It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

younger generation believers...with experiences

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cometa

Cometa, about the voices. You asked if someone experieced it too.
Well, like i said last night, when im sleep-paralyzed i hear 3 or 4 sentences of a conversation. The topics are spiritual but i never understand it. The language is english while my first language is dutch. thats what i find so freaky. If i made it up myself, wouldnt they speak dutch?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that this thread has been a source of comfort and solidarity for a lot of people with similar or at least similarly unusual experiences. It would be sad if, at the first sign of dissent or contrary debate, we began to lose that sense of positivity and kinship, if I may venture to call it by those names.

Do we know for certain what we have experienced? I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't. I can only rely on intuition and speculation; I can only trust my feelings. That isn't knowledge so much as belief, though. So, I am open to people's alternative explanations, hypotheses, and yes, even attempts at debunking, because it keeps us honest in my opinion.

That said, if we truly believe something has happened to us, then such challenges should be, in my opinion, met with both an open mind and a resolute determination to take what we can from it in the hope that they will do the same, in the same spirit of reciprocity and openness.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

I had that too, I woke up with nose bleeds all the time as a kid, they did happen sometimes spontaneously during the day, but most of the time I'd wake up with that metallic smell (iron?) in my nose and the tickle of blood.

I was always told the skin in my nose was too thin and that the blood vessels broke easily. Isn't that common for kids? I always thought it was but never really asked around.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
why is it you've got nothing to gain only to loose when relating personal stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThemacX
why is it you've got nothing to gain only to loose when relating personal stuff.

Because the personal stuff is who you are... It is who you are built around... yourself. I cannot believe that it is always true but in todays society it will probably be more of a statisitical probability that it will be to lose. Nobody can stand someone else learning more about who they are anymore... WHY be distracted? Accept it and continue learning. You feel the way you do for a reason.... find out why.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poisonmekare

I had that too, I woke up with nose bleeds all the time as a kid, they did happen sometimes spontaneously during the day, but most of the time I'd wake up with that metallic smell (iron?) in my nose and the tickle of blood.

I was always told the skin in my nose was too thin and that the blood vessels broke easily. Isn't that common for kids? I always thought it was but never really asked around.

Oh - maybe there's a connection here? This is an earlier post that I wrote about strange things that happened in childhood....

posted on 6-3-2008 @ 12:18 PM

At the age of 6-7, I could fly down the stairs in our home. I can still clearly remember the sensation. I landed on my feet with a thud each time but found I couldn't do it again after my parents asked me what I was doing and please would I stop.

This was during the time that I was having a recurring 'nightmare' which went on for about a year; I was a witch on a broomstick flying over very tall buildings that were on fire. As a young child, I had never seen 'skyscrapers' but years later, I recognised this scene as the twin towers. I was also having nosebleeds for this year which our doctor could not explain.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I'm also open to alternative explanations. Like I said I can't prove what I saw, and for many of us these things happened in dreams. Or at least that we were dreaming while things were happening to us? Who can say unless they were hiding in the closet with a video cam. Maybe I ate too many sweets that night and gave myself a nightmare lol. I can't really verify my experiences, I can only try to make sense of them and share them and see if others can make sense of them as well. We find the similarities and see where it takes us, if anywhere.

We aren't left with solid proof, just experiences. I would honestly PREFER that I was simply crazy. I don't find any of it to be pleasant. Maybe if they were imaginary I could talk myself out of having them. I just get the sense that there's more to it than imagination though. there's just too many sane normal people who have experiences like this or who see UFOs, especially mass sightings.

I'd love to hear an alternative explanation, but I've yet to really hear one that feels right.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
Me? Nah... Bland life here. Hasn't stopped me being interested in all of this craziness though. I have to admit I find a lot of the claims in this thread hard to believe, based on the fact that they're impossble to prove/disprove.

I guess that's the case with a lot of these sorta conspiracies and such though... It's a shame because I can't really believe them despite how much they interest me.

I guess the only supernatural stuff I encountered ever was some wierd lights in the sky that were REALLY bright but disappeared rapidly, nobody else seemed to see it. My mother tried to 'train' me to have ESP too, or something like that, I guess she was into the supernatural although I guess I didn't realise it until recently.

Err... Well whenever I think of a Simpsons joke the episode containing it seems to be on the day or two after without fail? But perhaps that's down to repeats and a string of luck. :p Even if I can predict that sorta thing somehow, what a lame use for it!

[edit on 26/3/08 by Duality]

Well they arent really conspiracy's cause it all happend to us, we went trough it.

