It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Haunting Hotel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have mentioned before that I work as an auditor for a hotel chain, I work nights, and I have been hearing and seeing things at this particular hotel for quite some time now. Let me tell you how it all started. About 3 nights after my training ended I was working alone when the switchboard went off , showing it was room 129 calling. I answered and no one replied. Although I was new at this hotel, my hubby had worked this one and I knew from him that 129 was the room the maintenance guy was in. Again the room calls the front, but no one speaks when I answered. Ok, I figure this guy is drunk or something, try to ignore, but it keeps calling me and he wouldn't say anything. Well, I finally got pissed and went to his door, knocked very loudly, and he wouldn't answer. I went back up to the front, I was going to get the master key and go back, when I got back to the front, the room was calling again! I told him I was tired of this, to stop calling me, the line hung up. Silence. For about 15 minutes. Then the alarms sounded to notify me that someone from a room had just called the police, 911. It was showing room 129. The police automatically dispatched a unit to the hotel, standard procedure, I gave them a master key, and they went to the room. Before they arrived however, the room called 911 3 more times, the operator at 911 called me and wanted to know who was in that room, I told her the maintenance guy. The police knocked and got no answer, then entered the room. There wasn't anyone in there. The room was empty and clean. I called the general manager to report what was going on, and the police wanted to verify the maintenance guy's name, but the manager said there was no one staying in that room, the maintenance guy was fired the week before I came. Throughout the night the phone called 911 and the front desk, total of 33 calls to 911. Next day they phone company came and checked the line, didn't find a problem, said put another phone in the room. We did. For a week that phone randomly called the front desk, 911, and other rooms in the hotel. They took the phone out of the room altogether, and it still called. How? No one knew. We don't rent that room out, housekeepers and maintenance stay in there when we have a full house, the reason we don't rent it? You cannot get warm in there. Aside from the window unit, which is just like every other unit in this 105 room hotel, there is an additional space heater that the housekeepers who do stay in there use, because they all say it is freezing in there. This was just the begining of the things I and others have seen, heard, and experienced here. First question I had was of course, has anyone died in there? Yes. And 2 drownings in the pool. Both drownings were guests who were staying in, you guessed it, 129. Gotta get busy for a minute, I will be back to talk about some of the other incidents.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Among the other incidents recently, we have a service to deliver the local paper to each door of a rented room. The young man who did this worked for the local paper, it was his job to take a list of all rented rooms and place a paper in front of the door. I nor anyone else here ever spoke of any ghosts or haunting going on here, as our general manager thinks we need to just try to forget about it, out of fear that it would cause us to lose customers, anyway, I was watching on camera as he placed a paper in front of each room, when he entered the hallway where room 129 is, I noticed a bright light flash at the other end of the hall, like right outside of 129, it started to turn into a mist, but lit up and glowing like, and began to move closer to him, he was walking straight toward it. All of the sudden he swung around, threw the papers, and ran, screaming, all the way back up to the front desk, and out the door! He was so badly shaken that he vomited. I was trying to help him calm down, he couldn't even talk at first, then he said over and over, 'I will never come into that building again!', he said he felt something closing around him, he couldn't really explain it, he did say it didn't feel like a person or thing, but it was like really cold and all around him, and that his heart was pounding and he thought if he didn't run away 'it' was going to freeze him or smother him. He wouldn't come back in and finish the papers, another person came back to finish, and he quit his job.

