It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert: "We're brainwashing our children" about global warming

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hope this hasn't beenposted before.
Has anyone brought up the FACT that Al Gore started a hedge fund for selling carbon credits and is CEO, and as of March has made almost 70 million dollars in the scam personaly??? Does anyone see impropriety here?? Whole sale rip off??
Man made carbon based GW is a hoax. We, as humans exhale carbon. Evil Humans that we are, always the virus thats destroying everything we touch. Damn I hate when that happens. What a load of unadulterated Bat Guano!!!
Zindo

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

It wasn't directed toward me, so I won't answer directly, but what you just presented was a false dilemma.

You see, the problem isn't whether or not we should take care of the environment in the interest of public health, that's a no-brainer. The question is, how? What should be done? Will whatever we accomplish in doing so outweigh the costs? It's a cost-benefit analysis.

The problem with global warming is that it is, very possibly, an imaginary problem. And the means that have been conjured to combat it are generally very focused. That is, they are usually thought to do very little but maybe fight global warming if it is, in fact, anthropogenic. Harmless, right? Wrong. We're talking about economically destructive taxation, needless standards, things like that. Economic harm, while sounding benign, actually causes a great deal of damage. You increase poverty, eliminate jobs, and so on. Additionally, you're taking attention (and very possibly funding) away from problems that are known to be real.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Personally i do not believe in the whole Global Warming theory. It is a bogis hoax to slow consumption rate of petrolium so gas prices will go down.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join