It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a Palestinian i'd like to say that i was very pleased when i saw the general attitude towards this kind of threads.
I really feel sad when the actions of individuals are generalized to include the entire population.
As for the turtle, it's funny that some people call us monsters for killing one animal while america and the industrialized nations arekilling the the entire planet

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"Look at the posts above for that answer. " -Lucid Lunacy

Oh right because your answers are the be all, end all of answers, your absolutely infallible. How dare I question something LucidLunacy has answered allready. Riiiiight.....but anyway, they are clearly not impoverished because yes you would look impoverished. And you act as if all this trouble their in just happened 2 weeks ago. They've been dealing with this problem for years and there is still fatties walkin around. You don't know what I meen by pride? What are you kidding or something. You know what I meant. Kinda like the palastinian poster above that blaims the problems of the world on Americans. I meen who wants personal accoutability when you can so easily pick on the big guy. And yes it is childish to say "he did it too" for an excuse. That turtle did not save their lives, they were just selfish. Maybe you should watch the video.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Actually if you had bothered ud see I was pointing that another member answered it

Apparently you have some vendetta against me. Not sure why, but whateva.

but anyway, they are clearly not impoverished because yes you would look impoverished.

You can be starving, in dire need of food, and not look impoverished.

And you act as if all this trouble their in just happened 2 weeks ago.

What? Elaboate what you mean, cuz I don't see how I said that.

They've been dealing with this problem for years and there is still fatties walkin around.

Not sure what your point is. Because there are people there that are overwheight that means there can't be people there that are starving?

\

You don't know what I meen by pride? What are you kidding or something. You know what I meant.

I'm usually very honest. And I was honest about that. I don't know what you mean.

Are you refering to my mentioning of America's factory farming?

I have been clear that I don't think anyone should kill animals, endagered or not. But if it means they have to in order to live, then anyone should, Americans and Arabs alike...

[edit on 053030p://8u49 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Ever since Israel recently blockaded Gaza from food, the Palestinians are starving. It makes sense that they would eat whatever they could find. It's sad, but people will eat whatever they can find when they're starving.

If the above is true, I wonder if the movie Soylent Green has ever been translated into arabic? Just some food for thought.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_cool1990
As a Palestinian i'd like to say that i was very pleased when i saw the general attitude towards this kind of threads.
I really feel sad when the actions of individuals are generalized to include the entire population.
As for the turtle, it's funny that some people call us monsters for killing one animal while america and the industrialized nations arekilling the the entire planet

Good post, so true. Generalizing is never good. Especially if they have never been to the country they generalize, or even met them etc.
They are just begging to look stupid. haha.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Interesting... On similar subject: When I lived in Germany, I used to eat Blutwurst (blood sausage). It actually is quite tasty.

Supposedly it is the oldest type of sausage in existence.... could be an urban legend, though

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Lucid Lunacy,

I think a lot of us who have posted in this thread understand what you are saying. Some of us agree with you.

People get fixated with others at ATS and like to rev 'em up. It used to happen to me a lot (now most people just ignore me all together
).

take care
res

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

And did you miss this part from your post?

According to the Islamic religion, drinking animal's blood is forbidden

So apparently they share your view that blood-drinking is weird.

Anyways, it's clear you just want to hate. No? Show us.

[edit on 063030p://8u17 by Lucid Lunacy]

Actually "sissy" Islam makes an exception for "sea turtles" in that they are sea creatures not land animals. An I submit it is you that points fingers and screams "hater" to make yourself fell better. The entire pont to the thread was to show how the world gives the palestinians a break on anything they do, no matter how vile in the view of those who would typically condem anyone else for doing the same act.

You say you are against killng animals for food unless one needs to in order to survive.............what kind of logic is that? The only reason to kill animals is for food..............errr..........to survive...............

Gaza is a self made pit of hell......and well deserved for those there.........Until they purge the terrorist within, they are all terrorist and Israeli tanks need to ............(wait for it)......

SAVE the TURTLES first........................

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"The rare giant sea turtle caught on a beach near Gaza City was slaughtered and eaten by Palestinian fishermen"

I don't see anything wrong with what they did. They killed it and ate it. Big deal. It's food. They have to conform to OUR views? It's views like this that justify the view of Americans as arrogant and self-centered.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by norman619]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by norman619
I don't see anything wrong with what they did. They killed it and ate it. Big deal. It's food. They have to conform to OUR views? It's views like this that justify the view of Americans as arrogant and self-centered.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by norman619]

You are so full of HATE for america you can't see the bigger picture, its not about the turtle, its about the free pass the "Gaza Gang" gets from the world. If these were japanese fisherman, it would have been all over CNN and in the NYT's. If this had been vietnamese fishermen in Texas they would have been arrested for killing an INTERNATIONAL endangered species.........................

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Actually "sissy" Islam makes an exception for "sea turtles" in that they are sea creatures not land animals.

Rather than posting this as fact, can you show me where it says in the Quran that Muslims can drink the blood of sea creatures, just because they're from the sea? All blood is forbidden. Fish and some sea creatures are made clean to eat yet their blood is still drained.

An I submit it is you that points fingers and screams "hater" to make yourself fell better.

You understand that your words are hypocritical? Here's exactly what you said in another post:

You are so full of HATE for america you can't see the bigger picture, its not about the turtle, its about the free pass the "Gaza Gang" gets from the world.

So who was the one pointing fingers and screaming "hate"?

The entire pont to the thread was to show how the world gives the palestinians a break on anything they do, no matter how vile in the view of those who would typically condem anyone else for doing the same act.

