It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jackinthebox got jacked-up by the police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well I understand not making everyone else in the town suffer if you sue but will your town truely be affected by the case? All I pay at the moment is state and federal tax, there is no "town" tax and I don't quite see how you would be hurting the town by sueing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I usually don't post much at all, just an avid reader...but I had to say something, b/c this just hit me the wrong way.

Regardless of whether he was drunk/rowdy/etc..... and put his handgun/nunchuckus/whatever away.... There is NO reason for an American citizen to be treated like this without it being an absolute last resort.

Kops with tasers AND attitudes, there seems to be a lot of them, everywhere you go.

Here's a bright bulb for ya, I was at this local bar once, and this city cop just for no reason starting giving this guy an attitude, I mean..to the point of having his taser in his hand saying "get out of hand, I'll show you what happens..."

Well, Long story short, the guy hadn't done ANYTHING (I mean, really, ANYTHING) wrong... so when cop says that to him...he dead stops....calmly looks at cop and says (country accent /on) "buddy, if you plan on shooting me with anything, if you know what is good for you, it will be your pistol, b/c if you shoot me with that bug zapper of yours..you better pray I never wake up, b/c I will find your mom/dad/children/etc, and I will be the LAST thing all of you see.....you get the drift....

Cop didn't have much to say.

I have no problem with PEACE officers. But, I honestly am glad I am not the one in jack's situation, b/c I would be in a heck of a lot more trouble by now.

Good luck, man. If you are truly innocent (not for me to judge), then karma will take care of you one way or another.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ehhh mate... S...t happens. Especially when you are dealing with the police. I live in different country but they are always same. Most of them are idiots that couldnt find normal job or are sick from power that was given to them. Only 5-10% in most countries are cops (or dogs, pigs, depends of the country how to call them
) that actually do their job and do it good, rest of them... you know.
They are needed to catch pedophiles and other criminals but their main job is to protect system, just like in middle ages. Now they have tasers not halberds so thats only good thing.

I dont like them, but im not criminal, weed and sometimes something stupid maybe some bar fights thats all what i do against the "law".
Best police i ever saw is in Holland, pretty normal ppl. Maybe because they smoke too...

What they did to you is wrong but normal, usual... And you know what? Good that they kicked your a.. because you were one of them some time ago...

Good luck in court mate.
And one more thing, i dont know how it is in america but you will never win with them, and if you win-they never forgive you. They will try to catch you on smallest things...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So you were drunk, armed, and making fun of the cops. This is the exact problem with losers that complain about brutality.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater
So you were drunk, armed, and making fun of the cops. This is the exact problem with losers that complain about brutality.

Please pardon my ignorance, but he was on his OWN property. Exactly which law in your jurisdiction makes this illegal? Please, expound for us, and educate us all.

Which law in your jurisdiction makes it illegal to be drunk (if he even was) on HIS property, armed on HIS property, and making fun of the police.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I'll pardon your ignorance. Stupid is stupid, no matter where you are. With your logic, I could sit on my front porch with a rifle and take pot shots at people walking by. "but judge, I was on my property".

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious to me at least that jackinthebox is not giving us all the details. From one question that he skirted around, someone in his house probably broke the window. Also, why in the world would the cops taze you over 10 times if you were just laying there not resisting at all? Did they just get a new tazer and want to test it out?

Come on man, tell us the whole story or dont tell it at all, because it is pretty clear to me that you are not giving both sides of the story.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Blaine91555

Did you or your friends or someone who was partying with you break your neighbors window?

Honestly, that really has no direct bearing on this particular incident as it had developed, but whatever knowledge that exists regarding the breaking of the window has already been relayed to the prosecutor.
[edit on 3/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

I was forced to do some work, so I did not see your answer until now. You would make a great politician Jack. Spin is indeed a tool in your tool-chest. Good luck with this and I hope it all comes out well and as it should in the end.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

The 90-day window to file a Notice of Claim has expired.

Out of all the lawyers I called, only one would even talk to me about it. His advice was about what I expected. No broken bones, no case. The only way I would have a leg to stand on in a civil suit, would be if I was completely exonerated at trial, which he predicted would not happen and does not happen for that very reason in cases like these. Innocent or not, I have never seen anyone beat a charge like this.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Okay, just let me write down the report into my file.

There, done.

Oh wait - are you saying you want to do something about it?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Ah, I see. I was under the impression you and your buds were hanging on the porch kicking back some suds.

We had the front door wide open. It was a nice night. The porch is small though, not like a nice deck to set out chairs on or anything.

I know this sounds woosy, but I have gotten out of more than one jam by being as humble and respectful as possible to peace officers as opposed to asking them if Andy gave them any bullets that day.

It's good advice to be as respectful as possible, and exactly what I did until they made it clear that one way or another this was not going to be my night.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtonwater

If someone was drunk, armed, and making fun of you on their own property, and you attacked them with a weapon, we would be discussing a justifiable homicide.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtonwater

With your logic, I could sit on my front porch with a rifle and take pot shots at people walking by.

Since when is carrying a weapon the same as taking "pot-shots" at people walking by? :shk:

I fail to see any logic in your analogy.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Also, why in the world would the cops taze you over 10 times if you were just laying there not resisting at all?

This is precisely the question I intend to ask them when this case is finished.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Regarding "the window." If the police had bothered to investigate properly, they would have found that the occurrence lacked the element which would have constituted a criminal act.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Thanks for casting some more light on this story with us jack.

Hope things work out for you.

I know it can be tough to go after dirty cops in a small town, from personal experience.

If you were to "win" you'd be marked for persecution from that day forward, for as long as you remained in that community.

Living out of your car (also been there done that, in fact; I'm one smart remark from being there again, right now, although, in the past, it was often a choice I made rather than something forced upon me) makes you an easier target for the "boys in blue."

It's one thing for them to come to your door to harass you, it's another thing entirely and so much easier for them to just pull you over for a "broken headlight" every time they see you, know what I mean?

Hang in there man, and best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

It's one thing for them to come to your door to harass you, it's another thing entirely and so much easier for them to just pull you over for a "broken headlight" every time they see you, know what I mean?

Or when you're parked on a dark street hacking a signal to get your ATS fix!

Hang in there man, and best of luck to you.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I got rousted one night reading the paper by the outdoor lights of the 24hr fitness center.

I used to park in their lot overnight to sleep and it was a hop, skip, and a jump to get up, go in and shower, feed and walk my pups (imagine living in a '96 Ford Ranger with two dogs!) and then get to class on time in the morning.

The officer was cool though.

When I explained that I was living in my pickup so I could afford to go to school, he just recorded my information and basically said he'd look the other way, since it wasn't "legal" to camp on the streets in San Jose.

It kind of felt like he was looking out for me, you know?

I kept a low profile, and spent eight months on the streets until I found an artist's loft in a converted cannery, only paid $450 for it, and this was at the peak of the dot com boom!

There are good cops out there, and if you follow the golden rule, you're more likely to see their "good side," than their bad.

BTW, good luck with the new job, can't keep a good man down forever.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
It's good advice to be as respectful as possible, and exactly what I did until they made it clear that one way or another this was not going to be my night.

Did they make this clear to you before or after you made wise cracks to them? You all did nothing whatsoever to attract any attention to yourselves by the cops? They came up to your porch, told you this wasn't gonna be your night, and THEN you made the remark? If this is the situation, it sounds like you have a pretty good case. If it's not, then it's not quite as cut and dry.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Did they make this clear to you before or after you made wise cracks to them?

Before. My comment was not so much a "wise-crack" anyway, as it was a rebuke of their threats.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join