It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Anomoly I've Seen on Google Sky! UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

nice!
could you find that big anomaly Samureyed posted and do the images like you just did so we can compare the size of them at the same zoom?
I would do it myself but I'm having a lot of trouble for some reason finding them on my GS.
If we compare size, then we may be able to rule out camera glitches.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I heard about SLOOH.com here in a post by HAL9000 on the epic Comet Holmes thread.

My meager gallery

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm sorry for being off topic. That is simply amazing. I never knew you could do this. This opens up a whole new door in our ability to independently verify sightings. Thank you for sharing this. And thanks to Hal9000. I'll share this info with others and credit your kindness.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

could you find that big anomaly Samureyed posted and do the images like you just did so we can compare the size of them at the same zoom?

Well, they closed the SLOOH domes due to clouds. So no more astrophotos tonight. The 'scopes were all booked-up anyway. I got the last reservation earlier.

The last GS capture by samureyed looks, again, like the shadow of the secondary mirror and spider captured during the green filter exposure when extraneous light hit the 'scope.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

oh yeah I totally agree that the image samureyed captured is a camera glitch.
But, if we can compare the two images at the same zoom... then we could potentially rule out that the object I captured is a camera glitch due to size.

I'm going with the theory that the object I captured is too small to be a camera glitch based off of the size of other camera glitches and the amount you have to zoom in to see it.

If this anomaly I captured is a "ship," and say that with a BIG "if," then I wouldnt expect it to be there anymore, hence why it doesn't show up in the other photo you captured. again, thats IF its a UFO of some type...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If you say you saw a UFO. Well I believe you. Your first?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok, lets just say, for entertainment sake, this is a gigantic UFO:

well, how about this?

mikesingh's thread
We might even go as far to say the green light could be some sort of plasma energy like the other UFO sighted by saturn...
Mike's other thread

ok, so maybe the plasma thing is a little far fetched, but I think that if this is a massive cylindrical UFO of some type, perhaps its what the ones around saturn's rings look like... perhaps...

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

In regards to MS Paint being a broken bike, compared to the sports car Gimp is, in it's defense it really is up to the person using it.. I would reconsider

That to me, is amazing...

(pre-edit, if the yvid embed fails, pls delete this post... )

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Nice!

Thanks for the heads-up on this site.

And nice pictures, too!

When one looks up at the sky through binoculars or a telescope the sense of space is nearly overwhelming. It's as if your brain tries to expand to get a sense of it all. And you feel really tiny really fast.

reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I don't know how useful the site would be to investigate UFO sightings. I mean, the scale of the universe is gianormous! Like, the anomaly from the OP would have to be seriously huge in order to be seen at that magnification. Most likely it's not a UFO. If it were, then it must have taken hundreds of years to construct.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

while the video is cool and all, lets try and stay on topic plz.

your fairly new to ATS so you'll learn fast that Mods are cracking down on off topic posts. just trying to save ya a scolding.

next time U2U him or start a thread on BTS or something.

*EDITED to add:

on another note, what is everyones thoughts on the Saturn pics compared to the original pic I posted?

3 posts up.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
hmmmmm yes they look similer but how big is it compared to the saturn one in size?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Ace

well, thats the problem... we dont have real point of reference.
I dont remember what the zoom is at, but we also don't know how far away that star is or how far the "object" is from the star...
so as far as references, we dont know, BUT, we DO know that it is MASSIVE compared to the things around it...

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My guess would be it's a satellite.

I base this on things I learned last Summer while volunteering at galaxyzoo.org where we identified galaxies by type.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Here, I put the picture through some filter in case anyone wants to take a shot at what it is.
I dont know why part of the object seems to have a square edge around it, kinda wierd, but then again, all the stars seem to have small square edges around them... still kinda weird...
If a box were around it then wouldnt it cut through the star?
anyway, here they are:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Im not sure if someone has pointed this out but, the image looks a lot like symbols or writing.

Maybe whatever this thing was knew that it was being photographed and displayed a message....

Just a thought

[edit on 3-4-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

This actually looks like a reflection of a satellite. Not the blue, but the shadowed image.

Still......

