It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New N.Y. governor admits several extramarital affairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
David Paterson, the man who took over the reins as Governor of New York after Eliot Spitzer's fall from grace, has admitted to several extramarital affairs. He also stated that his wife had extramarital affairs during a rocky period in their relationship.

Original posting at 7:27 a.m. ET: N.Y. Gov. David Paterson, who took over the state's top job yesterday after Democrat Eliot Spitzer officially resigned amid a prostitution scandal, has told the Daily News that he and his wife, Michelle, had affairs during a rough patch in their marriage several years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

blogs.usatoday.com...

What is it with these politicians? Is moral corruption a pre-req for the job? I don't think I'm a prude, but this near constant barrage of sexual trysts makes me want to puke. If I have to hear one more of those penitent mouth-breathers admitting they can't control their urges, much like incontinence, I think I'm gonna lose my lunch.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think the problem you're having is that you're failing to accept the fact that politicians are also human. It's not something i'm proud of with regard to our species, but we have been known to cheat from time to time. We're a weak people, you know? The good news here is that at least this guy AND his wife admitted it before someone else dug it up and admitted it for them.

When you're having relationship problems, anyone other than your spouse can start to look very good. I'm not saying it's right, but i do understand how it can happen. I have personally never cheated and i certainly don't plan to, but i bet loads of regular people cheat on their spouses on a regular basis. I won't hold it against this guy since it doesn't seem like he was trying to get away with anything. Besides, he's legally blind. Doesn't he get a pass or something for being the first legally blind governor, and the first black governor in new york? =)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He is just trying to fit in with NY polotics...

Do i need to say more... ok i will...

(use typical Liberal NY accent here....)

...eh Spizter... was she a Spiter?

Patterson, whats the problem...

I have to take the reighns of the Goverment! how can i follow you. They think im a moral man, that just doesn't fly in NY.

Come on David, your a politicain, you got this far, you got to be a sick bastard somewhere down the line...

Uh.. yea.. my wife and i were seperated, and we 'explored'...

Ah-Ha...

What...

That is my boy david... spice it up a bit.. make it ambigious... say you did things... and say your wife did things too...

My Wife...

Yes, nothing is better then a curupt couple.. why do tyou think we adopted the Clintons...

Ah.. ok... ill spice it up a buit, make myself look like a dirty NY poloticans, and,....

Boom... you the people of NY love you.. just don't piss off the IRS....

Ahh.. thanks Spizter

Im sure iit went something like that...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He is just trying to fit in with NY polotics...

Do i need to say more... ok i will...

(use typical Liberal NY accent here....)

...eh Spizter... was she a Spiter?

Patterson, whats the problem...

I have to take the reighns of the Goverment! how can i follow you. They think im a moral man, that just doesn't fly in NY.

Come on David, your a politicain, you got this far, you got to be a sick bastard somewhere down the line...

Uh.. yea.. my wife and i were seperated, and we 'explored'...

Ah-Ha...

What...

That is my boy david... spice it up a bit.. make it ambigious... say you did things... and say your wife did things too...

My Wife...

Yes, nothing is better then a curupt couple.. why do tyou think we adopted the Clintons...

Ah.. ok... ill spice it up a buit, make myself look like a dirty NY poloticans, and,....

Boom... you the people of NY love you.. just don't piss off the IRS....

Ahh.. thanks Spizter

Im sure iit went something like that...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

What is it with these politicians?

Cute chicks smell good?

Straight men that like sex OBVIOUSLY can't lead this nation. Elect Gays. Vote REPUBLICAN!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Your logic is flawed, TKain. If New Yorkers loved infidelity in their governors, Spitzer would still be the governor.

I'm actually staying in new york city this week for a conference and i've asked a lot of native new yorkers how they feel about the governor situation. They don't seem to care much either way. They're more concerned with rising taxi fares, additional traffic congestion, federal bail-outs of companies located here in the city, and giant cranes collapsing and CRUSHING buildings, killing 7 people so far.

And to insinuate that infidelity is a liberal conflict is flawed as well. It's a human condition, it's not limited to any one political ideology. Just ask Larry Craig or Mark Foley, right? I know there are many, many more conservative politicians who have not only cheated on their spouses but stolen money, made shady real estate deals, etc. Corruption spans all of politics, not just a political party.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Thanks, but I'm not a kid and I'm not naive. I understand the human condition. I also believe that the excuse "He/she is only human" is a piss-poor excuse for weakness.

And I understand that many of us have become inured to the news of another "leader" that can't keep it in their pants because they were < insert your favorite lame excuse here >. Doesn't mean I have to throw my personal values away.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Politicians are not perfect. They are people just like us that face numerous problems.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not perfect either. But I don't jump in the sack at every opportunity and try to pass it off as "just being a typical human being with problems".

What gives us character is the will and the strength to work through problems without succumbing to temptation. And that comes from having a strong value system.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I don't remember saying that you're a kid, or that you're naive at all. I certainly don't think that. You have an opinion and a certain set of values you adhere to, and that's very respectable.

I will stand by my opinion that politicians are also human and while this shouldn't be an every-day excuse for cheating, it should be an angle that people can at least understand. I guarantee you that all the cheaters out there can certainly relate to the conflict temptation brings.

That being said, i would certainly prefer a politician who is ethical in every respect, including but certainly not limited to fidelity.

top topics

join