It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors from Russia about Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Former New York Governor Mario Cuomo scolded both Houses of Congress last week for approving legislation designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as a "foreign terrorist organization."

During an appearance on MSMBC's Hardball Show with Chris Matthews, Cuomo said his concern is that Congress may again skirt its Constitutional responsbility and give President Bush the authority to start another illegal war.

Although the bill introduced by Republican Jon Kyl and Independent Joseph Lieberman was declared "non-binding," Cuomo suggested that it may have been enough to give Bush a green light for a planned bombing attack on Iran.

During a debate in mid-week, Democratic presidential candidates explained that they believed the resolution merely allows for economic sanctions against Iran. But critics say that putting Iran's elite guard on the terrorist "black list" with Al-Qaeda and Hezbollah is literally a declaration of war, since the Bush Administration is claiming to be conducting a "war on terrorism."

The U.S. government has already escalated financial sanctions against Tehran this year after claiming that Iran is assisting terrorist attacks in Iraq. The Bush Administration also accuses Iran of attempting to use construction of a nuclear power plant as a cover for enrichment of uranium and the attempted development of nuclear weapons. Iran denies the charges.

Cuomo said that during the founding of our country the authors of the U.S. Constitution carefully debated just who should have the authority to declare war against another nation. He said George Washington argued strongly against giving this authority to the president, or any single individual, because he said such a decision would bear too much gravity. The decision was made that Congress alone would have this power.

Thus Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the Constitution, sometimes called the "War Powers Clause," gives Congress the exclusive power to declare war. The president does not, and should not have such power.

Only five wars have ever been declared in American history. These were the War of 1812, the Mexican-American War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II.

The other wars, all of the disasterous in nature, included the American Civil War, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, our adventures in Panama, Lebanon and Afganistan, and the Iraq Wars.

President Abraham Lincoln ordered an attack by Union Forces at Fort Sumpter while Congress was not in session, thus launching the first shots of the Civil War.

When President Truman sent American forces into Korea, he argued that it was a "police action" and that he was acting under constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces. That Truman got away with it prompted America's involvement in Vietnam under the Eisenhower Administration. Both wars ended without the United States achieving victory.

In 1973 Congress passed the War Powers Resolution requiring the president to obtain either a declaration of war or a resolution authorizing the use of force by Congress within 60 days of initiating hostilities. The act has never been tested before the Supreme Court so its constitutionality remains unsettled. Congress passed such a resolution prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Cuomo pointed out that some legal scholars argue that all military action taken without a Congressional declaration of war is unconstitutional. He charged that since World War II, Congress appears to have lacked the spine to take on the responsibilities of declaring war, and has preferred to leave such decisions entirely up to the president.

And that, Cuomo said, is what got us into the mess we now face in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorpiomoon

Please do that and open another threat for those, so we can concentrate to that point of view.

Astrology is always interesting, and widely unknown part of humanity.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, building on the assumption that russia has rumors going around about an attack on iran-i just stumbled across this article.
It seems to me that something is definately brewing, i am not sure however that it will be as soon as predicted because in my eyes, a war on iran isnt really 'sold' yet to the american public. Something would need to happen first, either a false flag in the US, or some HARD flippin' evidence of something in the ME with irans name all over it, true or not.
Heres the article...
en.rian.ru...
seems to be a reliable source from my past readings

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

That correlates with an April 3rd as I heard jcavs88. Is it possible we can get to the point where we swear off war like a puking drunk in a rainy sewer? This is madness. Problem is the Jihad crowd has the same blood madness. The warmongers are all zombies and soul dead already.

All I ever wanted was a simple democracy....

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I really think a false flag operation would have to occur, with Iran clearly labeled as the "bad guy" that needs to be attacked next. A LOT of people have been saying this for a while now...perhaps this is all a big disinformation campaign to keep us away from any real truths. Then again, the facts point to the opposite.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but something is definitely brewing...

[edit on 29-3-2008 by JediK]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by calicutt

dont believe that is find, but this is an open topic we talk about not say take that crap to GLP. Don;t come running back to me when it happends

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Russian rail chief in Iran to discuss electrification

MOSCOW, March 29 (RIA Novosti) - The head of Russian Railways (RZD) will meet with officials in Tehran on Saturday to discuss plans for the electrification of parts of Iran's rail system, the company announced.

Vladimir Yakunin will meet with Iranian Minister of Roads and Transportation Mohammad Rahmati and the head of Iran Railways, Hassan Ziyari.

"The sides will discuss perspectives for bilateral cooperation in rail transport, in particular the electrification of parts of the Iranian rail network," a spokesperson told RIA Novosti.

Rail cooperation between Russia and Iran was discussed during President Vladimir Putin's visit to the country in October last year.

Yakunin visited Tehran in November 2006, and discussed electrification and new rail lines, including building a section of the Kazvin-Resht-Astara line.

This is now headline in Russia... Not sound like a preparations for war to me anymore. Or can we still put that to the picture? Electric railways, yep... I see nothing bad in those. Sounds like natural next step, when they finally begin to produce their own economical electric, with own nuclear plants.

