It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama - The Rise of a Great Man?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

W gets crucified on a daily basis for his drug use. What's the difference between the two?

I realize this, but not by me. I have never crucified Bush for his past indiscretions, nor for anything except his policies and actions as President. There's more than enough there to attack him on.

Oh, and I tend to get the impression you may think of me as a Democrat. I voted for a Republican President from 1980 through 2000 (yes, that includes the first Bush 43 term). Just wanted to make sure my position was clear on this. I am an American.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Dammit I meant Pakistan!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, I do think it's interesting he rants about Iraq and it being an illegal war, but has no problem going into Pakistan without any permission of their government to chase AQ.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

I gotcha.

Well, at least Pakistan and the general locale is relative to AQ whereas Iraq is a diversion and has only served to inflame the situation.

He is at least being intellectually honest. Obama does not say we shouldn't fight, only that we should use diplomacy first and at least know the real reason we are at war.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Kosmicjack, you'd never convince the republicans because they're on a different page.

Be patient. Voters will have their say.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Honest? On the contrary, why is he paying Israel so much lip service why implicitly supporting the remarks of Rev. Wright all these years?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
People it doesn't matter....Obama, Hillary, Bush, Mccain, etc etc etc...

All of them are like a double edged sword. Either way your going to get cut...you just have to decide...do you want the sharp side so the injury/wound is clean and fixable...or do you want the jagged edge side where it will be such a mess you can never fix the problems it caused????

The Presidency is gone...that office no longer has the power to change this country. The banks, the businesses, they own and run this country....and IF...IF anyone were to step in and try to change the greed machine...well we all know what that results in!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Well, when you go to the prom you have to dance if you want to be elected queen. As long as Israel is the king of U.S. foreign policy, which it is, everybody has to dance to their tune to some degree. Until he is POTUS, he can't change the nature of the game. Don't hate the player...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Barack is nothing but a suave, calm and collect smooth talker.

I've known many people like him, whites, latinos and especially blacks, that smooth talk their way into a ladies heart just to get into their pantalones.

BO is no different than anyone else that hides behind their coolness, but I must admit, people really like him.

On a charismatic level, this may be enough for our enemies to like him
as well. This alone would make up for all the policies, plans and everything else he may not have clue about.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
The Presidency is gone...that office no longer has the power to change this country. The banks, the businesses, they own and run this country....and IF...IF anyone were to step in and try to change the greed machine...well we all know what that results in!

Just ask Eliot Spitzer.

This is not a one line post. Well, maybe.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

LOL...well its true. The network that is now in place is WAY to strong. WE and our elected boneheads have played into it for so long there is no turning back. People always talk about rights and freedoms being removed from the average citizen...and they are being removed...but guess what's truly scarey...they are also being removed from the President himself. Thats why i said, this office is nothing anymore...basically your in a high class puppet show...it just so happens the President of the United States is the lead puppet!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The rise of a great man??
More like - the rise of the anti-Christ.

All the messianic references about this guy by his disciples ... and even made by Obama himself as he alludes to 'my hour is almost here' ... FRIGHTENING.

Originally posted by bigbert81
you've been caught up in this experience BS,

Berti .. experience is important. Vitally important. Especially for POTUS these days.

Originally posted by chromatico
1. Slavishly pro-Israel

Actually, he's been just the opposite until now. NOW he is touting Israel. Just like all the other politicians that want the Jewish vote.

Oh .. and for all the obamatrons who believe Obama when he says that he was always against the war ...
NOT SO There is even a quote of him somewhere saying that he and Bush basically have the same stand on the Iraq war .. it was quoted on TV last night .. I just have to try to find it on Google.

ADDING - Okay - HERE it is. Obama said that there was basically no difference between Bush's position and his own on the Iraq war. Actually, he was pulling a classic John Kerry flip flop - for it/against it/ for it/ against it/

Typical politican .. saying whatever the popular thing at the time was. So much for 'change' eh?

[edit on 3/20/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hmm... Let's see. Barack Obama is affiliated with the Council on Foreign Relations and one of his main backers founded the (NWO) Trilateral Comission. A vote for Obama is a vote for Zbigniew Brezinski which is a vote for David Rockefeller. I'm sorry he's compromised.

Such a man I can never compare with greats like Abraham Lincoln, John F Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcom X (after he realised that we should live as one people in peace and respect for all, which he was killed for), James Garfield, or Andrew Jackson (IMO the greatest president of all, because he was the only one ever to have triumphed over the international bankers, the others got murdered by them).

Destroy the international bankers, and you have 95% of your problems solved. Obama is not going to do that.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"Experience is important"... that is certainly a problem if we want the direction of the country to change. With experience in Washington comes adherence to the same old policies. Right now I am looking at a great country that has recently been reeling from some internal problems, such as open, out-of-control borders, a divided population as to the Iraqi War, denials of various civil liberties in the name of 'security', and a failing economy coupled with impotent attempts to somehow patch the problem of a spiraling debt via more spending. Add to that mix racial/ethnic/political/financial divides among the population, and I see a major collapse coming to pass. I do not want a collapse.

Obama has little experience in these ways, and I think that is a plus for him.

As to his thoughts on the war, per the link you posted, what I read makes me more of a supporter. Despite his early opposition to the war, during the first phase (when we were actually winning by accomplishing our goals), he admitted that he might have been wrong. That indecision faded quickly when Bush began to bungle the War and entered the era of sustained, unsuccessful combat. All that simply sounds like someone who wants to at least win a war he didn't want to start, thereby not destabilizing the Middle East. His concession that other areas might need attention (like Pakistan) simply means he understands the reasons we initially went to war, and the seriousness of that decision.

