It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support HR24 for Impeachment Hearings Tomorrow. Bringing Bush and Cheney to Justice!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I believe such an impeachment would be the start of a "tit for tat" where the next democrat in the White House would be subjected to the same thing

Funny how that argument has come full circle. Years ago, when people were initially calling for impeachment, many conservatives were claiming that it was merely out of revenge for Clinton's impeachment. Now, many of those same conservatives are joining in the call for impeachment, while others are already predicting political revenge against any possible Democratic successor.

[edit on 4/16/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigma77

So, all thinking people should really ask themselves before gleefully supporting something like this - are you ready for the long term consequences?

Honestly, I don't want to consider the consequences of NOT trying to do something while we still can.... if we still can.

Any president could set themselves up for impeachment.... it's called "human nature". perhaps, if we are successful, future "leaders" will think twice about their decisions.

[edit on 16/4/08 by enigma77]

[edit on 16/4/08 by enigma77]

But my point was ...

How many years will have passed before the "tit for tat" dies down? How many important issues will not have been acted upon? How many places will the rest of the world have passed us by while we attempt to satisfy the almost maniacal "blood lust" that some people have developed for Bush?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

So what? My concerns are for what this does to the country, not what it does to Bush. HUGE difference there.

And since we have people here from both sides of the political spectrum claiming the both parties are in reality the same, I see this going on for a long, long time.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Isn't this really the predicament all of us in the U.S. find ourselves in now?

Pick a President

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does anyone know when we will find out the outcome of this vote on the 16th? It would interesting to have this pass.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by redmage

But my point was ...

How many years will have passed before the "tit for tat" dies down? How many important issues will not have been acted upon? How many places will the rest of the world have passed us by while we attempt to satisfy the almost maniacal "blood lust" that some people have developed for Bush?

So what? My concerns are for what this does to the country, not what it does to Bush. HUGE difference there.

Are you for real?
Seriously. What about the "maniacal blood lust" for justice?? For upholding our Constitution?? For saving our Country from tirants??

I could care less about Bush. I have thought he was a joke from the start. The joke just isn't funny anymore, it's down right bloody (take it both ways here) deadly (again) serious.

This is about principles.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It is high time, past the deadline of urgency and Pelosi is still playing poker games with the voters that put her into Congress, to do a Job, and that Job was to Impeach both Bush & Cheney. Why is Pelosi and others from within and without the circle of thugs, not doing what they were mandated to do, in the interest of the Country. Impeachment will only happen if there's a Mass Uprising by the People and for the People........

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Stared and flagged. There are rumors floating about Obama if president would have his A.G investigate the Bush administration for war crimes. Guess who I'm voting for. www.huffingtonpost.com...

Candidates will say anything to get into office generally. But id bet its just a ploy to get people to let go of there personal power and put it in Obama's hands hoping he will do what they feel powerless to do. Just a quick thought of mine.
Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok you want the good news or the bad news?

ok the bad news...

N.H. House Debates Resolution To Impeach President
Resolution Tabled With Little Support From Either Side

CONCORD, N.H. -- A group of local lawmakers called for the president and vice president to be impeached, but the resolution didn't get very far.

As debate began on House Resolution 24 in the New Hampshire State House on Wednesday, a group of Republicans left the chamber. The resolution urges Congress to initiate impeachment proceedings against President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney

I took an oath as an Air Force officer to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States," said Rep. Eleanor Kjellman, D-Henniker. "When I came here a year ago, I took a very similar oath, to protect and defend the Constitution. And those of us who support this believe that the United States Constitution has been violated."

Kjellman said that as a matter of principal, the government should confront the Bush administration over a number of policies. But the resolution has failed to gain traction with a majority of Democrats. It was tabled on a roll call vote of 227-95

Thats the bad news.... The good news is we made our voices heard, we will have our justice. Stay vigilent, not for the sake of Americans, but for all of humanity.

www.wmur.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_Wii

Thats disappointing. Was hoping for a better response although I have to admit that I'm not exactly surprised with the result.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So, all thinking people should really ask themselves before gleefully supporting something like this - are you ready for the long term consequences?

I don't care if this leads to the impeachment of the next 10 administrations. Perhaps we should have been doing things like this with previous administrations so that it never got as far as it has. I'm of the opinion that what happens to Bush or Chaney is irrelevant. It's what happens to the policies that they laid precedents for that matters. If we leave things the way they are now, we're merely leaving ourselves open for further abuses by future administrations. It's time we put our collective foot down and demand a return to the Constitutional Government we were promised and these tools swore to defend. Do these knuckleheads even listen to the fricken oath as they repeat it?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
For most of us, this would be a fabulous dream.

I think its too little, too late.

Nothing an "attack" wont fix. Remember that.