On camera another night, my neice was here with me, we were girl talking, when she noticed that it looked like an older woman wearing a big hat was sitting in the breakfast area, which was dark except for a small amount of light streaming in from the lobby windows. I looked and sure enough, there was a lady sitting there, just staring ahead at the bookshelf. We watched her and my neice started getting creeped out by it, so I told her just have a seat and I would go tell the lady she had to leave that area, it is closed at night. You all probably know what happened next, and I got chills running up my back right now thinking about it, but , she , or no one else, was in the breakfast room.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Before I came here, not a lot of 'ghost' stories were told about this place, aside from the fact that room 129 had a heating problem that made everyone think it was haunted, and the fact that 2 drowning victims had been guests in that room, no one saw and heard things that they reported. Now, it is on a regular basis. I hate to be the one to take the credit, but all my life I have been 'sensitive' to these type of events. I am starting to think I open some kind of door to be exposed to it, somehow. The hotel's current owner is of Indian descent, and Hindu. Their beliefs prevent them from thinking that what everyone else here thinks is happening is even possible, except the elders of their family. The mother, who is well into her 70's, was going to bless the room, along with all the rooms of the hotel when they first became the proprieters of this location, but upon entering 129, she backed out of the room and said, 'this room, something is bad in here, lets not use this one'. Later she told her sons not to let anyone stay in there, not even housekeepers, that it is evil, and has a ghost in it, the rest of their family thinks she is off her rocker since this goes against what they believe, but she won't even walk past the room.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
We all ( all means all of us who work and walk around the hotel) see what I call 'gremlins' all the time around here. You are sure you see someone out of the corner of your eye, but they are not there when you acually look. I have seen 'bugs', that is what I call them anyway, but you catch a glimpse of large bug shaped shadows going around a corner, or down a wall to the carpet, but they dissappear before you can see it clearly. They are not bugs, let me make that clear, they are like shadows, kind of hard to explain, but other workers have seen it too. One of the housekeepers calls them 'creepers', for a lack of any known term we just call them what they remind us of. Also shadow people, larger shadows shaped like people that move along the halls, I catch a glimpse of them in the mirror sometimes too, and on camera. I have even rewound the camera to see if they are still there, and they are. On some nights, you see the shadow of someone go into room 318 over and over on camera, they walk right through the door, then appear again in the hall and do it again, you can clearly see the shape of a person. The camera system is a satellite system, not taped, so please don't ask me to produce these for you, I wouldn't know how to post it if I could! I am not the only one seeing these either. One night , I watched on camera as 2 little girls came out of room 118 and sat down on the carpet playing, and a dark shadow came from around the corner, where room 129 is, I noticed one of the little girls kept looking down that way, towards 129, and she stood up, pulled on the other girls arm and was literally pulling her back into their room, I think she either saw it, or felt it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I sit here right now, listening for any sounds that is unsual, I am not as afraid as I used to be in here, I never go down or near room 129 unless I absolutley have to, which is not often, I am currently seeing a dark shadow in the mirror across the room, and my cameras are on the blink, I didn't notice that until just a moment ago. It is extremely quiet in here. I think I will walk outside and smoke, give the cameras time to straighten up, I somehow always feel safer outside when things are getting weird in here.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ah, the cig was good, but the cameras are still not working.

Just wanted to add this as a note:

This particular property is situated on a much disputed piece of land, since the civil war ended it was said that this hill , which the hotel sits atop of, was the site of a battle in which many men were killed and buried where they died. Now, we have a cemetary here with a large number of graves that contain the remains of civil war soldiers, many were removed from random graves just like the ones that are supposedly right here on this site, and their bodies were taken and honored by ceremonies and placement into the cemetary with all the other known soldiers who died in this area. But for whatever reasons, this site was disputed as an actual battle site, it was not in the records listed as such, and the dispute began. As pavement covered most of the hillside to allow all these businesses in, groups and organizations formed to try to stop the development before finding out if anyone is buried here. It has still not been proven that the entire site was a battle ground, but a small portion of it, at the foot of the hill, was connected to a single soldier's death, and they put a fence around it, and a plaque to honor him, but went on with construction.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I will pick back up on this tommorrow night after 10pm EST. I do hope that some of you can relate your own 'ghost' stories to mine, I would like to know that this is not such an unusual occurance, that others have experienced similar events.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I have even rewound the camera to see if they are still there, and they are.

The camera system is a satellite system, not taped, so please don't ask me to produce these for you, I wouldn't know how to post it if I could!

How are you able to rewind the camera if it is not taped? If the video is able to be "rewound" then that means it is recorded somewhere.

I am extremely familiar with all types of surveillance video systems, however, I have never heard of a "satellite" system. Can you please explain what this is?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Is the hotel surveillance/security system backed up on hd? Hence the reason you do not know how to "copy" it but can rewind it? Basically like a DVR but you do not have access to main drive area where all gets recorded to and for security reasons?

I am not sure what you mean about a sat system other than that. Will be back to read what's been bumping at night there.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't be supirse if the motel or hotel you work is in haunted, or the fact that room 129 is probably haunted by something. If you think about it, ghosts and spirits, seem to gather in certain areas. Especially in places that frequent allot of people, like motels or hotels, parks, theaters and even shopping places. One of the most well documented ghost cast, was in a toys 'r us. What better way to feel undead, then try to constantly be around the living. Maybe whatever that thing is has taken up residential in room 129, man this situation reminds me of that Stephen king movie, room 1408. Besides the two drownings, can you find out how that other person died, and the cause of death. I have this odd feeling it was a violent death, maybe murder? Maybe that's why you keep getting phone calls, Could it be the victim was franticly calling for help before their demise? You work there find out more :-)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

the room called 911 3 more times, the operator at 911 called me and wanted to know who was in that room,

