It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the USA ask for help?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This has been puzzling me as of late.

With the economic struggle the USA is dealing with right now, why don't the powers that be ask the rest of the world for help?

I know I make it sound 'cut & dry' and the complications involved would be probably be great, but with everyone leaning towards the doom and gloom the US is experiencing , why doesn't the US Government start asking for help?

Would they?

The USA has long been 'The Provider' for many impoverished countries and is usually one of the first to provide help/money when disasters strike anywhere in the world.

Is it time to let pride take a backseat or is there still plenty of time left before fan gets turned on.

Pros vs Cons ?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am sure there is a pride factor involved but I don't see that as the biggest problem. Who would we (the US) ask for help and what would that help be? Would an influx of dollars or yen or euros fix (or even just minimize) the problem? I don't understand the current financial troubles enough to have an opinion.

Also, who would have enough money to actually help the US. It seems that our financial problems amount to many trillions of dollars - I don't think even the Saudis have that kind of money. Further, they may not WANT to help us. It is likely that some countries would be sorely tempted to take the opportunity to "poke the US in the eye" if they could.

It is an interesting question. I hope somebody can provide input that helps make sense of all of this.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You don't understand the true nature of the economic problem. We are the world's bank. China would be the only possible help. They have too much of their own economy tied into our debt. There is no one to help the USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well in my opinion I think we are "SOL" as far as anyone willing to help us out.
Lets face it...our resident dictator as made sure of that.Not that anyone would have helped us before him.....but he sure did not help.The world pretty much hates us and has hated us for a long while now.We the average Joe citizen are the ones who will always pay the ultimate price for a few of the greedy.I don't think the majority of the world will care if we fall or die;as far as most are concerned we are the scurge of the Earth.Forget we have families and work hard a to just put food on our tables as well.Many from other countries view us all as being fat,retarded, and rich.News flash for the rest of the world....not all of us here in the US are fat,retarded and rich.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well you spent all your time raping the countries that might want to help you out.

The only people you could reasonably ask for financial aid would be the U.K, one or two European countries and maybe Isreal if you can get the Jews to start moaning again.

Otherwise, you guys are pretty isolated over there on the other side of the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am by leaps and bounds the farthest one can be from a religious person... and I wouldn't have much faith in this dollar of ours. But when the time comes, have faith that the 'average American' will know what to do. We may still need some outside help... talk some sense into your future overseas brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters if things start taking on an all too familiar and very ugly picture here.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why should anyone help? The US is spending trillions and trillions on wars and finding new ways to kill people. This is 100% of their own doing.

They had the means to help themselves but chose not to, its totally different to African countries starving or some other country suffering from a natural disaster and unable to help themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Why should anyone help? The US is spending trillions and trillions on wars and finding new ways to kill people. This is 100% of their own doing.

They had the means to help themselves but chose not to, its totally different to African countries starving or some other country suffering from a natural disaster and unable to help themselves.

The US has also spent trillions and trillions of dollars in foreign aid . . . not just the government, but citizens and organizations . . .

The US had the means to help themselves . . . but a lot was given to countries that needed it more than us. Sure . . . the US spends trillions on the war machine. What else can be done when you have to bail countries out of war twice in fifty years. Yes, The US polices the world. I do not think that they should. But that is what happens when you win 3 huge wars in a century (WWI, WWII: Europe, WWII: Japan). You end up ruling the world.

Sure the US has had bad policy, and conspiracies, and mismanagement . . . but the US is not alone in that regard.

The ONLY reason everyone hates the US is because the US is the top dog. And for all of the hate, when the US falls, the whole world is going down with it. Guess someone should have been a bit nicer to the top dog.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I generally try not to be negative, but I guess I don't see the rest of the world feeling too bad for us. We have this habit of squandering things. I can't really argue with that view. It's one of those "walk a mile in my shoes" kind of deals.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
I generally try not to be negative, but I guess I don't see the rest of the world feeling too bad for us. We have this habit of squandering things. I can't really argue with that view. It's one of those "walk a mile in my shoes" kind of deals.

What exactly has the US squandered?

Two line limit . . . sorry

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Piglet, stop currying favour by saluting the sinking ship, okay?

Oh, and just for fun - i'll call your country a little chicken-s### for not getting it's hands dirty as soon as the wars commenced, instead popping in at the last second when the two competitors literally had one another in a stranglehold.

The only war you won was won with the annihilation of an entire city.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ANYWHO, when all's said and done, i think it would be quite a welcome change of tune if the U.S started appealing for help - maybe then you guys will know a thing or two about international politics from the perspective of the little guy at that point.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I believe we had a little help from our friends in Britain as well, so it'll be your turn in the barrel next.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

We routinely squander resources of all kinds. Throw it out and buy a new one if it's broken or has a hole in it. Do you really want me to list the litany of our sins? Surely you can't be that blind? I love my country, but my love is tempered by the truth. This is the only way we will progress if we are to survive.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by xxpigxx

Piglet, stop currying favour by saluting the sinking ship, okay?

Oh, and just for fun - i'll call your country a little chicken-s### for not getting it's hands dirty as soon as the wars commenced, instead popping in at the last second when the two competitors literally had one another in a stranglehold.

The only war you won was won with the annihilation of an entire city.

Hurray for the name calling! I love when I win that way.

Stranglehold? lol

France was gone. London was being bombed. U-boats were cruising the English Channel. Yep . . . good stalemate there . . .

Face it. If the US hadn't financed and supplied England and France in both wars, You would be talking German. If the US had not sent troops over to save you because you could not do it alone, you would be speaking German. Don't hate because you can't win your own wars.

Annihilation of a city . . . it worked, yes?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
ANYWHO, when all's said and done, i think it would be quite a welcome change of tune if the U.S started appealing for help - maybe then you guys will know a thing or two about international politics from the perspective of the little guy at that point.

I do agree with you there. I am sick of policing the world. We should not be doing that. We should mind our business. If a nation asks for military help *ahem*FRANCE*ahem*
then we should help and get the hell out.

I think our troops should be stationed on our borders

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I always find it hilarious when the WWs are bought up. The US spent years trying to dodge its way out of fighting yet some ignorant people 60 years later think it was the worlds saviour back then.

The US was a part of a coalition that won the wars yet you yanks believe you did it all by yourself.

link   
reply to post by Sleuth

No, no no . . . lol. I was just trying to understand what you meant by squander. I get what you mean now.

link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Considering we probably provided you with the first prototype blueprints for tanks and kick-started the idea of Armoured Warfare, i think that because of our acheivements during world war 1 the U.S had the capacity to fight in world war 2 alongside the British.

Let's not forget the massive influx of armour and heavy equipment that had to be literally engineered across the channel, with the invention of submergable tanks thrown into the fray.

Technologically, the Brits won the war.

And infact No, i retract my previous statement - using nukes on people is not winning, using nukes on people is tantamount to saying "If we don't get our way, we are going to destroy you and anyone else who opposes us".

The only reason we didn't instantly become a NWO right there and then was because you were cacking yourselves over what Russia was going to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Ok, ok . . . we did not do it by ourselves . . . we did need the land that England was on to launch our forces from. There . . . happy?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join