It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

stop dreaming and wake up, the reason it looks flat is because we are so close. I think ATS should close this thread cause this guy obviously isn't listening to reason. There is 1,000,000 times more proof the earth is round. your evidence is circumstantial at best.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
reply to post by _Del_

stop dreaming and wake up, the reason it looks flat is because we are so close. I think ATS should close this thread cause this guy obviously isn't listening to reason. There is 1,000,000 times more proof the earth is round. your evidence is circumstantial at best.

Why would you censor independent thought? Are you a NASA plant?
Almost all evidence is circumstantial. I suggest you study the term. Thank you for validating my evidence.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I know what the term means, did you notice i added "at best" the truth is i posted 2 links on the last page proving you wrong and you have yet to comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I will give a general "warning" to everyone in this thread:

Civility and Decorum are Required

Insults and attacks on the members participating in this thread will not be tolerated. Please discuss the subject and not the poster.

Thank You.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
I've quoted your entire "critical thinking" so you can reflect on your tone. Nevertheless despite your rudeness, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're talking about a . The lunar eclipse has nothing to do with the "shadow" of the earth projected on the moon. I wouldn't waste my time answering your nonsense, but perhaps a civilized and more intelligent person is wondering the same thing. I've already answered that question and if you look through the thread you'd find it. I'd repeat it (as I have before) or point you to it, but I won't. Mostly because you are a drip.

My tone is adequate, but truth hurts.

Just for you a little education: lunar eclipse

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple
Come on. Its such an insult to those who put in 1000's of hours of real flight time to become astronauts. To just ignore what they have to say because they just falling to the conspiracy theory of, well they must be lying, otherwise the theory wont work.

There are thousands more people who put in flight hours and don't claim to have visited space. How many astronauts have there been? Not that many comparably. Not everyone is in on the conspiracy: how many people really need to know? not that many.

Umm have you been to NASA's website? Have you watched the NASA channel? Oh I know, dont tell me, thats all a conspiracy too. Such an easy cop out. So when we see a space ship break the Earth's atmosphere, AND WE DON'T SEE IT COME DOWN FOR MUCH TIME..... What happened? It secretly comes down without the help of a control center? Houston is just asleep the whole time as a fake shuttle crew is talking to them, and the real one is talking to who? The Illuminati????

Come on. Im sorry, not everything is conspiracy. There have been plenty of astronauts. Im sure the crew of Apollo 11 would feel insulted. As would 13. Hell any crew would. Or how bout the countless hundreds in Cape Canaveral or Houston who are integral on watching every second of a flight? All that hard work down the drain so that the conspiracy theory wont have a hole.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by _Del_

I know what the term means, did you notice i added "at best" the truth is i posted 2 links on the last page proving you wrong and you have yet to comment.

I looked at your links and they didn't look anymore convincing than the four or more posts of questions you listed (which I happily answered). I'm sorry that you are so attached to your theory you can't explore alternatives unemotionally. I'll be happy to debate in a friendly, even spirited manner, but don't see what purpose name calling serves. Unless your criticism of the flat earth model consists of more than "this is idiotic" we should probably not discuss it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just to warn people that trying to argue a belief is a losing battle here and they will only beat you down with their own ignorants. When people pick and choice what facts they want to prove their belief and not all the facts presented then they are as flat as their argument.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

If anyone is feels that upset about this thread, I suggest you read the post I'm replying to before you have an aneurysm. Or any of the several others I've said something similar. I'd say the responses show more about the "critical thinking" ability and civility of the responders than this thread says about Flat Earth Theory.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Im sorry, but you throw critical thinking out the window when you tell me how all of NASA is just one big conspiracy. And how every private company that has launched a satellite is also in on it. That sirius radio man, definitely part of the NWO

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Does anyone find it strange that my initial post was edited for "All caps" when I didn't post anything caps in the original post?

