It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

The civilians need those jobs.

The troops need to be back here protecting the borders.
Their not doing anything productive in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephine
The civilians need those jobs.

The troops need to be back here protecting the borders.
Their not doing anything productive in Iraq.

Yeah, but the civilians arent doing those jobs. it's all illegal aliens doing it. have the military do those jobs and it would create a government job and then people would actually join the military to do good. the border protecting..well save it for the border patrol and chuck norris. but we can put some soldiers on the border..also on the streets working with police.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

This kid should not get special treatment..military soldiers are already treated like gods. they are given special treatments everywhere they go. They are given homes, cars, money, discounts.

What the heck are you talking about? You are completely just making things up now. How are they treated like Gods? And they are giving homes, cars and money? LMAO

I suppose you are jealous and bitter of all the other every day citizens who get free things, huh?

Oh, and guess what. Kids and senior citizens get discounts too. That must really grind your shots, huh.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Oh please that old excuse about freedom. America has been free since 1776. Read the declaration of independance. We are not fighting this war for any type of freedom. We have been free from the British, their taxations and laws. Iraq has not done anything to take our freedoms away. So please stop with nonsense please.

Ok...think about it..take your 35 year old brain and think. It was WAR that got us this land. It was WAR that protected this land, it was WAR that has solidified this land.....guess who fights WAR...SOLDIERS...the very same you say we don't need and want to bash. Not you, you havent dont ANYTHING to earn any of the rights you got. MILLIONS before you have...and yet you want to bash them, tell them they can't call their kids even if it means they may never see/hear their voice again??? Are you serious?

WAR has been the ONLY thing that has remained a constant in this world since its creation. It IS a part of life...sure it would be great to live in peace and harmony...but its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! There is ALWAYS a bully on the playground..and THANK GOD there is always someone willing to go toe to toe with him, because if there wasn't...then what...live life in fear...NO THANKS!

it's funny, you guys will make up any excuse to go to war. So I suppose any war that the US fights is for freedom right?

I didn't say anything about going to war or that its justified...my gripe is you bashing those who do go. Your hate for our government (who decides all this) has overshadowed your logic...you can hate on the suits in DC all you want...but hating on a soldier is hating on the wrong target!

[edit on 4/13/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
but of course you have no idea living in your perfect AMERICAN FREE get what you want when you want it world...oh and guess who you have to thank for that??????????? yeah..you know!

Oh please that old excuse about freedom. America has been free since 1776. Read the declaration of independance. We are not fighting this war for any type of freedom. We have been free from the British, their taxations and laws. Iraq has not done anything to take our freedoms away. So please stop with nonsense please.

it's funny, you guys will make up any excuse to go to war. So I suppose any war that the US fights is for freedom right?

This kid should not get special treatment..military soldiers are already treated like gods. they are given special treatments everywhere they go. They are given homes, cars, money, discounts. We should give them a throne room too. Yes, maybe i'll make some foes here and there. but guess what? I don't support the war, so I wont support the soldier, his kids or his wife..

your right about Iraq, but still without soldiers we would not have freedom. Anywhere. Sure your sitting down now, but what if in 10 secounds you had no choice but to fight from an invading country [maybe they feel like shooting you or other people to declare "their" freedom]? I guess your pretty much screwed without soldiers to fight the war from attack to save your sorry butt. Keep on running, piglet.

BTW - your dead beat dad had nothing to do with that soldier or his son.

