It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jackinthebox got jacked-up by the police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
as I had been drinking a bit and was armed.

I think that's all that needs to be said. This is why the liberals hate all gun owners. When you decide to arm yourself you had better hold yourself to a higher standard.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Were you actually a Police Officer or were you a civilian security guard or similar?

Ah ha! Nothing gets by some of us here on ATS. As you may have seen in the post I just made, that I was indeed privately contracted with the state. I should not have to add for those in-the-know that police officers are not the only ones who risk life and limb to serve the public interest in various capacities directly realted to law-enforcement and keeping the peace.

Did you or your friends or someone who was partying with you break your neighbors window?

Honestly, that really has no direct bearing on this particular incident as it had developed, but whatever knowledge that exists regarding the breaking of the window has already been relayed to the prosecutor.

[edit on 3/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Verhasst

I think that's all that needs to be said. This is why the liberals hate all gun owners. When you decide to arm yourself you had better hold yourself to a higher standard.

Let's not forget that I was in my own home, and was not going anywhere for the night.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I respect the fact that you were in your own house. I just think you should have left the part about being armed out of your story. My point is the anti-gun liberal Obama supporters eat this stuff right up. They love to put us gun owners in a bad light.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I consider you a friend Jack and I strongly suggest you take them to the mat. Alex, local TV perhaps national. If you don't expose these officers behavior their department will likely protect them and worse, this same fate will befall someone else. The onus is on you to protect your fellow citizens from these types of abuses.

No matter what Jack, I consider you a friend.

do the right thing, stop this from happening to someone else.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Obviously, I am appalled at the events as you described them. You have my sympathy, though I do consider that you did in some way, exacerbate the situation. However, LEOs are there to protect the public not attack them.

Having read what you have said and appreciating that you need to do what's best for you and your family - Do you want to:
A. Make a political statement?
B. Put this all behind you and get on with your life in a normal fashion?
C. Get some revenge?
D. Do what you consider is your duty as a citizen?
E. Still not sure?

Have you discussed this with your family? If so, what are their conclusions?

Is there anything you're not telling us that could affect the outcome?

Your decision will determine what actions you should or should not take.

Best wishes

Myrdyn

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Verhasst

I respect the fact that you were in your own house. I just think you should have left the part about being armed out of your story. My point is the anti-gun liberal Obama supporters eat this stuff right up. They love to put us gun owners in a bad light.

I can see where you are coming from, but you are leaving out one very important fact. I am not guilty of anything. I added it to the story for the same reason that I did it in the first place, to show that I was docile and cooperative from the start.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Whether it matters to you or not, I'm furious on your behalf.

No one can be compelled to incriminate themselves so you don't have to worry about posting here (just remember to stay anonymous).

By virtue of the same anonymity I can state - while not a member of the bar - I know a thing or two about civil rights and the law (make from that what you will). I think it fair to tell you that your case is not a guaranteed win, despite the photographic evidence.

This seems to me to be a classic 'settlement case'. If you pursue legal confrontation you may find the local justice unwilling to 'be reasonable' regarding your posturing with the officers in question. This is an ugly incident all-around so it would behoove the department to avoid have it on public record.

Anyway, you seem bright enough to be able to assess the situation as it develops. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Having read what you have said and appreciating that you need to do what's best for you and your family - Do you want to:

I think I would have to pick "E. Still not sure" at present. I have already decided not to sue, and stand by that decision. I am not interested in bringing national attention to this case either for many reasons. However, I do think that once this case is done, I will be taking a more active role in local politics so that the truth of these events come to light throughout the town and appropriate corrective measures be taken accordingly.

Have you discussed this with your family? If so, what are their conclusions?

They are very afraid. Political scandals around here quite literally lead to bodies in the river.

Is there anything you're not telling us that could affect the outcome?

Not in the sense of which I believe you framed your question. I have already said that I must omit some details here, but nothing along the lines of "oh, and by the way, I also had a big bag of crack on me."

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I really would like to use this to make a political statement. As you know, I am intolerable of these sort of incidents and worse that are happening in our country everyday.

I just hope you can understand what I have just written in a reply to another member just moments ago, along those lines.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You situation was completely uncalled for. The few bad cops sully the name of so many of the good ones. I would say i can believe the way they treated you but this kind of abuse on citizens has become more frequent than necessary. Sue the hell out of them

Although one thing I don't quite understand is on one of your other threads you stated you lived in your car, and now you state that you don't live in your car. You stated how poor you were and now I find out that you were a boy in blue, so to me that would make you not as poor as you made yourself out to be.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think it fair to tell you that your case is not a guaranteed win, despite the photographic evidence.

Agreed indeed. You may have noticed in an earlier post that I mentioned something about knowing better than to fight battles that cannot be won.

I thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

Although one thing I don't quite understand is on one of your other threads you stated you lived in your car, and now you state that you don't live in your car. You stated how poor you were and now I find out that you were a boy in blue, so to me that would make you not as poor as you made yourself out to be.

I lost my apartment not long after this incident. I live out of my car now, but also stay other places whenever I can.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Stumpy1

I lost my apartment not long after this incident. I live out of my car now, but also stay other places whenever I can.

How is it that you have internet access and a computer in your car.....You sure are on a lot. I don't know whether or not I should believe you.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i would have to wonder why its taken a year for such a minor case.

"you have the right to a speedy trial"

last time i checked, i wouldnt consider a year to be speedy for such a minor thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

How is it that you have internet access and a computer in your car.....You sure are on a lot. I don't know whether or not I should believe you.

Sometimes. If I can borrow a laptop. My cousin has been letting me borrow his old one a lot lately, but he keeps wanting it back hoping that I will buy it from him. I wish I could actually. There are a few other places where I can sit up all night using the computer too. I used to use the libarary for a while too, but not so much anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Good point. One I had not thought of either. I wonder what the precedent would be for that.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hey jack. This is outrageous! I am sorry that this happened to you. I hope you get the results you are looking for out of this nightmare scenario. This excessive force has to be stopped.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hey jack, still hangin out at the library hoggin' up the PC I see.
Don't be so greedy, why don't you let others use the PC for a change?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Did you have anything of value to add to this thread, or are you just spreading more ignorance around?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join