I dont want to prove it or whatever, i guess we all dont matter if people belive us or not.
Whats so great about this thread is is the fact that there are people that experienced exactly or almost exact the same things.

It really freaks me out.

And im not even talking about our personality's here, because even they are so much alike. And what about our beliefs, our value of things and behaviour, thats all more or less the same too.

Overwhelming, really. To put it simple, its like we are all one and the same person.. weve experienced the same things, we dream the same things, our behaviour is the same, damn...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Originally posted by Duality
Me? Nah... Bland life here. Hasn't stopped me being interested in all of this craziness though. I have to admit I find a lot of the claims in this thread hard to believe, based on the fact that they're impossble to prove/disprove.

I guess that's the case with a lot of these sorta conspiracies and such though... It's a shame because I can't really believe them despite how much they interest me.

I guess the only supernatural stuff I encountered ever was some wierd lights in the sky that were REALLY bright but disappeared rapidly, nobody else seemed to see it. My mother tried to 'train' me to have ESP too, or something like that, I guess she was into the supernatural although I guess I didn't realise it until recently.

Err... Well whenever I think of a Simpsons joke the episode containing it seems to be on the day or two after without fail? But perhaps that's down to repeats and a string of luck. :p Even if I can predict that sorta thing somehow, what a lame use for it!

[edit on 26/3/08 by Duality]

Well they arent really conspiracy's cause it all happend to us, we went trough it.

I dont want to prove it or whatever, i guess we all dont matter if people belive us or not.
Whats so great about this thread is is the fact that there are people that experienced exactly or almost exact the same things.

It really freaks me out.

And im not even talking about our personality's here, because even they are so much alike. And what about our beliefs, our value of things and behaviour, thats all more or less the same too.

Overwhelming, really. To put it simple, its like we are all one and the same person.. weve experienced the same things, we dream the same things, our behaviour is the same, damn...

I beg to differ Theneaderthals sp.?

We may be similar in some aspects but we are all different in others. We all have different takes on this but similar links. Do no confuse all of the above because While we all share the same similarities... there is a link somwhere... it does not make us one... but perhaps the objective is to unite? who knows.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hi.... no im not religious, never have been....... and that slider thing fits me well, when i lived in spain, the workers in the internet cafe would sigh when i walked in, as all the computers would go haywire when i arrived! its also a running joke in my family, not to let me near t.v's, dvd players, microwaves etc!

Well thats actually something ive been unable to understand about myself for years now.
Im not religious at all, never have been, yet i do belive in a god, i do believe in heaven, angels...
OK, i dont believe in it like the bible says it, because i think God has to do with energy, heaven with some other dimension and angels i think are aliens, but still, where does that belief come from. Why do i belive in heaven whilst im no religious person at all and have no proof of the existence... I never understood that, i gues im just a hell of a strange boy.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poisonmekare

I was mainly trying to help another poster not feel discouraged or saddened by the other thread. I completely sympathize with you. Like you, I wish I could just explain away my experiences and get on with "normal" life. Having such a mystery hanging over my head, perpetually kicking around in the back of my mind, makes it difficult - nigh impossible at times - to just live without curiosity and perplexity driving me a bit batty. I have a deep, abiding need to know what's going on. I can explain away almost everything I've experienced - but not several of my mother's experiences, and not the shared "dream" we had about a place we had never been but described in exact detail before going to it. Even the alternatives people have given me are paranormal - from remote viewing to some sort of psychic attack perpetrated against us. The abduction phenomenon almost seems more sensible in comparison to my thinking, but who knows?

I can only hope that one day we will all understand. I have to believe we will, because the alternative is tough to bear.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Originally posted by ThemacX

Because the personal stuff is who you are... It is who you are built around... yourself. I cannot believe that it is always true but in todays society it will probably be more of a statisitical probability that it will be to lose. Nobody can stand someone else learning more about who they are anymore... WHY be distracted? Accept it and continue learning. You feel the way you do for a reason.... find out why.

hmm I think it's the kind of humanity i so dislike... people who think they're open minded but are not. I don't need proof for what has happened to me, friends that where there and saw ufo's to are my proof of being sane... as for proof of being abducted I think the simple fact that by now many many people have had the same expirience is proof enough of something going on. It should be clear by now that they are kept in the dark themselves, the only thing i can remember is what happened before and after, so how am I supposed to proof anything? I'm happy I found some people that have the same disorder

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThemacX

Sorry for 1 liner...

Good Point... maybe

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
myself personally have never seen a ufo, i always wanted too, when i was younger i used to stand out in my backyard for hours and yell at the sky.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkmaninperth

A question from me here. How intelligent do you posters here think you are?

