It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama's wife hated american until now?WTF

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

She say's for the first time in my adutl life im proud of my country....

So before Obama wife you was hateign yoru own country ....

go back under your rock hag.......

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You and your anti-Obama threads...

I think it's pretty obvious here, that she just used a common phrase, therefore saying something she didn't actually mean.

Pretty simple. She used a common phrase without stopping to think about the entire meaning of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
And what a joke of a video.

I love the ending that says 'Can you trust a man to be president if he can't even control his own woman?' I would LOVE to get some female perspective on this.

Also, it's funny how you like to spin things around to make them lean more in your direction. For example, she simply says 'for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country', and you somehow twist it around into 'I hate America'.

That's like saying that since Bush only has a 19% approval rating, that 81% of us want to kill him. Maybe true for some, but this is a proposterous way of thinking.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about anybody else but I found that phrase "control is own woman" to VERY offensive. Maybe she should have thought more before she spoke but Hillary of all people using that.......she should be ashamed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lol i didnt watch the whole vid till now lol

i love hillary giving the finger lol

Btw my 3 year old nephew point's with his middle finger..some people do..it's a brain thing.. mayeb she does same thign..just saying lol

But in all honesty close your eye's bigbert..cause apparently you can't add 1+1

she say's" first time she has ever liked america" there's 1

rev wright says gd america hillary was never called a Nword 1

1+1=2
sorry but they got more racial and anti american in them that most iraq's seem's to me.

pick and choose but if i said i hated america until now i ment it lol
why until now becouse her husband was winnign at that time lol

so when he looses she hate's america again...

[edit on 18-3-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

"For the first time in MY adult life i am proud to be a american"....

meen's same thign as I hate america but now my husband might be preisdent so yahhhhhhh i love it ..YES WE CAN YES WE CAN!!!! lol

bad wording my butt she had that speech prepared for a week lol

and it meen's what she say's she hated america untill now lol

btw i don;t belive that control yoru woman bs that guy put in that video..
i just used it for the word's obma wife used.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

she say's" first time she has ever liked america" there's 1

What, do you work for Fox News now?

Where does she say this?

The answer: Never.

Read my posts, and you'll see why your logic is flawed.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Holy cow, perhaps you could try a spell check before posting?

Listen, it does NOT mean the same thing, so quit trying to pretend like it does. I've already explained it to you.

And if the pastor wants to get fired up and say stupid stuff, quit blaming Obama.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

She say's for the FIRST time in my adult life im PROUD of my COUNTRY....

proud (proud)
adj. proud·er, proud·est
1. Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth: proud of one's child; proud to serve one's country.
2. Occasioning or being a reason for pride: "On January 1, 1900, Americans and Europeans greeted the twentieth century in the proud and certain belief that the next hundred years would make all things possible" W. Bruce Lincoln.
3. Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
4. Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
5. Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.
6. Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.
7. Spirited. Used of an animal: proud steeds

She say;s the first time in her adult life she was proud....
so it's safe to assume she was unproud/hated america untill that speech lol

hate (ht)
v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates
v.tr.
a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

C'mon now, surely you have to see how far of a stretch it is after posting that.

Even if she TRULY was not proud (refer to above post), that does NOT equate to feelings of 'Intense animosity or dislike'. They're not the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

C'mon now, surely you have to see how far of a stretch it is after posting that.

Even if she TRULY was not proud (refer to above post), that does NOT equate to feelings of 'Intense animosity or dislike'. They're not the same.

If you unproud of somthing....you dislike....it...even if for a minute..
But in her case....she was unproud..disliked..maybe even hated america..all her life until this moment she gave the speech.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

maybe even hated america

So now you're finally starting to admit that I maybe right...

Of course, I still feel that you are taking her words too literally. Like I said, it's a very common phrase, she was trying to make a point. It just came out wrong.

Oh, and just because you're not proud of something, DOESN'T mean you dislike it or hate it.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This should help to clear things up a bit. The OPPOSITE of 'Proud' is 'Ashamed'. So, here are some synonyms pulled from Thesaurus.com

Main Entry: ashamed
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: regretting
Synonyms: abashed, apologetic, bashful, blushing, chagrined, compunctious, conscience-stricken, contrite, crestfallen, debased, demeaned, discomfited, disconcerted, distraught, distressed, embarrassed, flustered, guilty, hesitant, humble, humbled, humiliated, meek, mortified, muddled, penitent, regretful, reluctant, remorseful, repentant, shamed, shamefaced, sheepish, shy, sorry, stammering, stuttering, submissive

Funny, I don't see 'Hate' or 'Dislike' anywhere in there at all...

