It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity make people not believe in ET'S?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

what about the paintings that show strange craft in the background?

Are you referring to the ol' Medieval ones? The ones whereby the artist included a flying disk in the background.

Kinda like this one?

I wonder about these as well. Good question my Friend!

I wonder where the inspiration came from, when these artists created the paintings.

Makes one wonder.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Even though I believe in God is it possible though that the Bible was dictated by ets?What do yall think?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh I never saw that one,but WOW,that is hard to despute what that is,I was refering to one where their is a biblical portrait with multiple ufos in the background,and someothers,but that one you showed by far s the best Ive seen.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks! It's just one among many.

I know you believe in God, and you are looking for answers like everyone else. Nothing wrong with that. I'm right beside you in that boat my friend. ATS is a great site to learn WITH each other.

You'll find that some have patience, others act in bogus ways, but above all, we members are striving for the truth.

Sometimes you'll find, "It's not so much what we say, but HOW we say things", that will perk people's interests.

Don't ever be afraid to bring new topics to the table. We help each other!

Your friend,
~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
reply to post by jkrog08

what about the paintings that show strange craft in the background?

Are you referring to the ol' Medieval ones? The ones whereby the artist included a flying disk in the background.

Kinda like this one?

I wonder about these as well. Good question my Friend!

I wonder where the inspiration came from, when these artists created the paintings.

Makes one wonder.

~Ducky~

If i was a hardcore debunker.... I would say:
He got the idea from swamp-gas and venus

No seriously, there are alot of disc shaped things in the old paintings, and also spoken about in texts.

I would say that we can find evidence about visitors from as early as the stoneage.
Perhaps earlier...
But as any scientist would do to describe it.... they were just fantasies of that that time.

Like this post.
I'm not a Christian but i dont think that people should feel that they should hold back their opinions on a book they read.
Especially when the book itself mentions some very suspect scenarios .

And also if you think on how GOD created this world it sounds like terraforming

Ah, i might just be drawing too many conclusions on nothing really.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Oh I never saw that one,but WOW

My favorite was always THIS one...

AND GOD SAID.....

"Let Us Create Man in our Image... In Our Likeness..."

Okay lets look at this a little differently...

So we are created in God's image... ergo we look like him and the Angels etc look like us....

So if that is true we would not necessarily recognize them if we met them...

Genesis 18

(1)The Lord appeared to Abraham* by the oaks* of Mamre, as he sat at the entrance of his tent in the heat of the day. (2)He looked up and saw three men standing near him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent entrance to meet them, and bowed down to the ground. (3)He said, ‘My lord, if I find favour with you, do not pass by your servant.

So God and the two angels sent to wipe out Sodom and Gomorrah LOOKED LIKE MEN

Seems they also eat like us...

(8)Then he took curds and milk and the calf that he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree while they ate.

So the Fallen Angels then also look like us, and could thus move amongst us freely if they choose to...

Now the Christians have taken Lucifer and stuck him underground and made him look a true Devil...
Yet does it not say the Fallen ones were cast down to EARTH? and made rulers of the Earth? (I don't have the exact passage handy I am sure someone can find that)

So perhaps WE are descendants of the Fallen Ones and as thus are truly on a Prison World called Earth until we get our act together

In either case it is very true that all the other worldly entities ARE in fact ET NOT OF THIS EARTH which is all ET means...

Are they Aliens? NO Not if either (or both) sides gave us life... we are then part of them and hence they are not alien. As a matter of fact it can truly be said the Fallen Ones are landed immigrants... The only question I have is did the Bush family grant Lucifer and the Fallen ones Green Cards?

Now on the Reptilians... they too are not Aliens... though some may indeed be ET's.... They were here before us.... and are still here today and some are in the employ of the US Forces, in ranking uniform...

However when Eve spoke to the "Serpent" in the Garden, she spoke to it as if it was a common thing for serpents to speak... there is no mention of shock that the serpent spoke...

So you have to ask yourself, how can this be 'normal' if they didn't exist?

Now I have a couple other issues with all this... for 2000 plus years we have been forced to believe (Inquisition, Excummunication etc) to believe which side 'won' and which side is good...

What if we are wrong? The god of the Muslims, the Jews, and the Christians (all the SAME GOD By the way) is jealous and expects you to worship him and obey him and give up all free thought not directed at him... and if you don't, well he will just wipe you off the face of the Earth

The other guy is for freedom of thought and having fun.... and has been given a really bad rap by the Catholics when they hired Dante to create HELL to scare you all into believing their side...