Oh, yes, I noticed a McCain ad on the page when I was reading. Republican page?

Keep plugging away at Obama. So far everything I have seen thrown at him only makes me more satisfied in his policies. Maybe the McCain/Hillary supporters are the best people he has?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Hmm... Let's see. Barack Obama is affiliated with the Council on Foreign Relations and one of his main backers founded the (NWO) Trilateral Comission. A vote for Obama is a vote for Zbigniew Brezinski which is a vote for David Rockefeller.

Where O Where did our WATS votes go???

Thank you thank you thank you. I have said that and no one paid attention.

No matter who we vote for, the shadow-gov't connections this guy has makes it clear that he has been crowned by the NWO folks to be it.

Between those connections AND the messiah-talk that his disciples have, I am startting to agree with DGtempe ... he's a strong candidate for being the Anti-Christ.

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Keep plugging away at Obama.

I intend to. At least until he is in office and his disciples start to round up those who don't refer to him in the same messianic terms as they do. At that point I may have to shut my mouth in order to survive.

Republican page?

Maybe or maybe not. I don't know. But it doesn't matter.
Those are OBAMA's quotes. He said them.
waffle waffle waffle .. going along with whatever the political mood is.

He keeps claiming that he was against the war always.
The truth is ... he wasn't.

He says he would have voted against the war.
The truth is .. on big issues he just says 'present' and doesn't really vote.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He's had enough experience with corruption to be on the top ten 'most corrupt' list put out by Judicial Watch.

Him .. Hillary .. and Huckabee made the list.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Sorry, I know my post was a bit misleading, but I wasn't picking on you, just making a general statement about drug use and Presidents.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Where O Where did our WATS votes go???[

Straight in the pockets of the telephone CEOs. I'm sure they are very appreciative.

No matter who we vote for, the shadow-gov't connections this guy has makes it clear that he has been crowned by the NWO folks to be it.

If this is true (and I can't say for sure it's not), you need to contact Rollye James and let her know. She researched the connections of all the candidates early in the race and Obama had less Globalist/NWO/Trilateral ties than any of the rest.

Between those connections AND the messiah-talk that his disciples have, I am startting to agree with DGtempe ... he's a strong candidate for being the Anti-Christ.

I doubt that. The Anti-Christ will be from the Middle East, Jewish if I read that book right.

The scary thing about politics is that I could be completely wrong about Obama. I campaigned for Bush 43 in 2000; now I am sorry I did. I pray I am not wrong this time, since Obama does appear to be headed for a win. But that win is not simply because he is a great speaker or a clever politician; it is mainly due to the fact that he has two complete losers for his opposition.

Hillary Clinton? I remember the 11,000 FBI files of her political enemies being carted out of the White House because she took them illegally. I remember countless claims of intimidation and a ton of mysterious circumstances surrounding the deaths of former associates. She has openly stated that under her insurance scheme, health insurance is to be mandatory, as in you buy it or you get fined or imprisoned. She has already been caught accepting campaign money from a Chinese interest in this campaign (which she does claim to have returned, to be fair). I find it disturbing that the Chinese seem to always be there whenever a Clinton is running for office. Aren't we having problems with China right now? Witness lead paint being used on toys, or beads that can kill if swallowed, a major trade deficit, and quite a few military and intelligence encounters in the last few years.

John McCain? The man who co-authored the McCain-Kennedy bill which gave blanket amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. The man who likes to 'reach across the aisle'. Apparently reaching across the aisle requires him to sit on the other side. Maybe he dislikes compromise? I dunno, maybe he's just too old to reach.

So if you want to sway me back to the Republican side in this election, give me someone to vote for. Duncan Hunter (my first choice) never got off the ground. Tom Tancredo didn't get that far. Ron Paul, while still in the race technically, apparently got 0.075 votes for every yard sign or sheet on an overpass ramp. Fred Thompson didn't really seem to want the job (can we really blame him for that?). Don't tell me there's no one better able to reflect my political views than John McCain. There's plenty of them, but for some reason they can't get a foothold. It couldn't possibly be that the same forces you are so concerned about have infiltrated the Republicans as well as the Democrats.

Maybe a third party candidate will still arise. I hope for that, but don't expect it. So, in this vacuum of more viable candidates, I'll stay with Obama.

Keep plugging away at Obama.

I intend to.

This is how it must be then. One great thing about political debates is they never stop due to those nasty little things called facts. Great debate, though, and may the most correct judge of character win... even if that's you.

edit to fix a formatting amlfunction... mlfraunction... error

TheRedneck

[edit on 20-3-2008 by TheRedneck]

[edit on 20-3-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He's had enough experience with corruption to be on the top ten 'most corrupt' list put out by Judicial Watch.

Him .. Hillary .. and Huckabee made the list.

Let's see here...

JFK was having an affair with Marylin Monroe.

Washington was a Mason with slaves.

Lincoln once said "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it." PLUS there's some new research being made about him.

FDR forced people to separate from their gold in exchange for paper.

Don't you see? It sounds to me as if you're looking for The Uncorruptibles.

So taking this list to heart and assuming that McCain is better than the rest because of it, is just another fanciful excuse as to not show any support for Obama.

These are great men I've listed, however they are all human.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Would it not be true to say that ALL candidates are compromised?

As far as Obama's opponent goes, isn't it another term in office for bill as the power behind the throne?

I don't know about anyone else, but bill clinton being the "advisor" seems to be just a way of circumventing the election process.

Is it also down to a popular chance to make history - the first female president or the first black president.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join