It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yes but are we starving when we put all those chickens and cows and pigs etc to death?

You can't criticize other countries for animals dying needlessly, we can afford to not eat animals at all, we eat meat because we choose to.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Yeah...Totally american americans,those evil starving people should not dare eat an endangered animal,even to save themselves from starving to death.
If you spineless american sheep were to get the least bit hungry,you would slit your next door neighbors throat and steal his food for yourselves.
And probably eat him too.
You are among the worst scum there is.

So that's your impression of Americans, eh?

I am ashamed to be one of you.

Then leave. I doubt you'll be missed.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wonder what other parts of animals people around the world eat to boost their sex drive. And I think I just do not want to know. In any case, people who live in Palestine are definetly not any more terrible then the other nations, who hunt, kill and eat all sorts of animals. Go to China and check out what they do to little puppies. Or cats. Or pandas. Or let us go to Africa, where hunters still kill certain protected wild animals - sometimes just for fun or to have their trophy or for some other pleasure. That is what we are. Human race. The only animal species on this planet, that does not only kill probably all of the other animal species, but also likes to kill himself too. And makes up certain new phrases, like genocide. Or torture. Or necrophilia. Or canibalism. Yeah, we are definetly the higher and smarter animal species on this planet. Sure. Check out the list of endangered animal species and watch them dissapear in few years time. So if you guys really care for these species, you should probably check out some other news, not just these Palestinians, killing a turtle. I wonder how many turtles die, when they get caught in fishnets of the big fishing boats, which catch those fish that we then eat. I remember certain Japanese fishermen hunting rare whales. But who cares anyway, right? Those savage Palestinian terrorists slaughtered a turtle! Better call the airstrike.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm predicting more ray attacks in the near future and other animals as well, attacking us. Earth's denizens are going to declare war on people pretty soon. I read somthing about japanese neuroscientists being able to remotely control birds in flight now. Mabye "something" is controling other animals as well?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsEsterhouse
I'm predicting more ray attacks in the near future and other animals as well, attacking us. Earth's denizens are going to declare war on people pretty soon. I read somthing about japanese neuroscientists being able to remotely control birds in flight now. Mabye "something" is controling other animals as well?

I find it hard to believe that animals can declare war on us lol.

I think that's what seperates us from animals. Most animals are pure and innocent. They have no need for war.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I think that's what seperates us from animals. Most animals are pure and innocent. They have no need for war.

Hey my veggie-eating hippie self loves me some cute furries, but uh...they can be war-like too!
Trust me, I watch Animal Planet.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Solid post Souljah

Originally posted by Souljah
I wonder how many turtles die, when they get caught in fishnets of the big fishing boats

That's a really important point. I am willing to bet the fishing industry has killed their fair share. Methinks finishing boats/ships in the Hawaiian waters especially?.. *within American context, of course there is fishing industries and sea turtles elsewhere*

[edit on 033030p://6u38 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If you spineless american sheep were to get the least bit hungry,you would slit your next door neighbors throat and steal his food for yourselves.
And probably eat him too.

That's probably my favorite past time, yeah. Does that make me spineless scum? Maybe. But it pays well. And more then eating my neighbors, I like money

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
After reading every page of this thread...It seems the bulk of this thread is comprised of people seeking moral high ground when they have little to stand on.

Ethnic prejudice, personal attacks, generally uncivilized behavior...Could we get a MOD to KILL this endangered thread? Please? I can only see this causing more problems in the community. No one has had anything intelligent to say(barring maybe one). The thread started out in the OP as an excuse to spew ethnic hatred. Anything based on that can only grow into something worse. And it has. Far be it for me to tell the mods how to do their jobs...But this thread is a problem waiting to happen.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
No one has had anything intelligent to say(barring maybe one).

Dang you read the entire thread and didn't read anything intelligent from any of us posters, save for one?