The school should have had respect for this country and the soldiers. No matter what kind of war. George Busch is the worst president. We know. Dont have to remind us.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
here come the foes! I think I already got 3 up here in U2U. here's an idea. how about we don't pay the soldiers to do their duty? how about they do it because they are patriotic and actually saving someone? they should be soldiers..we shouldn't be buying soldiers. Nowadays, marines, Army whatever branch just do it for the benefits. the pay.

if they want to help the country so much, why is it that on TV I always see them crying and complaining about being at war? they joined because they wanted easy money and got put to work. That's bush for you, he builds up the military, pays these kids to shoot innocent iraqis and that's where the money is a waste.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

here come the foes! I think I already got 3 up here in U2U. here's an idea. how about we don't pay the soldiers to do their duty? how about they do it because they are patriotic and actually saving someone? they should be soldiers..we shouldn't be buying soldiers. Nowadays, marines, Army whatever branch just do it for the benefits. the pay.

if they want to help the country so much, why is it that on TV I always see them crying and complaining about being at war? they joined because they wanted easy money and got put to work. That's bush for you, he builds up the military, pays these kids to shoot innocent iraqis and that's where the money is a waste.

So, now you think the military should do their job for free? LMAO

This site is about denying ignorance. I am denying your exterme ignorance.

If you think people join for the benefits and pay, you are ignorant. The pay is so flippn low, that many have to get 2nd jobs to support their families. And easy money? Again, you are ignorant. Being in the military is NOT easy.

And you have not seen military members on TV crying about being in the war. And if they are crying because they miss their family, its because they are HUMAN.

Bush didn't build up the military. He has never forced anyone to join. Most military members I know have been in waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Bush was in office.

Seriously, you should just bow out of this. You are making ridiculous statements.

And I know, I should bow out to. This is pointless

[edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
If you think people join for the benefits and pay, you are ignorant. The pay is so flippn low, that many have to get 2nd jobs to support their families. And easy money? Again, you are ignorant. Being in the military is NOT easy.

Sure, real soldiers fight for freedom. do you think soldiers went to WWII because of the benefits? because they got 100K a year a car and a house? No. they went there for a real cause, to fight a real threat.

Do you think the civil war paid for their soldiers? no. soldiers that actually fought for this country did it for peace, freedom and true patriotism. Those soldiers I have admiration for. not today's type soldiers. They don't even know what they are fighting for, they are just there because they had nothing to do after high school and the money and benefits sounded real good. I met this marine who told me in Texas he would be given a parade for his work. but he forgot he was living in california.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

This kids father could be killed at any minute, if he wants to take a minute he has free and call his child he can, and the school, the rule, and anyone else's dumb--- can sit there like the good little idiots they are and let a FATHER talk to his SON when it could be their last time speaking. Oh thats right, we live in America..family don't mean anything anymore...rules and someone elses way of thinking should overide FAMILY!!!! Give me a break...this is why the morals of this country are gone. It's pathetic.

Oh and lastly...how long do you think the US or WORLD would last without our military? I am REAL curious about this....

[edit on 4/13/2008 by rcwj75]

I absolutely agree. This is not an argument about politics or school rules or anything other than common decency and basic compassion for a situation that ain't so hard to understand.

I also agree that it is time to stop fantasizing about some utopia that doesnt exist. Military is essential now. We must us politics to try and make a world that, perhaps, one day wont need it...

But until then we cant be naive!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Double post somehow???

[edit on 4/13/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Sure, real soldiers fight for freedom.

Now I will agree MANY kids/people these days sign up for the college tuition they get out of serving a tour...but to insinuate they are not "real" soldiers is not smart...ESPECIALLY if YOU have never served to make that kind of a statement!

do you think soldiers went to WWII because of the benefits? because they got 100K a year a car and a house? No. they went there for a real cause, to fight a real threat.

ummmmm wow...just wow....they did it for the same reason many still do. And 100k a year...haha...the starting pay for an E1 in any branch is $1200 a month. A car...again stupid....and a house..haha...well if you never have been on a military base...you wouldn't understand...so i'll let that one go!

Do you think the civil war paid for their soldiers? no. soldiers that actually fought for this country did it for peace, freedom and true patriotism. Those soldiers I have admiration for.

Study your history...they were paid...and some made more fighting then farming/working...soooo please research!

not today's type soldiers. They don't even know what they are fighting for, they are just there because they had nothing to do after high school and the money and benefits sounded real good. I met this marine who told me in Texas he would be given a parade for his work. but he forgot he was living in california.

