It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well , time to chime in for a sec as a token lesbian. LOL Interesting thoughts you all have. Really, we have our own faiths and our own beliefs here. DO we need to put each other down?

PS I am going to heaven

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
I pointed out that the quote you inserted to support your assertation regarding Jesus's teaching regarding homosexuality, did not support your argument because nothing in that quote was directly attributed to Jesus. Most of it was Old Testament quotes. However, my assertations regarding the old and new covenant and Messaniac Jews still stands.

As it indeed should! As Jesus Christ didn't say anything on the issue of homosexuality. They always post the words of others in the Bible to support that notion, and indeed, it's almost always from the OT that the New Convenant supposedly saved them from. Hipocracy. They bathe in it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rdog
Well , time to chime in for a sec as a token lesbian. LOL Interesting thoughts you all have. Really, we have our own faiths and our own beliefs here. DO we need to put each other down?

They feel the gay world is trying to convert the straight world into being gay. So it explains why they are so aggressive I suppose.

Neverminding the fact they show up at our doors to convert us of course.

I think having belief and faith is paramount to healthy living, but when it infringes on the personal liberties of others, such as marriage, then it is wholly immoral.

PS I am going to heaven

Unfortunately when you get there "Jesus will not know you" and the sins of your life will sink you all the way down to the pitts of hell.

I mean... I love you and judge you not.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It is a totally different agenda, is not really about been afraid of converting men into homosexuals this is only the scape goat, but rather the agenda of different factions or religious radicals taking their views to the extreme is very different.

This groups are, CHRISTIAN RECONSTRUCTIONISM, DOMINION THEOLOGY, AND THEONOMY if you think Muslim extremist are dangerous you have a clue what this Christan extremist are after.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

O.K., enough of this, "they", "them", "those people".
Generalization about how 'miserable' born-again Christians are and how we're trying to make others miserable.

Are THERE ANY Dominion Theological Christians on here???
Because Marge says we ALL are.
???

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Talk to the hand. lol.

Jesus Had a Father AND a mother. Father God and
Joseph ALSO took him as his own.

***Forestlady;

Yes, it would more than likely be cloning, because with no female or male
They would have to gene-splice and I am thinking to have the child SHARE their genes, they WOULD DEFINITELY use their own DNA.

While you WERE adopted, (I was by my Step-Dad) you could still IMAGINE
about your Mother AND Dad.
These children would only have half of a picture.

Forgive me for being confused, but at one point you said your father left you and your mom when youw ere three, and mentioned your mother having a girlfriend, but now you have a step dad? how does that work?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Forgive me for being confused, but at one point you said your father left you and your mom when youw ere three, and mentioned your mother having a girlfriend, but now you have a step dad? how does that work?

I'm sorry for the confusion. I was giving an example about the 'Mom's girlfriend part'. My Mom was NOT gay.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow, that's allot of religious toting and bible thumping I see going on in here.

So, the right to have children is a gift from god, and if you don't have it, you don't deserve it eh?

Okay... I would like one of you bible pushers to tell that to my girlfriend who has recently found out she cannot have children.
You tell her this en vitro process is against god's will... say it to her face. I dare you.

If your "god" is so dead set against gays... then why would your "god" have made gays?

Clearly if your magical man in the sky exists, then he intended gays to exist.

I do also remember quite a few passages from YOUR religious text COMMANDING you not to judge.

And what are you doing?

The gays aren't judging you... they're just trying to do exactly what YOUR telling them they are supposed to do... procreate.

Hypocrites... none of you deserve children. I would sooner have a loving gay couple take care of your kids than have them in you hate filled custody.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Yes, it would more than likely be cloning, because with no female or male
They would have to gene-splice and I am thinking to have the child SHARE their genes, they WOULD DEFINITELY use their own DNA.

Uh-huh. And hetero parents don't use their own DNA to make a baby, at least according to your statement. Then what is the baby made from, if not the parent's DNA?

The procedure you are talking about is NOT cloning. Gene-splicing is NOT cloning, by it's vary definition.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rdog

PS I am going to heaven

Wow, someone with some clear commen sense on both sides of the issue. Intollerence comes from both sides, some of these peoples intollerence towards peoples beliefs and religion makes them a big ol stinky hypocrite and likewise religious people should except that many of us arn't religious and have no reason to believe in what the bible says. If you can't understand why people feel the way they do about certain things then your no better than them.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Not so humble an opinion when you can assert such drastic sentiment is held by Jack Chick. Hate is a strong word and I would suggest you, forestlady, marg and anyone else calling someone who doesn't share your ambiguously nebulous lines of demarcation between that which is right and just, to that which we are just to ambivalent about taking a stand then having your mind read being told you are filled with Hatred and Bigotry.

