It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The governments of this world are against the majority of humanity & free spirits. They have no power to make us obey them, therefore we shall never do so.

Don't allow them to make you think you have no right to fight against them. You always have the right to fight tyrants. They are tyrants: the evil Monarchs & ambassadors of this world, who rule large governments (not us).

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This.......and I cant believe I am saying this...lol......This will create more 'terrorists' rather than fix a thing.....It wont stop your lone nut, or hermit group of nuts. i doubt it will put you in prison to speak out, but it will give them hoover like powers to snoop on all of us.....hell they already watch me I am sure.....so too the NSA or DHS FBI guy or gal reading this....go luck your mutha

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I did a little research on this bill at:
www.opencongress.org...

I read through the bill, and from what I understand it sets up a commission that investigates the CAUSES of violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism. It accomplishes this through a 10 person committee who are appointed by people ranging from the president to the minority leader on the homeland security committee. The commission will issue a report to congress and then it will be disbanded. No where in the bill were any powers granted over US citizens. In addition section 899c of the bill contains provisions that protect the constitution rights of citizens.

Follow the link; read for yourself.

Is this a push over the brink of the "Slippery Slope"? I don't know, but I can definitely imagine this commission finding the "cause/source" of homegrown terrorism of violent radicalization...then one bill later and this commission could turn into a "task-force."

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Well Folks, More and more of the puzzle pieces are slowly falling into place.
Check out the above link to an article just posted on MSM by Mark Sherman a writer for the Associated Press. This just may be the clearance for how TPTB will cull the populace.
What are your thoughts.

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer
Wed Apr 16, 7:18 PM ET
WASHINGTON - U.S. executions are all but sure to resume soon after a nationwide halt, cleared Wednesday by a splintered Supreme Court that approved the most widely used method of lethal injection.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Here lies now look what you've done!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsEsterhouse

resurrection anyone?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, we are certainly on our way towards the NWO. The question is...how much more are we going to allow these elitist to take away from us before we stop talking, and actually do something? Everyone I talk to in person, and the majority of posts I read on here say that we need change. People seem to think we will get change with our votes..im sorry to say, but if we really want change, its not going to be with votes, it's going to be with bullets. All of us who see can see truth of what is actually happening need unite, and make change happen. If everyone in this country united and stood up against the elite, what would they do? What COULD they do? NOTHING! What is a gov. without its people? NOTHING I forget where this quote came from and I apologize but, "People should not be afraid of its government, the government should be afraid of its people." So how much more are each and everyone of you take? Or are we just going to sit around and complain about it and let the leaders of this country turn us into what our forefathers set out to destroy?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
when will the senate vote on this? and pass it like the house did in large numbers.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Wow.. so much to say and I'm not even sure where to start.

This bill should surprise no one. I hope that it doesn't. President Bush is a puppet in a long line of puppets. And if you think for a minute that the Senate, or Congress are going to stop this, they won't. They may modify the wording, or the title, but they will inevitably pass it. If it's MEANT to pass... it will.

Someone posted the video by Naomi Wolf, "The End of America". It lists 10 things dictators do, and how countries fall under that dictatorship. I decided to study Hitler and see how his rise came about. The man was super intelligent, and laid it out quite nicely. He did have opposition, and plenty of it. In fact, he had to commit a false flag to rid himself of that opposition. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about... look up the Reichstag fire. Ah... the wonders of an evil scheme.

You see... Hitler used the false flag to get rid of the Communist part in parliament. He needed them gone, so he could get supreme power. And now.. Bush and his puppet masters, are doing the same thing.

We're the frog in the now boiling pot people. We are sitting here with our eyes closed, enjoying this "nice, warm bath" while behind the scenes evil men are rubbing their hands together and giggling at our stupidity. We do have to wake up, and our time to do so is quickly running out.

Now, I feel I should point out something that I feel may alarm many, if not all, of you. I keep hearing mention of the Constitution. First, if you look up many of the bills, such as the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and H.R 1955, you will find out that "enemy combatants" are known for "bringing up the Constitution". Sooooo... while you keep referring to that, they're taking you to jail for being a combatant. And SECONDLY...

When the North American Union is completed... there won't BE a Constitution. No bill of rights. Nothing. New laws. Same evil agenda but with more freedom for the would be dictators of this "free" land.

And on a much more separate note...

This thread has MORE stars in it than I have seen in the entire time I've been here. Granted, it's only been a month, but c'mon.. you all are really being generous with those stars!

[edit on 03/30/2008 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have just finished reading all three pages of the OP, and I’m curious as to where all the Bu#es are. Usually there are always post for both sides of an issue, yet I have not read one person in favor of this.

That right there gives me the chills.

