It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am seeing the 'bugs' everywhere. I keep thinking I see someone standing just inside the hall to my left, buy when I look up, no one is there. I see things move, that is what I call the bugs, it is just a black spot that if you don't turn your head and look directly at it, it will continue to move along the wall, but as soon as you look, it dissappears. I am not the only person here who sees this, I have mentioned it before on this thread. There is a bell sound in hall one. Just a little 'ting...........ting..........ting....., I don't have a TV on tonight, it is dead quiet so the sound seems ominous to me right now. Unnerving. The cameras have decided , about an hour ago, to stop working, and I had to turn off the monitor, it was showing snow, like a TV with the cable off, but every now and then I thought I was seeing a face in the monitor, in the snow on it. It was freaking me out. I wish somebody would get up early, or come tell me that they can't sleep, I am not having a good night in here!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The main thing you have to remember is to relax. Try not to scare yourself too much. Try to occupy your mind with something a little more pleasent.

The tales of this hotel are really interesting. I'm actually considering taking leave and flying out there just so I can spend a few days covertly investigating the place. But, I'm stuck floating in the water waiting for orders ....er, said too much.

But, before I'd do something like that, I'd rather ask permission of you seeing that it could get you in trouble. I can assure you that I have discrete ways of checking places out. Comes with the job. Plus, I'd even be willing to stand at the front desk all night to hopefully catch a glimpse of any weird happenings on the security cams...if I were allowed to see them that is.

Oh, and there is no way I'd stay in that room. Unless I could have all electrical appliances taken out. TV, phone whatever. Don't need none of it going off if I decied to sleep. But, then again, that could make things worse for the person staying in the room. That might take the attention off of the appliances and draw it to the person in there.

Either way, don't let this scare you all that much. Just know that you know of no stories of someone being physically harmed, so you shouldn't have any worries. Well, no, actually you may still need to worry because even if you haven't heard stories of physical harm doesn't mean it can't happen. I just remembered the way the paper guy felt. Oh boy.

Um, don't quit any time soon. Try to stick with it...this is my fix, your tales have become my addiction. This is what gets me through the day. You're like the painkillers to my Dr. House.

May the Force be with you.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Echofoxtrot, thanks for the words of encouragement, I am feeling much better right now, folks are starting to get up, that always makes me feel safer. I couldn't quit right now if I had to, I need the job too much, and I have always been interested in the strange and unusual. I have been told many times that I bring entities into my life myself, I could be the one generating all this activity here. I went to a 'chaneller' once, she told me I was surrounded by so many spirits and they were all talking at once and she could not hear my answers to her questions for them. She told me I had lost many many children. I have lost 2, I have never been able to carry a pregnancy to term. But when I lost the first one my doctor did tell me that I may be having' spontaneous abortions'. I will have to show you my 'ghost picture', I have a thread going here about it, telling the story behind it, but I am glad it has gotten buried in ATS, people were accusing me of photoshopping and things like that, it is very personal and I was offended by many of the remarks over it. You are welcome to U2U me, I have so many different examples of the strange things that have gone on over the years.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In a full hotel, how can I be scared? My hair is standing up on my arms right now. My heart pounding, it is so quiet in here, but I keep hearing that bell sound, in the hall. I looked on camera, all the views are currently showing solid white, like the lights are too bright in all the areas. I walked over to the breakfast area, making some coffee, when I rounded the corner something caught my attention on the camera veiw, I saw somebody walking up to the front desk, but when I came around the wall to help them, no one was there. I went back to 'rewind' and see what happened to them, there was no one there. The cameras are going nuts. All my different views, different floors, halls, are flashing now, like the pictures are going on and off, and when they flash I would swear I am seeing people for just a milisecond, walking everywhere, but here I sit, typing away to all of you, and not a soul is in front of me.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ah! Where have you been?! I was so caught up in this! You're back! Now I can sleep at night.

So it starts again. Like I've said, try not to let your fear control you. Try to supress it as much as possible and look more towards trying to debunk what you are seeing. Trust me, if you view it from a scientific view, you'll be less scared.

Keep the updates rollin'.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is an awesome thread. Just want to say that I've held your night audit position at a hotel in the sydney cbd on the friday and saturday nights and we owned a club right next door and we've had to deal with so many many drama's each and every night. Fights (huge brawls) to rape to drug overdosing. Even a situation where we feared someone was about to pull a gun out and spray up the building.

