It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Same-Sex Couples Could Create Children

www.telegraph.co.uk

Wednesday 16 April 2008

A scientific technique that could allow same-sex couples to create their own biological child in a laboratory should be allowed under law, a group of influential scientists said on Monday. The experts, all international leaders in embryology research, called on ministers not to restrict such "important" research.The laboratory creation of eggs and sperm from other cells could offer hope to thousands of people unable to have children of their own.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Clones Of Sodom & Gomorrah

These heathen scientists called on ministers not to restrict such "important" research. Children need a mother and father to develop correct gender associations. To use technology in an attempt to circumvent God Almighty's natural order is akin to child abuse.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
this is disgusting. what would a gay people do this to eachother? A child need a male and female parent. period!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
depends on the "gay" couple, and if a woman wants a child and cant have one (wich was the main point), she can get one. Its not playing God. Man has just advanced. get over it.

A woman cant just pray to God and pop outs a baby "when she can never have a baby". Then again i wont go into the religious debate, that's just not my thing. And if it does it will get as nasty as to eat a rotten apple.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think the article is just saying it's possible - not necessarily going to be the norm. I don't think any government is going to allow it.

It's odd, but I don't think it's going to happen yet. It almost seems like cloning, or at least the same techniques are involved.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Its like the woman in Oregon who is taking male hormones and calls herself a man. She got pregnant and newspaper headlines read "Man gets pregnant". Its terrible to put an innocent life at risk for their sicko lifestyles. The fetus has to be observed extra carefully because of all the male hormones she injected herself with. She wants to be a man, yet she wants to be able to have kids, why not just stay a woman.

People should not mess around with this stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If your a gay couple, and you try to bring a child into the world, or into your family, you dont deserve one.

The child is the only one who will suffer, be it through teasing at school, isolation in life, inability to understand the nuclear family concept and plain of common values and attitudes that a MALE Father, and FEMALE mother bring.

Your wants shouldnt outway the needs of a child.
And your want for a child isnt worht more, than a childs need for his mum and dad.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

If Christians were half as worried with actual child abuse as they are about imaginary child abuse, the world would be a vastly improved place.

Think of it this way, Jack. If God didn't want stuff to work the way it does - it wouldn't work that way, now would it? God could just roll his eyes and jolt down in his Big Book O' Stuff, "artificial DNA recombination no workie" and boom, experiment fails. If he can suddenly force every human being in the world to start speaking lots of funky languages in order to keep a tower from being guilt, I'm sure he can keep a single cell from dividing under these circumstances. Aren't you?

Now, leaning away from the god angle, am I the only one here who notices that the title is rather misleading? While I'm sure gay couples could use this, the article is mostly talking about infertility treatments.

Of couse, I suppose that if god had wanted these women to have kids...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh please. "The child will be teased"? I suppose that makes both my parents gay men or something, 'cause I was sure as hell teased rather relentlessly in school. I'd even put money on a bet that you got your fair share of that stuff, too.

Every kid has to deal with that crap, no matter what the circumstances at home are. Why? because kids are vicious little savages to one another, that's why.

As for the nuclear family... I have a hard time thinking of a more harmful concept in the modern world than the notion that family consists only of mom, dad, kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
But thats what a FAMILY is
MOM DAD AND KIDS.

Thats the definition of a 'nuclear family'

And yes, you were teased as a kid, like most people were.
Now imagine if you have 2x gay fathers?
Or 2x gay mothers?

Wont that just AMP Up the criticism?

I had a laugh the other day, when someone was talking about this on TV.
And this exact topic came up
the 'scientist/professional stated'

'' I dont think teasing goes on in schools like it once used too ''

Who is this guy kidding?

Look at todays youth, bloody emo's and all that crap.
Look at the drugs and bashing occuring in schools,

Anyone who thinks a child that has 2 homosexual fathers isnt going to be tormented through school is out of touch with reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Most guys think it's sexy when two females get together. I dislike it, it makes me puke. how is it ok for two woman to get together? it's not. Same way it's not acceptable for two men to get together. the point? have you seen those lesbian woman that get married? They look like beat up men coming out of a strip bar at 4 am. these woman don't deserve any respect or children. they should be send to a mental hospital and given medications. Yeah, I believe that doctors, psychologists can help gay people.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
this is disgusting. what would a gay people do this to eachother? A child need a male and female parent. period!

I sense projection. Projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. It is a common process that every person uses to some degree.

