It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The destruction of U.S. cities due to natural disasters... is it a link to prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't know about this but I've been thinking about things that have happened in the U.S. and around the world and noticed something...
Natural disasters have been targeting our cities it seems. I live in the Atlanta area. As most of you know, the heart of Atlanta was hit by a Tornado a few weeks ago causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and 1 death. It got me thinking how this happened. I started to realize this wasn't the first time. Check out this list and if I missed anything, feel free to add to it. If anyone can add prophetic significance to it, that would be great.

1. 9-11-2001) though not a natural disaster, cost NYC and Washington D.C. many lives. These attacks hit 2 major cities.

2. 2004) tsunami ripped through the Phillipines as well as other areas causing the worst natural disaster in modern history.

3. 2005) Hurricain Katrina targeted New Orleans causing the Levees to break, flooding much of the city. This disaster cost many lives and was the worst natural disaster in U.S. History.

4. 2007) Wildfires ripped through southern California in the L.A. and San Diego area causing loss of life and loss of homes on an unpresedented scale.

5. March 2008) F-2 tornado rips through the heart of Downtown Atlanta causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage and 1 death crippling the city. Sites hit: CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena, Suntrust Park Plaza, Georgia World Congress Center, etc. Just a day later, another tornado hit the metro area causing 2 deaths.

I emphasized Atlanta because I live here and it's all over the local news but like I said, you can add to my list and comment your thoughts. I just thought this would be an interesting conversation starter.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I don't see a conection between five random events. But I do see larger than life calamities occuring. I guess I can say I was becoming a little paranoid myself, but today, I s'pose, I just go with it. These types of things have allways occured. Remembering that the population of the the world is on a exponencial growth,remembering that cities around the world are now so dense and huge, and that there is now people spread out all over the world, when a event does occur, more people are now killed or injured then ever before.This will only continue, more and more until finally, an event will happen, that the entire human race won't survive. You can call it prophecy, I call it history, repeating itself. If all american cities were joined together, in a huge city, and located in the middle of nowhere, eventualy, a natural event would happen injuring that huge city. America has cities randomly placed all over, with so many cities, only a small number of events would need to happen to affect a few.I think it was only a couple of years ago that one state in america reported hundreds of tornadoes in only a couple of months, so the bad stuff happens from time to time. As someone told me once...don't sweat the small stuff. But if your interested, I beleive the "HOPI" indians have a little something to say to america, and the world, google it, it shocked the heck out of me!
cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I just thought it was odd because not many natural disasters have targeted our cities before the turn of the century. I also mention this subject because I just finished reading the book, "2008: God's Final Witness" by Ronald Weinland and though I am a skeptic of his book, he mentioned something about the 7 thunders that would occur in America before it's demise and they would range from terrorist attacks to natural disasters. He mentioned 9-11 as being the opening of the 6th seal and the 1st thunder of the 6th seal. He also mentions that Katrina was one of the thunders also. I don't know how true that is but it made me wonder after the Atlanta Tornado happened. I have a feeling the man is blowing smoke up my ass, but I don't draw conclusions until the proof is there that he's a false prophet.

On a side note, Georgia get's an average of 27 tornadoes a year. We are now over 50 and tornado season has just started. We usually never get winter tornadoes and between last year and this year, we have gotten a bunch. I live in the west georgia area along the U.S. Hwy 27. It's a shooting alley for tornadoes. Carrollton, a town just north of where I live and west of Atlanta, has already seen about 7 tornadoes this year. Coweta County, just east of where I live, saw 3 or 4 in the month of January last year. They are happening earlier than ever now.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
One problem you have now that wasn't available just a few years ago was the total amount of live information you have access to at any given moment.

The tidal wave the baby Jesus gave the to the heathens living in South East Asia on his birthday a couple of years ago is a perfect example. If this was back in the 1880's, it may take a year for the information to reach civilization. You have the luxury of seeing the events within hours of happening from the comfort of your living room.

All major cities, not just American cities, are sprawling at a rate never seen before. A bigger city make a bigger target for a weather event.

The one event you didn't list, which I consider even a larger event is almost a non-event. The drought that has your region in a hard grip. Atlanta runs out of water, then what?