So WHAT IF WE CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE?

I have found indications that this "war" between the two sides is still waging, and that Space Command is right in the Middle of it all, though the battle front is not in the public eye at the present...

All I know is we talk a lot at ATS about the "Sheeple" Well the Christians have talked a LOT about their 'faithful flock' ..."The Lord is THY Shepherd, THOU SHALL NOT WANT..."

Uh huh right can you say MMMAAAAHHHHHHH

So if our government has made a pact with the ET's (Greada Treaty) and has the Reptilians in their employ... it sure makes an interesting state of affairs

Back to Eden for a minute... there is an old painting dated 1445 that shows Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden and getting sent to a barren dessert landscape... They are about to be sent through a Stargate !!

So it begins in the Deserts of the Middle East...

Here is one many call the "Glory" To me it looks like Jesus is stepping through a Gate... look behind him... you can see the other side in the background....

I have a lot more but this ought to stimulate the brain cells for awhile

I will add here two references to the Reptilians from 'inside' sources from personal experiences... take them as you will... I know these two to be genuine...

Thanks, Ron. I got a kick out of reading your note! YES..MIB's do exist. Did you get a chance to read my story about the 'visitor' I met at MacDill? He had 2 sets of eyelids...honestly...reptilian! I about # my pants when I saw his eye...never forget them!

And this one is from Jack Arneson... an incidence that occured shortly after Apollo 11

He took two slow steps backwards and turned to head back to his jeep. First, he would have jumped down my throat for not saying "Sir" if he was a Captain. Then I would have been standing before a court martial for handling a weapon in a threatening manner. Third, he started back to his jeep (with no driver) and no response.

I was going to stop him but the MS was really freaked out by this time and ran up to me and said: "Are you crazy? What are you doing"?

I protested and said: "Sarge, this guy's an impostor, can't you see that? Everybody else might be dead"!

He said: "You may be right but I'll find out what's going on when we get back. Don't take the chance of a court martial for threatening an officer"!

I remember say something like: "I already did that and if he's an officer, then I'm an alien"! The "Captain" heard that and turned back and looked at me with black eyes! It sent a shivering chill up my spine upon seeing this and said: "Did you see that? Look at him! His eyes are black now"!

I started to raise my weapon at him and tell him to stop and the MS got in front of me and said: "Stand down soldier, that's an order"!

Read the whole story here...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Edit to add.... both these 'encounters' show that they LOOK LIKE us except a "somethings not quite right" feeling all except for the eyes...

So next time you get a weird feeling about someone, look at their eyes

[edit on 18-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
On those pics of a "stargate' you said they were made in the 1400s,how did the painter get the information to paint the stargate looking device?I also have another question has to the U.S.S.C.(US SPACE COMMAND)I can understand as to why we wouldnt be aware of actions in space with its size and all,but wouldnt some battles be near enough to Earth to notice?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
On those pics of a "stargate' you said they were made in the 1400s,how did the painter get the information to paint the stargate looking device?

Yup
Giovanni di Paolo, 1445,
Creation of the World & Expulsion from Paradise

That is a good question... did they paint what they saw? Not likely because they are painting an event that happened thousands of years ago... and unfortunately we can't ask them...

It is very likely in my opinion that artists may be 'in tune' with the cosmos in a way we do not yet understand (more on that another time, another thread) or they may have had knowledge passed down to them. Same for Sci Fi writers... perhaps they channel the Akashic Records (see below)

Point is I have noticed certain recurring items that are faithfully reproduced, though as time passed the representation of them has changed so that unless you study and follow the progression, you would not recognize it..

A couple examples are the "Winged Disk", "Cherubim", "Halos" Also the main one is the concept of the two Guardians beside the Gateway

I have a lot of material if your interested but it would take a long time to do right in a thread

Personally I think the Catholic Church is most responsible for the 'change' in symbols... I think the older artists had a little more freedom, and I suppose it depends where they were from as well

One problem with the "UFO's in Art" is that too many people just take anything that looks like a UFO to be one... and that muddles the issue...

Example this one gets shown a lot as a UFO in paintings..

But it is not it is Saint Gerolamo's (or Girolamo) Hat...