Those who project deny a part of themselves that may otherwise come to the surface. In this case, our poster cannot face his own feelings of disgust with himself (for whatever reason) and therefore is projecting them onto the hypothetical gay couple.

To simplify it - every time we insult someone or judge another person we are talking about ourselves. Not everyone will understand that - but it is true.

*yawn*

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Most guys think it's sexy when two females get together. I dislike it, it makes me puke. how is it ok for two woman to get together? it's not. Same way it's not acceptable for two men to get together. the point? have you seen those lesbian woman that get married? They look like beat up men coming out of a strip bar at 4 am. these woman don't deserve any respect or children. they should be send to a mental hospital and given medications. Yeah, I believe that doctors, psychologists can help gay people.

Funny that - i know a number of lesbian women who have many men (unaware that they are gay) lining up to ask them out.

Ahhhh generalisations.......do not paint people with the same brush my friend.

You reek of homophobia. But i have to admit, it is hilarious to know people with your views still exist. You are the human version of a BETA tape cassette.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If mankind can do it, mankind WILL do it. Nobody cares about "God's law" or what have you unless they actually believe in God, which thankfully not everyone does. Otherwise medical science would still be in the "hang garlic cloves in their doorway to keep the demons at bay" phase. Notice how well that worked during the Black Plague.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow this sounds like my Raelian Conspiracy thread. They want to achieve immortality by cloning themselves and somehow transferring their memories (still working on that one). Yet another attempt to circumvent Gods natural order by science. It has a evil way of turning on you. We eat genetically altered produce. We have steroids in our meats. Pharmaceuticals in our drinking water. The world is going to hell because we are too smart for our own good. We have made our lives easier and more convienient but we really have not "evolved" morally at all. We are using our knowledge to find the easy way.

Perhaps it seems good to the gay couples to use cloning. I know its best for children to be raised by male and female married parents. However I can not really find any good in using cloning to allow homosexuals to procreate.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Oh, and if that kid with the two gay fathers is the biggest kid in school because he was genetically modified to be 250 pounds of muscle by age 15, who's gonna pick on him then?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Thomas Chick

Children need a mother and father to develop correct gender associations.

Translation: 'to make sure they don't turn out queer as well'.

Why do you think having gay parents will make a child turn out gay? Is this statement based on any kind of statistical research, or is it just your opinion?

And what does it matter to you, anyway? Do you hate homosexuals? Are you afraid of being tempted to engage in a little gayness of your own? Do you see gay life as somehow more attractive than being straight -- so that gay people will have gay children, soon everyone will be gay, and the human race will die out? It won't happen like that, so you needn't worry.

How does this new development in genetics affect you and your loved ones? And if it does not, why are you making other people's lives your business?

To use technology in an attempt to circumvent God Almighty's natural order is akin to child abuse.

For a religious person to accuse others of child abuse is pretty rich, given the staggering achievements of the faithul in that area. But leaving that aside, who decides what 'natural order' is? Human beings are part of nature, so everything we do is equally part of nature. Part of the natural order.

Even granting for sake of argument that natural order belongs somehow to some 'God Almighty', how do you know what it is? Does this G.A. confide in you on a personal basis? Or do you derive your understanding of 'natural order' from the Bible, a document which promotes the astounding idea that God gives people sexual organs and a sex drive but punishes them for ever if they make use of these gifts in any but the most pinched and restricted fashion, and preferably -- I have the authority of St. Paul and the fathers of the early Church on this -- not at all? This is your idea of 'natural order'?

Regarding menstruating women as 'unclean' is 'natural order'?

Raping your female slaves is 'natural order'?

Letting old men mutilate little babies' genitals is 'natural order'?

If that's your 'natural order', I'll take unnatural order any day, thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience
I sense projection. Projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. It is a common process that every person uses to some degree.

You sensed wrong friend. it was more disgust than projection. I don't want to make this a Gay Vs. Straight bashing contest, So please stay in topic. Still, I'd say that you should read the bible, religious or not. And get educated somewhat on the diseases and dangers of being gay.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Before this thread descends into yet another religious dogfight, this is a good article on the technicals behind it:

sciencenow.sciencemag.org...

The Telegraph journalist has taken the scientific story and gone 'what if' with it and flipped it so 'gay couples' could feasibly have their own children.

So chill - it aint gonna happen. It's so damn hypothetical.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Enough. I would like everyone to consider the Terms & Conditions Of Use before posting in this thread...

) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Hate speech towards a group because of their sexual preference is the same as hate speech towards a group because of their skin colour. You are welcome to voice your opinion, but keep the above T&C in mind.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join