Anyway, our modern world allows you to access so much info at will that it just looks like more events are occurring. Weather records are made to be broken. Humans haven't kept weather records for that long of a time period with accurate instruments.

As a final note: it always bemuses me when anyone specifically mentions the USA in specific in books about fulfilling prophecies. You need to look beyond the words and see if the author just wants Americans dead or suffering. The New World and America specifically, weren't even known when many historical prophets made their historic claims to future events. Only later authors or historians put place names on the wording or oral tradition of the prophets. Many of these individuals had political reasons for their interpretations.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The reason so many people refer to the U.S. in bible prophecy is because the U.S., Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and other Northwest European Countries are considered to be home to the lost ten tribes of Israel. The country of Israel right now is just a modern-day Judea because it's controlled by the Jews. If you look at the separate covenant given to Joseph by God in Genesis and link that to the fact that Joseph's two sons, Mannasseh and Ephairm, (which are the two sub-tribes of Israel after Jacob adopted them) are actually the U.S. and Great Britain. You will see that there is great significance with the U.S. in prophecy.

www.ucg.org...

Read this and see why I specify the U.S. I'm not ruleing out other countries either, but one thing that is comeing to the U.S. is their demise in the end time. I can see in the near future the great quake of the New Madrid Fault which will cause St. Louis and Memphis to be destroyed as well as destruction in the Cincinnati/Columbus area. These are the labor pains in Revelation. Other areas of the world are seeing war and famines while we are seeing financial collapse and natural disasters. Is it true? I don't know, but from my view there is something major taking place in this country.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Locoman8.... keep watching for the signs you're already recognizing. They are all around us and increasing with each passing day. There's much, much, much more than you've even mentioned in this thread. That's only the tip of the iceberg. May Father bless you and guide you to Truth. Amen.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the prayer. I just want people to open their eyes and see that our sinful ways are comeing to an end very shortly. If you are blind to the fact, then the lord will come like a thief in the night. Those of us with our eyes open and sober will know what to look for and when to expect things to happen. It's all written down in greek, hebrew, english, latin, and any other language you can think of. It's the most popular book in the world. It is, the HOLY BIBLE.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LADIES, GENTLEMEN, and HERMAPHRODITES! I have news since posting this thread. It seems to me that some of my own predictions are unfolding. I'm not calling myself a prophet but putting 2 and 2 together gave me insight at what may happen. A few posts ago I mentioned the great quake of the New Madrid fault... well guess what? A 5.4 hit the southern Illinois area on April 18. That may not be a major but it is a moderate quake and was felt by all surrounding states. History has shown that the New Madrid fault quakes in a series of tremors. In 1811-1812, for about a month, the eastern half of the country was rocked by a series of 3 quakes of 7 magnitude or higher and hundreds of strong tremors in between. What does this tell us? The 5.4 that hit last week is only the beginning. Also, the Hampton Roads area was hit by a series of twisters yesterday and if you guys know about the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area, it is very densely populated and is not known at all for tornadoes, unless produced by hurricains. Also, California is on fire again. what's next? I'm betting Yellowstone. Insight anyone?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I personally am thinking that the first big event we'll see is a catastrophic earthquake on the West Coast and possibly an eruption or two, or three....

It's funny because I remember thinking to myself early last year, "America today sure reminds me of the decline of Rome." How sad is that?

I think we'll continue to see bigger problems play out for the U.S. We've been protected for a long time. Not so anymore...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Our protection was due to the fact that we are of the lost 10 tribes of Israel. Which tribe you ask? Manasseh is the name and Joseph was the father of Manasseh and Ephairim. Ephairim is Great Britain. The other lost tribes are located in the Northwest Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zeiland, etc. We as one of the sons of Joseph, were given a separate covenant with God in Genesis in the fact that we would be the most prosperous nation the world has ever seen but would see our demise just before the return of Christ. I believe in what you're saying in the fact that we are in the midst of our own downfall starting with the economy. I see quakes and eruptions on the west coast too but not before the great quake of the New Madrid fault which is happening before our eyes. I think Yellowstone will pop and cause half the country to be destroyed. I feel nuclear attacks comeing upon our major cities also. If only Ron Paul could have been our president, maybe a stock market crash wouldn't have to take place but instead we have 3 candidates that will only bankrupt our country and cause us to be enslaved by the European Union (New Roman Empire).

top topics

join