It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support HR24 for Impeachment Hearings Tomorrow. Bringing Bush and Cheney to Justice!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If passed today, when it is scheduled for vote before the entire NH House, the bill will go under state seal, WITHOUT need of governor signature, to the US House for review, demanding in the name of New Hampshire's people that Congress begin impeachment hearings immediately for Bush-Cheney high crimes against the Constitution, the American people, and humanity.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I really rather think we aught to be blaming ourselves a bit more. I mean, evil can only be done with consent, and there have been plenty of red flags. Still, everyone just sat there and said "What am I supposed to do about it?"
The most people can seem to do is sign petitions and send letters, blaming politicians elected BY THEM for all of the problems they have ALLOWED to happen. A bunch of people, who have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes, blaming only two visible figureheads, like they are the two Evil Geniuses behind everything, and utopia will flourish, as long as they burn.... or something similar.
This is a witchhunt. Plain and simple. Bush and Cheney just did what we allowed them to do, what we gave our UNQUESTIONED support to. They just did their jobs, to be quite frank.
We pay them 500,000 dollars a year. The corporations and their own companies pay them millions, billions a year. Although, you no doubt researched thoroughly who you were voting for in 2000 and 2004, I'm sure.
Nobody should be brought to justice until we understand what is just.
People just don't get it. We can't punish others for our own neglect. We just need to wake up. Let the Bush and the Cheney go run away after they leave office. It's not like they won't have to live with the entire world dispising them wherever they go, anyways. It's also not realistic to think that two of the highest ranking politicians and rich businessmen could fairly be tried in a corrupt justice system, where money talks louder than a bloody glove. They'd just buy off or put pressure, or a hit, on whoever they needed to until everything was okay.

Besides, it's not like we CAN'T do anything ourselves. If you care so much, then go and storm the White House. Vigilante Justice, remember?
Go have a revolution and dispose of this corrupt leadership with violence, therefore ushering another corrupt violent leadership forth. Go fight battles when we should be feeding babies. Go after the politicians, while the corporations paying for those politicians to decieve us continue to make money off our ill health and misery.

Damn good idea. Burn a couple of assholes to make up for a couple hundred million asshats' stupidity.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Any word on what time/where this is going down ? Or any updates at all ? Inquiring minds NEED to know

[edit on 16-4-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just checked all the news sources and there has been nothing updated on this today. I'm guessing that the vote has not taken place yet. I would expect to hear something within the next 6 hours tho.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I really rather think we aught to be blaming ourselves a bit more. I mean, evil can only be done with consent, and there have been plenty of red flags. Still, everyone just sat there and said "What am I supposed to do about it?"
The most people can seem to do is sign petitions and send letters, blaming politicians elected BY THEM for all of the problems they have ALLOWED to happen. A bunch of people, who have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes, blaming only two visible figureheads, like they are the two Evil Geniuses behind everything, and utopia will flourish, as long as they burn.... or something similar.
This is a witchhunt. Plain and simple. Bush and Cheney just did what we allowed them to do, what we gave our UNQUESTIONED support to. They just did their jobs, to be quite frank.
We pay them 500,000 dollars a year. The corporations and their own companies pay them millions, billions a year. Although, you no doubt researched thoroughly who you were voting for in 2000 and 2004, I'm sure.
Nobody should be brought to justice until we understand what is just.
People just don't get it. We can't punish others for our own neglect. We just need to wake up. Let the Bush and the Cheney go run away after they leave office. It's not like they won't have to live with the entire world dispising them wherever they go, anyways. It's also not realistic to think that two of the highest ranking politicians and rich businessmen could fairly be tried in a corrupt justice system, where money talks louder than a bloody glove. They'd just buy off or put pressure, or a hit, on whoever they needed to until everything was okay.

Besides, it's not like we CAN'T do anything ourselves. If you care so much, then go and storm the White House. Vigilante Justice, remember?
Go have a revolution and dispose of this corrupt leadership with violence, therefore ushering another corrupt violent leadership forth. Go fight battles when we should be feeding babies. Go after the politicians, while the corporations paying for those politicians to decieve us continue to make money off our ill health and misery.

Damn good idea. Burn a couple of assholes to make up for a couple hundred million asshats' stupidity.