Oh please. Israel's media propoganda machine has been working overtime everyday trying to give the entire Middle East, including Palestine a bad name. How many news sources have you heard about Palestinian children dying of starvation, from the US media? The reason why Palestinians are not being punished for this is because they need food. You will have to excuse the Palestinian fishermen for not carrying around their "List of endangered sea turtles not to eat, even when you and your family are starving" handbook.

The only reason to kill animals is for food..............errr..........to survive...............

Then what's wrong with what they did here?

Gaza is a self made pit of hell......and well deserved for those there.........Until they purge the terrorist within, they are all terrorist and Israeli tanks need to ............(wait for it)......

And so it comes out... the real purpose of making this thread.

SAVE the TURTLES first........................

Nothing like valuing a turtle over a human life, eh?

If these were japanese fisherman, it would have been all over CNN and in the NYT's. If this had been vietnamese fishermen in Texas they would have been arrested for killing an INTERNATIONAL endangered species.........................

Are the Japanese or Vietnamese in the same situation as Palestinians? Can Palestinians go to to market and buy sushi or Pho Tai whenever they like? Which country is building a wall around all of Japan and keeping their farmers from growing crops?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I saw this a few days ago...

There is a video with it, it was SO apauling i couldn't even comment on it, nor post it to ATS...

After a few days.. heres my reaction...

The Killing of the Turtle is bad, but forgivable... i doubt that these people that did it were educated, or have any idea what an endangered species is, or could name any..

I feel bad for the Leatherback, what a beautiful beast it is. I had the oppertunity to be within a few feet of one when she was laying her eggs on a beach. It was amazing, what a beautiful massive beast.

What i found most appauling was the commentary in the video, they were just commenting on how the palestine people are killing the turtle, plan to drink the blood, and it showed the people stabbing the turtle in the neck...

Oh man, i felt sick to my stomache.

There are several beasts on this planet, that i have no stomache for watching getting killed, or seeing dead... i feel so bad when i see a dead dolphin, or a dead elephanut, cats, dogs, whales, and sea turtles...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You say you are against killng animals for food unless one needs to in order to survive.............what kind of logic is that? The only reason to kill animals is for food..............errr..........to survive...............

Logic? Okay.

Well I am a vegetarian of 6 years, and I am still alive...

It can be done.

Case in point.
..........................................................................................................

(IMO)What I am saying is that; if it can't be done, i.e vegetarian diet, then eat meat to survive.

(IMO)An earlier point of mine; was that it's much easier then many people seem to think. Even bypassing stores and markets altogether, with the proper education you can collect alot of edibibles in the wild. Pretty much any Wild.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

(IMO)What I am saying is that; if it can't be done, i.e vegetarian diet, then eat meat to survive.

Yea but man by nature is omnivorous. And while yes you can survive not eating meat is denying yourself certain nutrients.
But that is your choice. So eh.

But I say, BRING ON THE STEAK!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Yea but man by nature is omnivorous. And while yes you can survive not eating meat is denying yourself certain nutrients.
But that is your choice. So eh.

But I say, BRING ON THE STEAK!

Whenever I talk to meat-eaters in 'waking life' i dont ever push my veggi-diet on them. ever. When it gets brought up, I do encourage them to eat free-range organic meat. As to not contribute to the Factory Farming industry.

My main conflict isn't with eating meat in of itself. That's my personal take on things. I would love to see all meat-consumers eating free-range organic meat becase the mainstrem meat industry and factory farms is corrupt as all hell, and produces meat that is unhealthy... especially compared to the free-range organics (not including USDA standards hehe).

As for nutrients. It's very much possible to get all you need from either diet. Meat or no meat. I am a living example of this; as I am a nationally competitve matial artists and a regular at the gym, and look and feel healthy

Any hoot

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

If you would bother to read the links provided you would find the basis of the sea creature exception statement.

PS. Your 300 spartan avatar...did you know that the spartans are direct decendants of the tribe of Dan after the exodus............

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Logic? Okay.

Well I am a vegetarian of 6 years, and I am still alive...

It can be done.

Case in point.
..........................................................................................................

I also am a "reformed" vegitarian

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Humans come first, and then animals It really does not matter what your views on, the needs of a starving human family will take priority over the animals endangered or not.

Had I the opportunity to give these people food myselves, I would. But alas, sneidng anything there as a private citizen will link you support of terrorism, and find yourself in the same squalid conditions as they are forced into no doubt.

Western slaughterhouses are some of the most horrific and cruel things that exist. there are documentation easily available showing the disgusting curelties of the industries that puts your wholesome food on the table. Like employees at a poultry plant seen slamming live chickens into the ground and stomping on them until they are smashed up, or slamming them against the wall repeatedly until they burst, while alive.

There was one where a cow was killed not with the rod through the ehad, but they cut open its throat, and his insides were hanging out. They then repeatedly physiaclly abused and tortured the animal while it was alive and having its insides hanging out of a hole in tis throat area. This is done soley for fun by the guilty parties.

you wil be required to sign-up for an accountat either liveleak, google video, or youtube verify your age to view the videos as they are quite graphic and disturbing.

Had I been starving with them i would ate every piece of meat off that poor turtles bones and thank God for the gift he sent to ease our suffering.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looks like your god sent the turtle to the wrong address, these people are healthy and able. To the guy that said how can we expect them to follow our rules, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it against international law to kill an endangered species?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Thank you someone finally said it..............

But, Gazagang always seems to get a pass when they break "international law". Defying the UN, murdering innocent Israeli's, or even endangered species............but then again they way most of the Gazagang thinks........

Israelis and Sea Turtles are both "endangered species"..........and its their job to make it happen........

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join