And before you say it, if you're not proud of something, that DOESN'T mean you're necessarily ashamed of it either.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You and your anti-Obama threads...

you and your pro-Obama excuses ...

I think it's pretty obvious here, that she just used a common phrase, therefore saying something she didn't actually mean.

Actually, It's pretty obvious that she said exactly what she was thinking. Her ego hasn't figured out yet that she can no longer bash america and/or white people and still have her husband achieve what he wants to.

she simply says 'for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country', and you somehow twist it around into 'I hate America'.

She either hates it or is ashamed of it... or both. That's not spin.
That's exactly what she said.

if the pastor wants to get fired up and say stupid stuff, quit blaming Obama.

You can't blame Obama for what the pastor said. But ...

- you definately CAN blame Obama for sitting in the pew, nodding his head and giving money to that place for 20+ years.

- you definately CAN blame Obama for picking that pastor to be the one to baptise his children and to perform his marriage ceremony.

- you definately CAN blame Obama for picking that pastor to be his mentor and spiritual advisor.

- you definately CAN blame Obama for choosing the pastors own words to be the title of his book - Audacity of Hope. If he didn't buy into what the pastor was saying, he wouldn't have titled his book after his sermon.

- you definately CAN blame Obama for telling LIES .. claiming that he was unaware of the crap the pastor was spewing. If Obama really was that out of it (which he wasn't) then he has no clue what's going on around him and therefore shouldn't be near the White House.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She either hates it or is ashamed of it... or both

Based off of what exactly?

Have you not read the posts? What she says does NOT equate to hate or being ashamed. First of all, IF she was sincere about those exact words she used, not being proud of something doesn't mean you hate it or are ashamed of it.

What's with the 'either you're on my side or his' mentality? It's all just black and white.

And Obama is friends with his pastor and has known him for a long time. Are there better people he could have befriended? Absolutely. But to take what his PASTOR says and use it against him is just stretching for excuses, especially after Obama has publicly denounced the statements.

Like I've been saying, Obama is not perfect; however, he IS the best candidate...HANDS DOWN. Hillary has lied REPEATEDLY, and McCain's credibility isn't quite there either, especially after voting FOR something he publicly spoke out against.

[edit on 3/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
what he meen's bigbert was your opposite of proud..

Main Entry: ASHAMED
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: regretting
Synonyms: abashed, apologetic, bashful, blushing, chagrined, compunctious, conscience-stricken, contrite, crestfallen, debased, demeaned, discomfited, disconcerted, distraught, distressed, embarrassed, flustered, guilty, hesitant, humble, humbled, humiliated, meek, mortified, muddled, penitent, regretful, reluctant, remorseful, repentant, shamed, shamefaced, sheepish, shy, sorry, stammering, stuttering, submissive

i watched that video 10 or 15 time's...give or take with rev wright speaking hatered..GD america ect....
What none want to grasp is the fact.
Watch the video these people in the church congregation are standing up patting him on the back ect....
They have heard thsi speak many many time's.
Otherwise most would have been WTF!!!!our pastor is saying GOD DA_N america.
And walked out.
But no this is not the case watch he video of it....
Amen rev wright hillary was never called Nword...
Fact is obama and his wife and his kid's have heard this PREACHING for 20 year's ...good role model for america ..YES WE CAN YES WE CAN....
lol

Warnign offense material...obama rev wright video..obama's spiritual advisor AKA like a uncle
www.youtube.com...

They have heard this man preach this many many time's.
Are we suppose to be so ignorant as to say obama /wife/kid's never heard one of these hate speach's?
comon it's comon sense 20 year's people lol

If i was in church and heard my preacher sayign black people degrade society ect... i would stand up tell him and leave that church on the spot.
But this church was pattign him ont he back man lol
clapping wooot woooting LOL
and you still can't see?

Obama's wife say's for the FIRST time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country'.
And what rev wright preach's..
you see no similarity's?

both are or was lol ashamed of america and rev wright flat say's GD america!!!! malcom x style lol
it's that simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Let's take a common sense approach to this!

"for the first time in my adult life, i am proud of my country..."

