It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the USA ask for help?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I doubt it........War of some kind on a massive scale would help us...Of course it will leave the rest of the world in ashes...but pride and all

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Frenchies and Germans need to step it up, ASAP.

The French engaged in a war they did not have the heart to win (Vietnam) forcing the US to take over and, the Germans started a war (forcing the US to Smash Face).

The world sucks.

Go go USA.

Dont like it? I dont care.

Europeans have no balls.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by crisko]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To be honest, I am not sure how other countries can actually help the US.
What i do find funny is how the blame is being passed around so much that its actually getting hard to pin the blame on the truth. So from the way i see it, it's really pretty simple.
There was a time when the USA was based on pride. What i mean by that is that there was a quality of craftmanship prettymuch unriveled in what was manufactured in the US ( side note to prove my point, my father worked and retired from Alisons. i remimber him showing me the article about the soviet union sending the president of the united states what they claimed was the worlds smallest drillbit as a gift. this bit was given to allisions who inspected it, then bored a hole in the center of the "smallest drill bit" and gave it back to the president, who sent it back to the soviet union.). that was a time when The economy was doing great, import and export was doing great.
Now the united states is based on the almighty dollar, there is no pride in our work, there is barley any export, However there is still loads of import.
Now who to blame? lets see,
1: unions have priced their services so high that they have started a vicious circle. ( unions need more money, wich causes goods to go up, wich causes people to need more money, wich means unions need more money to give their people).
2: our political system is a joke and is based on corruption, its apperant that lobbyists run the hill and control the politics. As long as lobyists are in control of the hill, i think its a joke to say that an american citizen actually has any rights. because we really dont. More americans better wake the hell up and realize that. Only then can we change it.
3: Outsourcing has started taking its toll on industry also. its cheaper to farm out to foreign countries than build or service it in america, HMMM, thanks to large corperate greed who prefers to spit on the people who made them want they are. personally if we boycott these companies it would show them but again nobody will.
4: Corperate greed, ok for this one lets look at a major US corperation, Wal Mart (just using it as an example). Wal-Mart will move into a town and underbid everyone in prices. This starves out smaller stores and kills free enterprise. Thus resulting in a monopoly in many places in the US. Hmmm, ever wonder why Wal-Mart doesnt sell anything US made items? Everything is imported. When we only buy imported goods, we are not supporting our economy.

Basicly there are alot of things in my opinion that need changed. Not much that another country can really helps us on. Any help they could give us is a short term fix. I am beginning to think that we really need a total crash, then rebuild from the ashes. It seems like the only way to truly fix this broken system. The only problem with that is industry that broke it, is already in place to build it back up as FUBAR as it ever was.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by oubliette]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Nothing mean there at all, no offense taken.

Just to clarify the sum you have listed, is that what the USA contributed to other countries or what they have rec'd form other countries?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The pie chart reads the way I would have expected.

However.... how much of USA's wealth is actually held by US citizens and not foreign parties?

Not sure if that would make much of a difference.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No we won't ask for help. Our economy will tank, and we will bring alot of other nations down with us. And there is no stopping it.

But at least Americans will have finally learned a fine lesson., that the world is not worth one single American life, dollar, bead of sweat, or kind wave. We never should have gotten involved in either World War. We should have stayed out of Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo, Iraq, or Afghanistan. If we wanted Osama we could have just nuked every mountain top in Afghanistan. Never should've shown the world that we had nukes in world war 2, never should have given any aid to any country, not ever, not for food, not for medicine, not for anything. It was all wasted time, and wasted money. We gave the world enough, like nearly every scientific advance in the last century, and we probably shouldn't have even allowed the rest of the world to have that either.

We got into this mess on our own, and we will get out of it on our own.

I'm not saying any of this to be sarcastic, I really do believe that.

When our economy goes under, things will be fine, Russia, China, or the EU will step up to the plate. And then their people can watch their nations get looted.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

It's the current hight of the amount of money the USA loaned from other countries.

I'm glad you aren't offended. I'm often angry with the way the American government (or other governments including the Dutch) work, but I have nothing against Americans.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
First off let me just say, Throbber your ignorance is overwhelming. You speak of things you are clearly not educated in. And as far as where technological credit is due, the U.S.A. and Germany hold that title, they were pumping out inventions and developing new science in the swarms. Ofcourse the English were no slouches but your hogging of credit is far too generous.

I'm sorry for off topic but I find that guy offensive and misguided. On topic, I have to agree with others we are s.o.l. and what oubliette said is so on the money. We should of never gotten involved in any kind of aid with other nations, military or otherwise. The poor countries stay poor and the countries we help secure quickly forget and are no more generous than a greedy ex wife. Sure we've helped stabilize a troubled world as best we could, but at what cost, no one wants to recognize are accomplishments and are quick to turn on us and mock us from a distant land. No one will help us in any significant way because no one has the means to. Unless people regain their national pride and out sourcing is abolished we are doomed to the ashes.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
us aussie's have got your back.streuth use americans have short memories.we'll send boomerangs next time lol

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One day soon all of us regular people living in these places like the US and the UK will come to realize that our leaders all work together in unison. They all sit at the same table and eat heartily from the public coffers that we pay. They are all hell bent on turning us all into slaves and they are all in the business of opression. They all would steal the crumbs right off the plates of our children. These people are one in the same, they only speak with different accents.

Wake up and understand that in this day and age it isn't about race, it isn't a battle against religions and it isn't about "my nation is better than your nation". We are all in the same sinking boat.

In 2008 it is a battle being waged between the "have's" versus the "have not's", and if your name isn't Bush or Blair or Morgan or Rothschild, you do not matter. The day that we all decide that we are sick and tired of being exploited will be the day that we all decide to work together to see these parasites removed once and for all.

By the people and for the people is not a concept unique to the US or any nation for that matter. Life, liberty and freedom are universal and should be the rule and not the exception, wheather you are American, British, Aussie or any other person living in the free world.

Just the same, evil and greed do not recognize nationailty. It is something that we will all have to confront eventually. But remember this, solidarity is the key. We are the millions of people who make these countries go, without us they have nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If I was the leader of the United States of America, I threaten other countries with America's economy, reminding them what happened to the rest of the world when the Great Depression hit and the rest of the world were looking for solutions to their problems like another Hitler like savior come to save the day.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
First off let me just say, Throbber your ignorance is overwhelming. You speak of things you are clearly not educated in. And as far as where technological credit is due, the U.S.A. and Germany hold that title, they were pumping out inventions and developing new science in the swarms. Ofcourse the English were no slouches but your hogging of credit is far too generous.

No offence, but the Tanks were probably the most important factor in both WW1 and WW2, considering they provided men with cover from strafing fire from planes and heavy machine guns, a fast method of getting through fortification and the ability to Annihilate enemy positions without any real hassle if they were not prepared for a tank assault.

Perhaps now would be a good time for you to compare my generous over-estimation of my own Country's deeds during war-time to the way that certain Americans over-estimate their own country's deeds during that same war-time.

I admit both sides of the water have their faults, but my arrogance was reactive in the face of arrogance from teh piglet, with his statement of 'the U.S bringing down everyone else with it'.

That is not something to be proud of.

Oh, and P.S: Have another star for going to the effort of publicly assaulting my reasoning.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

You make a good point, we are all a bunch of arrogant hypocrites and I was pretty arrogant there myself. My apologies for making it kinda personal, I may not agree with you and the things you say may make my blood boil but we should be civil, I'm willing to bet were not so different. I may be "American" but ethnically I am European and more specifically British in name. Instead of looking at us as another country, see us as your cousins, distant as we may be.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Sheeper]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join