These were taken from an excellent skeptical site from Italy that has done extensive analysis from the religious point of view.. I don't agree with all his conclusions but the site is well done and a great tool for research

www.sprezzatura.it...

I also have another question has to the U.S.S.C.(US SPACE COMMAND)I can understand as to why we wouldnt be aware of actions in space with its size and all,but wouldnt some battles be near enough to Earth to notice?

From what I have gathered in my research so far there are no great battles being fought ala "Star Wars" style anywhere near Earth at the moment...

There are strong indications that we are being blocked from being out there and Space Command et al have been amassing a fleet and support bases for decades to make a push ...

and there are equally strong indications that we are in the thick of things...

It is too early to tell (for me) what the current status is... mostly because the info I get is disjointed at best... little snippits here and there, clues given by 'insiders of where to look, but without coming outright and just telling me...

The Gary McKinnon incident was really a fluke and quite interesting actuallt though I know most write him off as a nut case... (LOL as they do all of us
) but some of what he said matched stuff I had access to... To bad he never got a copy of that photo out on the web before they nabbed him

One thing of real importance to look at... a friend highly placed in SC had been looking over some of my research... and something caught his eye.... Now his position and loyalty did not allow him to tell me anything, but he made one comment... "Think Automation"

Now considering what was 'on the table' at the time... that little phrase was a bombshell and led me to a great many discoveries...

I do not know if I will be able to get enough 'proof' to satisfy most here at ATS (LOL I personally don't think many here would believe if it landed in their backyard
) before its all put out on CNN... but I will keep looking..

If your interested in my Space Command compilation so far...

www.thelivingmoon.com...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Read it carefully and look between the lines..

And ask yourself why is the Mission statement that recurs throughout the departments "To control and exploit space.."?

Akashic Records

The akashic records (akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") is a term from Hinduism that was incorporated into theosophy denoting a collection of mystical knowledge encoded in a non-physical plane of existence. The records are supposed to contain all knowledge, including all human experience, of the history of the cosmos. The akashic records are metaphorically described as a library and are also likened to a universal computer or the 'Mind of God'. The records are supposed to be constantly updated and it is claimed that they can be accessed through astral projection.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Akashic Records or The Book of Life can be equated to the universe's super computer system." Edgar Cayce

"Some indicate the akashic records are similar to a Cosmic or collective consciousness. The records have been referred to by different names including the Cosmic Mind, the Universal Mind, the collective unconscious, or the collective subconscious. Others think the akashic records make clairvoyance and psychic perception possible."

www.themystica.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The real thorn in UFOlogy's side are the so-called "crackpot" element. These are the ones who state they routinely ride around in spaceships, go to galactic council meetings, etc., and all without offering even a pic of such outlandish claims.

Your Billy Meiers, George Adamskis, etc. of the field. These are the real thorns in the side, along with the many unnamed ones doing the very same thing.

As long as such individuals are routinely included with the more honest researchers, the field will always have the stigma of being a "fringe" science...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am a Christian, but I believe in UFO's/Aliens. The book of Ezekiel starts out with a freaking UFO sighting!!!!

Some Christians get so brainwashed into believing the Bible literally that they refuse to believe anything that is not in there. They believe that the Earth is 10,000 or maybe 15,000 years old!! And since it only mentions angels and demons, there could not possibly be aliens, for they were not mentioned in the Bible.

I think the angels and demons are in fact what we would refer to now as ET's. The "Angels" were flying. So what did people know of in those days that could fly? Birds, so they described these angels as having wings.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What about the fact that the whole time the Jews are leaving Egypt in the Book of Exodus they are following a "cloud in the sky". And it rains bread "manna" to feed them. Then Moses receives instructions on how to build the tabernacle and the Ark of the Covenant and the "Cloud" descends into the tabernacle. Why not a cloud space ship of sorts?

Quoting from Exodus 40

34 Then the cloud covered the Tent of Meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35 Moses could not enter the Tent of Meeting because the cloud had settled upon it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

36 In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; 37 but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. 38 So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have never heard that Christians did not have an understanding of ET life forms. They do not worship them, but, when following Jesus, to me it is a given that one would have an encounter.

They're back and they're working on the end times scenario. No telling what genetic treats they've been dreaming up. You have noticed the sexual reproductive element to the abduction phenomenon haven't you?