I'm proud of my accomplishments, but i don't LOVE my accomplishments. So proud does not equal love. I am NOT proud of some of the things i've done in the past, but i certainly do not hate some of those things i've done.

So to say that she HATED america before this first time in her life is absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely. Ridiculous.

Politicians have a very hard time with their speeches. Yes these speeches are written (for the most part) by professional writers, but that doesn't mean you have a 100% guarantee that they are going to be completely neutral and still inspiring.

When you're in an election season and you're campaigning for the highest office in the country, your speeches are going to be picked over and torn apart by every single opposing person who has the gumption for it. They'll spin what you say to justify their points, and vice-versa.

In retrospect, i don't know if i can really say i've been proud of my country in my adult life either. I certainly do not hate America by any means. But i'm not proud of the things we've done overseas in the name of freedom, i'm not proud of the fact that our government is happy to bail out big companies when they're in trouble but not regular citizens when they need it most. i'm not proud of a lot of things this country has done. i'd still prefer to live here over anywhere else.

Last i heard being proud of the country wasn't a prerequisite to living here. Infact, this is the country that gives me the very freedom to express my discontent. So while i'm not proud of this country, i do love it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would understand somebody not being proud of America during the Bush years.

I can also understand why rednecks couldn't possibly understand that, because to rednecks there is only their way or the highway, but for non Americans there hasn't been much to be proud of lately.

I thank her for her honesty.

I also think that under Obama USA will be great again.

Under Obama, USA will say what it means and mean what it says.
Under Obama USA will stand for freedom and justice.
Under Obama Americans will no longer have to apologise when they travel abroad for the perceptions other nations have about US foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Have you not read the posts?

Yep. Sure did.

What she says does NOT equate to hate or being ashamed.

Says you. Antonyms (sp?) and common sense say otherwise.

IF she was sincere about those exact words she used, not being proud of something doesn't mean you hate it or are ashamed of it.

IF she were sincere? IF? So now she isn't sincere?
OF COURSE she was saying that she was ashamed of America.
The opposite of being proud is being ashamed.
She ment exactly what she said.

Obama is friends with his pastor and has known him for a long time

Yes. 23 years or so.

[ to take what his PASTOR says and use it against him is just stretching for excuses,

Nope.

Obama can't help what the man said. HOWEVER, Obama either showed extremely poor judgement being cozy with the man OR Obama believed exactly what he spewed. (I believe both - bad judgement AND prejudice)

especially after Obama has publicly denounced the statements.

Too little, too late.
He only denounced them when it all came crashing down on his head.
He has known for years that the man spewed this stuff.
He has been able to stomach it ... and even donated money so the man could continue his hate speeches.

Obama ...IS the best candidate...HANDS DOWN.

You are entitled to that opinion.
I just hope to God that most of America doesn't agree with you.

Hillary has lied REPEATEDLY, and McCain's credibility isn't quite there either,

berti .. Obama just got caught in a major whopper with this wackadoo minister. Obama LIED about not knowing this stuff was going on. He fudged and said that if he heard these things 'repeated' then he would have quit the church - not if he heard them from the pulipit - but REPEATED. (word smithing) He claims to be the 'unity' candidate .. but his spiritual advisor is a racist pig who hates whites and hates America.

He also LIED about Tony Rezko and the land dealings. Obama lies .. just like the rest of them.

Which is why Judicial Watch has Obama on their top ten list of most corrupt politicians in Washington DC. (along with Hillary and Huckabee)

You want him? That's your right. But ya'll really can't put forth that Hillary and McCain are liars and that Obama isn't. Obama certainly is just like they rest of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What she says does NOT equate to hate or being ashamed.

Says you. Antonyms (sp?) and common sense say otherwise.

Hates her country ?

...says you. Not Obama's wife.

You've extrapolated from her words what you wanted to believe, because that's in sympathy with your bigotry.

Obama ...IS the best candidate...HANDS DOWN.

You are entitled to that opinion.

In your dreams mate.

Voter turn out for McCain and the failed Republican party is at an all time low, but you're entitled to your delusions.

And what about Bush's grip on reality ?
WMD in Iraq... yeah right.

And as of today's news, McCain can't even get it straight about Iran that there is no Al Qaeda in Iran.

Well you love those Republican losers so enjoy. Come back and compare notes when America firmly rejects ignorant rednecks at the ballot box.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join