That when the Jesus of the Bible speaks of such things being wrong and foretells the consequences of our moral acceptance to these behaviors.

When those consequences rear their ugly heads, those same people blame God saying he doesn't love us or he must not really care. I then see them talk about the love of Jesus message when in fact their are many messages where that love must be expressed in the form of rebuke.

A parent can chasten his child, judging the childs actions while showing dis-approval and the parent still loves the child. The love Jesus spoke of, has NOTHING to do with obscure, unique, "special" ineterest groups obsession with encroaching on society in a campaign to get synthetic public approval for their brand of sexual or personal indulgences.

The more off to the left we go, the more extreme to the left we get, the more extreme the method of satisfying that indulgence becomes and then we wonder why we see kids on utube exchanging fecal matter in a french kissing contest who are perfectly recognised by their parents when they get the news of it via a spiteful former friend.

Honor thy mother and father is from the Bible and that just isn't allowed in public schools anymore. So we have kids going to school to stab a student, or kill 30 or more then themselves.

Loving your neighbor as yourself, does NOT mean approving of his abberant sexual deviance. What is so ironic about Forestlady's post, is that she represents a convoluted theme for dealing with Christians I see all over this forum. Not only will Most Christians disagree with ideas like the OP brings to our attention, but you should EXPECT them to.

While people like Forestlady and many others using "Bigotry" the new word for those who disagree with us, they also express so much understanding and support for such ideas behind the guise of whats is good for the children.

It is many times these same people who have no compassion or concern for babies murdered in the womb of their mother, trading innocent life for a more independant lifestyle.

Sex is so out of control, is it any wonder why we hear woman finding out for the tenth time when Maury Povich says "John, you are NOT the father".

It is all of us then who end up having to pay for this mothers moral mistakes. It is getting to be too much to bear and I will not let anyone forget the spread of aids, the 1 in 4 females in public schools having STD's. Enough is Enough.

All acts of perversion whether we have a perversion of Science or sex, seem to have huge consequences and this new idea for same sex couples creating children may or may not, it remains to be seen. In most cases however, this kind of liberal modernism and materialism adds a burden on society as easy divorces create and gay marriages will prove once again, that any society that endorse let alone encourages such bad ideas, bring to fruition those exact consequences we see Jesus warn about.

He doesn't even dignify the acts of this kind of personal affront in the presence of his divine nature, but condemns it with rebuke calling this type of immoral negligence, an "Abomination ".

Question: What does "abomination" mean?

Answer: There are five different words translated abomination in the Bible. The predominant meaning is, "to stink, to be loathsome, uncleanness" (Old Testament Word Studies by Wilson, pg. 3). The original words are expressive of the greatest disdain on the part of God. Let us see what is an abomination to God.

Witchcraft, adultery, and homosexuality.
Divination, enchanter, or a witch, etc. are expressly called abomination (Deut. 18: 9 ff). Many of the practices of some of the Eastern Religions and of New Agers come under these headings. "Abominations" is applied to adultery in Leviticus 18: 17-27. Homosexuality is also included in the list, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination" (vs. 22).

Prayer of disobedient, dishonesty, and justifying the wicked and condemning the just

Proverbs 28: 9 states, "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination." The Book of Wisdom enunciates another general truth, "A false balance is abomination to the Lord…" (Prov. 11: 1). Those who justify the wicked and condemn the just, "…they both are abomination to the Lord" (Prov. 17: 15).

All sin is bad (I Jn. 3: 4, Isa. 59: 1, 2). Some sin, however, is suggestive of a greater degree of depravity and rebellion. We must remember God does not always see things as man does (Lk. 16: 14, 15).

The foregoing references are often not appreciated today - "You are judgmental and too intolerant," we hear. However, God's word remains true, whether we like it or not! Man may laugh at the above, but such is a repulsive odor in the nostrils of God. More and more today, the "respectable clergy" is found justifying matters such as homosexuality and dishonesty.

How sad and contrary to God's pronouncements
www.biblequestions.org...

In closing, I would like to say, that making allegations about so called hate speech, may succeed in getting those you accuse a reprisal from a Mod, but you still look like a little tattle tale who would have us slide down a slippery slope, relinquishing free speech for the protection of a censorship bordering on thought crimes.

Life isn't fair, and those who like to make disparaging remarks about a God who doesn't care, will always appear as if they have such an intimate knowledge of a God, they have little faith in or, none at all. Many deny his existence while critisizing the way he operates as if they know just how a God should act.

