It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act

www.opednews.com

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act which was passed in the House of Representatives is now heading to the Senate and is slated for passage.

The bill will assemble two bodies to identify and recommend methods of dealing with those who are too radicalized or deemed enemies of the state.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Get ready...It's inching ever so forward to be enacted as LAW people...Anyone who talks about rising up or standing up to these Elitists will soon be labeled a "domestic terrorist" and be hauled into prison! This is the gov's final assault on crushing the peons ability to stand up against them! If you even TALK about it or mention the "R" word, get ready to have your door kicked down and be hauled away! It's coming closer!

There are a growing number of Americans who advocate an armed and lethal force populace for the sole purpose of intimidating government - wishful thinking that this will prevent tyranny, and this bill is the government’s response. The bill passed the house by 400 to 6 – clearly the government is very concerned about America’s radicalization and people trying to intimidate them.

However, the term ‘enemies of the state’ is too vaguely defined and it is meant to be vague, it really means a multiple of ‘sins’ so to speak. We think we are above the description, but in reality we have become the enemy, not some off shore group of thugs which we have laws regarding now.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is an interesting video which illustrates just how dangerous this legislation really is:

H.R. 1955 p.1 Freedom of Speech, Thought Crime

It's very troubling to think that this legislation is extremely likely to become LAW! One of the premier tennets of Democracy is it's furtherance of free speech. If this legislation is passed by the Senate (and given hou easily it passed in the house it most certainly will) we will have truly become something other than a democracy. Faschism anyone?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It is so PAINFULLY obvious EXACTLY what this is designed for! The dissent amongst the masses for our suppressed voices is starting to escalate, and the gov is well aware of this. You can only beat down and silence the masses for so long while pissing all over them!

What this Bill is designed to do is crush ANY ability of people to form together and create CHANGE in these grotesque greed-mongering Elitists power and wealth grabs. It prevents th people from having the ability to DO ANYTHING to stop themselves being trampled over by these tyrants...

It is the final assault on the Constitution, and all of the american populace.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know the saying....people that would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither. That was how Ben Franklin saw the problem.

Did you know that around 42 to 43 thousand people die in car accidents in the US each year?? That is each and every year.

Well the total deaths on 9/11 was approx 3,000.

Don't get me wrong it was the worst crime of mass murder committed in US history.

But are you ready to give up your rights because of this tragedy??

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In many ways I'm so very glad I don't live in the states (no offense)

Guys, you may soon be classed as terrorists if you speak badly about bush on here.

What's also worrying is the apparent willingness of my own government (UK) to allow it's citizens to be extradited for trial on just the word of the FBI, and let's face it - it's probable that ATS is monitored in some way...

Guess we're not so safe after all - if they ever get control of the net we're all done for.

Better get that proxy prog after all

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is scary.....and the sad thing is it will pass with overwhelming support because most senators dont bother reading these things they just see terrorist and wanna pass it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Here is an interesting video which illustrates just how dangerous this legislation really is:

You people need to look at this video.. It is important..

Anyway thanks for this post.. I have known about this over at Ron Paul forums for a while now..

You guys think we are screwed now.. Wait till this passes.. I am sure we will be seeing each other right before the throw us in the Nazi style gas chambers.

::EDIT::

Added the pt 2 of this. for the videos

[edit on 4/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
yup, this is the real front for the "War on Terror". Canada and Australia are looking pretty good right now.

when will all this fear mongering stop? this is just like the red scare after ww2. Ok Hypothetically what would happen if there was another large scale terrorist attack on US soil? It would lead to either another war, or social crackdown if not both. IF a Nuke dropped on US soil, then someone higher up failed their job when it comes to monitoring and tracking such material. Out of all the superpowers of the world, this is America, now the elephant trembling before the rodent.

There is nothing to fear but the fear itself, and right now this congress is on a tight leash. To me this the use of the "word terrorist" is nothing more than social manipulation.

Just wait till they start disarming these "Domestic enemies" with names like John, and Bob for petty reasons. Doesn't the word Radicalization mean anything here? When a nation undergoes radicalization, its usually means they're preparing for war. When US Citizen's undergo Radicalization, it usually means someone or something pissed them off. Which signals what ? the answer is pretty obvious.

I'm fully aware this site is being monitored, nows the time to speak or forever hold your piece.

They're putting the chains on the sleeping giant. Watch and brace yourselves, History is about to Repeat itself once more.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsurion

Make no mistake about it---This has ZERO to do with terrorism...ZERO...This is 100% targeting of the citizens of this country to keep them as conforming, intimidated sheep.

This is The Patriot Act on Steroids.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

We know this... But does your typical idiot know this?? Remember these people only think what the news tells them. The news says we were starting a terrorist group to do some kinda of Oklahoma city gig, these idiots will think directly without a doubt we are crazy, insane, good for nothing people.. Look at how the typical moron thinks of a 9/11 truther.. It isnt hard to see my point.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This bill is the final nail in the Constitution's coffin. It allows them to "legally" imprison ANYONE. We'd like to think that they would have to have proof to bury you in a prison, but just take a look at the current state of affairs.

This bill violates almost every single right listed in the bill of rights.

The Bill of Rights protects the freedoms of speech, press, and religion; the right to keep and bear arms; the freedom of assembly; the freedom to petition; and prohibits unreasonable search and seizure; cruel and unusual punishment; and compelled self-incrimination. The Bill of Rights also prohibits Congress from making any law respecting establishment of religion and prohibits the Federal Government from depriving any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

This bill makes someone an "Enemy of the State" if they exercise their freedom of speech, press, petition, assembly, if any of these rights are used to speak against the government in any way, shape, or form.

