It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

North Georgia, above Atlanta. I do not want to mention the exact hotel name, the general manager thinks it would be negative to our interests here to let any of this become public knowledge. Given some of the hints I have given you already in my posts it would not be hard at all to figure out!

I understand. anyway, great stuff so far.

keep it coming

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Space Cadet... thank you for tanking the time to answer my questions.

I was a bit sceptical at first, but your thorough (and correct) description of your hotel's CCTV system and 911 alert system have given credence to your story.

I can certainly understand your GM's and owner's reluctance to release any videos (or give you access to do the same) from the system in fear of bad publicity.

Do you own a camcorder? It would be great if you caught something on the video and were able to replay that 60 minute clip you have access to and record it directly from the video monitor on your camcorder. It wouldn't be the best clarity or resolution but it would be great to see some of the things you are seeing.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by craig732]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks for explaining that! Appreciate it

If you have a camcorder or alike can't you just rec from the security tv's ,just do a nice test on the zoom and keep it handy. As you are experiencing this "haunting" quite often the chances are great for you to rec something,not? Well if you can

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am from the Acworth Area in Atlanta,Ga. its about 20 minutes outside north of atlanta, I frequent the Rome Braves games so i know what hotel you are speaking of. I called about 10 minutes ago and asked to patched through to room 129. I got no answer so i hung up and called back and asked if that room was occupied, and of course it wasn't. Looks like weekend reservations are in order! I mean your only 30 minutes away. Not hard to figure out since your the 105 room hotel there.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is extremely interesting! I have often wondered how often entities like this use phones after an experience I had working at my university's dorms--I had never heard of such a thing before, but this story helps me feel a little less crazy. Please continue to keep us updated.

For more knowledgeable people than myself, is it a frequent occurrence that telephones are used by ghosts/in haunting situations? Does it have any particular significance? Is there any particularly good way to keep it from continuing?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lnx1980

Hey Inx, I am sure you are right about the hotel, where it is, baseball season just cranked up and we are about 2/3's full tonight. We usually only use that room for housekeepers when the hotel is full, sometimes as a comp room for bus drivers or the guys who wash the uniforms, however because what I am telling you is not public knowledge, if you request that particular room they will rent it to you as long as it is not occuppied by housekeeping of comp customers. Please do me a favor. Investigate all you want, but do not compromise my position here, the general manager was very serious about not telling people about the room and it's strange going's on, I would appreciate if you will be discreet about it. But please do report back here to let everyone interested know what you discover. So you come to the games here? Nice field huh?! They are working on building a 'Hooter's" right in front of it now, not interesting to me but apparently it is going to be a big hit with a lot of the fans this year!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by albright

I used to work at an historical school here, it is a private school, the 'lower' school , or elementary, classes were held in the main building( an old historic home) which was originally the school's founders home from what I was told. Anyway, he committed suicide in the attic of the large house, and people would say they heard all kinds of weird stuff coming from the attic, I reguarly found myself up there after classes by myself, I was doing security at the time, and the phone in one of the classrooms on the top would ring off the hook every time I entered the room! It always freaked me out, I never answered it though. I also saw water going crazy one day in a classroom where the kids apparently made faux tornadoes out of coke bottles, the water was spinning in several of them when I entered the room, but no one had been in there for at least an hour.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hello interesting story.... i had to face sevral ghosts in a room over a two night stay and got some very revealing pic's.It is a really creepy thing to have to go through and i would not wish it on anyone!!.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ended post

[edit on 4-4-2008 by parker]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I stayed at a haunted hotel once. It was on the big island of Hawaii.

We couldn't see 'it' ... that 'thing' hated us. It was pure hate and you just knew it was aiming it's hate right at you. It had to be either a demon or a damned soul. It was very strong in the hallway and the bathroom. I wanted to switch hotels, but everything was booked up all over the area.

*shudder* ugh.

I don't mind ghosts ... I live with them ... but demons and damned souls .. ugh *shudder*

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sounds wicked! I am scared at times here, when I was new it was very scary, but I have been here awhile and one thing I have learned, whatever is going on in this building keeps to one hallway, the breakfast area and the pool area. I stay in the front area, LOL!