It's never too little, and it's never too late. To me at least, it wouldn't matter if the dastardly duo were impeached on their last day in office. What we accomplish in doing so is to send a clear message to their replacements that there is no more free passes with the American public. Bush and Cheney may have walked all over everything America is supposed to symbolize for 8 years, but their successors need to know that if they so much as sneeze in the general direction of the constitution, there will be hell to pay. It must be made clear that these two yahoos' actions didn't set precedents, that nobody is going to get away with the same crimes simply because Bush and Cheney did.

dgtempe, I fully understand where you're coming from, I'm a bit jaded too. But, we've all got to remember that reality begins with a dream.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Even though George W. Bush isn't in prison, he will be seen as a criminal for the rest of his life. He is not our chief & commander, he is a servant of false-idols & tyrants. We may see him pay for his crimes, soon enough!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Originally posted by indierockalien, This is a witchhunt. Plain and simple. Bush and Cheney just did what we allowed them to do, what we gave our UNQUESTIONED support to. They just did their jobs, to be quite frank.........I am sorry indierockalien, they did not do their jobs. You calling this a witchhunt denotes you just don't get it. Bush and his blatant disregard for the american people's will,scaremonger tactics, and overall lying have led to countless deaths in Iraq. If we vote and it's stolen have we not done everything we can. To suggest we create a revoulution is also off the mark.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Are you for real?
Seriously. What about the "maniacal blood lust" for justice?? For upholding our Constitution?? For saving our Country from tirants??

I'm for real. And for a lot longer than you, no doubt. Long enough to have learned that there are such things as long term consequences for actions taken in haste and just for the moment. I even went to all my classes, so I'd know how to spell "tyrants". To answer your other questions, I do not like Bush. But I see his term coming to an end just like all other presidents. You - or your teachers - may not like his policies, but he is no tyrant. Hopefully, you'll fully participate in electing someone more to your liking in November - if you're old enough to vote, that is.

[edit on 4/17/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm for real. And for a lot longer than you, no doubt. Long enough to have learned that there are such things as long term consequences for actions taken in haste and just for the moment. I even went to all my classes, so I'd know how to spell "tyrants". To answer your other questions, I do not like Bush. But I see his term coming to an end just like all other presidents. You - or your teachers - may not like his policies, but he is no tyrant. Hopefully, you'll fully participate in electing someone more to your liking in November - if you're old enough to vote, that is.

Well, aren't we mister Big Britches?

Congratulations, you just made fun of someone with fibromyalgia who, when the meds start wearing off before the next dose is due, starts having cognitive issues dealing with vocabulary. Sometimes it is so bad that I can neither talk nor type until the next dose is had. I hope you feel really good about yourself. But, I forgive you; your mother probably didn't teach you any better.

I went to ALL my classes and have the grades, degree, and certifications to prove it. I don't think you want to get into a debate about who is more intelligent here, you might very well lose.

It is possible that you are older than me. I expect you are thinking I am at least half my age. Of course, age does not necessarily equal wisdom.

I DO take part in the political process and am VERY aware of what long term consequences are. Part of my job involves planning. You cannot be an effective planner without having consideration of long term consequences.

I would LOVE to hear what you think the long term consequences of having BushCo impeached (when I say "tyrants", I am not speaking of Bush alone. The whole lot of them are criminals.) and/or brought up on criminal charges would be.

As far as taking my part in electing someone more to my liking in November, unless somethig radical happens, I have no such choice. I did my part in January. I suppose in Novemebr it'll be back to choosing who I think is the lesser of two or three evils.

Maybe one of these days someone from the real world will have a chance at the presidency again. The way things are going, I doubt it. Until then, choices within our current political system (as in those who typically run for and are elected to office) are often less than desireable.

I could continue on with a rant about Congress and what I think should happen there, but that is for another thread.

So, be proud of yourself. Be very proud.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I grew up in New Hampshire. I spent 27 years of my life there. I grew up in Amherst, a small Norman Rockwell type town w/ massive political agendas. The Republicans have had quite the grip of everything in New Hampshire since I can remember. The fact is we live by the motto " live free or die " . The country found it's roots in Revolution from Englamnd in the areas and states surrounding N.H.. I'm glad to see it took a lill old lady to stand up and say this is wrong. In school growing up we learned that the State constitution is acutally the premiss for the U.S. constitution. We need to have more Americans have pride in their country and be embarrassed when our "president" makes us look like asses. I'm glad that process has begun in the mountains of Vermont, and New Hampshire. Maybe this world does have a chance.

Sorry the vote got tooled around, but one thing I know is people from New Hampshire don't give up. God bless our Untied States of America and to Hell w/ Bush's NWO.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

It's never too little, and it's never too late.

You got my vote. At first it does seem like a setback. But this 'little old lady' has reminded, at least some of the PTB people, that they may be able to hide in the dark now. But it cannot remain dark forever.