I agree. I think they are manipulating DNA to create hybrid humans (probably been going on for some time). The technology exists for them to extract whatever trait they want and implant it where they want, and also whomever they choose (Hitler’s dream). Those who opt for invitro fertilization are running the risk of being implanted with who knows what. They serve evil in a palatable (petri) dish.

they are just spirits

I disagree. We are taught that, but, there is a physical manifestation created by those who practice sorcery which is what they use to invade the body of human beings which causes humans to be altered.

For those who know the difference they are more violent. One example being, the bands of Satan which would be any binding (limiting) element, stringy sputum (with a host attached that inflicts harm internally if it is allowed to enter). Just as there are physical manifestations of believers in Christ, there are physical manifestations from those that follow Satan.

Luke 10:18
… I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Ezekiel 30:21
… I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt

Crystal bug/dust in the eye works the same way as a computer screen.

Matthew 7:3
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

See also: Matthew 4:24, Matthew 8:16, Matthew 9:32

Also: 1 Corinthians 15:40
There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

And, 2 Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Even though I believe in God is it possible though that the Bible was dictated by ets?What do yall think?

I think that healing and sickness have different sources as does prophetic warning and entrapment.

So the Fallen Angels then also look like us, and could thus move amongst us freely if they choose to...

If 1/3rd fell, that leaves 2/3rds which have not fallen.

They are about to be sent through a Stargate !!

The Bible refers to this as “first estate”. Modern terminology could be just another trick so people do not realize the sameness.

Remember it is “the beast who was and IS NOT.” Some things appear real when they are a trick of the devil (signs and wonders). The devil is real, his tricks are not.

We give our power to what we believe, accept no imitation (of God), herein is the battle.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Can't do more than to agree with you on your statement.
If people kept it to the realistic we might have some very realistic investigations of this matter.

There are probably alot of people who start with a real investigation into this who get sidetracked or get persuaded to go into another direction when they get close to something.

All the hoaxes have only helped to keep the UFO subject down to a minumum of investigation with real fundings and means.

Just rambling again....

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Does Christianity make people not believe in ET'S?

No.

"Recognise what is in your sight and all that is hidden from you will be plain to you.For their is nothing hidden which will not become manifest"

It's a stark warning.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Hey Siren! Looks like we both stay up late thinking of the same weird stuff

I agree. I think they are manipulating DNA to create hybrid humans (probably been going on for some time). The technology exists for them to extract whatever trait they want and implant it where they want, and also whomever they choose (Hitler’s dream). Those who opt for invitro fertilization are running the risk of being implanted with who knows what. They serve evil in a palatable (petri) dish.

I think Daniel prophecises this hybridization process that is going on.

2 "As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay."(Daniel 2:42-3)

Specifically "the people will be a mixture and not remain united" is very interesting. This of course during the "end times".

I disagree. We are taught that, but, there is a physical manifestation created by those who practice sorcery which is what they use to invade the body of human beings which causes humans to be altered.

It is a spiritual manifestation or it would not be able to invade the body. They have no body that's why they want to possess one.

I don't know if you read all of my posts. But I was referring to demons only. Satan and Fallen Angels are not Demons. Angels and Fallen Angels clearly can manifest bodies if they desire. Demons however do not. They are spirits of the dead Nephilim, who can not resurrect. That's what Book of Enoch says. And not once in regular scripture does Demon appear as anything other than a spirit.

Ever read any of David Flynn or Mike Heisers stuff?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
What about the fact that the whole time the Jews are leaving Egypt in the Book of Exodus they are following a "cloud in the sky". And it rains bread "manna" to feed them. Then Moses receives instructions on how to build the tabernacle and the Ark of the Covenant and the "Cloud" descends into the tabernacle. Why not a cloud space ship of sorts?

Well there are many paintings of "Cloud Ships" with "Angels" riding them... and many watchers on the ground looking up at them so they must have been a physical thing... and these "clouds" are fire by night...

Well think about modern UFO sightings take the recent 'best case at ATS'
O'Hare incident...

Looks like a cloud to me...

The fuzziness by day, and the glowing light by night is a function of the drive... ( I won't go into details here) Show me a clear photo of a UFO in flight and I will call it fake... So what we call a 'glowing object' they call a 'flaming chariot' They had no concept of electric light, only fire to compare to...