People have a RIGHT to say stupid things, they have a right to judge people and we should temper our justice with mercy. Whether I agree with this or that, the pursuit of happiness is not always right, not always in harmony with others and sometimes gets in the way of others right to same. It isn't nor should it ever be a Government entitlement. We should NOT expect it therefore not complain about bigotry so much so often that the word loses its meaning and calling someone on it is no differen't than having a pepsi.

Life was given to you for free,

Therefore,, it doesn't

owe you a dime

- Con[edit on 16-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

First of all, I never called anyone a bigot. Although hey, if the shoe fits. Your complaint about me calling Jack a bigot shows me that you have not read my post with anything close to objectivity. Nor did I call my opinion humble. Ya know, I went to Baptist school in grade school. NOWHERE, did I ever hear the kind of hatred and judgmentalness that I see espoused here by Jack, yourself and many others who call themselves Christian. We were taught to LOVE. Period. To have compassion and not to judge. Why is that so hard to understand?

Whenever I open a link to a far-right Christian site, why is it that I see outright lies written about gays/lesbians? It is hateful propaganda, the same kind of thing that the American Nazi party does to blacks - they publish hateful, completely wrong ideas about blacks. Please tell me how this is different from this particular brand of Christian.

I can tell the difference between propaganda and truth, and between hate and love. And the type of position you hold sure isn't about love. But your kind is so blinded by hate that you can see that you are trying to justify your hatred by saying Jesus wants us to rebuke others when they sin. My nice Christian grade school teachers would be appalled to hear any Christian say that.

Didn't Jesus say "by their works you will know them?" Wasn't discernment a divine gift? So I use my discernment and look at Mr. Chick's statements and well I already wrote what I thought. I stated my truth, people who make statements like Mr. Chick and some others on here have, are what drove me out of the Church in my adulthood. The only difference is that most Christians didn't engage in hate talk at Church in those days.

This is nothing more than using Jesus to make their bigotry, hatred and judgmentalness OK. Jesus never preached against homosexuality.

OK, so I did what according to you is what Jesus wants, I rebuked Mr. Chick because he was wrong and hate is a "sin". Isn't that what I'm supposed to do according to your beliefs? What's the problem then?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is incredibly good news! Children will have plenty of opportunities to learn about 'gender distinction' when they grow up, go to school, get a job, and live life...maybe even when they, god forbid, have sex!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
clear skies, i found another forum and have been posting there.

lotsa bigots and homophobes round here and lately they seem to really be coming out of the woodwork...oh yeah, also a lot of religious loons strolling around this place...
i don't think it is the place it used to be...

i just love seeing people judge others like this.....the religious hetero's have everyones life all figured out. what they should do. what they shouldn't do....it's pretty sickening really.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Boondock, you are the 5th person this week that I've express that very same opinion on this board. I think that the T&C needs to be re-examined regarding hatred and bigotry. It's ruining the quality of this forum.
I agree it's gotten really bad here lately.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I agree Boon, I'm going to start posting there as well. Much more accepting place if you ask me.

Jesus loves you, unless you're gay. If that's the case, stop being gay, then Jesus will love you. Oh, he knows you're a good person. He knows you'd be a great parent, and he knows that your child would grow up loving and accepting of others....

And who knows, maybe Jesus got down with his Apostles. Knowing how unacceptable homosexuality was in the ancient Middle East, there's no way that they'd talk about it.

After all, 1/10 people are gay....and there were 12 apostles.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
it's gotten very bad...
there are bigots and hate mongers and homophobes all over the place around here and they seem to get a pass but if you quote too large you get your post edited....

i don't get it. i have been lurking far more than i have been posting cause of it....i feel like they try and bait you into an argument....it is really tiring cause i want to discuss the issue but it seems these days it is next to impossible...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Well, when I got here Christian-bashing was crazy!
We stuck it out and the tide turned, somewhat!!!

That's life! The mods aren't 'in on it'.
We just make sense!

If ya'll want to go somewhere else, it's a free country. (somewhat)

Name-calling is usually a last resort towards intelligence.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

So, turnabout is fair play I guess. If someone says that Christians have a tendancy to persecute and insult those of other faiths and values, I guess it makes sense to have a bunch of Christians come by and persecute and insult those of other faiths and values.....

Payback or validation?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

We just make sense!

Oh my......you can't be serious. I am going to assume you were joking, because really that's one of the funniest things I've heard all week. lol...no offense

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
rasbosi, i wish you would post more over there.
we could use some more quality members.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join