It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover in Tibet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If someone determine to demonize China, they can use any despicable finesse.
but the biggest beneficiary is communist party of China, because your distortion
triggered hatred of all Chinese people, pro-communist or not, within China or
aboard, Han Chinese or minority ethnic group, all Chinese unprecedentedly unite,
nationalism? maybe, but it is you and your inferior "free media" cause it.
are you clever?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asthepalacesburn

It's Western ideas that cause the huge split between China, Tibet, and Taiwan. We would be united if it wasn't for the organizations such as the CIA.

A lot of people does not know what nationalism really mean UNLESS they stay in a foreign country. I don't think Americans really hate nor love their country, things kind of balance out the aspects nowadays. I have a reason to stay on a side in which I can rely on durings times of trouble such as wars.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Us and our "inferior, free media"? So every video that displays these human rights violations that are posted on "our free media" is crap and our media is inferior. But I bet when you see the soldiers at guantanamo bay abusing prisoners you would not say the same about the media you receive. And a flip of the coin to the remark about this sparking chinese nationalism and us blindly hating all chinese. When china goes about making deals with our out of control corporations and causes countless US workers to lose their jobs, And on top of that selling us tainted goods with all those recalls that happened last year. You don't think that does not have anything to do with US citizens going in the same direction of nationalism and turning on china. Tibet is just a whole other issue in itself just as Iraq is for us. Both things are wrong and should be changed. Thing is the people of America know Iraq is wrong and our adminstration is guilty of war crimes. A lot of us are actually trying to do something about this because we do not believe in fascism. But from what I see most chinese believe tibet is in great shape with china at the helm. And I don't see china owning up to it's crimes there in any way. Everything is just peachey isnt it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

man, you really have it out for us westerners.
did you watch all the videos?
I mean, thats what the thread is about...
If you have, then what do you say to all the personal interviews with the Tibetans?
and video footage for that matter.
Personally, I think the Chinese have been led to believe that the west is distorting the facts, but I think the west might have it right for once and its the Chinese govt. that is distorting the facts to us and their own people.
I mean come on, Tibetan monks arent even allowed to study the words of the Dalai Lama... however right or wrong he might be, do you call that religious freedom?
We arent always wrong you know.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Glad our free media can bring your country together. Too bad though, that hatred is the only thing that unites the Chinese. Too bad they aren't able to protest anything but what the PRC tells them they can.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yes ,I have seen the videos, but that is mean nothing.
China's central television has done hundreds of personal interviews with
the Tibetans these days, pro-China of course, both are propaganda.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Be notice, the picture was taken in Australia.
Melbourne
Ottawa
Ireland
needs more?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
reply to post by 27jd

Be notice, the picture was taken in Australia.
Melbourne
Ottawa
Ireland
needs more?

Yeah, I needs more. What does that have to do with the topic? What's with the propaganda machine man. Do you guys work shift work?

PLEASE!!! Stick to the topic.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Oh, okay. Those demonstrations weren't organized by the PRC, I'm sure.

Wonder why Americans don't get out and wave flags when the media of other countries portray our government in a bad light. Or just about any other western country for that matter. You guys are just super patriotic I guess. Carry on. Que sera, sera.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Yes, getting shot at, watching children die, being sentenced to 15 years for protesting, tanks in the streets.

Can you even recognize the hypocrisy in your comments? You do remember that your military is currently occupying two countries. You do remember history right?

This, as always, is about politics and of course 'the people' must sacrifice. International pressure is being put on China to stop using their veto against international sanctions on Iran. American media is heavily sanitized and censored. It really is hard these days to see who the 'bad guys' really are!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Do you guys work shift work?

That's what I've been saying on several Tibet threads for a while now, lol. The wiki link to internet brigades should be posted at the top of every one, so that people know what they're seeing, kinda like at a zoo.

Anyway, that's how they operate it seems. Just as the link states, they make an effort to divert topics, and continuously state that the videos and first hand accounts of what is happening in Tibet is a lie. Then keep threatening that the Chinese people are angry and our media is NOTHING but lies. It's mind numbing.

On topic, it seems more and more people are awakening to the brutality of the PRC.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I think the difference between our govt occupying 2 countries and the Chinese govt occupying Tibet is that while the civilians are the ones that ultimately suffer, we arent intentionally hunting them down. It seems, from these videos, that the Chinese govt is intentionally placing their military in Tibet to suppress the civilians.
They are both wrong, imo, but the intent is very different.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
why do you delete my post,
I'm just showing the consequence if you and your inferior "free media"
continue to distort the fact.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by gs001]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asthepalacesburn

First of all, China is not Fascist, and I don't think that it'll ever be Fascist.
For Fascism to occur Democracy must happen first, I hope you've learned that in history. If you're saying that China is turning Fascist then you're implying that China was a democracy which Americans will never accept as a possibility.

Why does the Europe and the U.S. care so much about Tibet? They don't, they just want China to be stressed out as much as possible in a time of fast progression.

Oh yeh, the jobs thing. The reason why unemployment here is increasing isn't solely because of cheap labor in China, it's also because of the illegal immigrants here working for 5 bucks a day. To tell you the truth, the deflating dollar is slowing the Chinese economy, so I think the government would most likely prolong this "depression" at the expense of civilians.