*lays down in shame*

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh come on, you know what I mean. You're actually one of the few. But you're arguing ridiculous points in a ridiculous argument started by someone as ridiculous as west coast. You took the bait. And the real problem with this thread has nothing to do with animals, more to do with racist, and ethnocentric prejudice.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lot's of interesting opinions on here.

If directed at me or not, I don't care. Never saw myself as a very moralistic person as I have already made it clear that I don't mind animals being slaughtered. Do enjoy meat products. Just had baby back ribs and did they come out good!

The problem I have are humans. I see it in here and this is just my opinion: Some do not care about animals being driven to extinction.

Do not tell me about whaling or hunters and the like. None of you know anything about me and what I have funded to or have done to help. Drop it!

This is about some guys who killed a rare species of turtle, did not share the food with their families, then amongst other things, talked about its so called aphrodisiac values.

If the species were abundant, I wouldn't care. In this case, it was not needed and a shame it was killed.

This is going to be one of those cases where people will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I do not think it is fair to target ALL posters in this thread due to the racist attitudes of some.

The posters that were blatantly racist deserve to be made an example of. This can be done tactfully.

take care all (even you racists)
res

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
I do not think it is fair to target ALL posters in this thread due to the racist attitudes of some.

The posters that were blatantly racist deserve to be made an example of. This can be done tactfully.

take care all (even you racists)
res

My problem with threads like these is that ATS gets a million hits a month. Alot of people out there would label us "Tin foil hatters" and I'm ok with that. But I don't want ATS to be known as a tin foil hatter/Anti-(insert ethnic group here) kind of site.

If there nothing in the T&C that prohibits blatantly racist threads? I believe there is.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

It isn't the posters entirely...But the premise of the thread. The OP has a history of racist remarks as demonstrated by another user in this thread. This isn't just inflammatory, it's racist, and it's against the T&C.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
These persons, I would hope, do not represent the people on the whole. If so they should be walled in from the sea as well. I would like to believe the Palestinians would find this behavior as distasteful as the rest of the normal civilized world and reject, prosecute, and shun those involved. They will never gain respect as a people or a nation, long as they condone Neanderthal behaviors.

Its not culture thats the issue, its intelligence. These creatures have been protected for many years, its not an "oops I didn't know".

-------------------------------------------------------

It's a pity for this to happen, but lets look at the bigger picture for a moment with a bit of reality, A Big Hallabaloo about a Rare Species Turtle, so what exactly we talking about here and what message are we really trying to portray, A Rare Species suddenly takes precedent over Human Life, did anyone shake a limb when human life was being eliminated by way of wholesale genocide, is the Rare Species,now suddenly more important than Human Life. Lets face reality, before reality mocks at us.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Very well stated. I don't think this has anything to do with the damned turtle. The overall premise of this thread is either politically charged or ethnocentric.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't say this is vile. And I wouldn't blame it on religion! Of course it is just a case of ignorance and I'm surprised its gotten as much attention as it has here.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I hear you....thanks

take care
res

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by West Coast

You really are not interested in discussion with me eh? That's fine. You know you can just say that.

Actually the point I was building up to was that:

killing cows and killing turtles really is the same, because your position is the same dependent on wether they are endangered or not. And them being endangered is directly related to whether they are killed for food or not.

Anyways. One word replies don't interest me. So 'over and out'.

I'm not sure exactly what more it is I'm supposed to say? Your point is moot, and plays to absolute terms, in order to better fit your argument.

If it can be farmed, I see no reason why there should be a problem. However, even then, to some people, that will still feel morally and socially unacceptable.

As the saying goes, "people love to eat the cheeseburger, but they don't care to meet the butcher."

[edit on 6-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wow ! this thread has grown!! You all know my take on these "ass-clowns" , but what I really want to know now..

is........... I need A really good "back -up" Guitar player . That ain't working ....that’s 50 or older, that knows woodstock
type music. i NEED A jAMMER!! plus a melow yellwoo..kinda dude..

I need to get a "jam" going" ...here in central Florida at a "wet bar" ..you game???? u-2 me...Peace !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join