Sure it was a crazy job for me since I wasn't even 20 yet but still I don't think it compares to your position.

Hmm I think your going to have to talk to this spirit. If that rooms up again your going to have to talk to it. Its the best thing I can say you do. Do not say anything to aggravate the spirit though. But you will have to confront it.

Oh btw do you use fidelio software for check ins/outs and balancing your accounts duties?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is an awesome thread. Just want to say that I've held your night audit position at a hotel in the sydney cbd on the friday and saturday nights and we owned a club right next door and we've had to deal with so many many drama's each and every night. Fights (huge brawls) to rape to drug overdosing. Even a situation where we feared someone was about to pull a gun out and spray up the building.

Sure it was a crazy job for me since I wasn't even 20 yet but still I don't think it compares to your position.

Hmm I think your going to have to talk to this spirit. If that rooms calls up again your going to have to talk the person on the other line. I have a feeling this person had a demon attached to him and thats why he went through this downwards spiral. I believe before his death he must of tried to call up for the ambulance or police because of his overdosage but whatever it was had stopped him from making that call.

Its the best thing I can say you do. Do not say anything to aggravate the spirit though. But you will have to confront it.

Oh btw do you use fidelio software for check ins/outs and balancing your accounts?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by nahsik]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

We use Brilliant software, I really like it. It is extremely effecient. I am back tonight to update, our owners had a family wedding, so I was supposed to allow room 129 to be rented since the family is taking up most of the hotel ( they are Hindu, a family wedding is usually a thousand or more guests, this is a 'small wedding', they only have about 900 coming, most are staying in Atlanta, but a lot of the brides family are here with us 50+ rooms) . Anyway, I rented it a while ago, but the key wouldn't open the door. They came back, I re-did the key, it still wouldn't work. Green light comes on but the door won't open. I went down there with them on the 3rd try, ( I don't like to but I had to, lol!) and it just won't open. OK, so I just change them to another room, and they are in and happy. The lady comes up here to the desk a while ago, looking for the vending area, and mentions that she noticed we got the door open, did we have to work on it?' No, we didn't. Nobody even knew about it but me and the customer. I look on camera and lo and behold the door is standing open!!! And now, I have to go close it, I am waiting for a customer to come in and walk that way, and I will go at the same time to close it. I have a feeling this is goint to be an interesting night.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It is 412am, I did something I have only done once since I came to work here, I fell asleep. LOL! Apparently right after audit. I didn't sleep long, but what woke me up was the alarm signal, it was going off, but not showing any room had called 911 ( this signal indicates a room just called 911, and is supposed to print up the room number calling it) also the 911 station did not call me, that is what they are supposed to do, call and see if I need them. So I reset the system, go over to the breakfast area, this area used to be a bar originally, the bar has been closed for years, these owners remodeled it to use as a breakfast area. I put on a pot of coffee, and went into the small storeroom and the lights went off. OMG. I am terrified of the dark! I run across the room and hit the switch, it is in the on position! So I flipped one of the others, lights came on across the room, but the row that I turned on won't come back on. I know that is probably just coincidence, but it scared the living sh** out of me!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ha! It seems fate sometimes has a sense of humour -- or perhaps the things that go bump in the night do. Only a shortwhile to daybreak; thanks for sharing your stories.
I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, and perhaps I'll visit the hotel the next time I'm out to Georgia.

PSP

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't know if you watch these camera images on a PC or a special camera device but you can make printscreens on a PC if you see something interesting.

This was a nice read though, i wait on more stories from you!