The "farce" appendege is also questionabe because nobody has EVER proven that the Earth is round beyond apparent observation (i.e. common sense) yet common sense would dictate that time and mass is not relative to speed.

I CHALLENGE SKEPTIC OVERLORD TO PROVE THAT THE EARTH IS ROUND.

He/she can't do it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by _Del_

Yes, and the reason it looks round is because when you get further away, gravity and refraction curve light, so the flatness of the planet appears to curve inward on itself. The roundness is merely an optical illusion. We can see that the Earth is flat.

All you have to do is look down.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

They put farce because your only proof is your own theory.

Proof thje world is round??

Sure, the satellites that orbit and some of the pictures that are taken... NASA and every private company that is not involved with the gov would have to be in on it.

Or how bout the international spaace station. That means every gov of the world involved would have to be in on it.

By now we are talking about 100,000's of thousands of people that would all have to keep this secret.

Farce, ha... Thats not even enough to say what this thread and theory are. I have a four letter word, but I wont use it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
The simple fact that this IDIOTIC post gets nearly 200 posts in less than a day really makes me cringe. NOTE TO ALL ATS NEWBIES: if you want to get replies, just post idiocy/insanity that is so anachronistic that it would have been ridiculed in the year 1600 (more than 300 years before the NASA "perpetrators" even existed). I was reluctant to even respond, but--alas--apparently these posts are popular for a reason.
The OP should be outright banned IMO.

Oh yea, if anyone thinks I'm being a close minded skeptic by suggesting a ban, it should be noted that one of the reasons the whole conspiracy community is ridiculed at large is because inane b#llsh!t like this. To deny ignorance does not mean one has to entertain every b@tsh1t crazy notion.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Threadfall]

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Threadfall]

I think the fact that people actually believe the Earth is round due to the curvature of light have not taken proper measurements. I have, and have merely give a model for my data.

I fail to see how my proof is any crazier than Aliens, NWO, '___', or Carl Rove.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Have you ever been in an airplane before, or seen video from the spacewalks? You can see the curvature, if only very slightly.

The Earth is very round. How can you get to China from LAX without falling off into space? unless you mean to say that it's like an old videogame where if you run off one side, you appear on the other side magically...

LOOL

Perfectly said.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple
reply to post by logician magician

They put farce because your only proof is your own theory.

Proof thje world is round??

Sure, the satellites that orbit and some of the pictures that are taken... NASA and every private company that is not involved with the gov would have to be in on it.

Or how bout the international spaace station. That means every gov of the world involved would have to be in on it.

By now we are talking about 100,000's of thousands of people that would all have to keep this secret.

Farce, ha... Thats not even enough to say what this thread and theory are. I have a four letter word, but I wont use it.

First, the Flat Earth Model I propose to you doesn't have gravity, so I won't comment to the truth or untruth of someone else's FET. But, how many people really have to know? Not that many. Certainly not the "100,000's of thousands of people" you claim. A handful of people at the top of space programs. And the people guarding the ice wall (and not nearly all of them realize what they are doing, I'm sure). And people who claim to go to space. That's not that many people.

And I have a six letter word to describe the thread.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by indierockalien
Have you ever been in an airplane before, or seen video from the spacewalks? You can see the curvature, if only very slightly.

The Earth is very round. How can you get to China from LAX without falling off into space? unless you mean to say that it's like an old videogame where if you run off one side, you appear on the other side magically...

LOOL

Perfectly said.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

This has already been debunked as straw man. I think you should read the rest of the thread; you might enjoy it

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I dont know if someone has already said the MOST OBVIOUS THING!!!

How is it possible that one side it's night and the other is daylight, the earth would HAVE to curve.

lol

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

This has already been debunked as straw man. I think you should read the rest of the thread; you might enjoy it

DEBUNKED??

Could you please tell me which page?

I have to see it to believe it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Uh do you understand how many employees it takes to maintain the international space station from earth? And over a span of 20-30 years . Come on man.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join