It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Wouldn't that make a life of a cow more precious, because it doesn't get to live as long.

Is a cow an endangered species?

What I ment was, the individual cow itself. The cow doesn't know he is endagered or not.

Anyway, it's a complicated subject when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
These persons, I would hope, do not represent the people on the whole. If so they should be walled in from the sea as well. I would like to believe the Palestinians would find this behavior as distasteful as the rest of the normal civilized world and reject, prosecute, and shun those involved. They will never gain respect as a people or a nation, long as they condone Neanderthal behaviors.

I take it you then have no respect for the Israelis who have walled in the people of the Gaza Strip with a thirty foot high concrete, steel and barbed wire wall and are, effectively treating them like cattle?

Where is you indignation about that?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

So then based on what you said and how you replied I can infer as such:

Killing cows is okay because they are not endangered.

Killing sea turtles is not okay because they are endangered.

Killing sea turtles would be okay if they were not endangered.

So then would killing cows not be okay if they were endangered?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

So then based on what you said and how you replied I can infer as such:

Killing cows is okay because they are not endangered.

Killing sea turtles is not okay because they are endangered.

Killing sea turtles would be okay if they were not endangered.

So then would killing cows not be okay if they were endangered?

The point is moot..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

well japan hunt whales who`s meat ends up being eaten (and costs a small fortune) - in canada its diffeent - the seals don`t die straight away , some take hours in extreme pain to die - and they do it for fun (and fur - not even meat)

so i ask - why is the people of palastine )who the zionists in israel are trying to kill all of them , the buzzword for that is `ethnic cleansing`- used to be called genocide) so different that they kill a creature for survival.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
How is it these "people" can murder anything and anyone at will and they are "golden" no matter what. If this was america everyone in the picture would be arested and put in prison. This is vile.

It is so easy and equally sad to make such judgmental statements like this from a vacuum.

They ate the turtle because they need food. They use the blood because they don't have sufficient medical aid and rely on home remedies and superstition instead.

In some places now and in the past people didn't find the turtle so they turned to the next source of meat.

Human.

My friends father talked about eating a "finger" sandwich in China during WWII when he was a child and starving. No one questioned where the meat came from but they all knew and were happy to have it.

I hope you never end up in a situation of extreme poverty and desperation, buddy. If you ever do, I promise that you will find out many dark things regarding human nature and yourself than you would care to know.

Meanwhile enjoy the ability to type and post this display of self-righteous indignation with your computer and realize that you are blessed to be able to do so.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by edsinger

and when will you take off those blinkers? or are the japanese uneducated for eating whales? or canadians uneducated for clubbing and eating seals?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

You really are not interested in discussion with me eh? That's fine. You know you can just say that.

Actually the point I was building up to was that:

killing cows and killing turtles really is the same, because your position is the same dependent on wether they are endangered or not. And them being endangered is directly related to whether they are killed for food or not.

Anyways. One word replies don't interest me. So 'over and out'.

[edit on 053030p://6u50 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Cmon now. They are people just like the Israelis who bomb them and steal their land. I don't see anyone referring to Israelis as 'people' as if they are somehow less than human - despite the fact that Israelis have done inhuman things to Palestinians.

This isn't an important story at all - it was just an attempt by the OP to paint Palestinians in a bad light...

The purpose of this 'story" was to show all the special treatment the "People" in gaza get worldwide. They can send rockets at will into Israel to terrorize and murder. They can elect a terrorist government to show they hate for the world They can even kill and eat endangered species and the world says nothing.

These people dance in the streets when animals attack a church school and murder future rabbi's................

These "people" are walled off from the civilized world for a good reason. They are a 'cancer" on the body of humanity.

Look at history, these "people" were kicked out of every surrounding arab country because they are nothing but terrorist.

All the previous appologist posters have proven my point..........these people can do no wrong as long as they hate Israel.................

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

They can even kill and eat endangered species and the world says nothing.

The World says nothing? What about this article? It's doing just that. And it's putting them in bad light.. just like you are.

And just like a few other members here are doing..

These "people" are walled off from the civilized world for a good reason. They are a 'cancer" on the body of humanity.

Remember that 'hitler' talk we had in another thread?

Look at history, these "people" were kicked out of every surrounding arab country because they are nothing but terrorist.

