It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama - The Rise of a Great Man?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tha stillz

Gun control doesn't mean no guns.

It just means guns are controlled.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Check out the book "Imperial Hubris". It was written by an ex-CIA expert on the Middle East.

CIA coined the Term Al-Qaeda which Means "The Base" in Arabic source source source to describe a base of operations to fight the Soviets.

Why would anyone take a book written by an ex CIA expert who isn't a whistle blower seriously?

Here is a book: Totalitarian Dictatorship and Autocracy Here Zbigniew Brzezinski cryptically touts totalitarian dictatorships as the way to go in governance. High Five!!!..........

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Gun control doesn't mean no guns.

It just means guns are controlled.

I will look up the bills he has voted on or composed himself to "restrict" our right to bear arms, but would you kind sir - if you have time - please post links to the bills so our fellow ATS friends can see for themselves that Mr. Obama has good intentions in mind for Americans when he restricts an Inalienable right?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You're right. Why should I listen to an expert on the Middle East when I can just listen to you and a bunch of poorly edited conspiracy clips.

Besides, while he did have opinions in the book, much of what he wrote was fact, such as:

bin Laden stating why he attacked us (whether it's true or not)
us occupying their terroritory
sanctioning them and aiding their enemies
etc

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You're the one with the axe to grind. Please do post up any bills you find that Obama introduced involving banning guns, etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

My point is that this thread is asking if Barack obama is a great man. I assume it is directed at myself among others, so I responded. I suppose I do have an ax to grind. Some voters ignorance about Obama's CFR ties is concerning. As well, you lost me on the gun restrictions. I'll contribute info on the bills when I find some. I guess I shouldn't spout off without having read the bills.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well post em up.

Everyone's not just going to take your word for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
Some voters ignorance about Obama's CFR ties is concerning.

It's being discussed HERE
And as background ... I highly recommend the Jim Marrs books.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here's my .02...

Obama is good with words. Hillary is an obvious mistake, but apparently a lot of people have forgot what the Clinton years were like.
And McCain has admitted to knowing little to nothing about the economy. And that we could remain in Iraq for another 100 years. Again

So... Obama: The Rise of a Great Man? No. Not in the least. In 4 years, should he win the general as well, you will all be praying for a true conservative, who believes deeply in this nation and it's people. And hopefully you will all learn your lesson about buying into rhetoric.

Here's the thing: Though Bush talks like he missed way too many of his english classes, he won the hearts of the evangelicals in his last 2 elections. BASED ON RHETORIC. He showed videos of him praying, and talked about his belief in God over and over and over. He made promises that he knew he couldn't keep. And Obama is not a dumb man. He knows empty promises sell. And he is using that.

I don't remember who said it, but boycotting this election could be the best thing. However, I don't feel that you have a right to say anything bad should you make this choice. Because then you basically sold your vote.

This will sound foolish to so many, but I'm voting for a man who's voting record does show true change, and dedication: Ron Paul.

But c'mon... the title of this thread and the common perception that Obama is a great man... that will be a great thread to bring back at a later date when you're all saying, "What were we thinking?!"
lol

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Can you remind me what the Clinton years were like?

I remember, for the most part:

• Peace (we fought a few battles, though)

• Other countries liked us (some LOVED us)

• Economy was great

• Jobs were bountiful

• The only bad thing anyone could say about his was about his personal life

Am I missing something?

I hear this occasionally, and I wonder... what exactly are these people talking about?

If it wasn't for the little sex scandal, he may have had some of the 8 best years in office. Not many can claim to have run the country better.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Peace

You forgot KOSOVO. Unilateral decision to go in. No threat to America. No UN mandate either. (gee .. what's that sound like??
)

Economy was great

At the expense of the military. He wiped out spending for the military and intellgence. What happened when he did this ... 9/11. He nearly used up cruise missles in his Kosovo war ... but failed to replace them. Oh ... and a few hours after Monica 'did her business' with him - each time he'd go bomb something.

Jobs were bountiful

Unemployment rates of all recent presidents. Bush 43 had a BETTER unemployment rate in his first term then Clinton. Clinton's best was around 4.7% in March of 1998. The unemployment rate now is hovering around 5.5%. That's not bad. Not at all.

his personal life

Telling lies under oath in a sexual harrassment case is NOT a 'personal life'. It's a crime. He put himself in a position to be able to be blackmailed too.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I did not forget Kosovo. That's why I said, "Except for a few battles". Kosovo is nothing like Iraq. How many Americans died due to that?

And then you blame him for 9/11.
Yeah, let's not forget U.S. foreign policies for the last 20 years. It was Clinton's fault because he ran a more conservative government (yes, less spending is more conservative).

And should I have said well paying jobs? During the Clinton administration, a job at, say, Walmart paid around $7.50-$8.00 per hour. Guess what it pays now?

Quit throwing out strawmans. The economy was stout, jobs were there, and the country was getting stronger. Our foreign diplomacy was at an all time high.

Clinton ran a pretty good show. And, while lying under oath was a major faux pas, he shouldn't have even been brought to trial over something so silly during his presidency.

Republicans would not let up on the Clinton administration for the ENTIRE 8 years he was in office. If only the democrats held the same regard for Bush, we may not have him in office still.

'Tis a shame.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join