It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert: "We're brainwashing our children" about global warming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Expert: "We're brainwashing our children" about global warming

blogs.usatoday.com

William Gray, the well-known Colorado State University hurricane forecaster, routinely uses the annual National Hurricane Conference as a platform to bash global warming. In a statement to Florida Today, Gray argued that the scientific consensus on global warming is bogus — and "a mild form of McCarthyism has developed toward those scientists who do not agree" that mankind is in danger.

"We are also brainwashing our children on the warming topic. We have no better example than Al Gore's alarmists and inaccurate movie which is being shown in our schools and being hawked by warming activists with little or no meteorological-climate background," Gray wrote
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I completely agree - kids are having this forced upon them with no concensus and no real determination as to the truth of GW.

Luckily, in the UK a judge upheld objections about teaching AIT to kids in schools.

These are the same trendy liberals who complain about military interference in schools, yet want to allow their own propaganda.

Well,
you can't have it both ways

blogs.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
... isnt it a good thing?

'' now jimmy, turn off the lights, global warming ''

'' now jimmy, close the fridge door, global warming ''

'' Dont get a V6-8 Car jimmy, get a 4 cylnder, ride your bike ''

Arent these good things to be brain washing
?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

?

Why would it be a good thing? If we accept for a moment that global warming does not exist (or at the very least, is unproven) and that such acts are not affecting our environment, then what makes these acts 'good' or 'bad'? It would seem to me to be an attempt to impose one's own views of morality onto someone else with no factual basis.

That said (and before the GW zealots descend upon me), I'm playing devil's advocate here. In reality, I do believe that something is causing climate change on our planet and I've long since accepted that we have a role in it. How much? I do not know, but at the very least, its not completely insignificant.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
as a kid myself (17) i do not belive global warming is compleatly factual. i belive it is one of the many cycles the earth goes through, and the media just wants controversy to report. i quote a james bond movie where a charachter says "there is no news like bad news." and, if global warming is real, then darwind theorys would point out that we would probably adapt, as we are the "fittest."

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
sorry about the spelling, i didn't check before i posted

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My question is this:

Is any propaganda good?

Were the McCarthy witch hunts good?

Is the exploitation of children for political purposes good?

we need to conserve and perhaps embrace sustainability - we don't need propaganda in any form, especially when it's directed at those who don't know any better.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I completely agree with you. They are brainwashing our kids, and I believe it is because any reasonable person will look at the real facts and discover this is a hoax so they need someone to buy into it, so kids with impressionable minds will have to do.

A politician turned scientist to warn the world about man made global warming? WTF?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
as for brainwashing children for a political stance, i believe that it is wrong, and children should be exposed to equal amounts of both sides of the story. where i live, kids at school stand firmly behind the fact that global warming is real. but they cannot give any reason why they think that.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The report that much of this propaganda is based on is called The Intergovernmental panel on climate change, and now the same governments are "brainwashing" kids by putting forth that there is nothing but truth, that everyone agree's and that there is nothing more to discuss and that this is all PROVEN!

Does that fact alone not ring any alarm bells?!?

I'm not going to get into the Al Bore thing - but he's just as culpable and probably has the ear of governments around the world:
"Hey guys, I thought of a great new way to make money and control the populace - we'll scare them to death!

And then there's this

Are people really so short sighted that they cannot see that this is merely one more control mechanism?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweasle7
as for brainwashing children for a political stance, i believe that it is wrong, and children should be exposed to equal amounts of both sides of the story. where i live, kids at school stand firmly behind the fact that global warming is real. but they cannot give any reason why they think that.

That is some very advanced thinking for a 17 year old

Lying always leads to negative consequences. When people in authority over children, like parents and teachers lie, it only teaches them to distrust the people they should trust the most.

I think where this should head is to forget the Global Warming debate and instead teach good stewardship of the environment. On that issue we can all agree. Politics should be left entirely out of school along with religion. Children should be taught facts, how to do research and critical thinking. Everything else is potential propaganda.

