It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama - The Rise of a Great Man?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are we witnessing the rise of the Greatest man of our life time?
I mean great like Lincoln, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, Jefferson, Wilson, Monroe or Adams.

Is this history in the making, right in front of our eye's?

Imo this guy seems almost to good to be true.

He doesn't run around throwing out keywords like your average politician to solve a problem but rather confronts problem's head on instead of waiting for them to fade away.
He isnt scared to face issues.

He didn't throw his pastor under the bus, instead he embraces him and stands by him even though he disagreed with the remarks he has made.
Is that great or what?

He is a mixture of a true American. He is not for the white, black, latino or asia, instead he is for America. To me it see's like im witnessing the rise of a very great man.

I think the speach he gave in Philadelphia was brilliant.

My vote is for Obama.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
He didn't throw his pastor under the bus, instead he embraces him and stands by him even though he disagreed with the remarks he has made.
Is that great or what?

Nah, he didn't throw his pastor under a bus, but he sure did throw Grandma under one when he said she was a racist.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

As I have stated many times in many threads on ATS, I think Obama is the real deal.

I whole-heartedly agree with many of the OP's impressions. I wasn't expecting to like/vote for Obama but I do and I will. He just keeps getting better and better. And no, he is not the anti-Christ. He's just authentic and, most importantly, he rejects Boomer politics and propaganda.

And to the poster above. My Grandpa is a racist but I still love him - can't bring him anywhere but I still love him - and I tell him he is a racist.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I think your wrong, I dont think he called anyone in particular a racist but rather everyone.

He was brave enough to tell the truth about the anger that is in all of us, Black or White.

Thats one of the things I think is great about him, he confronts the race issue instead of adding to the flame and moving on.

Kinda like your post.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother -- a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe. These people are a part of me. And they are a part of America, this country that I love," said Obama.

Hmmmmm....."On more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe"

He was a member of Wrights church when Wright was saying that AIDS was invented by the white man to kill off blacks. Nice guy. Obama would have impressed me if he got up and challenged him when he was spewing that garbage instead of just sitting there for 20 years.

Now, I wonder what would have happened if McCain had David Duke as an advisor on his staff???

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I disagree with Obama on just about every major issue, but I think he is, at his core, a good person. That's more than I can say about the other two remaining potential candidates. I would personally rather have a good person who I disagreed with in the office than a bad person that I tended to agree with.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Are we witnessing the rise of the Greatest man of our life time?

I think he is just what the world needs right now. He is a truly inspirational leader, in the mold of JFK at the very least.

I like how he reaches for the higher ground.

I like how he is inclusive of race, religion and gender. I like how he relates to the world outside USA and challenges Americans to unite.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have no doubt that he will be remembered, whether he wins this election or not. It is definitely a benchmark in USA history. It will quite reflected upon historians.

As far as Obama's detractors -- it is difficult to remember this -- but JFK was really disliked during his time. It was only after his assassination that all the complaints stopped.

I am watching this thread carefully, by Vagabond:

Obama: Dead Man Walking?

Please take a look -- there is a lot of disturbing prescience in that thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I sincere wish he is.

American people deserve a great leader to protect your ideology and make the country healthy again.

Hopefully USA can win back the lost respect from other nations again in the near future.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Can I ask, besides being a good speaker, what makes him so great? Can I also ask, what has he accomplished in office that makes him a viable candidate for President?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xander68

*plays along*

Uhm... He's Black and he talks like a wrestler?

Uhm...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Personally I see Obama as nothing more then a Fad.

Hes "new" and hes the "under dog" but as far as his stances on topics, hes nothing new.. for him to be President he would be the lamest of lame ducks..

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Obama is a good orator. So was Hitler, so it means nothing. Honestly, I'd go for Hilary. They are both corrupt, but better the devil you know... and I think she wants to make her mark in history as the president who created the US national health care system.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Neiby said it very well.

I have disagreed with Obama's politics many times. He does lean to the left quite far. But so does Hillary, and I firmly believe she wouldn't know character if it walked up and slapped her in the face.

John McCain placed his name on some of the most outrageous liberal legislation I have seen in the last few years, including an amnesty bill that would have turned the US into Mexico North. Now, suddenly he's a 'proud conservative', and the great white hope of the Republicrat party... or is that the Demopublicans? I forget....

When Bill Clinton was asked if he ever smoked pot, his reply was "Yeah, but I didn't inhale, haha". Haha, indeed! When it came out that Obama had used coc aine, his reply was something to the effect of "Yes, but that was a long time ago and is irrelevant." He admitted it and went on! Honesty!

Hillary wants to provide health insurance for everyone, that covers everything. That, translated, means she wants to pass a law requiring everyone to buy it. Obama wants to make it affordable so people CAN buy it. Big difference. And, of course, McCain will go along with whatever the ruling party wants.

I like Obama. I think he has character, and he has style. I heard his speech,and I thought it was elegant and honest, and it addressed one of the most divisive problems we have - the continuing racism war. He didn't throw anyone under the bus; he explained the situation and his position. I think Grandma was probably smiling broadly when she heard it... I know I would have been.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Yes, Hitler has now ruined it for any person who might be a good speaker.

C'mon, why use Hitler? How about FDR, or Lincoln, or JFK?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
He didn't throw anyone under the bus; he explained the situation and his position. I think Grandma was probably smiling broadly when she heard it... I know I would have been.

Nah, I think she was saying, "That little brat! And after all I did for him.....". You know, typical Grandmother stuff.

Originally posted by TheRedneckWhen Bill Clinton was asked if he ever smoked pot, his reply was "Yeah, but I didn't inhale, haha". Haha, indeed! When it came out that Obama had used coc aine, his reply was something to the effect of "Yes, but that was a long time ago and is irrelevant." He admitted it and went on! Honesty!

I agree, but W gets crucified on a daily basis for his drug use. What's the difference between the two?

Seriously, I think he's like any other politician out there; he'll say whatever is popular and will get him elected.

Our choices this year are liberal Democrats or liberal Republicans. I'm not impressed with any of them or there plans and ideas.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xander68
Can I ask, besides being a good speaker, what makes him so great? Can I also ask, what has he accomplished in office that makes him a viable candidate for President?

Well, his accomplishments, other than reforming the death penalty, making health care more accessible to over 100,000 more Illinois residents, making gifts and meals from lobbyists, and providing more shelters or underprivileged people, I think you should look MORE at the differences here.

It sounds to me like you've been caught up in this experience BS, or this recent Chris Matthews fiasco.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, let's see:

1. Slavishly pro-Israel
2. Alluded to the possibility of getting in a war in Pakistan
3. Admits to be involved in drugs and crime as a teenager
4. Almost certainly supports the despicable remarks of Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Need we say more?

[edit on 19-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

That's hilarious because Sean Hannity has been calling him a "rascist anti-Semite" all day!
And guess what...we are in a war in Afghanistan, you probably just forgot like the Bushies wanted you to, what with all the money they are making over there in the drug trade.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

So if I dislike Obama I must just be brainwashed, got it.

No, boycott these elections, says I. There are no good candidates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join