It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Anomoly I've Seen on Google Sky! UFO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I put those two anomalies next to each other for comparison. Those anomalies are close to each other on Google Sky.

i285.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is another green line here on Google Sky

Dec 52 02'36.55 RA 13h28m22.65s

Odd that its at the same RA as the other one, which makes me think its a picture stitching problem.

On the other hand it doesn't have the same characteristics (apart from being the exact same colour).

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frobnicate

There's a blue streak in line with your green streak close to it. It's probably a camera glitch.

There are many green, red, and blue streaks on Google Sky.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by itisibrian]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by itisibrian

I put those two anomalies next to each other for comparison. Those anomalies are close to each other on Google Sky.

i285.photobucket.com...

Good Call!! Hmmm

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow, I just woke up to a bunch of replies!
thanks you all for giving me your input, all helpful and interesting.

Special thanks to Internos and Mikesingh for posting by special request!
(I U2Ued them earier)

Internos, you said this object I captured is some sort of hieroglyph camera glitch that GS has admitted too?
The picture you posted is the same as mine, is that a pic that GS posted explaining the phenomena or the same pic I posted?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

i285.photobucket.com...

wow, nice find!

Star for you!

I would definitely put these two objects in the same category...

what I don't know is, do the differences in the structural body support or dismiss the UFO theory?

what I mean is:
if its a camera glitch, shouldn't they all look the same?
or
If its a UFO, shouldn't the all look the same?

thats a tuff one...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

That's a good question. I got to ask... what is GS? Does that mean Google Sky? Sorry, Im a newbie

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by itisibrian

lol its all good.
yeah GS=google sky

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Internos, you said this object I captured is some sort of hieroglyph camera glitch that GS has admitted too?
The picture you posted is the same as mine, is that a pic that GS posted explaining the phenomena or the same pic I posted?

No, absolutely not.
It has been inserted in a list of anomalies, but there's still zero explanation about it. I've also pointed out the lack of response: i mean that is NOT so easy to explain.
Now i would like to point out why the stuff coming from mosaics is not my favourite:
if you work on raw images, then it could be very easy to try to determine what's an anomaly (natural formation, glitch and so on) because just a few processes are involved.
But how many and what processes are involved in Google Sky Project?
When can have been formed the anomaly? Is it visible in the RAW image? And if yes, was a glitch ar was actually there? And if it was a glitch, then when has it been formed: during the aquisition of the data, during their transmission, during their first manipulation...
How can we find the raw images in order to make at least this assestment? Or is the result of the assembling of the mosaic, as it happened with clementine dataset (and here we are talking about MANY different datasets) on the Moon? And if it hasn't been formed "artificially", then what the heck could it be? A software bug, a human mistake, OTHER? why that specific scale of green seems to appear in more anomalies, as correctly IattackPeople pointed out?
There's a lot of questions to which i'm unable to answer at all. What we would need here is someone involved in the project, someone able to tell us at least from which dataset comes that specific image.
I mean: i fear i can't be helpful on this one [sorry]

[edit on 3/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It just seems too obvious for words.

WG3

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

thanks internos.
different perspectives are always good.
I know what you mean about the many different processes a glitch could be formed.
I think it was you that explained that process to me about some of the moon clementine structure images... the pyramid right?
anyway, thanks again, and I feel that your right, this isn't something that can be solved unless we know someone in the project.
So, I'm going to keep my mind open for now, and wait...
perhaps an explanation will reveal itself...
perhaps someone will spot a UFO that looks like it...
perhaps we'll never hear anything about something like this again...
But, at least we all know that this ufo, glitch, or plasma gas anomaly exists if anything like it comes up in the future.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

WG3

How about this one:

It's a joke button from the 70's but I can't remember which mission.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

WG3

glad it's obvious ,lol,lol.. No Words needed

i152.photobucket.com...

Image above is Saturn - All Google Sky text designations are in White Text.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Also I have been finding that as well with Google Earth there are many overlays in Google Sky - look around and you'll see were some objects that "glow" are cut off and/or overlayed such as the image below. You can see the straight edge. Don't know exactly if it's an overlay but there are many like this in Google Sky...

i152.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is another image - Red "?star?" glow with a green flare then a couple straight lines in the middle that don't match??? not to mention that if you look close enough two of the veritcal lines are skewed from the rest??

i152.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

Take a look at this

i285.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Google Sky appears to be a collage of images, many of which are taken under slightly different conditions from their neighbors. That leads to the anomalous overlaps. I think the OP one is just a spurious label that got included.

WG3

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The strangest anomaly I have encountered with Google Sky is the fact that people think that it is useful for anything even close to real research. Entertainment, maybe, but thinking you can look at Google Sky and do UFO research is displaying complete and total ignorance in my book. Those that know their butts from a hole in the ground know what I'm talking about. Those that don't...well the biggest problem with folks like that is that they don't know what they don't know if you know what I mean

Sorry to sound like some arrogant prick, I know I will get flamed from those that don't understand...but it is what it is. Coddling this kind of ignorance by giving it multi page threads with thousands of responses is only encouraging further ignorance. If your interest is peaked from something you see on Google Sky, then you should pursue it properly by....never mind. I'm wasting my breath on things like this around here.......

[edit on 3-4-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by hdchop

Take a look at this

i285.photobucket.com...

Exactly - I am seeing a lot of these even black areas - another thing we have to remember is this (GS) is in it's infancy along with using Gov tools (satellites) So here we go again - which rabbit hole are we going to jump into now. lol,lol,lol - always had a facination with astronomy

edit - (sp) spelling

[edit on 3-4-2008 by hdchop]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Someone on a different thread says that's where Planet X is and Google sky took it all out!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join