To tell you the truth, those videos cannot be denied, there have been atrocities done by the PRC Army. China has been trying to put down the current revolt as gently as possible. Sooner or later, this will end.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
happy to see some rational comments here in this thread.china is not demon,china is a peace loving country,look at chinese history you may find that ,the essence of chinese philosophy is not to be aggressive,that character can be seen in almost every chinese.someone here accused me being brainwashed,i dont know how?since i spend a lot of time outside china,i know western media,i watch tv too when i m not in china.those report about china are so biased.here i gauranttee although a lot of them talk about china,tibet ,chinese people,they probablly have never been to china.they just talk about things their media want them to know and see.anybody ever been to china in recent years will never say things like that.i spent many years in states you dont have to tell me your media or anything ,when i comment i do the comparsion,the culture,the history...,and you?i really doubt you know anything about china,the people ,histroy and culture ,nor is for tibet where i personally been there before have tibetan friends there.so speaking of being brainwashed,i really dont know who deserved that crown.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by beijinghaidian]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
from www.tibet.com...

The population of Tibet at the time of the Chinese invasion was approximately six million.

And please get your numbers right.

Please get YOUR numbers right

The 1952 census done by BOTH the Tibetans and Chinese showed a little over 1.2million people.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
tibetan population tripled in 50 years.how can a country genocide a nation can achieve that accomplishmentl.and per capita gdp in tibet increased 50 times in 40 years.tibet now is a whole more developd place than it was 50 years ago,even dalai lama has to admit it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
China is no more corrupt then any one else. They murder there unwanted female babies just like other countries, notably the Mideast. They pretend they own countries that aren't theres, who's own people say, we aren't a part of china, and make there citizens flee to other parts of the world so they won't be killed just like other countries. They kill protesters and undesirables just like other countries. The problem is that because someone else does it, doesn't make it right. I could kill 3 children, does that mean you can kill and rape 100 because i killed 3? That logic doesn't make sense, and neither does the America or insert country here does this and so we can do whatever we want. To say that China, who has recently killed what, 30-40 million people for no reason, can't really whine about others rights, which is irrelevent to there actions anyway. When you have a billion maybe thats a drop in the bucket, but it's still a lot of murdering. The Chinese nationalists didn't deserve to die for opposing communists, not to mention the fact that fascism can exist without democracy, that's absolutely ridiculous. Tibet and Taiwan aren't like a district of Beijing, what a ridiculous and pointless argument. Oh and yes autonomous places should be free, that means Taiwan, Tibet, Basque in Spain, Quebec in Canada, Kosovo and any other completely different cultural place that wants autonomy, it's called FREEDOM OF OPPRESSION.
All the people from China, Tibet, and Taiwan all have completely different opinions then these, and they have first hand experiance.

[edit on 4-14-2008 by Ruggeder]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Biased much?. I know you acknowledged that it was filmed by a Tibetan and has some bias to it but the document does not even attempt to cover the Chinese position on the issue. Doesn't address the violent protest when talking about the heavy police presence.

Now tell me what is wrong with the Chinese border police doing their job?

Here is the scenario

A group of unidentified people trying to cross the border after purposely avoiding a customs checkpoint. What do you think ANY border police will do in that situation. They could be carrying drugs, people smugglers or even CIA operatives, the border guards did not know and the group was obvious up to something fishy. There was actually warning shots fired BEFORE someone was hit. Its the groups fault for not stopping

They couldn't tell if they were trying to smuggle things or carrying weapons and its their job to stop them from moving out

What happened in the Video was border guards firing single rounds into a unidentified group of people who purposely avoided a customs checkpoint

If these weren't Tibetans and were Mexicans we wouldn't have this moral stand point because Tibetans are good and Mexicans are bad. Here is another example of US police protecting the border. Australia routinely fires on Indonesian fishing boats which cross the EEZ and there is a level of threat assement to be done, once you cross that point than force can be used

California Border Crossing Closed for 9 Hours After Fatal Shooting

SAN DIEGO — The nation's busiest border crossing reopened early Friday after being shut down for nine hours when federal authorities shot and killed the driver of a vehicle headed for Mexico, officials said.

www.foxnews.com...

From Video number 3.

They claim that torture included
"Beating with sticks, electric batons and sleep depredations"

Nows lets compared it to the boys in navy blue. Oh lookee here, STANDARD police procedures for uncooperative people

Beating with sticks

Electric baton/taser

And we know what goes on in Camp X-ray. Not very unusual

Filmed by a exiled Tibetans was constant references to "Chinese police" being everywhere, what would you expect after the riots of March 14th. More like a James Bond movie than a documentary. His close shaves with "death" weren't real, what did he think Chinese police were going to supposedly do to a foreigner? The risks as he put it makes it feel as if he was under watch by the police or something like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Saying that your occupying there country and they don't want it so we killed them because they don't respect the rules of there occupiers is ludicrous. That's like me going into someones house, them being mad, me killing them, then saying they deserved it because it's my house now, it's just as stupid as what you've said. Please think about what your typing before posting. Since I'm sure an american refrence will pop up, it would be like us arresting or killing women for wearing burkas (I spelled this wrong, the beekeeper suit, we are all familiar with it) because we think it's oppressive, chauvinistic and stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join