It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Turnabout?
I don't insult people or violate the T&C.

I mention it again;
How can people be FOR this kind of technology and against genetically modified (GMO) crops?

Boondock, where is this website you speak of?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The real problem with this type of subject is that it keeps going back to the "god" talk.. and for me, that's a roadblock..
you just can't talk about this seriously and bring in the bible.. it's just.. tacky.

no one is going to heaven.. or hell.. there is no such thing.. but I guess there is happiness in slavery..

anyways on to the topic..

I do think this is horrible... nature has dictated that this group of people can't reproduce on their own, why should we go and change it? it makes no sense.
I think we should be finding out what gene is defective and try and get that fixed, much like we do with other genetic problems.. (yes, I do think that "gayness" is a genetic problem.. some of it has to do with the amount of hormones and chemicals that we are exposed to everyday of our lives.. not anyones "fault").

"oh, but people who have so much love to give should have kids"... well.. no.. that's stupid.. love to give doesn't = good parents.

my wife and I lived in vancouvers west end for over 7 years.. and if you know vancouvers west end, it's very very "gay" orientated..
and after these years of living down there I gotta be honest, most of those gay people having kids is a scary thought. you just can't raise a kid in that biased environment. I have seen what some of those "gay" people teach their kids... and you know what.. it's the same kinda hate we see from the religious side. the door swings both ways if you know what I mean.
for the most part.. "gay culture" (and I use that term loosely) isn't family orientated, AT ALL.

"but there are straight people who are terrible parents, so whats the difference"
I hate this argument.. it's just sooo ignorant.
I believe that straight people/familys are (or can be) just as bad.. doesn't give gay people any right to be the same.

oh.. and don't bother with the homophobic BS either... im not afraid of gay people.. I just don't think they make good parents.

it's just like the word racist that gets tossed around too much.. look it up people.

at the end of the day here is my solution.

1)we need to stop with this "gay" label.. it just holds everything back.. if you need it to identify your self with gay everytime.. im sorry you feel that way.. but I like to reffer to my friends as just that..friends.. not gay friends.. not black or asian friends.. just friends..

2) im really one for parental testing and education... before people can have kids they should have to pass some tests.. general knowledge or something to that effect.. you have to have a partner to some effect in a stable relationship.. you dont have to be married, but you know.. stable.
this is for any and all people.. not one group.

3) you have to have a decent stable income..

if everything is all good, then yeah, let whom ever have whatever.
(im still against lab babies though.. there are enough kids in the world)

to finish up (sorry its long)

I see the local lezzies came out...
look, ladies... don't get your leg hair in a bunch... just talk to people.. even though some people are asses.. just talk to them and inform.. when everyone starts shooting off (both sides) it just makes things worse.

done.

lol

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ya know, it's almost starting to sound like Jerry Springer around here lately. Drama, argument, Fundies making pronouncements...

Boondock, Rasobasi, could one of you please U2U me and let me know what this new website is? I've been looking for a good alternative for quite awhile now...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This makes me sick! The world is truely losing all ethical reasoning if it stands idle and lets these people carry on. Sure it can be done but whos to say it should be done? Scientific evidence already exists that verifies if a young boy grows up without a father he is likely to develop his feminine side too much and there is a high chance he will turn homosexual.

The feminist movement led to nothing more than a breakup of the Nuclear family and the 50% failer rate of marriages. The only way a family can truely work is to have a leader. I'm not going to get into a feminism debate here but taking away the father and mother component of any family has consequences. Homosexuality and all the research to aid it is in essence destroying mankind.

Im all for medical research and science but this is just wrong. A healthy family needs a Mother and a Father. You know im right and so do they.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
This makes me sick! The world is truely losing all ethical reasoning if it stands idle and lets these people carry on. Sure it can be done but whos to say it should be done? Scientific evidence already exists that verifies if a young boy grows up without a father he is likely to develop his feminine side too much and there is a high chance he will turn homosexual.

^^^^^^can you provide a source for that....please and thanks....as far as who says it should be done well, who says it shouldn't? you? me....who is the authority on this matter and what does ethics have to do with this...?

Homosexuality and all the research to aid it is in essence destroying mankind.

^^^^^^^homophobe much?

