It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity make people not believe in ET'S?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
After doing a survey on extraterristrial life for my communication class and basic research on Christians non-belief in ufos and aliens due to their"Christian beliefs" I believe that Christianity is a thorn in the side of the ufology.Now I am a Catholic and a firm believer in ufos and I realize that not all Christians are non-believers,but there is a growing number of Christians that are more "fanatical" that refuse to believe due to there religion.I find this stance ignorant to the max,now I am not blaming Christianity itself for this since it takes a neutral stance on the subject,but it seems that all other religions I am aware of do not refute this topic and except the possibility.So I thought I would post this and see what all of you think,thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
well there are a lot of supposed evidence of ufo's in the bible, but i myself believe that many people just take these things as religious things instead which may have an impression on people.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hey,thanks for you reply.Yea I think there is alot of reference to ufos and et's in the Bible,as well as paintings from the day.One rsponse I got in my survey was "Dont you think Jesus would have came down and died on the cross for aliens too?"Well how would you know he didnt do something similar with another species.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am a Christian and I also study UFOs. The Bible is chock full of ETs, you are just stuck in the common thinking...

Extraterrestrial = Originating outside the earth. Webster's Dictionary.

Extraterrestrials are in actuality the heavenly hosts, angels, fallen angels, watchers, thrones, dominions, winged creatures, seraphs, wicked hosts in high places, rulers of the dark world, powers, and principalities as stated in the Bible.(Genesis. 6:4, Isaiah 6:1, Colossians 1:16, and Ephesians 6:10.)

The Cosmos is teaming with angelic life. Only 1/3 of the angels fell. Rev. 12

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the heavenly hosts thereof." Genesis 2:1 God created the angels.

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth...When the stars sang together, and all the sons of God (angelic hosts) shouted for joy?" Job 38: 4, 7.

"And another sign appeared in heaven: behold a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth." Rev. 12: 4.

"And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon ; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. Rev. 12: 7-8.

Aliens and Alien abductions are nothing more than the work of fallen Angels operating inter dimensionally. They did this before the great flood when they mated with human woman and created genetic mutant offspring.

"And it came to pass when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God (fallen angels) saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them (Abducted them?) wives of all which they chose...There were giants (Fallen Angels?) on the earth in those days; and also after that when the sons of God came into the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became the mighty men (Gibborim) which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6: 1-4.

They're back and they're working on the end times scenario. No telling what genetic treats they've been dreaming up. You have noticed the sexual reproductive element to the abduction phenomenon haven't you?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Bigwhammy,so are you saying that you dont think any of these ufos or aliens are a race of species that evolved on another planet?You just think they are all angels or demons?I have heard that before but tend not to agree with it,I believe the opposite of what you think-that aliens in ancient times were mistaken for angels and demons.I just think that angels or demons would not need spacecraft or craft to travel about.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Well demons don't have bodies. they are just spirits. Angels can be either spirit or physical. The ancient Sumerian accounts of the Annunaki spacemen are exactly the same as the Book of Enochs tale of the Watchers or fallen angels.

How do you know they don't use craft? Why not? They don;t all have wings. The bible says they look just like us. The bible talks about such things as flying chariots. Why do ufos violate the laws of physics by doing 90 degree turns at 10,000 mph I think it's because they operating in more than 3 dimensions.

Here is an excellent site to explore this topic further www.mt.net...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So are you not open to the possibility that these are aliens and not angels?Im not trying to bash your beliefs but I just think it is more lkely that these are aliens,rather than angels.I wasnt refering to their wings as transportation,if they are extra dimensional beings then couldnt they just be anywhere they wanted n the univerese with out the help of a craft.As for the 90 degree turn at 10000 mph that can be acomplished with tech.Either with anti-gravity,inertial dampining,or an extra dimensional field around the craft,which would explain FTL travel.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am a Christian and believe in ETs...

Many of my Christian friends disagree...

I do believe that there are cases where demons are mistaken for ETs. In contrast I also believe there are cases where ETs are mistaken for demons...

I don't believe Christianity is inherently a thorn, though I do believe many Christians tend to lump things they don't understand into a single category. Although I guess it could be easily argued that a lot of people do this, Christian or not...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

If you believe in God and the Bible then God would have been the creator of whatever other life you are considering. Is it possible they are just aliens? Ok its possible but not likely. I say this because they are interacting with us and interfering with us. God addressed it. The Book of Enoch goes into great detail on this activity. Genesis 6 as well. Since God has addressed this in the Bible and other sources like Enoch , we are not ignorant of it. There's no reason to just make up something new.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08but it seems that all other religions I am aware of do not refute this topic and except the possibility.

I don't think Christianity is a thorn in ufology to be honest. It's not something I have given much thought though. I once spoke to a minister on the subject and he said that there was no reason to think that God had not created life in every corner of the universe. I am curious about you saying that other religions accept the possibility. Do you have any information or links on that?