ATS members need to set up some type of deal where if something happens to them, their family members need to post on here. This way when numbers start to escalate we know what time it is. I know that might sound paranoid but DAMN this government will make a person that way. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I'd just like to add that I feel all the Indians and Blacks we killed were the largest mass murder, wether it be for slavery mistreatment or retaining the land we stole from the Indians. The blood on our hands is 10x 9/11.

The reason we killed them over decades were for the same reason, and for the most part "ok'd" by our same body of government ; constituting the largest mass murders on american soils.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mindping]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Here's the link for the text of the bill.

GovTrack: H.R. 1955

Every word of this "bill" is so open ended that it might include anyone or anything deemed worthy. This is a frightening bill, and when it passes it will become the foundation upon which our enslavement is built.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I see feathers spreading.. strong words whispering in the dark...

Strong emotions for not as time eclipses what was written.

Like all weak willed individual.. the sheep calls for help yet does not have the courage to climb out of its skin to give new life to that which they so despise.

If it means that much to you as an individual.. then create change by taking action on what you believe to be right for yourself and others around you.

When the law comes down and one by one is labelled and taken. It will be like it has been for some time in America.. everyone for themselves!

Land of the free and the land where "one" can prosper. Someone’s freedom and prosperity will suffer to oblige another in America.

So keep on rambling and keep on telling it like it is.. in time .. you too will be silenced by history as what you say will be, will have passed just as those who do not change will also pass.

Want change? Want to resist "them"? Then take action and write to your community.. news, churches, local minority organizations, local government offices who are elected and not appointed...

If all you do is come here to tell it like it is.. then you deserve what you let transpire.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This bill came up a few months ago on ATS, while the House was considering it. All it calls for is a study of "homegrown terrorism" by a committee which can recommend ways of dealing with it. The study group would have no power to pass laws which would entail the arrest or conviction of those suspected of domestic terrorism, it can only make recommendations. It's much too early to imagine concentration camps or another Guantanamo for American citizens.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Whoa Sestias!! Where did you get this information? It seems like you actually read the bill and formed an independent opinion WITHOUT the aid of some unknown person on youtube telling you what to think.

Its kinda sad that people on here do research on youtube and other conspiracy sites. It is not research if you only search until you find and article or video that agrees with your stance. It you really want to promote your cause/idea, the best thing you can do is study the opposition's argument. In the end your own believes will be reinforced and deepened, allowing you to more effective debate your side.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
From the govtrack.us site:

(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.

If you promote your belief system in the hopes to create social, political, or religious change, you are now a terrorist.

That means pretty much everyone on ATS is a terrorist.

It gets better:

(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Very vague, intentionally no doubt. If you plan to hurt anyone that was born, raised, or "operating" primarily in the US then you're a terrorist.

If you intimidate the US government, you're a terrorist.

`(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

How about when Fundamental Christians speak out about murdering Muslims? That's terrorism according to this definition.

Ah...But the government will only prosecute those they see fit as "terrorists" aka Muslims and people on the fringes of society.

If you don't fit into the mainstream, you must be a terrorist.

reply to post by durkadurka420

You need to read a little more because the commission has already met.

Here is the findings of the commission:

`The Congress finds the following:

`(1) The development and implementation of methods and processes that can be utilized to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence in the United States is critical to combating domestic terrorism.

`(2) The promotion of violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence exists in the United States and poses a threat to homeland security.

"Terrorism is a threat to homeland security" aka those in power. If social or political or religious changes happens, who will rule?

`(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.

Oh now the internet is the bad guy. And what exactly is "terrorist-related propaganda"? That is very vague. ATS could be considered terrorist propaganda.

`(4) While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts to combat international terrorism, it must also strengthen efforts to combat the threat posed by homegrown terrorists based and operating within the United States.

The only homegrown terrorists I know are those in Washington DC right now. They create fear as a method to control the populace. That's the definition of terrorism. "Its those evil Muslims over there who are out to get you," meanwhile our inalienable rights as HUMAN BEINGS are being eroded by this government. I have no sympathy for the politicians.

`(5) Understanding the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence is a vital step toward eradicating these threats in the United States.

The threats posed to the US will not be uprooted until the US Constitution and American homeland is restored to its rightful owners, the American people. We are living as wage slaves on our own land.

`(6) Preventing the potential rise of self radicalized, unaffiliated terrorists domestically cannot be easily accomplished solely through traditional Federal intelligence or law enforcement efforts, and can benefit from the incorporation of State and local efforts.

Yes collaboration is a great thing, except when the "unaffiliated terrorists" are innocent civilians pissed off at their government and want change.

Is it a coincidence this bill was passed shortly before the Democrats will win back the Presidency? I think not.

`(7) Individuals prone to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence span all races, ethnicities, and religious beliefs, and individuals should not be targeted based solely on race, ethnicity, or religion.