Im all for medical research and science but this is just wrong. A healthy family needs a Mother and a Father. You know im right and so do they.

i don't know you're right...i think you're wrong though..what is the definition of a healthy family? a lot of marriages end in divorce....a child can be raised and be healthy from a mother/father, father only, mother only, or gay parents...
i'm all for medical research and science too and i hope this allows gay people to have children. i really do if nothing more to disgust some of you bigots and the like.
run your noses in it if you will. i'm tired of outlooks like yours....

you want things to go back to how they were in the 50's when the dad worked and the mom stayed home and even though dad drank a 5th a day and beat mom, there was no divorce cause 'what would people think'?

lets go back to when all the guys had flat tops and wore converse and all the ladies wore knee length skirts and saddle shoes....

living in the stone age man...this progression is going to happen it is just a matter of how long.....i for one welcome it

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm shocked to see that people think that a mother and father is absolutly needed to form a family. Since when? I've gone to high school and elementary school with kids who had two women for there parents, they turned out just fine to. If people want to do this, let them. WE have no real right to stand in there way. If you believe in God and all that jazz then please keep believing but don't push it on everyone else. I mean my gosh if people want to experience the love and joy of having a child (Gay/lesbian couples) then let them!

I really don't see WHY it makes much of a big difference...You can say having two women as parents for a boy child might make him feminine. But you can say that having a mother and father for a boy child might make him to masculine. To be honest the way children are raised are not raised by stupid statics, but the couple themselves. Why do we keep forgetting that?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
Why do we keep forgetting that?

cause people like to judge. people are bigots. people are afraid of things that are not like them. people are homophobes....several reasons why as you can see.

i knew a dude when i was about 14 and he was about 16. he had 2 parents, both female and he was a normal kid...
these people that think that a mother and father autmoatically think that makes for a good family.

you'd think the main concern would be for the child. is the child loved? can they care for the child? if so then what is the problem? seriously
cause it don't mesh with your guy in the sky rules.....meh

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Ya know, it's almost starting to sound like Jerry Springer around here lately. Drama, argument, Fundies making pronouncements...

Boondock, Rasobasi, could one of you please U2U me and let me know what this new website is? I've been looking for a good alternative for quite awhile now...

I think one way to help reconcile the integrity of the ATS community is to add or further clarify a stance on spamming Bible scripture in the threads. They constantly spam paragraphs of scripture and write very little on their own thoughts and feelings on the matter, OR, as was the case a few posts ago when I was attacked by Clearskies, she didn't say anything at all outside of spamming scripture. There needs to be a little more "structure" in this regards. IMHO it would help the integrity of ATS.

p.s include me in that u2u please

[edit on 073030p://16u41 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

i agree with you on the bible spamming....that stuff gets old....get into a 5 page thread and then all you're getting is psalms or whatever they're called with a little 3 word snippet from the user...
thats lame, annoying, and spam but i guess it's all allowed

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is an awesome discovery! I say, Gods hand guides the scientists work. And children need LOVE it does not matter who it comes from.

I wonder about this, lets say a woman is alone and not with anyone. But she wants a baby of her own genetic material. Could she just create her own sperm from her egg, and just have her own self as a baby? I dont think it would even look like you, because genetics are pretty arbitrary, but I dont know if it is even possible.

Forgot to add, most gays have a mom and dad, ie, they come from 2 straight people. Just something to think about.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I agree with this
I've read the bible once, no need for me to read that "thing" once again.

Reply to Boondock78
Completely agree with the "people don't work well/agree with things that are different" type of things. I mean look at the movement we still have going on right now for the gay/lesbian movement. Kind of surprised that some church or affliates of a church aren't trying to sabatoge or abolish this result.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Forgot to add, most gays have a mom and dad, ie, they come from 2 straight people. Just something to think about.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by hotbakedtater]

yeah but they are abominations...
here in a minute you will get some scripture that 'proves' you shouldn't lay with the same sex.....'rolls my effin eyes'

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano

IKind of surprised that some church or affliates of a church aren't trying to sabatoge or abolish this result.

you mean like godhatesfags.com

they're out there

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Imo the morality question is irrevellent.
I feel the last thing this planet needs is new ways to breed more humans.
We are way over populated now.

After saying that I also feel that Science (the true religion) should never be deprived of expanding knowledge.
It just needs to be curtailed sometimes to prevent unwanted events being sprung upon us through thoughtless acts .

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Chick tracts are an abomination! Gay people are just, well, gay.

Just because someone can copy and paste bible verses doesnt annoy me, it amuses me actually. If one believes in God, one cannot say the scientists discovery is ungodly, or wrong. The dsame God who made me and you made the gays and scientists as well.

Like my grandma used to, God dont make trash!!

Meaning, God doesnt make mistakes.

