It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's key?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

I can see where it looked that way, with the legal mumbo-jumbo. You are correct that all the legal concerns were not in place at the time, but the circumstances indicated that the problem with unauthorized use of power was his primary concern... at least in the books I have read on the subject,

While there was obviously no satellite cable TV back then (no satellites at all, actually), the legal precedents of having rights to anything that came across one's property (as in wildlife) was firmly established, and Westinghouse (or his lawyers) saw that as a problem. I'm sorry if my original post made it seem otherwise.

In any case, it was a sad example of how money can corrupt even a brilliant scientist's work. Tesla was a genius, not in the sense of Einstein as a thinker, but as an engineer and experimenter.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I would have to tend to agree to your assesment of corruption of brillaint minds and thanks for the input on the thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johndoeknows

Ahh, I just read your reply please provide a link to this application of String Theory in the medical world. This is also something I am interrested in and my wife is an expert, though I haven't heard of this application of freqs in medicine (but you've peaked my interrest). Though it is a funny you mention it, because we were discussing the applications of eachothers interrest into Super String Theory particularly in applications in the medical field.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by N_15L_S01]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'll do some searching on this but from what I had read previously of Tesla and his experiments with "wireless electricity" I thought he was reversing the method of deploying the energy. With current AC power distribution the load is carried by the large cables suspended above ground while the neutral or ground is captured from the earth itself.

From that and the incident that occurred in Colorado Springs in the late 1890s, I think he was "flipping" how it was distributed, ie. the earth carries the load while the neutral or ground is pulled from the air. I could be wrong on this and have misunderstood the information I read. But if you think about it, it would make sense that when he tested this by running a board with light bulbs and an electric motor quite a distance from his lab, that he blew out the local power grid.

The residents weren't too happy and he had to tread lightly after that, he was a bit reckless with his experiments but I bet he made alot more progress because of that approach.

I have a huge personal respect for the man, also I can see alot of parallels to how he approached problems and how I approach problems.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as it might help you with finding out how exactly he was pulling that off.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Unless I'm missing the point of the thread, aren't they making this stuff now? Companies are working on materials which you would put inside a table, or your walls and instead of plugging your laptop into the wall, you would just place it close to the table for power. Or place your lamps near the wall.

Or are we talking long distance transfer of power?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, i do know that MIT has upgraded a wireless power system. it has a distance of 7 ft., their studys suggest that this device has no effect on any living thing. I read this in a science magazine. I think scientific american. if not then science news, or popular science, popular mechanics. i have really bad memory right now.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tesla, in a letter to the editor of the New York Times, April 21, 1908:

"When I spoke of future warfare I meant that it should be conducted by direct application of electrical waves without the use of aerial engines or other implements of destruction... This is not a dream. Even now wireless powerplants could be constructed by which any region on the globe might be rendered uninhabitable without subjecting other parts to serious danger or inconvenience."

...and nine days later ... The Tunguska Event!

Who Knows?...

I think Tesla was a true genius whos' work carries on today, though hidden in the world of the Military and Intelligence. I'm somewhat concerned by what Black Budget Weapons Systems utilizing Tesla's discoveries are currently, or soon to be brought, "On Line".

A book by Jerry E. Smith actually about, and titled "HAARP", has some interesting info on Tesla also.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i believe your thread has gone a little off course from where you meant it to go. everyone seams to be responding to your first paragraph or to those responding to it. what you were interested in i believe was
1. a clean power source
2. personal re genitive abilty
3. warp space time "worm hole" aka time travle
4. advanced SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY.
read the book The Field , by Lynne McTaggart it will explain it all right there. She is a journalist and author of many books. She was researching info for a new book and many scientist she interviewed were studying different areas of science but coming up to unusual dead ends. like Einstein and his difficulty explaining and solving gravity. Same as the physicists studying quantum theory simply except the math "that doesnt quite add up right" because of one missing equation. zero point energy. She joined these scientist in this book for they all discovered the force all around us.
1. quantum theorist / physicist explore the atom so far down that it becomes nothing but a vibrating frequency of energy.
2. other scientist discover molecules hold a frequency dependent on their chemical make up. and accidentally discover water can hold those frequencies and remember them. they were scoffed at for years until others proved it to be true.
3. neurologist witness impossible results from experiments on animal brains.accessing memories completing mazes with different parts of the brain missing. " more indepth in the book" and realizing memory/ and consciousness must exist somewhere else then the brain. ''like in the field''
4. recently these scientist and more met together in one place to discuss using the field to travel threw space.
5. some neurologist believe this field is what psychics like Ingo Swann tap into to see the future, past, and have telepathic abilities.
6. some scientists also discovered proof of the minds ability to send intentions to manipulate things faster then the speed of light and even heal plants and sick people.
many of these scientists run universities or highly regarded as the top of their field of study. its amazing because these scientist were in no way looking for involvement into the so called super natural mystical world. they only stumbled upon it looking for the missing equations to the math or evidence led them there.
they even believe the zero point energy field is the missing equation to gravity that could never be solved.
not all scientist want to believe these discoveries as our ancestors didn't want to believe the earth is round,or that the sun doesnt revolve around us, and they didnt believe in meteorites because there are no rocks in the sky.
i believe studying the zero point field will lead us to the discovery of clean energy, intentional healing, interstellar space travel, and many other wonders yet to be discovered.
oh and tesla was way ahead of his time and greedy rich men with power over the people stood in his way as they stand in our way today.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And from the HAARP section of "the book of tesla" leads into scalar energy and weapons. From there you get into Thomas Beardon and things start to get fuzzy from that point on... Heh