It is now time for other legislators from other sates to 'butch up' and follow the lead of a patriot. None of these 'politicians' turned out to be the fearless leaders the parties marketed them to be. They were ALL followers. Sadly we have had to pick and choose from this collection of 'followers' for a long time. Maybe now one of them might develop a fever and forget to consider 'the future of the party' and just do the right thing.

This measure can be defeated in one state, but eventually similar movements must be defeated in the rest..., and by then it will be clear, the illusion of 'choice' will be broken. THEN we can start restocking the political gene pool with people who are committed to serving the public, instead of pretending to 'lead' them.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, aren't we mister Big Britches?

Quick to resort to insults aren't we? That's partly why I assumed you might be a student.

But, I forgive you; your mother probably didn't teach you any better.

And again, for one of my parents. I'm trying to assume you are an adult, but ...

I went to ALL my classes and have the grades, degree, and certifications to prove it. I don't think you want to get into a debate about who is more intelligent here, you might very well lose.

Not worried (at all) so far ...

It is possible that you are older than me. I expect you are thinking I am at least half my age. Of course, age does not necessarily equal wisdom.

But experience can ...

I would LOVE to hear what you think the long term consequences of having BushCo impeached (when I say "tyrants", I am not speaking of Bush alone. The whole lot of them are criminals.) and/or brought up on criminal charges would be.

Then read the entire thread ...

As far as taking my part in electing someone more to my liking in November, unless somethig radical happens, I have no such choice. I did my part in January. I suppose in Novemebr it'll be back to choosing who I think is the lesser of two or three evils.

Maybe one of these days someone from the real world will have a chance at the presidency again. The way things are going, I doubt it. Until then, choices within our current political system (as in those who typically run for and are elected to office) are often less than desireable.

Now perhaps something to agree upon. Did you see my post with the current 3 candidate's faces superimposed over the Three Stooges (Hillary was Larry, O(bs)ama was Moe and McCain was Curly)? My sentiments exactly.

You know, you set the critical tone. Sorry if you didn't like the response. You might think of that first next time - or is it only supposed to be you that gets to "play" that way ...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They did their jobs, I guarantee you. If they hadn't done what they've been PAID LOTS AND LOTS of money to do, they wouldn't have gotten through two terms. You assume that being elected nowadays means that you owe the people something. There's no doubt that votes were fanaggled, but without the overwhelming support of an unbelievably naive country, the second term wouldn't have happened. The thing is, they've had us in the pocket for so long, they knew it would happen. They most likely didn't have to rig the votes completely.

You wanna know why George Bush won the 2000 election? This is a very stupid reason, but there are a lot of very uninformed people out there that basically vote on which face seems more familiar to them. George Bush Jr won because his dad was president before, and everyone knew the Bush name. No matter that the first Bush almost got us into the same situation we're in now. Most people don't think like that. They don't connect dots or use logic. They just go "Well I like the way he talks" and bam, there's a vote.

Back to why I view this as a witch hunt. I view this as a witch hunt because, while I think that Bush and Cheney aren't the greatest guys in the world, I don't think THEY are the real reason things are the way they are. It seems common sense to me (and common sense takes some working at, so don't think I'm playing myself up to be some giant booming voice of reason. I had to figure this out just like anybody else) that the real criminals wouldn't be so blatantly obvious. I mean, the reason everyone thinks Bush is stupid is because he's ACTING stupid, and he's making stupid big headed moves, and same thing with Cheney. Whoever is behind the scenes WANT US TO BLAME SOMEBODY OTHER THAN THE REAL CRIMINALS, so they cornered all the important markets, put people into key positions in corporations (some key positions obviously were already long in place), got the propaganda campaign rolling in the years prior to this admin coming into office, got their CRONIES into office, and they knew that they could just sit back and watch these zealots run amok and make everyone hate them, and they would free and clear to continue their immoral deeds because nobody is blaming them for anything. Nobody knows they exist, or at least that they have such influence, so nobody will point the finger.

It's an obvious ploy, and boy did we all fall into it. Me included.

And when I said that we allow evil to happen, I mean just that. We tolerate it as a horrible part of our modern society that we just have to deal with, but we're not dealing with it at all. We're just trying to brush the dirt under the rug so we can continue to go about our pointless daily business. We fool ourselves`on purpose because its convenient, and then when the dirt builds up and its all over the place and it becomes inconvenient to our fruitless motives, we pretend like we are the purveyors of justice and we go on a witch hunt to find some person we can blame because we're still way too busy with pointless bull# to take responsibility for ourselves.

Bush and Cheney are probably "bad" people, but they are not to blame for our apathy and ignorance, which is the reason this is all happening right now. We need to work on this.... whenever it is we're done playing the blame game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join