Wow....In one sentence you say we should blame ourselves for our complicancy, in the next you say we should just let them roll off into the sunset with thier karma thier judge.

This isn't a witch hunt take a look around ATS theres plenty of examples of Bush and Cheneys crimes.

I for one hope to see this continue, let them run off to thier respective retreats in other countries so we can hunt them down as the terroists they are.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Found this from a "House-record No. 28 Document" dated on April 11, 2008. Gives both sides of the argument, you know, unpatriotic versus accountability. Same BS arguments, different day. It appears to have a 10-5 vote, which I do not understand?? Isn't today the final vote on the matter? Does it matter anyway? Congress is not answering the will of the people (85% of them) why would they begin to listen to state legislations??

HR 24, petitioning Congress to commence impeachment procedures. MAJORITY: INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE. MINORITY: OUGHT TO PASS.
Rep. Pamela D Coughlin for the Majority of State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs: The majority of the committee believes that the world is in perilous and uncertain times and this House Resolution will encourage intolerance, violence and hatred around the world. Our President is the Commander in Chief. Our United States military has many troops along with many civilian contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan since the attacks on United States soil on September 11, 2001. This House Resolution will encourage terrorists to continue their attacks and hurt the morale of the United States’ military forces and civilian contractors throughout the world. It will also undermine our troops’ ability to pursue and accomplish their mission, which is the protection and security of the United States of America. Vote 10-5.

Rep. Eleanor Glynn Kjellman for the Minority of State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs: This bill is a petition to the US House of Representatives to commence impeachment procedures. Under Section 603 of Jefferson’s Manual of Parliamentary Practice, a state legislature may bring this action. Many citizens and several representatives of the NH House of various political persuasions and parties, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents and Democrats, appeared before the committee in favor of this resolution. It appears to be not only bi-partisan but also multi-partisan. This resolution does not impeach the president, but requests that the US House begin an investigation regarding the various grievances of the petitioners. It is not our prerogative in the NH House to argue the merits of the grievances, or to seek proof of their validity, indeed that is the purpose of the impeachment inquiry in the US House. Impeachment is a tool of accountability – part of the checks and balances process of our democracy - which is available to the citizens in our democracy. The people have a right to petition their representatives and we have a duty to respond and act – regardless of the timing, convenience, political expediency or other concerns which are secondary to the preservation of the democratic process. We believe the process of impeachment should be exercised to maintain accountability in the office of the Presidency.

We have a majority of citizens calling for this. If we had a majority of states calling for this, would Congress then listen? Peloski has taken impeachment of the table, remember? Revolution with bloodshed is probably the only thing left, when will we reach the breaking point? When the electricity and food supply have been cut off?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

The mainstream media, MSM will not cover the story. By the MSM not coving the true story of HR24, identifies themselves as "complicit" in the the crimes of the Bush administration and the stranglehold on our government, originally claimed to be by, for and of the People of the the United States

I will post any updates as soon as they are available.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
Found this from a "House-record No. 28 Document" dated on April 11, 2008. Gives both sides of the argument, you know, unpatriotic versus accountability. Same BS arguments, different day. It appears to have a 10-5 vote, which I do not understand?? Isn't today the final vote on the matter? Does it matter anyway? Congress is not answering the will of the people (85% of them) why would they begin to listen to state legislations??

I would like to thear the answers to these questions as well. I really hope that it isn't already over and I really hope that it is more than another esentially meaningless resolution.

Please, someone, elighten us.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by percievedreality

Pelosi should be FIRED AND REPLACED...She is a total COWARD...Any house leader who goes along with corruption and criminality should have their a** kicked out of office immediately, and be replaced by someone who has the spine to hold these lawbreakers accountable! This "free ride" crap these people have been taking HAS to stop...NO MORE OF THIS BS!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Totally agreed, however, I doubt it is her personal beliefs stopping her from "following the will of the people" and "going along with the corruption", it is probable that the PTB/NWO threats of retribution against her, her family, and anyone she knows as payback, have put us all in the situation we are in. Talk about thugs running the show! She is not willing to make the sacrifice, so I agree with you again wholeheartedly, find someone that is! Spineless witch........so "elite" that she is not willing to make the sacrifice for the great good of over 300 million people!

