It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus really die?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Um, I am unsure as to how that addresses what I said, could be me. Explain differently please?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Well, being a Jew meant that you were a son of God, and Jesus was called a Samaritan and a non-Jew. Samaritans, Syrians etc. were often refered to as dogs by the Jews. Jesus himself calls a woman dog when she begs him to heal his daughter from demons:

atthew 15:22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. 26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." 27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

While the Jews were sheep and children, the other people were refered to as dogs, swine and other unclean animals often hated by the Jews. It sound's quite racist, and indeed it is, but this was and often is a side effect of being called the Chosen People of God. nearly two millennia later, it was the Jews' turn to be clled dogs and swine, when Hitler rattled his sables and killed off millions of Jews in the gas chambers. Hitler also saw himself as a chosen of God, and the Arian "race" was the children of God and the most excellent. Strange what people do when they believe they are chosen of God...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
presuming that Jesus really did get crucified the way depicted in the bible, it would be IMPOSSIBLE fo him to have survived it. he woud have bled to death from having been beaten, had nails driven into him, carrying a cross on his back in the heat and being pierced in the side.
even if it were possible to survive such a thing then he would nt have had the eergy to get up and shift the rock out the way and leave the cave. he would have had no energy to do such a thing.
Jesus most certainly died.
however i don't believe he was resurrected lol but i do believe he died as if anyone goes through what Jesus apparantly went through then they cannot survive it.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlayerRock
Jesus most certainly died.
however i don't believe he was resurrected lol but i do believe he died as if anyone goes through what Jesus apparantly went through then they cannot survive it.

Probably millions of people since the dawn of time, have suffered worse and lived. And he wasn't left alone. When the disciples came to the tomb and saw the stone had been rolled away, there were people there, dressed in white garnments. The Essene were always dressed in white and were expert healers with all the knowledge needed to heal something as simple as a punctured longue. Being one of the most common injuries on the batlefield, the centurion would most certainly recognise the symptoms and he would also know how to heal it, which the Gospel account shows he did.

At Calvary that afternoon, everything needed for healing a punctured longue was present. A sharp tool to pierce the chest (the centurion's spear) and a wet sponge working as a valve. The sponge was even soaked in vinegar, a desinfectant, making for a clean wound.

Healing someone from a punctured longue, the first thing you need to do is to pierce the chest or thorax, to drain it for blood and condensed water, as well as equalising the air pressure inside. A wet sponge would later be needed to open and close the flow of excess air inside, building up the air pressure. The soldiers at Calvary would know this from their military education and from experience in battle.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This argument has been going on since the Crucifixion. There is evidence I first read about in the book "Jesus Died In Kashmir". It's an incredible book I highly recommend. The author makes great points. For instance, he says there may have been a plan by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus and others to save Jesus. He thinks the sour wine given to Jesus when he thirsted was a potion of some kind to knock him out, to simulate death. The asphyxiation part of crucifixion totally depends on 1 thing. The foot rest. If a person has a solid foot rest, they wouldn't asphyxiate. Also, if he died, there wouldn't be much bleeding. CORPSES DON'T BLEED!!! The scriptures also says that Joseph of A. went and got 100 lbs. of Aloes. (Aloe Vera plant for healing skin wounds) Why would he do that, unless he knew Jesus wouldn't die. I'm not saying I'm convinced one way or the other but just wanted to bring in ALL the theory's to the table. They say after he recovered he left and ended up in Kashmir where he lived to an old age had kids etc. Also, the Shroud of Turin shows bleeding wounds. I don't think the present shroud is the original grave cloths. I think Leonardo D. made it using a camera obscura technique.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.tombofjesus.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargoth
Also, the Shroud of Turin shows bleeding wounds. I don't think the present shroud is the original grave cloths. I think Leonardo D. made it using a camera obscura technique.

The paint used to paint the Shroud shows traces of ocre a common pigment for making paint and also other pigments. The face and body is ill proportioned and not the work of any Renneisance artist IMO, they were too bound by the strict holy geometry of man to paint a face where the eyes are in the forehead and the nose takes up 1/3 of the face. It's bogus work.

The Kashmir theory is plausible due to evidence found in India of a person very much like Jesju. But personally I believe he moved north with his family and settled in Scandinavia where he became known as Allfather a name also given to Odin and his day is Eng. Wednesday or No. Onsdag from Wotan and Odin. Our name for Saturday is Lørdag, Lord's Day (not laugar dag, like most modern etymologies suggest), Sabbath. And Olav the Holy observed Shabbath not Sunday and was in oposition to the Catholic Church, whose societies tried to destroy his remains at several occations. He was of Harald Fairhair (and he had long curly black hair. Fair comes from fager and doesn't mean blonde hair). The long haired kings of Europe were the Merovingeans, also connected to the Holy Bloodline.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

He was on the cross for at least 6 hours possibly nine hours. The other two crucified next him where still alive and had their legs broken to finish them off, as Jesus was already dead, because he endured a horendous beating before the cross including having his beard plucked out of his face, he didn't need to have his legs broken becuase he was already dead.

However your theory is nothing new, they've made movies about its etc etc ect, and on and on it goes, remember we learn of Jesus from the bible, the bible also says he ascended into heaven on a cloud, are you saying you only believe certain parts of the bible or the whole thing, the whole thing has been proven to have been writen by a supernatural dvine mathamatical mind, thats right, every word of it. Stop theorizing and looking for a loop hole out of hell repent confess your sins and receive the saviour.

Your theory is as weak as saying maybe 1 and 1 doesnt equal 2, why? well it's quite simple, you just don't want to believe it. And by the way, it no longer takes faith to belive that 1 plus 1 equals 2, and it no longer requires faith to Believe that Jesus Christ was exactly who he said he was.

The truth can be found when you look for it and the evidence. Some people find it and spend the rest of their lives tryng to prove it wrong because they dont like it.

God gave us the bible to have a written record, to put death all manner of weird and whacky theories under the sun. It's not gona wash.

By the way its spelt; lung

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join