Here's a page that describes the critical component to his wireless transmission method:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is funny how some of the conclusions that he came to, the earth's resonant frequency for example, were proved scientifically in later years even though we don't have the records of how he came to those conclusions. You can thank the FBI for cleaning out his hotel room shortly after death in NY.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zykloner personally think Tesla is a qwasi scientist with no real good theories.

Well then remove the Tesla coil from your automobile and turn off your AC power... because without this "qwasi scientist with no real good theories" you would have neither

And turn off your radio as well... as Marconi stole this from Tesla, a fact that has now been corrected (google it)

Oh and while your at it please change the "Deny Ignorance" part of your posts... as you are working hard to "promote ignorance"

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by N_15L_S01

Tesla made one energy device that I am aware of.

Thats all we have left, FBI took everything else.
Actual plans and engineering data certainly not available.

It is still available to read about in collections of his works.
It was perhaps discovered by the US Navy in the 70s in
German U boats. They may say its a small nuclear reactor,
but it is actually an atomic reactor made by Tesla.

Use of high static coils apparently affect the electrical composition
of the atmosphere. This leads to the only device I have read into,
the UFO propulsion.

ED: Yes most of the copy on Tesla is ignorant. All there is is his
published writings and that can disappear at the whim of the FBI.

[edit on 4/11/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by N_15L_S01 What particularly interests me is though is rumors of Telsa creating a way to transfer energy without wires.

Well the story goes that Tesla creates a car that used a radio like device in the car and a transmitter on the power plant... to run an electric motor by converting the radio waves...

Westinghouse came and looked at it and asked "Where can I put the meter on that?" and that was the end of that...

Now think about it... ever tried climbing a radio tower? Don't you will get fried... Microwave ovens... no doubt the energy is there...

But lets look at the common radio... we send out a radio signal through the air... and a receiver converts the en

ergy back to a form we can make audible.. The principle is easy to understand...

Charging Batteries without Wires

New MIT research reveals a way to send wireless energy to mobile phones and laptops.

Small, battery-powered gadgets make powerful computing portable. Unfortunately, there's still a continual need to recharge the batteries of phones, laptops, cameras, and MP3 players by hooking them up to a tangle of wires. Now researchers at MIT have proposed a way to cut the cords by wirelessly supplying power to devices.

"We are very good at transmitting information wirelessly," says Marin Soljačić, professor of physics at MIT. But, he says, historically, it's been much more difficult to transmit energy to power devices in the same way. Soljačić, who was a 2006 TR35 winner (see "2006 Young Innovator"), and MIT colleagues Aristeidis Karalis and John Joannopoulos have worked out a theoretical scheme for a wireless-energy transfer that could charge or power devices within a couple of meters of a small power "base station" plugged into an electrical outlet. They presented the approach on Tuesday at the American Institute of Physics's Industrial Physics Forum, in San Francisco.

The idea of beaming power through the air has been around for nearly two centuries, and it is used to some extent today to power some types of radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags. The phenomenon behind this sort of wireless-energy transfer is called inductive coupling, and it occurs when an electric current passes through wires in, for instance, an RFID reader. When the current flows, it produces a magnetic field around the wires; the magnetic field in turn induces a current in a nearby wire in, for example, an RFID tag. This technique has limited range, however, and because of this, it wouldn't be well suited for powering a roomful of gadgets.

To create a mid-range wireless-energy solution, the researchers propose an entirely new scheme. In it, a power base station would be plugged into an electrical outlet and emit low-frequency electromagnetic radiation in the range of 4 to 10 megahertz, explains Soljačić. A receiver within a gadget--such as a power-harvesting circuit--can be designed to resonate at the same frequency emitted by the power station. When it comes within a couple of meters of the station, it absorbs the energy. But to a nonresonant device, the radiation is undetectable.

Its all a matter of resonance

www.technologyreview.com...

Wireless Power Transmission

Nineteenth-century physicist and engineer Nikola Tesla experimented with long-range wireless energy transfer, but his most ambitious attempt - the 29m high aerial known as Wardenclyffe Tower, in New York - failed when he ran out of money.

Others have worked on highly directional mechanisms of energy transfer such as lasers. But these required an uninterrupted line of sight, and therefore not good for powering objects around the home.