[edit on 16-4-2008 by percievedreality]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I really rather think we aught to be blaming ourselves a bit more. I mean, evil can only be done with consent,

that quote in itself should be entered within Webster's as an alternate example for ignorance.

How bout I shoot you in the toe and then you tell me I did it with your consent.

b

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As much as I would have liked to have seen this a few years ago, the crap is already out of the horse, and we're just picking it up. Even if they do impeach, what does that really mean to those people? Don't misunderstand me, I would love to see these turds put away for their shopping list of crimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnedDirtyApes
Even if they do impeach, what does that really mean to those people? Don't misunderstand me, I would love to see these turds put away for their shopping list of crimes.

This question misses the whole point - Regardless of anyone's feelings on any of the specific grievances or the specific people targeted I think passing this resolution would be a tremendous step forward for our nation. It's all about the constitutionality (or lack thereof) of actions taken by the executive branch. Accountability needs to be brought back to our political system, and something needs to happen to force the bigger issues into the public awareness. Who cares what Bush and Cheney think ? It's not about them. It's about the true meaning and responsibility of the offices they were entrusted with.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by maudeeb]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

What it means it that the American people will have spoken and placed limits on our elected officials. In fact much of the behavior and actions of the current administration can be traced to the fact that no recent high ranking politician has been penalized for breaking the law. Nixon was pardoned. Reagan was given a pass.

These people need to know that "We the people" are in charge and that this is a nation of laws not elites.

They should and must pay the price to discourage this from happening in the future. If they are not impeached they should be charged with crimes even if they are out of office! THERE SHOULD BE CONSEQUENCES FOR THEIR CRIMES!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I'm not in disagreement here, and like you have stated, there "should" be consequences for the actions of these people. The question is, who will administer these consequences? A group of their peers who are just as guilty of these crimes, people these elected officials handpicked for these positions? Look at the Clinton impeachment, what truly happened there? He was still allowed to stay in office.

I am all in favor of bringing the power back to the people. I just don't think the structures in place will allow it. If Bush Co. is impeached, great. If what they get amounts to slaps on the wrist, where does that leave us?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Regardless of the outcome this is a positive development. Even it if forces the PTB to begin gyrating to 'eliminate' yet another tool for the people's will to be heard. They will not be able to do so 'behind our backs' thus enabling even more of the population to actually witness the erosion of their rights. Something which the 'bad guys' don't like. These are the masters of the political 'sucker-punch', exposure makes them scurry under the fridge.

By the way, Pelosi clearly telegraphs that there is no difference between a CFR-Republican and a CFR-Democrat. I wonder why people have to have that pointed out to them?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
For most of us, this would be a fabulous dream.

I think its too little, too late.

Nothing an "attack" wont fix. Remember that.

Also, be very careful what you wish (dream) for. I am certain that an impeachment now would paralyze the next administration and keep them from accomplishing anything else. Plus (and this is a BIG plus), I believe such an impeachment would be the start of a "tit for tat" where the next democrat in the White House would be subjected to the same thing - and after listening to Hillary and O(bs)ama, you can't tell me they aren't capable of creating their own impeachment grounds.

So, all thinking people should really ask themselves before gleefully supporting something like this - are you ready for the long term consequences?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
So, all thinking people should really ask themselves before gleefully supporting something like this - are you ready for the long term consequences?

Honestly, I don't want to consider the consequences of NOT trying to do something while we still can.... if we still can.

Any president could set themselves up for impeachment.... it's called "human nature". perhaps, if we are successful, future "leaders" will think twice about their decisions.

[edit on 16/4/08 by enigma77]

[edit on 16/4/08 by enigma77]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Laughable.

Totally fruitless. How many of these nonsense bills have been in front of the senate & house?

Not one of them has passed.

Congress has the power to stop the funding for the war. They don't.

So, not only do you have to impeach this administration, you have to impeach every member of congress.

Never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is just an election year ruse. There is no way any proceedings could take place before Bush leaves office. My guess is it is (whatever that word means
) to divert attention away from the Obama / Clinton feud before it gets any further out of control.

All this would accomplish now is to make our image even worse. Childish to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join