And I hope that US is not bombing those peaceful plants, and they do get those more enviroment friendly traffic structures to Iran. This sounds me like that US is going to very weak in their accusations. But... World is always so interesting to follow. Truth is still out there!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am worried the FARC rebels stash of uranium will get tied to Iran. With the massive naval movements around the ME and the huge Pacific build up I think something is already underway.

Anyone remember all those undersea cable breaks a few months ago. I think someone made a smoking gun.

Now we are supposed to watch for pizza deliveries.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
!

The Saudis are preparing for a possible "nuclear event", ie,
Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant to become operational.
The Israelis have said many times, they will destroy it.
Maybe Bush will do it for them... who knows.

All this is more ominous than many realize.

See my related post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just send that headline from Russian news, but then i look back to other continental. Tones are 100% different...

Bush: US will show Iran who rules

The US claims Iraq success will send a 'clear message' to Iran that it cannot have its way with other countries in the Middle East. “The reason why it's ... important to be successful in Iraq, is because, one, we want to help establish a democracy in the heart of the Middle East, the most volatile region of the world," President George W. Bush said at a White House news conference with visiting Australian Premier Kevin Rudd.

www.prisonplanet.com...

This look like looking from other world to another one. I start to be so confused about this difference... This start to look like a real bad movie, where actors doesnt remember their words, but camera keeps rolling!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
!

Saudi Shura council to discuss plan for sudden radioactive hazards

22 March 2008

RIYADH - The Saudi Shura council will secretly discuss national plans to deal with any sudden nuclear and radioactive hazards that may affect the kingdom following experts’ warnings of possible attacks on Iran’s Bushehr nuclear reactors, media reports said Saturday.

The Saudi-based King Abdul-Aziz City for Science and Technology has prepared a proposal that encapsulates the probabilities of leaking nuclear and radiation hazards in case of any unexpected nuclear attacks in Iran, the Okaz Saudi newspaper said.

The Saudi Shura or consultative council plans to debate the proposal on Sunday.

The power plants in the south-western Iranian port of Bushehr were built with German assistance in 1974 and resumed with Russian aid in 1992, after it had been stopped by the Islamic revolution.

www.khaleejtimes.com.../middleeast/2008/March/middleeast_March340.xml§ion=middleeast&col=

!

I don't know how to fix the URL above ?

Here's another similar article

www.arabnews.com...

!

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Ivanova]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
!

Worried Yet?

Saudis Prepare for "Sudden Nuclear Hazards" After Cheney Visit

www.chris-floyd.com...

Still Not Worried?

Petraeus Blames Iran for Green Zone Attack

baltimorechronicle.com...

Worried Just a Bit?

Bush Launches Economic 'Shock and Awe' on Iran

baltimorechronicle.com...

!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
I really think a false flag operation would have to occur, with Iran clearly labeled as the "bad guy" that needs to be attacked next.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by JediK]

I think you are correct. There is no other way they could pull it off. I just wonder what the sacrificial lamb will be. I would not be happy to be on a carrier or destroyer in the gulf right now. If I had to guess, I would say the only thing large enough and easy enough to tie to Iran would be to sink one of our own ships, or have Israel do it for us (see USS Liberty).

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well, if it pans out I hope Iran has enough tanks to let me do my job for a few days. One of my degrees might be in PoliSci, but I'm not cut out for this nation building stuff. I'm a lot better at killing tanks.

I'd hate to tear up such a beautiful country though. Good food too. And after all that time I spent learning Arabic.....

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteOneActual

I'd hate to tear up such a beautiful country though. Good food too. And after all that time I spent learning Arabic.....

Most Iranians speak Farsi.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

Originally posted by WhiteOneActual

Most Iranians speak Farsi.

What I meant was after all that time I spent learning arabic, I stand a chance of invading a country that speaks farsi. While the two languages may look similar to westerners, they are very distinct. So my vary hard saught after arabic skills may be utterly useless.

Well, ma'a salama for now...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I've been away from the thread today, sorry guys.

but I agree with you

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rangeroftheeast

Yea I do remember seeing those stories last year. I usually don't pay much attention to predictions, but Lew Rockwell caught my eye. If he was pulling his info from other stories it would cited or linked to, and Lew isn't the type of professional to miss up dates on a story either

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

It's pretty clear that all thats happened here is that the same story has been reported again by accident due to lew rockwell seeing one of these articles and maybe not realising it was from 2007 - not 2008.

By accident or by design ?

Do a Google NEWS search using key words: aircraft carrier Persian Gulf
and the top two "news" articles are from 2003 and are about the pending
attack on Iraq !! Methinks the Cosmos is trying to tell us something !

US Steadily Increasing Deployments to Persian Gulf
Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, DC - Mar 28, 2008
Four US carriers are currently on station in the Persian Gulf and Eastern Mediterranean, three of them within striking distance of Iraq. ...

Speculation Swells as Four Carrier Groups Expected in Region by ...
Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, DC - Mar 28, 2008
According to wire reports, the Pentagon has ordered the deployment of two more aircraft carrier battle groups to the Persian Gulf region, a significant move ...

How does that song in Toy Story go ?

Strange things are happening !

There seems to be a disturbance in the Force !

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jcavs88

Can you elaborate?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join