I am very intelligent. I dont want to sound arrogant but had the most highly education we can get in holland. My parents putted my, as a child through some tests, which i was very mad about because they were total nonsense, but later on i heard it was recommended by my teacher to see if i was high-gifted, had something to do with IQ.

Did you maybe feel that you were more intelligent than others when you were young?

Always, i was always by far the best student of all the classes i were in and i noticed at early age that people with same age never could discuss serious topics. They just werent able, so thats why later i only had friends that were much older like i told yesterday.

How easy or difficult was school for you?

Very easy. Thing is, school bored me, i thought of it as total nonsense and totally not imported. I didnt attended classes much because it just wasnt challenging enough and when i was i wasnt showing my best behaviour which got me kicked out of a lot of schools.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

same here.. always got in trouble with the teachers.. never agreed with them
now that I'm older I'm glad i didn't. Don't know what my IQ is, but i do see allot stupid people.. being a designer and in advertising I'm sad to say that exactly how "they" like you to be in our industry and many others. No worries I'm not into commercial stuff anymore, been there, done that, hate it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Now you mention it, it didnt have that stuff you experienced when waking up, but when i was three years old i ALWAYS had a bloodnose (dont know if thats the right word, just blood coming outta my nose) when waking up, every single day untill i wass like 8 or 9 years old.

With all of us coming together here and all of us telling almost exactly the same experiences/dreams, there is something much much bigger at stake, and i really feel WE must figure out what it is.

I don't experience the dreams that I use to. But as a kid I would experience the same dream over and over.

I would be laying in bed, and the walls would just expand outwards and upwards. I became the center of the room. My head would be filled with what I would describe 'noise'. Imagine hearing really loud music, but not having it go through your ears. This is the dream that I use to always have.

Of course I had the standard nose bleeds, which I wrote off as putting my finger in it too much. But I always heard a ringing in my ears when I slept. This I blamed on a ear infection. One that I never had. But what was strange about my ear ringing, was that I felt like I could turn it on or off. If I was laying there half asleep I could hear it, but as soon as I started to wake up it shut off. It would kick in right before I fell asleep. Which I still can't really come up with an logical explanation.

All of this has stopped, I still get nose bleeds when I sleep. But I don't have the same dream anymore. Which I am very happy for.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i never was the perfect student even up to this day. i never did my homework because it was boring. but i could take test without even thinking about it till the test. i was in only one "gifted" class however, because of homework. that class was easy (french), but it was still boring. i dont go alot to school because its just boring. seems like there are more and more simalarities, though,between us all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow cosmicstorm!

What a catalyzing effect your post has had on so many younger people. Thank you for having the courage to speak your truth! Obviously, from all the responses, there are many of us out here feeling very similar to you. I believe that the consciousness of the planet is rising tremendously right now and that yours and all the subsequent amazing posts are proof of that. What a relief it is for me to know that there are other younger people all over the world like you.

I am 29 and can relate exactly to most of what you said. You are most definitely not crazy! I have a couple questionable childhood experiences that I cannot discern the reality of. I wonder if they were real, just dreams, or somewhere in between, possibly an abduction or manipulation of my astral body. Anyway, I believe intuition is the best guide we have for deciding what is true for us and the bottom line is our perception is our reality.

I can also relate to what you said about a lack of relationships and feeling so different from your peers. I've experienced it from a man's point of view, but I'm sure there are more similarities than differences. And yeah, people have definitely looked at me strangely before as well lol!

Like you, I also feel like I chose to be on this planet during these times for a big reason. I would guess that most of the people who responded to your post also feel this way. I don't think it's any accident that we all ended up looking at your post, how timely it all seems. I've just within the past couple years started getting pieces of what I'm here to do. I think the people of this planet are starting to gain perspective of the context into which our existence fits with all that is. We are not "alone" and never have been. It will be intriguing to see how the next few years unfold.

It was so exciting to read yours and all the other posts, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Thanks to all who shared, I will honestly sleep better tonight knowing you're out there! Can't wait to chat back and forth.

Namaste,

janglerock

[edit on 26-3-2008 by janglerock]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Every one of you know what is what with you.

A dream you will forget in time but recalled experiences are with you forever.

I read the other thread and I thought it was an insult toward each and everyone of you in this thread.

Back in my days we stayed quite just because of the words we were called for speaking out. The best advice I can give you is, do not allow the name references toward you to continue. It is time that you have faith/confidence in yourself and stand tall.

I have no doubt in my mind you are all special and the day will come when others will admit they were way wrong.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by observe50]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join