And what in these reports is the 'glory' of the Lord that filled the tent? We have only religious 'scholars' to define glory for us... but I am willing to bet that it meant something else... maybe a glowing energy or some form of radiation... Remember that big heavy 'ornament' Moses had to wear when ever he talked to God thru the Arc? Radiation shield? After all his hair did turn white

It comes down to interpretation... and for thousands of years it was not possible for the average person to make interpretations without risking excommunication or death as a heretic... let alone having the ability or free time to even think about it...

Aren't you glad its 2008? Well at least in SOME countries

Originally posted by Balez
If people kept it to the realistic

But here is the problem... WHO sets the definition or 'line' of realistic?

If for example someone like Howard Menger was taken to Venus and all we have is a verbal report... why is that 'unrealistic'? Sure he has no photos, just his word...
'
The point is where does one draw the line on what is 'realistic' to study in a feild that is by its nature 'unrealistic' in most cases?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In the days of King Solomons Temple....

THESE were Cherubim... Guardians of the Ark

Now would someone please explain to me how those noble creatures became THIS and WHY?

Anyone being born today and getting exposed to these "Cherubim" would never understand the same message

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They are supposed to be fierce!

God used them to guard the garden. (Gen 3:24) 'After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

The cute ones are a lie - not Biblical.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi, I am a Christian who is also fascinated at times with the UFO phenomina.

The thing that stands out in my mind foremost, is something that Jesus said about the last days. He mentions a great "Deception". So great, that even the "very elect would be decieved". I often wonder, if UFOs are going to play a part in that. I WANT to believe, that UFOs are friendly aliens from another world, but what if what I WANT to believe is not the truth?

I have heard that "cultic" (witchcraft too?) activitys have eirie similaritys too UFO abductions. The thing is, its not much of a stretch to say that UFOs/aliens, may infact be demonic or fallen angels.

Theres some fascinating things in the Bible that could relate to UFOs. Like "satan is the prince and power of the Air". "...and the 3rd of the angels were cast down" "Cast down in the 1st and 2nd heavens but not the third". How would a dude over 2000 years ago, in a robe and a tent come up with this stuff? I believe the authors of the Bible were inspired by something greater then themselves. (Holy Spirit), which is why their words are more then thier own. Just my opinion on that one.

One of the things that made God most mad in the old testement, was anytime the genetics was screwed around with. Weather it was through homosexuality, incest, the Nephillam etc. The nephillam translated in the Hebrew was "fallen ones" I believe. It shouldnt be translated in the Greek"Giants" because that book was written in Hebrew. (I may be mistaken). The flood came because of the Nephillam, did they die? So we have all this hybrid talk and sexual experiments be aliens now, see the similaritys?

So where did that 1/3rd of the angels that fell to earth go? Are they Demons or beings walking or hiding on the earth?

We can see what the possible "Aliens" would claim. They would claim that they created us. That they have a higher spiritual way. That you have to open up. They may even play on our pride and claim that "we are gods, or you specifically have spiritual powers, meditate on us" or something.

But when you "astral project, or meditate" your seperating your spirit from your body. Jesus gave a story on a demon who found a clean home and came back with 7 more demons to live there. The home was somebody.

What ever it is, dont forget what Jesus said well in advance. Their is a great deception coming.

Anyway, I guess Im just blabbering since I'm so tired, lol.

Thank you all for the Civil discussion. Becareful out there, theres something trying to seperate you from Gods Love.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by calibanvov]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by calibanvov
I WANT to believe, that UFOs are friendly aliens from another world, but what if what I WANT to believe is not the truth?

Just today in the mail I received a link that is of relevance to your question..

U.S. skies were as deadly as Korea

After the '52 wave had subsided, Capt. Edward Ruppelt, former director of the USAF’s Project Blue Book, revealed that UFOs — contrary to an emerging opinion suggesting peaceful intentions — weren’t to be trifled with.

In alluding to the loss of military pilots who gave chase, he wrote, "If the Air Force hadn't slapped down the security lid, these writers might not have reached this conclusion" about peaceful aliens. "There have been other and more lurid duels of death. That's what everybody missed.''

Ruppelt didn’t elaborate, but Port Orange author Frank Feschino tries to connect the dots in his 2007 book, “Shoot Them Down.” Using New York Times figures, Feschino notes that the military lost 185 fighter aircraft over the U.S. and its coastal waters from 1951-56, versus 104 fighter planes downed in the Korean War during roughly half that same time period. On the domestic front, those crashes claimed the lives of 199 aviators in what were labeled as accidents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join