[edit on 2-6-2008 by PSP]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
great thread. thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Two new things to tell tonight. First of all, earlier tonight I had a couple come in, it was around 3:30 am , anyway, they came in and the guy was saying we should have him in the system already cause he is a 'frequent flyer' here, he was acting all pimped out and stuff like he was trying to impress the lady he was with to start with, then he asked what room he was getting, I told him and he said 'uh uh, you gonna have to get me another room, I don't even want my room to be on that hall!', and his lady was saying 'oooo, no! Put us on the other hall'. I asked why, they said they have been in a couple of rooms up there that are spooky. When I asked what they meant, he said he hears things, and that the TV's turn off and on , and volume goes crazy on them, and he said they saw 'faces' in the window in another room, like steam on the window but faces. It is the top floor of the hotel. No way a person could be outside the windows. They said they 'just don't like the feelings they get up there'. I don't go up there often myself, I had to when we were having a boiler problem though, I think I wrote about that here. Anyway, the second thing tonight was that I had to go to the 3rd floor, to get ice for the milk holders in the breakfast room, so I get a plastic bag and head up, I got the ice and went back to the elevator and pushed the button for down, nothing lit up. I waited a minute and tryed again. Nothing, I tried the 'up' button, again, nothing happened. I was about to panic. My heart was pounding because I knew there are only a few people on that floor tonight, and all of them are on the hall where the elevators are, in order for me to get back downstairs I have to either walk the long hall to a stairwell at the end of it, or , walk to the end of the elevator hall and take those stairs, which BTW come out at room 129. Yeah. I opted for the longer hall. But when I got on the stairs I was freaking out, I know I heard my name. Clear as a bell. In a male voice someone was right behind me and said my name. I almost fell getting down the stairs, and I ran all the way back to the desk. My chest hurts that scared me so bad. I hate it when not many people are here, that seems to be when sh** happens!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I just wanted to let any of you who are interested know that I am working on my short story entry for the ATS late spring short story contest. I will be telling a mostly true story ( some of it came from dreams, can I call that truth or not???) from a house I lived in once, located in Dallas Ga. For those of you who don't know about Dallas ( I didn't until afer I moved there, lol!) it is rich in not only civil war history, but has more missing soldiers than any other arena of the Civil War. The history of the hell hole. They have still not pin pointed it's location to this day, a horrific plane crash into the heart of the old battlegrounds convinced the locals that it is because of the missing graves, the story I am going to tell on here, my short story, is based on events that happened to me while living in an old home there, I suspect, as I have been told, that things happen around me because whether I want to or not, 'they' are attracted to me. So, look for my entry , I hope to have it in by Monday night.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This sounds very familiar.

www.imdb.com...

You sure you havent been watching this movie? Because, it sounds like a mix between House on Haunted Hill and this movie right here.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

You know, when that movie , 1408, came out, I wouldn't watch it, mainly because of what goes on up here, I am already wigged out most nights, watching a movie like that would really have me trippin! LOL! But I do know what it is about, my hubby watched it. As for house on Haunted Hill, I have seen that more than once, but to answer your question, no, I am at work right now, at the hotel, nothing happening tonight though, there are still ( at 4:15 am) people up and wandering around, hardly anything happens when it is active with folks in here. Through ATS I have found a means of talking to someone about it, and it makes me feel better, to know that there is someone who might be reading and write back, like you just did, makes me feel connected to something other than what I am seeing and hearing and experiencing around here. But I am also intrigued, obviously whatever it is, it is scary but harmless.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

ive worked in telecos in my time, and i can say ive seen phone dials themselves....and fax machines dial cell phones!! In fact, i recieved 5 calls from a fax machine on my cell. I recognised the number called the main office, and they said their fax machine seems to be working ok!!

hopefully that makes you feel a bit better, its always more dramatic when the cops come down so dont let that make you feel thats its an evil presence of some thing....
hope this helps!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. I work in the digital surveillance industry too, I was confused when you said satellite but your explanation makes sense (they are just viewing it remotely via a satellite connection).

Can any of the pc's in the building access the camera system? I mean pc's, not just stand alone monitors. The owners have the web address that allows them to view the cameras remotely, so if you could get that address, or if other PC's in the building have access to that address you could easily record video snips to save to disc or email or whatever.

Edit I am in Atlanta too, and have often looked up haunted hotels in this area. Do they rent the room if it is specifically requested?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

lol are you looking to spend a night...real or not i wouldnt take a risk personally!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I would consider it. There are not that known haunted hotels in this state, though there is a B&B in Stone Mountain that is known to be quite haunted (old house, was a civil war hospital). Very pretty place, easy to find on search engines if anyone is interested in it.

I stayed there one night and there was a very strange occurance. Can't go into details because the weirdness began with me and my companion and it would not be suitable for a public forum, but long story short a firearm became mysteriously disabled during the night and I honestly believe it was a supernatural act. I am not one of those folks that encounterse supernatural entities several times a week and twice on sundays, that was only the second experience ever.

So yeah I would have an interest. Could be fun!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join