Nothing to do after HS huh...well lets see..I attended college, got my degree, then attended the Police Academy...oh and then decided to SERVE THE COUNTRY THAT GAVE ME THOSE OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!

Again, some guy you are attacking soldiers, their families and innocent kids...yet report to the mods a post you don't like because your feelings are hurt...some MAN you are!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

thanks...and I see you have tupac there...I hate rap (sorry..lol) but atleast even he knew a FATHER and his CHILD should NEVER be kept apart or from one another no matter the communication because of some dumb rule...especially if that father could die at ANY moment and that kid has to live with that...

Just imagine...kid doesnt answer...dad leaves voicemail...10 minutes later get killed by an IED or bullet....comes home, gets buried and the son NEVER gets to talk to HIS FATHER again...why..because of a school rule!!! Again its not like his dad was was working at the office and was going to be late to dinner or to see his son play a game...keep that in mind!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My last post for the night. Soldiers are not supposed to be making phone calls, surfing the internet and playing video games. I've heard from many friends talk about what they did in the military. Usually, they waste time sitting around playing poker and drinking. Soldiers at war don't have time to call their kids and make calls like these..and they shouldn't because it makes them weak.

Soldiers who served in WWII didn't talk to their families for months. they sent letters. they were fighting a war. the Iraq war is a mickey mouse war, and that's why they have the time to make phone calls.

Conclusion: They are there to fight a war. Not to be on the phone talking to their families. Sorry, but soldiers who worry more about their family than they job at war are weak and probably don't belong there.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

My last post for the night. Soldiers are not supposed to be making phone calls, surfing the internet and playing video games. I've heard from many friends talk about what they did in the military. Usually, they waste time sitting around playing poker and drinking. Soldiers at war don't have time to call their kids and make calls like these..and they shouldn't because it makes them weak.

Ummm...even a soldier needs a break dude! You get some hours off/down time! Are you for real or just trying to be an antagonizer? And makes them weak..hahaha..this coming from you is like a ...nevermind..don't want your tough manly side to come through and report me again....

Soldiers who served in WWII didn't talk to their families for months. they sent letters. they were fighting a war. the Iraq was is a mickey mouse war and that's why they have the time to make phone calls.

wow...hello dude! anyone home? So you want to punish the soldiers of today for the technology we have to make it easier to stay in touch???? And why not tell the families of the over 4000 dead soldiers its a mickey mouse war there tough guy? I lost friends in Iraq.....and that comment is taking everything I have to follow the "rules" of this website.....you sir just proved your worthless and we now all see it! Basically your opinion no longer matters, atleast in my eyes.

Conclusion: They are there to fight a war. Not to be on the phone talking to their families. Sorry, but soldiers who worry more about their family than they job at war are weak and probably don't belong there.

haha...again this coming from you....I have more respect for a pile of dog

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

thanks...and I see you have tupac there...I hate rap (sorry..lol) but atleast even he knew a FATHER and his CHILD should NEVER be kept apart or from one another no matter the communication because of some dumb rule...especially if that father could die at ANY moment and that kid has to live with that...

Just imagine...kid doesnt answer...dad leaves voicemail...10 minutes later get killed by an IED or bullet....comes home, gets buried and the son NEVER gets to talk to HIS FATHER again...why..because of a school rule!!! Again its not like his dad was was working at the office and was going to be late to dinner or to see his son play a game...keep that in mind!

I dont look at 2PAC as some rapper...
But...
Dont misunderstand me, nowadays i HATE rap too...
Dont get me wrong, it is 90% what i listen to, its just 99.99999% garbage - keeping people down on multiple levels...
I listen to the .000000001%!
but...

Anyway...
I hate the powers that be like the rest but I understand the necessity of military as I am able to see REALITY!
I hate guns, but you better believe I'm at the shooting range, reading military manuals for proper firearm techniques, assembling / disassembling it, etc. (as a civilian), because the reality is that if i do not, I can guarantee that at some point (sooner or later), i wont be able to protect me / family!
I refuse to be the classic sniveling fool on his knees, crying please don't kill me!
People wake up!