No #. The American people are pissed the hell off and will riot if this gets passed.

`(8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.

Too bad, our constitutional rights, civil rights, and civil liberties have already been violated by the USA PATRIOT ACT 1 & 2, and now this will further erode the "god damn piece of paper" that Bush calls it.

`(9) Certain governments, including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia have significant experience with homegrown terrorism and the United States can benefit from lessons learned by those nations.

Yes follow these other police states and how they control their populace through fear.

Learning from the best I see. Why not look into Communist China and Russia? They were/are great at controlling their populations.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Biggie noticed the fear back in 1993. And he made a song about it in his timeless, literal and metaphorical masterpiece Things done changed.

Notorious B.I.G. - Things Done Changed

Verse one:

Remember back in the days, when niggaz had waves
Gazelle shades, and corn braids
Pitchin pennies, honies had the high top jellies
Shootin skelly, mother#ers was all friendly
Loungin at the barbeques, drinkin brews
With the neighborhood crews, hangin on the avenues
Turn your pagers, to nineteen ninety three
Niggaz is gettin smoked g, believe me
Talk slick, you get your neck slit quick
Cause real street niggaz aint havin that #
Totin techs for rep, smokin blunts in the project
Hallways, shootin dice all day
Wait for niggaz to step up on some fightin #
We get hype and # and start lifin #
So step away with your fist fight ways
Mother#er this aint back in the days, but you dont hear me though

Verse two:

No more cocoa leave-io, one two three
One two three, all of this to me, is a mystery
I hear you mother#ers talk about it
But I stay seein bodies with the mother#in chalk around it
And Im down with the # too
For the stupid mother#ers wanna try to use kung-fu
Instead of a mac-10 he tried scrappin
Slugs in his back and, thats what the # happens
When you sleep on the street
Little mother#ers with heat, want ta leave a nigga six feet deep
And we comin to the wake
To make sure the cryin and commotion aint a mother#in fake
Back in the days, our parents used to take care of us
Look at em now, they even #in scared of us
Callin the city for help because they cant maintain
Damn, # done changed

Verse three:

If I wasnt in the rap game
Id probably have a key knee deep in the crack game
Because the streets is a short stop
Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot
#, its hard being young from the slums
Eatin five cent gums not knowin where your meals comin from
And now the #s gettin crazier and major
Kids younger than me, they got the sky grand pagers
Goin outta town, blowin up
Six months later all the dead bodies showin up
It make me wanna grab the nine and the shottie
But I gotta go identify the body
Damn, what happened to the summertime cookouts?
Everytime I turn around a nigga gettin took out
#, my momma got cancer in her breast
Dont ask me why Im mother#in stressed, things done changed

Now the government is singing the same song because they realize that folks, rather than each other, are beginning to eye the government as the target who is responsible for much of the misery. Government is now afraid of its citizens instead of its citizens being merely afraid of the government. That third verse, in a metaphorical sense, directly references terrorism. That's what the government is maneuvering to repress and avoid -- domestic folks taking matters in their own hands in very much the same way as foreign terrorists have done.

Lyrics source

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act" is really an anti-patriot/anti-revolution act. The bankers & globalists, who control the U.S. government are trying to enslave us, and take away everything we would need to fight back against them. They can not (and will not) stop a revolution orchestrated by true patriots.

The U.S. government doesn't belong to us. They systematically lie to their people, make unconstitutional laws, facilitate war-criminals (ie: Communists, Nazis, & Zionists) torture, and kill innocent people via bio-warfare (chemtrails with barium), rape children, and support companies that make fake-money, enslave women & children, and do business with the United Nations, which is controlled by money-changers (bankers), and mass-murderers.

It is a criminal-organization, which is controlled by the Bauer-Rothschild family & their associates. Let the world know that we're better off without that family & their government ruling our lives. Tell your neighbors & friends what's wrong with that government. Your community is more important than those criminals, who pretend to have the right to own you & your loved-ones (your family and land).

None of us owe anything to those greedy tyrants, and we never really trusted them to protect us from terrorists we hate because they are the terrorist we hate. We don't want to obey them, and we don't need to obey them.

They don't care about the patriots, who help our nation. The shills of the U.S. government don't protect & serve anyone, beside themselves. It's obvious that they hate the U.S. constitution & all of the people, who vow to keep & observe the bill of rights.

Let everyone know you will not support a criminal-government! They don't support their people, therefore we the people shall not support them!! They are the type of enemies, who patriots have fought & rebuked for generations. Keep fighting against them & expose their wickedness, until they die.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How to organize.
That is the question.
If we are all being watched, and organizing is illegal then we are finished before we can get a good start.
Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Where to start? I know the perfect place to start.

Take out every single tv antenna the msm uses , satellite relay stations and the like. If they cant spread there propaganda the machine rusts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join