How did the 911 operator know which room the call was coming from? Did you tell them?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Craig, I am told by my general manager that the camera is on satellite, that they are able to view it from any computer or even their cell phone can pick it up when they are in India. I know that there is a large computer component that is located outside of this area, this unit we never mess with under any circumstance. I can go into 'our' camera area, and see up to 27 different veiws, and it will allow me to review (rewind?) up to the last 60 minutes, if no activity occurs in the area the camera is filming, it does not allow you to rewind, apparently it is also motion detectable equipment. No motion, no recording.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Hey Gonon, see my response to Craig above, that is about as well as I can descibe what my access limits are and how it works. Really all I know about the system is that it is state of the art, one of the things that always blows my mind is that it is motion sensored, but sometimes it will record when there is nothing in view that you can see moving.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Procedure is that when an alarm goes off to let you know a room has called 911, you call the room to see if you can get an answer, see what the problem is, in the meantime, 911 automatically calls the hotel to see what room number is calling them, and if I know what the problem is, and who is in that room. They pass that on the the arriving officers. The first two times that 911 called, I was on the other line trying to get through to room 129 myself, I told them it was the maintenance guy, but I didn't know his name. I had to call my hubby who used to work here, and find out his name.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I will be off and on here tonight to check for responses and answer questions, this is a busy night here for me though, the beginning of baseball season and we are the host hotel for our minor league Braves team and their opposing players, they are arriving by the handfulls! On the best side of that, I get to get all my rookie cards autographed! IN between I will be on though.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OK, here is the story about the death that occured in room 129, as told to me by a former security gaurd who worked here at the time of that death, and one of the drownings. He tells me that the general manager at that time relocated from up north to take this position, her son was in college and transferred to a local college here once she was established with her new job and home. He was on drugs, the security officer said he would come up here all messed up and his mother would get very upset with him, take him into her office and raise sand and send him away from the hotel, she seemed very embarrased about her son's behaviour. He wound up getting kicked out of school, no job, and she allowed him to come and stay at the hotel, room 129, and everyone who worked here was seeing a daily battle between her and the son to get him to straighten up and he was spiralling down more each day. He had mood swings, he said the boy would be friendly one hour and a couple of hours later he would be about as nice as a scorpion, he would rant at the housekeepers to do things that were not in there job desciptions and when they complained his mother would loose it! One night he went into his room after a particuarly bad day of arguing with his mother, she had told him to leave the hotel within a week, and he was so upset he knocked a couple of holes in the wall on his way to the room. He didn't come back out and the next morning his mother, unable to get him to answer the phone and wanting to verify that he was not even in the room, used the master key and found him dead, autopsy results proved he died of a lethal mixture of drugs, prescription and coc aine, none of the prescription drugs were his or in containers. The phone had been pulled from the wall.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wow. How amazing this is. I get a feeling that the one making those calls to 911 is the ghost of the guy who who was on drugs. Mabye the phone got pulled from the wall in his effort to try to call 911?

I have stayed in a couple of haunted hotels as a guest, had a couple of experiences. A womans voice whispering my name "scott... scotty". seeing a floating face at the foot of my bed. Hearing footsteps in the hall when I was the only person there. I do mean the only person as even the employees were to afraid to stay there at night. anyway, Im starting to get a little off topic, so back to they point...

Where is this hotel located anyway?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

A lot of people think that when negative events occur it leaves a mark in time, at the location that the negative event occured. I think that from way back during the civil war it began here on this property, along with many other properties in and around the 'historical district', I worked in another location, not a hotel though, that is only a a couple of blocks from here, everyone reported seeing a little girl on the stairs and in the largest part of the building, which was originally an opera house, also a black man and woman ghost had been seen in and around the building by many. After my own little incident one night while tallying the year end inventory , I heard a metallic , gravelly voice telling me to 'leave at once!' and the door swung open beside me, as though someone threw it open to say 'leave'! , by golly, I left too! We googled around and found soemthing called the 'feedman files', a record of freed slaves in this area and their whereabouts after freedom, we found out about a lynching type death of a woman right outside the opera house, and her husband was shot to death in the alley behing it when he came to town and found his wife had been killed he went crazy and started hitting anyone or anything and they shot him. The opera house burned down ,and the daughter of the family who lived there and were caretakers who was living in New Orleans at the time of the fire, she was going to school there and was killed in some type of accident, I think she is who the little girl is.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

North Georgia, above Atlanta. I do not want to mention the exact hotel name, the general manager thinks it would be negative to our interests here to let any of this become public knowledge. Given some of the hints I have given you already in my posts it would not be hard at all to figure out!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Tonights anomaly: a light is going around the corner of the building, I can see it on camera, it almost looks like a headlight, coming around the corner of the building extremley fast, and it rushes right past the camera, still there when I rewind, it is still doing it, about once every 5-6 minutes. I have gone to the breakfast area an physcally looked to see if I see anything, nothing, no light, no cars, no nothing. But on camera, I see it plain as day. It starts very close to the ground then rises up as it comes around the corner of the building, same corner as room 129, also where the entrance to the pool area is from the back side, near that room.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join