I think the larger issue of teachers taking over the parental role is the real issue. I was lucky with my child, but if I had it to do over again; I'd home school as long as possible to avoid the public school Far Left indoctrination.

I interact on occasion with customers who are in education and the things they say would make your hair stand up. I recently had the misfortune of meeting with a Board made up of Teachers and the level of brainwashing and incompetence was astounding. They literally started to say the same words at the same time so often it was hard to decide who to respond too. It was as if they were all connected to a single thought process. They were incapable of answering simple questions without scheduling meetings and having a vote to get me an answer so I begged off by never calling them again. They had complete details including a copy of the contract for over a month and still could not answer simple questions. It scared me that people so locked into this group mentality are actually allowed to teach children

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Could you please share your credentials, and an explanation of how your opinion manages to trump thirty years of research from thousands of other accredited scientists in the fields of climatology and meteorology?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Tell this to any person pushing global warming, pushed by the ipcc and al gore.

Algore and ipcc, both say that global warming is not caused by the sun, and the sun has no effect on climate change. Well climate change happens everyday, its called night and day. The sun shows us that its the most powerful influenece on our climate, by giving us our daily ritual of night and day.

End of global warming by ipcc and al gore, who say that climate change is not made by the sun.

hahahaha

[edit on 4/8/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't need to, I'm offering opinion.

Do you have proof to refute that opinion, other than your own opinion?

Or are you going to trot out the same tired old graphs and CO2 lectures.

When are you going to question this in the same way you'd question other evidence?

There are 2 sides to every argument and "theory" * and I'm fed up of only hearing about one side, with the other side which is just as valid being quashed or mis-represented.

If only one side of the information pertaining to a subject is broadcast/implanted/manipulated then that information has no value.

*Except Al Gores - his side is just plain wrong.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

?

It looks kind of like brainwashing to not think for yourself, and just listen to things without questioning it.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

And feel free to offer your opinion. I have an opinion that the sky is orange and that clouds are actually the noxious methane emissions of invisible space cows.

Neither of our opinions are fact, and should not be presented as such.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If one takes 10 minutes out of their day, they too can make a half-baked power-point presentation and call it fact.

~~

I remember when my girlfriends daughter came home from school one day and talked about how they watched Mr. Gores movie (for lack of a better word) in class. Lo and behold, her teachers were passing it off as the 100% truth!

We as society are brain-washed every single day. Learning through repetition. Turn on the radio; the same garbage played over and over again until, wait for it, I LOVE THIS SONG!!! How many times does that happen?

I know it is not a good analogy but it was all I could come up with on such short notice.

~~

Al Gore is a charlatan; a snake oil saleman. Yes, this is my opinion but it is not far off. Why people are/have bought into this crock, I haven't a clue. Did he buy his parents those windmills yet or are they still on back-order?

Have we damaged the planet? Sure. Are we the cause of it all? I doubt it. If we just kill off all of the damn cows, everything should revert back to normal, whatever that is.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Alas, the left are a very patient bunch. Proving themselves willing to wait a generation to win through brainwashing children (and judicial appointments) what they cannot currently win at the ballot box.

And it's not just about so-called global warming. Think about all the other "norms" that are being eroded into nothingness through "education" and "media". Ever read Brave New World?

[edit on 4/8/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

And I have a theory about the easter bunny and father christmas, complete with graphs and charts that says: "Kids cheeks heat up at easter and christmas"

But that isn't a sign of globalwarming...
that's a sign of too much consumption.

One other slight point,
I haven't expressed my opinion as fact IMO - if it appears that way to others, then I apologise and suggest we try and understand each other in order to negate any mis-understandings regarding language.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

?

You forgot:

"Now Jimmy, pay the elite world bankers bunches of money because you exhale CO2. Don't forget what you owe them for burning fuel in the car. Don't forget what you owe them for the fuel burned in power plants. Don't forget what you owe them if you have children. Don't forget what you owe them if you have pets. Don't forget what you owe them if you purchase products made from ditry energy. Don't forget what you owe them for being a member of an industrialized nation...."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join