(visit the link for the full news article)
The historic vote on New Hampshire State House Resolution HR 24, introduced by 87 year old State Representative Betty Hall, will be coming to a vote tomorrow, Wednesday, April 16th. If adopted, New Hampshire will not only be the first-in-the-nation presidential primary but the first-in-the-nation on impeachment, employing Jefferson's Manual rules, whereby a single state legislature may direct Congress to initiate hearings. This avenue has never before been employed for a president or vice president, and so legal ramifications are not clear. What is clear is that legal scholars would have to get to work to decipher the meaning.
1. Violating the United Nations Charter by launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, misusing government funds to begin bombing without Congressional authorization, and subjecting our military personnel to unnecessary harm, debilitating injuries, and deaths.
2. Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.
3. Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.
4. Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.
5. Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.
6. Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
7. Violating U.S. and state law by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.
8. Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.
9. Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.
10. Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming.
.......... this goes on and on and on. Any kid out of lawschool could get him on atleast 3 of these crimes!
STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Eight
A RESOLUTION petitioning Congress to commence impeachment procedures.
Whereas, the executive branch is responsible for enforcing and guaranteeing these rights; and
Whereas, President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney have engaged in a pattern and practice of threatening litigation against states and people who refuse to institute mechanisms of voting that require votes to be counted in trade secrecy and outside the observation and control of citizens; and
Whereas, secret vote counting shifts control of elections from citizens to the executive branch, including the Election Assistance Commission, and any person capable of altering the trade secret software
Last year, a method for impeaching the President or Vice President using a little known and rarely used part of the Rules of the House of Representatives ("Jefferson’s Manual"). This document actually empowers individual citizens to initiate the impeachment process themselves.
Jefferson's Manual is a sort of interpretive guide to parliamentary procedure, and is included (along with the Constitution) in the bound volumes of the Rules of the House of Representatives. It is ratified by each congress (including the current one), and has been updated continuously through the history of our democracy.
"In the House of Representatives there are various methods of setting an impeachment in motion: by charges made on the floor on the responsibility of a Member or Delegate (II, 1303; III, 2342, 2400, 2469; VI, 525, 526, 528, 535, 536); by charges preferred by a memorial, which is usually referred to a committee for examination (III, 2364, 2491, 2494, 2496, 2499, 2515; VI, 552); or by a resolution dropped in the hopper by a Member and referred to a committee (April 15, 1970, p. 11941-2); by a message from the President (III, 2294, 2319; VI, 498); by charges transmitted from the legislature of a State (III, 2469) or Territory (III, 2487) or from a grand jury (III, 2488); or from facts developed and reported by an investigating committee of the House (III, 2399, 2444)."
Originally posted by DaleGribble
get over it. its not gonna happen. and ill bet on that..
Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government.
The doctrine of non resistance against arbitrary power and repression, is absurd, slavish and destructive of the good of all mankind.
Art.10, Right of Resistance
New Hampshire, Bill of Rights
June 2, 1784, never modified
These are the times that try men's souls,
The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will,
in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country;
but he that stands now,
deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered;
yet we have this consolation with us,
that the harder the conflict,
the more glorious the triumph.
-Thomas Paine, The Crisis
Who's Afraid of Betty Hall?"
Concord, New Hampshire ----- We will know the outcome, soon. The People of New Hampshire have spoken, rallied and cried for Rep Hall's work to be heard in an open and honest free press. That has not happened, but today, the voice of the People of New Hampshire will be heard around the world. That shot will be carried via internet and some local stations and newspapers. The mainstream media, MSM will not cover the story. By the MSM not coving the true story of HR24, identifies themselves as "complicit" in the the crimes of the Bush administration and the stranglehold on our government, originally claimed to be by, for and of the People of the the United States.