BACK TO THE TOPIC...
Anyone and well...
Everyone who cant see the B.$. in stopping a kid from talking to their dad who is active duty in IRAQ, seriously needs to have a long look in the mirror.
Do you see the fool who wont stop staring at you?
It is you!
I went away for a while...
When I got back i had no more grandmother...
Life is not some hypothetical discussion, ITS REAL!

The fact this conversation is becoming so drawn out is absurd and is another example of the forced dumbing down of the people.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This happened in Texas?!?

Why do I have the feeling that some school administrators are going to be looking for work very soon

The poor kid, this is really pathetic & inhumane treatment

Regardless of my feelings about the Iraq War (it's a sick joke), the troops there and their families deserve to be given a little extra consideration, in light of the very real sacrifices they are making.

jedimiller, whatever your feelings about the war, soldiers didn't start the damned thing, that was a bunch of rich chickenhawks in DC. They're just the poor bastards who go do their sworn duty and get shot at and blown up etc... I don't support the war at all, but taking your anger at the war out on the poor SOB's that have to go fight & die in it, instead of the fools that started it, is utterly repugnant. IMHO they are merely victims of this folly, just like the Iraqis.

This is just more demented "zero tolerance" BS as far as I am concerned...

[edit on 4/13/08 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Soldiers who served in WWII didn't talk to their families for months. they sent letters. they were fighting a war. the Iraq war is a mickey mouse war, and that's why they have the time to make phone calls.

Truly a different topic altogether, right Jedimiller??
No arguing that, correct?
So your points, regardless, are directly irrelevant to this discussion, wouldnt you say?

You are beginning to embarass yourself, so snap out of it...

BTW, I cant say i disagree with that point (the quoted one - no others!), however, as a civilian how can i begin to think that i know anything about what soldiers should or shouldn't do in combat.
I can have my opinions...
Just not any right to assume they are right on any level as i am unqualified and ignorant to combat / military life in general...

All I am saying is that it is easy to succumb to uncontrolled emotions about topics so important that they begin to bleed out into things totally unrelated...
But it is wrong to do so.
(believe me i dont judge - i do it all the time - i'm an expert - just look at my previous threads / posts!)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
School is not taken seriously enough these days, children are in school to learn.

What if every father or mother decided to call their child in school each day? It would create an environment that would not be condusive to learning. I'm sure even this one call wasted and disrupted learning time for all the members of this childs classroom.

The phone rings, little johnny goes out into the hall to talk to his dad, then he re enters the room and every other kid wants to know what they talked about, and if little johnnys dad said anything about the other childs dad.

At least 15 minutes before the teacher could get the childrens collective brains back on task. Now, what if this situation occurred DAILY? With only one child each day? What if it happened with 5 children a day 10 20? Heck what if each father called each child each day while in school?

Little Johnny was in school, he's there to do a job. LEARN.

I see this father as inconsiderate and selfish.

Fathers and mothers have deployed for military duty for all of our nations history. In the last decade the separation of family members has been ameliorated to some extent by satellite communications. When I was in the military, during the cold war, I frequently went for two months at a time with no ability to communicate with my family. Now soldiers have the ability to be forward deployed and enjoy modern amenities like phone centers, the internet, email, and blogging.

Thanks to modern technology, todays soldier has the ability to stay in touch with his family like never before. Choosing to call a child during the school day was a bad decision by this father.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
School is not taken seriously enough these days, children are in school to learn.

Little Johnny was in school, he's there to do a job. LEARN.

I see this father as inconsiderate and selfish.

So well SAID!

If I could I would give you an applause, I would. But I'm going to give you a star for seeing what other's aren't. You are a real trooper.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

If I may, have you ever taken a phone call at work from a family or friend?

reply to post by pavlovsdog

This isn't little Timmy whose father thought he'd call him for a chit chat from his office job, this is little Timmy whose father is out in a warzone who Timmy might never get to see again should the worst happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join