frank and this is not personal

I think you are trying to ridicule us all....

Take a week off ATS do some research and come back when you aren't going to take the micky out of us all....

Moderators

"I take my hat off to you all" You guy's deserve all of god's grace to put up with this....

In fact come christmas i will send a cheque and buy you all a drink

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple
reply to post by logician magician

They put farce because your only proof is your own theory.

Proof thje world is round??

Sure, the satellites that orbit and some of the pictures that are taken... NASA and every private company that is not involved with the gov would have to be in on it.

Or how bout the international spaace station. That means every gov of the world involved would have to be in on it.

By now we are talking about 100,000's of thousands of people that would all have to keep this secret.

Farce, ha... Thats not even enough to say what this thread and theory are. I have a four letter word, but I wont use it.

This thread is in SKUNK WORKS. There is no need to put FARCE on it because SKUNK WORKS denotes theory. I don't see FARCE on REPTILE THEORIES.It's absurd that the original post would be edited for ALL CAPS when there were NO CAPS in the first place. It is an outright LIE and everyone who has seen the original post knows this. It just makes me think that ATS is actually a DISINFORMATION ZONE.

The FLAT EARTH was accepted for HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of years and is today the epidemy of open mindedness and consideration of human/animal perception. The Earth was only PROVEN to be round upon space flight, which relies on perception entirely.

All I can say is that if you don't even take a moment to consider it or accept it, then you are truly closed minded in your beliefs.

Again, I question the ALL CAPS edit when there were NO CAPS at all. It is merely propaganda by SkepticOverlord to make me seem like a crazy person, which is really just overdoing it since most think I'm crazy by proposing this anyway. So why the disingenuous edit by the ATS overlords? They are trying to "save face" in their conspiracy of acceptance, however they reject what is implied. I'm ashamed that that is the best they could think of! This reeks of their thoughts of fringe conspiracy and protection of the element. It only shows that they fear the main stream label of "nutter" and would have me edited. Probably due to mainstream advocacy by the likes of Robbie Williams. ATS is obviously starting to bow to censorship and corporatism. We can see that, as it is clear.

How can this be? Why is this? I demand proof that this thread is a FARCE. I will never get it. It is only a farce because of perception and close-minded disbelief.

1. absurd situation: a ridiculous situation in which everything goes wrong or becomes a sham

2. comic play: a comic play in which authority, order, and morality are at risk and ordinary people are caught up in extraordinary events

3. style of comic drama: the style of comic drama in which authority, order, and morality are at risk and ordinary people are caught up in extraordinary events

4. food Same as forcemeat

This thread does not imply any definition of farce, and so I question the rename. This is not for comedy, and this is not for absurdity. This is to measure the acceptance of an idea perceived beyond question. It is the pinnacle of questioning that which is reasonable to assume!

I'll probably be the first person to be banned on theory alone.
At least that guy _DEL_ can consider it and even defend it - although he has admitted that he doesn't believe it. Still, people attack... well, I might say he is this idea's bulldog (as in Huxley, Darwin's bulldog) and I appreciate that has provided the information that he has.

Hats off to you, Del.

That should tell you something about the mental state of the world today.

The establisment that is ATS has shown an active suppression/censorship/modification of belief and theory. What horrible times we live in - no wonder the mainstream can't accept conspiracy when even conspiracy can't accept ITSELF

SICKENING

link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I try to cut them as much as possible, but leave the questions I'm answering to cut down on confusion, especially when questions and answers aren't on the same page. I'll try to eliminate them when possible.

link   
If the earth was flat like it shows on that model, how come the oceans aren't just little flat ponds? We'd be able to walk on water if that was true! The world is round. Everything's not a conspiracy. Some of the things we learn actually are true. lol

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why wont Del or logician magician answer what I have asked twice now?

If gravity bends the light, but your flat earth has no gravity, how it the curve created?

Wait, I know. Because of the constant upward pulling or pushing or the earth, the sides bend down, kinda like when you hold a piece of paper on the palm of your hand, and then raise it up.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Light doesn't travel in a straight line, and therefore you can no longer measure this by size, it's by the brightness of an object. Light travels in every single direction there is.

You wouldn't see a 40 watt lightbulb from space, but you could see the lights from a city from space, the Sun is apparently millions of times brighter than that, it is capable of lighting one entire "side of the planet" for up to 12 hours. Must be pretty bright, huh?

So now that you've explained this (HA!, I can't say that with a straight face), please explain the curvature in the eclipses.

[edit on 21.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

In one of the replys you or LM said that the reason we see a curvature is because gravity curves the light. Going back on your own words? why? Cause the earth is NOT flat!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One of the oldest proofs of the Earth's shape, however, can be seen from the ground and occurs during every lunar eclipse. The geometry of a lunar eclipse has been known since ancient Greece. When a full Moon occurs in the plane of Earth's orbit, the Moon slowly moves through Earth's shadow. Every time that shadow is seen, its edge is round. Once again, the only solid that always projects a round shadow is a sphere.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The Earth was only PROVEN to be round upon space flight, which relies on perception entirely.

Sorry, but 6th grade math can prove that the Earth is indeed round. There's no need to hop in to a space ship to prove this theory.

www.astro.princeton.edu...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Of course the Earth is a 3D object. We live on the top of a cylinder. That top is flat. Your table is flat (assuming you buy a good table), and it is not 2D.
The Earth also is composed of protons, neutrons and electrons. I'm glad we're finding so much common ground here, I was afraid you might be a kook.

... surely surely surely you really dont believe ...

It is often hard to hold unconventional beliefs. This does not make a belief untrue.
If you actually read all my posts you would know what I believe.
Of course there can be no such thing as orbiting satellites in a flat earth theory. That's been covered.
Sustained space flight as we know it is impossible.
Earth has no gravitational field in the flat earth theory I present you. Regardless, the earth would still have an atmosphere if it stopped spinning, I assure you. Even on a round earth. Please examine your science on this point (this is not a personal attack).
I have already explained why a person or anything else will not float away to space.

Thanks for stopping by...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thank you dbates... All the more reason you should shut this puppy down. All the circular arguments are making me dizzy

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by ian990003100

Of course the Earth is a 3D object. We live on the top of a cylinder. That top is flat. Your table is flat (assuming you buy a good table), and it is not 2D.
The Earth also is composed of protons, neutrons and electrons. I'm glad we're finding so much common ground here, I was afraid you might be a kook.

... surely surely surely you really dont believe ...

It is often hard to hold unconventional beliefs. This does not make a belief untrue.
If you actually read all my posts you would know what I believe.
Of course there can be no such thing as orbiting satellites in a flat earth theory. That's been covered.
Sustained space flight as we know it is impossible.
Earth has no gravitational field in the flat earth theory I present you. Regardless, the earth would still have an atmosphere if it stopped spinning, I assure you. Even on a round earth. Please examine your science on this point (this is not a personal attack).
I have already explained why a person or anything else will not float away to space.

Thanks for stopping by...

Did you really say the Earth would have no atmosphere if it stopped spinning? Oh dear. You have lost all cred as a reasonable poster in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join