It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra help for black pupils urged

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by applecrumblemaker
I think your ignoring the published facts "black girls are getting better grades than white boys"

Well that's great! You're misreading my point of view here. I'm not saying blacks are inherently less capable or that they should be held behind whites. I'm saying that they have every opportunity to succeed and where they fail to do so, it is not white Britain's fault. That black girls are doing so well just proves my point. Black boys are capable of the same thing and therefore altering the school system to give extra aid to black children is not only misguided, but will only prove to harm the achievements of non-black pupils.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

To add to that: ThereĀ“s no need to alter the school system for-blacks-only (there is the need to alter it in general though), because that in itself is a racist act.

Thats what PCs dont get: Their apparent "help" for the "poor little blacks" is racist.

Acknowledging the differences in races is not racist, its common sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Thats what PCs dont get: Their apparent "help" for the "poor little blacks" is racist.

It's also demeaning for society as a whole, and more than a little patronising.

The so-called left-wing liberal elite has a lot to answer for...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by thesaints2012

if you now contrast this with black families, they have in a large amount of cases only one parent, a low income family because of only one parent and lack of education for said parent when they were younger meaning they cant get good employment, usually that parent doesn't even work but gets state benefits, so work ethic isn't ingrained at a young age into the children, they also dont have a strict upbringing with a focus on education and family life like the Indian children do, this is why you see blacks turn to gang culture a lot in the UK (and other places obviously) to substitute family and lead to crime within the community.

this is just my opinion formed by living in a majority ethnic area (handsworth, Birmingham) while being white myself, i have many black and Indian friends so im not being harsh on any of them here, its just what i have noticed.

I'd like to see some figures relating to this, because in my experience this is simply not true - it's a sweeping generalization to say that most black kids are from one parent families, although I do agree about the strength of the asian family unit.

just comes from personal experience mate, thats what im basing it on, i personally know about 7 of my black friends who dont have their father on the scene at all or their parents are separated.

in contrast all my asian friends have both parents on the scene, except for one whose father died when he was young, otherwise he would have both parents.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaints2012

I notice you cut out the part of my answer which is based on my own experiences of living in birmingham.

Why not quote ALL of what I said?

I'm still waiting for an answer to my questions - unless you wouldn't like to give them for some reason?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join