I'm looking at the history and I am seeing...

a pattern in your posts!..

All the previous appologist posters have proven my point

Quote it. Be specific. Elaborate. Don't be vague. Man up and address it. ATS members can take it

..........these people can do no wrong as long as they hate Israel.................

What?

[edit on 063030p://6u53 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

They are a 'cancer" on the body of humanity.

Do not ever, not even for an instant, believe that you and your words represent those of 'humanity'..

It is 'people' like you and the hateful words that you speak that are the true cancer of the human race.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Those Palestinians sure looked like they were starving, especially the big bellied guy with the knife.

If there was starvation, the fishermen would probably have shared the meat with their families instead of eating it themselves. Besides, if someone is starving, they're not going to worry about blood being an aphrodisiac (which i doubt) amongst other things anyway. That is MY honest belief why they did this.

I personally have no problem with people slaughtering animals. I enjoy eating a schnitzel, steak or whatnot. Just dislike it when humanity is responsible for the extinction of animal types.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
These guys are the same as those japanese people eating whales.
I don't see why people are complaining more about eating turtles than eating those whales.

The Indians probably hate the rest of the world for eating beef.
There isn't anything that we can do about this, those fishermen are people and they have different beliefs. I don't think that you have any right to say that they deviate from us in morals and intelligence in anyway.

They're probably smarter than the fishermen in America who knows how to throw grenades and shoot at the fish.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Hey, you're absolutely right! Let's all start killing and eating any and all species, regardless if endangered or not.

If anyone questions us, hey, what right do they have to question any values and intelligence?

You, sir, do make a fine point. You're getting a star!

However, you did contradict yourself: What right do you have to question the values and intelligence of grenade throwing, M-16 totting 'Merican fishermen? Jeez

Now, back to topic.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah...Totally american americans,those evil starving people should not dare eat an endangered animal,even to save themselves from starving to death.
If you spineless american sheep were to get the least bit hungry,you would slit your next door neighbors throat and steal his food for yourselves.
And probably eat him too.
You are among the worst scum there is.
I am ashamed to be one of you.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

That is generalizing at it's best! WOW.

How long have you been living in palastine now? you seem to know sooo much.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Haven't used my ignore button in a while.

You're welcome

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The thing that's upsetting to me is watching the turtle get killed and knowing it suffered.

And I'm sure when cows are farmed for food they don't spend hours struggling for their life before they finally cannot resist anymore so they suffer less but in the end they still die and herein lies the point:

We only care when it's shoved in our face and we are all guilty of this, we mostly don't have to deal with seeing cows die like that, it all goes on behind the scenes and we can deal with it but when there's a video of poor Timmy the turtle everyone gets a self righteous opinion because they see it and experience it and it tugs on the heart strings because it's just natural.

But people should think before they raise such opinions because I'm sure if we all had to watch cows being slaughtered we would have an opinion about that too.

It's simply a case of out of sight, out of mind and there are far worse things going on in the world.

At least this was all done for a purpose, so much suffering happens to animals for no reason at all and doesn't make the news.

I know it's a rare species and all but this isn't really the same circumstances as the Japanese whalers, from what I can tell they don't NEED to do that at all, along with the seal clubbers.

At least these Palestine poeple were desperate.

If you have a strong opinion about this I hope you have NEVER eaten meat or sat on a leather seat or in anyway been facilitated by the death of an animal.

Because unless all that is true the only opinion you have a right to is "I find this disturbing because it isn't happening behind closed doors"

We all find it upsetting to watch but we are all responsible for it happening in many shapes and forms all the time.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Chiponbothshoulders probably meant that people living in affluence shouldn't be quite so judgmental when it comes to criticising others.

And we could give that argument some credence were it not for this. Palestine might not be Beverley Hills but neither are they starving to death, are they ? Palestinian women aren't seen too often on the catwalks of Paris or Milan, are they ? Those black burkhas hide much. And quite right too - cos svelte they ain't. If only fat western women were as thoughtful.

Shouldn't have eaten that creature, na. No need for it. Plenty other things about to munch on, even over there.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

I agree 100%!!

Especially the guy holding the knife. Didn't really give me the impression he was suffering much.

As said, if there were starving people, the meat would have been shared.

If there are, those fishermen are some greedy people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join