A UK company called Splashpower has designed wireless recharging pads onto which gadget lovers can directly place their phones and MP3 players to recharge them. But the pad is in direct contact with the device.

Now MIT researchers have outlined a relatively simple system that could deliver power to devices such as laptop computers or MP3 players without wires, reports the BBC.

www.dailywireless.org...

As to the healing thing...

Tibetan Buddhists have long talked about the human aura and the ability to heal by adjusting the field surrounding the body... to bad Western medicine is to stupid to listen... but I suppose their is little money in it hmmm? better to sell you some pills... or cut out something...

It is my belief that EVERYTHING in the universe is connected to an 'energy', electric in nature and that 'things happen' based on 'resonance'

LOL the hippies had it right all along It all in the VIBES

Quantum Teleportation and Resonance Information Transfer from One Atom to Another at Arbitrary Interatomic Distances

Source

Nikola Tesla understood that the cosmos is in resonance...

Look up Quantum entanglement... two particles 'resonating' at opposite ends of the universe...

Albert Einstein never liked entanglement. It seemed to run counter to a central tenet of his theory of relativity: nothing, not even information, can travel faster than the speed of light.

In quantum mechanics, all the forces of nature are mediated by the exchange of particles such as photons, and these particles must obey this cosmic speed limit. So an action "here" can cause no effect "over there" any sooner than it would take light to travel there in a vacuum.

But two entangled particles can appear to influence one another instantaneously, whether they're in the same room or at opposite ends of the Universe.

Einstein called this ‘spooky action at a distance’ - spooky because there is no known mechanism for such an interaction, and because it would entail that things can be affected by events which, in some frame of reference, haven't happened yet.

www.colossalstorage.net...

There is a lot more on resonance, but I am not ready to share that just yet...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zykloner

Well, without that quack you wouldn't be enjoying AC power in your house today. You only feel this way because of the professional smear job done on him by the 'powers that be'. It's amazing how easily people can be brainwashed into believing anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What's funny about this thread is that the current technology is overlooked. We have this technology now, and have had it since long before I was born. If any of you have ever tinkered with electronics, you should know that one of the first electronic kits was an AM radio. It takes power to listen to the station through an earphone, but the radio kit uses no batteries. So how does it work? It gets the electricity through the air!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by N_15L_S01 What particularly interests me is though is rumors of Telsa creating a way to transfer energy without wires.

Well the story goes that Tesla creates a car that used a radio like device in the car and a transmitter on the power plant... to run an electric motor by converting the radio waves...

Westinghouse came and looked at it and asked "Where can I put the meter on that?" and that was the end of that...

Now think about it... ever tried climbing a radio tower? Don't you will get fried... Microwave ovens... no doubt the energy is there...

But lets look at the common radio... we send out a radio signal through the air... and a receiver converts the en

that kind of reminded me of what i had seen two days ago. a man trying to create a new cancer treatment with radio waves discovers a way to use salt water as fuel, light up a florescent bulb exposed to the transmission, and puts his hand in without a single reaction. engineers are amazed and investigating it to discover the possibilities for future use.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-4-2008 by mrRviewer]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrRviewer
light up a florescent bulb exposed to the transmission,

That just reminded me of the good ole days of CB radio... I used to run a 1000 watt linear amplifier... In my trunk I used to carry a two foot long fluorescent bulb...

When I wanted to see around the camp site I would pin down my mike key and pick up the bulb... it was good for several feet from the car

Another trick we did was strap a motor cycle battery onto a portable with an amp, tape down the mike and walk into a lighting store with the set in a back pack..

It was a real hoot watching peoples reaction when you picked up fluorescent tubes and they lit up... you could do fun things like hold the tube at one end with one hand and run your other hand up the length... and watch people gawk as it lit up between your hands... or pick it up in the middles and say "This one is no good ...only half lights up...

All those radio waves probably were not healthy, but who cared back then...

Point is the effect is real... and it shows a direct correlation between radio emissions and power transmission...

Now surely someone else out there has done this?

[edit on 12-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've done the trick of taking a fluorescent bulb and going under some high tension power lines on a semi-damp or at least decent humidity day. They glow under there pretty easily! Makes you think twice about living near or under the darn things....

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ouch!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There was a 'free energy' device marketed some time ago... I cannot find the link...

It turned out that it 'stole' energy from the power lines by using the field generated around the lines much like a transformer does... Apparently the power company sued... I would like to find that article again...

One would think that a byproduct of the transmission lines 'beaming' into your yard would be 'yours' I wonder if we can then sue then for health issues cause by their 'leaks'

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Umm illegally but still fun,, high powered HAM radio sets... a friend of mine built his own antennea in a tree,, hehe he could zap birds out of the air when he "keyed" his rigg. His communications wold come through local radio's and mess up TV broadcasts and my Road Runner connection,,dont know how that happened,,,,RF energy suppressed bone marrow activity ,,so large doese like a parabolic dish at close range,,, immediate baldness ,,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join