Incidentally, I have always thought that the events in the bible were possibly describing extraterrestrials.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by jkrog08

Well demons don't have bodies. they are just spirits. Angels can be either spirit or physical. The ancient Sumerian accounts of the Annunaki spacemen are exactly the same as the Book of Enochs tale of the Watchers or fallen angels.

Here is an excellent site to explore this topic further www.mt.net...

Arnt angels and demons the same thing? Well at least they were at one stage in their lives. The only difference is that the angels server God while the others do not.

-fm

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is no reason to believe that God has not created life and perhaps intelligent life on other planets. In fact from genesis we know that the serpent race (reptoids) apparently existed prior to mankind and were more intelligent, though they are terrestrial life (and probably still exist).

However if you look at modern ufo encounters they invariably resemble demon possession. The victim is usually made helpless. The craft and beings dematerialize, the experiences are often hallucinatory, but most importantly the messages the 'aliens' convey to mankind are almost universally hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ. They usually say things like they made Jesus and dispute his death burial and resurrection on the cross and are otherwise hostile to the Biblical message.

That's a clear indication of what kind of beings we are dealing with. Since the Bible teaches that this world is controlled by the devil and his fallen angels, I doubt it is permissible for other, unfallen creatures to visit the enemy's homeland, kind of like the US embargo against travel to Cuba.

This site gives some more evidence for the alien=demon hypothesis.
www.alienresistance.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

There is no reason to believe that God has not created life and perhaps intelligent life on other planets. In fact from genesis we know that the serpent race (reptoids) apparently existed prior to mankind and were more intelligent, though they are terrestrial life (and probably still exist).

Not sure if you I'd call it 'reptoids' or not, but I agree with you that there are many accounts in the Bible that denote 'ET activity'.

Whenever I hear about someone linking up the Bible with Aliens, what comes to mind is Ezekiel

GLOWING SPINNING METALLIC CRAFT
4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
A rushing windy great thundercloud like flying craft flew out of the north. The vehicle had the appearance of brilliant glowing fire all around it and the center of the illumination the vehicle was polished metal. See VEHICLE and TECHNOLOGY

Check out a few of these goodies, and let me know what you think?

Holy Apparitions or Alien Technology?

My Beliefs on Religion/Christianity...combined with E.T. Activity

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What if what was addressed in the Bible were ancient man trying to make sense of creatures they couldnt understand,if these "chariots of fire",and "fallen angels"were nothing more than EBE's(extraterristrial-biological entity).As for the other religions that do not dispute this, one is the Morman faith.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would have thought that the simple notion of a god,itself would be a sign of ET life. As your god is not terrestrial. You believe in him/her/x,ergo you believe in ET.

(just made this up,dunno if anyone will see any sense in it)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Check this site out too....although the author of the site obviously does not believe in aliens,but makes some decent points.

www.erichufschmid.net...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

What if what was addressed in the Bible were ancient man trying to make sense of creatures they couldnt understand,if these "chariots of fire",and "fallen angels"were nothing more than EBE's(extraterristrial-biological entity).

A few things that I have to keep reminding myself when it comes to ET's and the Bible:

1. Proper translations.
2. Terminology used 1000's of years ago.

1. For the most part, it seems that many Bibles are in a 'somewhat concordance' with regards to translating word from word. There are diferentialities between meanings from Greek to English, Hebrew to English, etc. However, when it boils down in a nutshell, the account with Exekiel and supposed 'aliens', is definately open to interpretation.

Which brings me to #2. This is a case where it seems an individual has had an experience with 'something so profound', that the only way he could describe it, was to use whatever words that were typically used in 'his time period'. The same could be said for people of this day and age.

i.e.

Caveman: "Unga bunga..big light in sky...move fast.. stop...move fast again.
Exekiel: (see my previous post)
Ancient Romans: "It was many thickness of my spear and went across the sky,shone as gold on my shield."
Shakespeare fellow: "And I beheld a strange light, that gloweth with such intensity, darting this way and hence."

I ad libed to what people could have said in those days, but you get the drift.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Well I am getting this knowledge from the Book of Enoch. Demons are the spirits of the dead nephilim killed in the flood. The nephilim were genetic hybrids between Angels and humans, there bodies are not resurrectable, which is why they seek to posses people. Note that you never once see Demon with its own body in scripture. Fallen Angels are much more powerful and dangerous. The Bible describes Angels as having the ability to appear as solid bodies or spirits.

Believe it or not there are Christian UFO conventions!!!!
www.ancientofdays.net...

[edit on 3/18/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Very good post Duckster,what about the paintings that show strange craft in the background?I just think that Christians think that if they believe in et's they will go to hell or something.Or maybe they use it as a crutch-I dont know.Now let me quote another part of the Bible.

2 Kings
Spinning Chariots Of Fire Take Elijah
2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

Zechariah
Flying Vehicles From The Sky
6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.

[Mod Edit - Fix quote tags]

[edit on 19/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Hey Big!

It's the books that don't appear in the Bible, that perk my interest as well.

The book of Enoch is one of them!

The converstations between himself, and giants, and the Lord, is something else!

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join