Note to all: Sorry for my lack of update to this thread, I had broken a tooth on Friday morning and Ughhhh, the pain has kept me down and out! It is going to require surgery to cut the remainder of the wisdom tooth out.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It is just after 4 am, I am watching on camera to see a large 'orb' floating above the pool. The pool is currently covered with a dark pool cover, it is not a water reflection, it is not raining. The orb is larger than anything I have ever seen from a camera like a digital or 35mm. All the other camera views went out of focus, except in the hall of the 3rd floor. On the 3rd floor the camera is being blinded by what looks like an exceptional amount of light in the hall. The same lights are on that are always on. We are very slow tonight and there is only 1 person on that entire floor right now. I would hate to know that if I were the only person up there!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Do you own a camcorder? It would be great if you caught something on the video and were able to replay that 60 minute clip you have access to and record it directly from the video monitor on your camcorder. It wouldn't be the best clarity or resolution but it would be great to see some of the things you are seeing.

Space Cadet can you do this?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Space Cadet can you do this?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

I do not own a camcorder, I don't even have a cell phone with a camera, with the exception of a computer I am not real big on all the new technology. I bought a digital camera a while back, it is a 2.5 megapixel, I am told it is a dinasour. I will try to borrow one from my nephew tomorrow night, I don't work again until Friday, if I capture something I may need assistance putting it on here. I know how to load a still now using Photobucket. Just wanted to say tonight that a housekeeper was in 129 last night, she wanted to move to another room today, her chief complaint was that she would go to sleep and the TV kept coming on, full blast, and waking her up. She turned it off and went back to sleep several times and it kept coming on. Tonight it is occupied by a bus driver, one of the teams are here to play the Braves, we comp that room to drivers often. No peep out of him so far.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I am fully intrigued and will be checking back often to see what other developments occur and if you do by chance get some photos. It is rare that a recount of events could give me goosebumps. Yours did. I applaud your calmness in all this, good luck. Kudos

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok, sorry I haven't updated in a while but it has been extremely busy around here, too busy to even pay attention to the strange things that happen! But tonight I have to set aside this time to tell about something that just occurred.

I was in the breakfast room getting it ready for the guests, it was about 430am, I thought the newspaper guy that delivers here had come in and set down the papers, I knew I heard something, so I came out of the room and looked to the counter, no papers, so I went on around to an area where we store fresh fruits to get some, I was looking around because I was sure I heard somebody, and saw my purse on the floor of the office. This is not where I left it. I went through it to make sure my money was intact, it was, I put my purse back onto the shelf, and had to wonder if I had just walked in on somebody and were they still in the back office area! So I went and 'rewound' the video. No body came back here. When I walked out of the area where the video monitor is, my purse was in the floor again!!!!!!! My heart was in my throat! I went back to the video monitor, ran it back again, and nothing was there! It does not tape the area where my purse was, so I put my purse at the front desk, on camera. I went back to finish the breakfast area and heard another sound, like thumping, and looked across to the front desk, didn't see anything. I went to the video monitor again, ran it back, and didn't see anything. I was standing at the front desk and guess what room called? Yep, room 129. It is empty tonight. I held the phone and listened to the sound of a TV playing, I looked at the live camera shot, and the hall looks filled with light or smoke. I have gone and checked the hall, just in case there really is smoke, and there isn't. I cannot bring myself to go all the way down to room 129, I will ask first shift to check it and make sure no one is in the room, although I know it is impossible that someone would be in there. I am shaking like a leaf right now, and wish somebody would wake up looking for coffee or something, just so I am not by myself up here much longer.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It is 232am , I am seeing an orb again on camera over the pool. We just uncoverd it, and there is no water in it yet to be reflecting any kind of lights. Just a big fat orb floating over the pool. I have gone down to the pool door an looked, I see nothing, but come back and look on camera and there it is. I have an eerie feeling tonight too, don't know what it is, but I just feel spooked, it doesn't even matter to me that there are well over 100 people in here sleeping or whatever in the room tonight, that usually makes me forget the odd stuff that goes on here. This is not the first time I have seen the orb or orbs over the pool.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I wonder if it may be a reflection from outside the building perhaps? are there windows around the pool area? Just an idea.

But as a general, Be careful hun! I believe that strange feelings are there for a reason. so please be aware. Stay safe.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A great read.

Thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join