I love this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I remember them clearly, can't walk out on the streets without carrying a rock, or even a blunt object.
. I guess my Main concern is...if we go to far what exactly will those who are christian do? I know not all christians think the same, and for that it makes me a least a bit happier to know.

But sites like godhatesfags infuriates me, especially the fact that it got publicity on some network. For the land of the free it sure doesn't have much freedom.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
"but there are straight people who are terrible parents, so whats the difference"
I hate this argument.. it's just sooo ignorant.
I believe that straight people/familys are (or can be) just as bad.. doesn't give gay people any right to be the same.

That's NOT what is being implied when that arguement is made.

Nobody is saying gay parents should have the Rights to abuse children because hetero parents abuse children

What is being stressed here is that dual hetero parents i.e 1 man 1 women, is not a guarantee for success, and not by a long shot. There are many troubled hetero homes producing F'ed up kids.

There are also many homosexual marriages and partners with the exact same situation. Producing troubled kids because of broken homes.

Both heterosuxual and homosexual parents have great families and produce great children as well!

The point that is being stressed with that arguement is that both bad and good family dynamics applies to both Heterosexual and Homosexual parenting.

It's not specific to sex ratio or sexual orientation, and therefore all couples should be given full Rights to the opportunity to make a great home and make great kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I knew I'd stir the pot with what I said I expected as much for someone to come out with all guns blazing calling me a homophobe a biggot and the like.
The very word homophobe is used as a tool to make Homosexuality more acceptable and to scare people away from criticising it. Im not afraid of "gays" nor do I hate them. But simple common sense and nature dictates that a man and woman should be together and reproduce. Homosexuality may be good and fine to you and is accepted on the whole in todays society.. but granting these couples children is not the way the universe intended. Dont you agree?

My comment about families needing a Father and a Mother are based on what is desireable for a healthy family. I have many friends with devorced parents and they have turned out fine. All a child truely needs to have a fair shot is love and nurturing. But a child needs all kinds of nurturing and when you take away a father or a mother it doesnt always get all that is needed for that child to have a balanced perspective and character in life.

I know aswell devorces are needed and that people need to be safe as marriage can fail. So no I'm not a biggot im not a homophobe and I certainly dont want a flat top hair cut

Progression? Who are you kiding... your like an ignorant child playing with a box of matches covered in oil. You keep claiming "people like us" (lol at that by the way) are closed minded to things. Maybe we just think such IMPORTANT things like the methods of reproduction of our very species and in turn our existence as a human race, should be scrutenised just a little before we light the match

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I think one way to help reconcile the integrity of the ATS community is to add or further clarify a stance on spamming Bible scripture in the threads. They constantly spam paragraphs of scripture and write very little on their own thoughts and feelings on the matter, OR, as was the case a few posts ago when I was attacked by Clearskies, she didn't say anything at all outside of spamming scripture.

I was answering what LL had said, here;

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

that one fatefull holy night, Jesus's 1st dad, impregnates the virgin and then get's the hell out of dodge I guess the standards for good ol' healthy family dynamics has been around for a while!

I said;

[

What an ignorant thing to say.

Jesus was near God his ENTIRE life until the crucification.

He was even able to TEACH the priests of the Temple at Jerusalem at 12 years old;

Spamming?
I only used 11 scriptures.
The only scripture I have used this ENTIRE thread. To clarify that Jesus did indeed have our heavenly Father with him on this Earth.

My main points were,

Luk 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

I usually don't break up and leave out scriptures. So that people can understand the context.

A cloned child might not have an Earthly Father.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
But simple common sense and nature dictates that a man and woman should be together and reproduce.

Funny I havn't been seeing people suggesting heterosexuals shouldn't procreate?....

My comment about families needing a Father and a Mother are based on what is desireable for a healthy family.

And that is based on your personal opinion. Thanks for sharing

Progression? Who are you kiding... your like an ignorant child playing with a box of matches covered in oil.

Yeah cuz that's just as nice as calling someone a 'bigot' or a homophobe'
... typical.

Maybe we just think such IMPORTANT things like the methods of reproduction of our very species and in turn our existence as a human race, should be scrutenised

Scrutinized? Okay...

I brought this up in another thread a couple times but Ill say it again:

This is an obsolete and moot arguement. We are at 7 billion human beings and our population is growing.

Bring up the arguement of our "existence" when every heterosexual, or even most, somehow magically "turns" gay, then you have something to debate. Until then it's an obsolete arguement.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join