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Pictures like that, as far as I know, are taken with exposure times from minutes to hours for each color channel. So if it was an actual image and not a graphical error from your graphics card due to some media file playing in the background or such, which seems quite likely as you were unable to find it later, it would have been an object close enough to move that distance somewhere between the telescope and the star behind it during the exposure of the green channel. While it was doing this it should have been flashing in and out of view while it was moving along the line it drew.

I suppose it could have been an object of some sort tumbling across the telescopes view while the green channel was being exposed, but I think its more likely it is something small and dimly lit moving rather slowly a small distant and close to the telescope than something massive and extremely bright moving insanely fast in the distance of the star behind it. Not saying it cant be something fantastic or atleast interesting but with just that one image which dont seem to be available from google sky anymore I find even that highly unlikely.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thanks to Odessy for sharing this one and to goosdawg for
bringing it to my attention

I've found an interesting post, on Google Earth Community, here:
/2cdkgw

It's a starting thread for a collection of data problems
and errors associated with the new SKY universe within Google Earth.

SKY Data Problems Compendium version 4

Circuit Boards

Colored Rectangles
Simple rectangles or film strips

Doughnuts

Heiroglyphics

Line Segments

Other:

/2a6mad
The imagery for Google Sky comes from some of the largest ground- and space-based astronomical surveys.

The visible data comes from a combination of surveys: the Sloan Digital Sky Survey,
the Digital Sky Survey Consortium which you can find more about at: www.stsci.edu...,
www.caltech.edu..., www.roe.ac.uk..., and www.aao.gov.au...;
NASA and ESA's Hubble Space Telescope about which you can find more at the Space Telescope Science Institute
and the ESA Hubble Space Telescope home page. More details about these observatories can be found on our partners page.

Additional layers for Sky came from a number of space orbiting observatories:
the x-ray data from NASA's Chandra satellite, the ultraviolet images from NASA's GALEX satellite,
the infrared images from the joint NASA, Netherlands and UK Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS)
and the microwave sky from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) satellite.

The historical constellations layer are created from the historical maps available
at the David Rumsey Historical Maps Collection.

The layers were created in collaboration with the University of Washington sky team.

www.google.com...

Now, given the big amount of issues, i guess that as more their sistem will be improved, the less we will find this type of issues: the project is relatively joung:
anyway, who really can give an explanation about how such of issues may take place, is who works on the project or at least is aware of
the procedures used by them:
This specific anomaly has already been submitted on both
SKY Data Problems Compendium version 4
bbs.keyhole.com...
and on GoogleEarthHacks
www.gearthhacks.com...
www.gearthhacks.com...
On GoogleEarthHacks this file has been downloaded 869 times, and still there are 0 comments

and it seems that even on Google Earth Community no one so far has provided a good explanation.
It has aklso been posted on YouTube
www.youtube.com...

IMHO, the most appropriate place in which to pose a question about this type of oddities,
is this one:
groups.google.com...
all that i would be able to do is to speculate, but they are probably aware of the origin of most of these issues.
So far, i haven't been able to find an explanation

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Looks like a bunch of blurred 3d Letters, cant make out any word that makes sence though.

Mabe there's a little Alien Spaceship towing a big sign for some intergalactic clearance Sale...lololol

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Fascinating thread!
There are just three explanations for this, listed in their order of credibility:

A camera glitch or

One of those secret spacecraft of the US military ( The Top Secret US Military Space Program) Or

An alien spacecraft.

Check out the resemblance of the object in the OP to one of the objects in space (alien or otherwise) purported to have been photographed by J. Walson….

thelivingmoon

internos, as usual, has got hold of the SKY data Problems Compendium which is a collection of data problems and errors associated with the new SKY universe within Google Earth. But what is interesting is that the author has mentioned that some of these may not be problems! What does that imply?

A possible explanation of the 'spider effect' is given here..bbs.keyhole.com...
and here...www.telescope-optics.net...

Is it possible to estimate the distance of this anomaly? By the way, that IR image from Hubble of the object in Saturn’s rings shows it to be more than 50,000 km in length!! (Why hasn’t it been named as yet? Much smaller moons have! That’s probably because it’s a strange (alien?) object of unknown origin!) Now, till we know the approx distance of this anomaly on Google Sky, it would be impossible to even guess its dimensions. (That is, if it isn't a camera anomaly, which I think it is!)

Good find! F & S!

[edit on 3-4-2008 by mikesingh]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join