Thought control to the fullest extent is on the way. Allow me to illustrate:

Everyone remember the War On Drugs? Who do we punish in this war? The majority is non-violent USERS of drugs. Now, I'm not advocating won-ton drug use, but I believe the government shouldn't have the right to tell anyone what goes into their own, personal body. If I'm so stupid that I overdose and die, well then, I deserve a Darwin Award. The real targets of this war are supposed to be the dealers, and the international traffickers, however how many dealers do you see behind bars compared to non-violent users? And think of how much PROFIT and CONTROL the government garners on the War on Drugs.

The reason I use this to illustrate my point goes like this:

Do you think that it will only be the person standing at the street corner speaking out against the government who's punished, or will it be the entire assembled crowd listening to him that gets imprisoned? After all, he may have influenced someone in the crowd to believe as he does, and the government can't have radicals (defined as anyone who believes differently than they) running amok, now can it? Already, peaceful assembly will land you in hot water. The government brooks no criticism of the Iraq war, or of its policies, so what happens to the populace once they've enacted laws which give them the "legal" power to seize and imprison anyone they wish? This sheds a whole new light on all of the FEMA camps being constructed all over the country doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Obsurion

Make no mistake about it---This has ZERO to do with terrorism...ZERO...This is 100% targeting of the citizens of this country to keep them as conforming, intimidated sheep.

This is The Patriot Act on Steroids.

Intimidation only works on those incapable of defending themselves. As much as i hate saying this, who are they fooling? honestly. Do they fear death that much? Lets get Realistic, ok lets say that there is an organized group of Americans working underground on their motives. Do they honestly expect to catch every single and last group willing to commit to change? or social network that does not conform? Who are these people that actually pass these laws? if anything they are literally creating and motivating more people against them.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What was the bill that prevents terrorism under Bill Clinton called? Anybody know? I forgot.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, looks like I'm screwed big time. I guess I will be seeing some of you in the gulag. Maybe we can all have tea together or something before they quietly dispose of us.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Bye bye miss American pie.
Drove my chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry.
And good old boy's drinking whisky and rye.
Singing this'll be the day that i die.

Don mclean american pie

Prophetic to say the least.
Ahhh... well we had it good while it lasted didn't we.
I feel sorry for the younger generations who really never saw the true America.
The 60's and the 70's. Our finest hours.
Now we're all just assets or liabillities.
Well since there's not much we can do.
We could always bring back free love!

Here comes 1984.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow this is so wrong. I just told some of my friends from school (their 18 and 23) about this bill that might get passed and, guess what they said. Their reply was IT DOESN'T AFFECT US. I cannot stand the ignorance of American's today especially from the youth. It seems like no one cares if people start getting thrown in jail for saying 9/11 was an inside job (I better take that bumber sticker off my car).

All I have to say is come and get me big brother because, they can have my dead body but they will never have my obedience.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Guys and gals, I have posted this before and this will not be the last time I post this.

"As you see bills you object to being presented, you may be asking yourself, "What can an average American citizen do?". The answer is we have always had the power to change things. We just never did anything. We have to put most of the blame on ourselves for allowing this civil liberties being breached. Senate has already passed this, it is stalled in congress, though.

If the majority of the registered voters in that person's precinct demand they vote one way regarding a bill, the representative is most likely going to vote your way. Otherwise we will not vote for them nest term. They will not be re-elected. Most representatives want to be re-elected. All of us need to spread this secret to all and all of us need to start excercising our voices and votes.

Here are Direct links to find both your congressman and Senate so you can contact them.

Find and write your congressman

Find and write your Senator"

If I get thrown in jail or threatened by the above statements then America has fallen. The land of the free would be no more. This IS totalitarianism.

Definition of totalitarianism from Wikipedia"is a concept used in political science that describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior. Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of secret police, propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, personality cults, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, single-party states, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror tactics."

It is time for all of us citizens of America to raise our voice and do our part and vote for other elected officials who will not endorse bills like this. Voice your concerns and tell those Senators that you will not vote for them next term if they vote yes to this bill.

If worse comes to worse..... read my signature below!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
wouldnt our freedom of speach be heard...... it is my right. their newly passed law means squat to a law i was born an raised too....

that law is fight'in words...... try that stuff on me, an i'll advance to the next level of being in jail an start the revolt there Lmfao ....

Let FreeDom Ring babah!.....

Honestly.... we the people are entitled to a free an safe state of being within small guidelines set in stone by the constitution of America. By these " rights " an Sidekicked by the Bill of Rights.... we the people shall encompass this great land with a means of respect, Dignity, Honor and Truth with intent to Free the Hearts, Bodies, and Minds To live a more fruitful an loving Lifestyle In which freedom, Safety, and Freewill Reign Supreme.

Otherwise prepare a host of viral posts of video an blogs emails an Ims to everything being spam bot you know if your ever about to go down lol Spread the word an keep the freedom alive, All people Have say in this world, All control it TOGETHER.

This has been a Public service announcement by the SayCanYouBe Foundation

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
For years the Democrats sought to prevent the abillity of the people to protect themselves from tyrany by attack after attack against our Second Ammendment rights. Only partially succeeding in eliminating the Second Ammendment, members from both sides have apparently now targeted the first ammendment as a way to keep Americans from organizing to defeat tyrany. Nero fiddled as Rome burned, and so ended the Roman Empire...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join