It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity make people not believe in ET'S?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
The cute ones are a lie - not Biblical.

Yes precisely my point...

but WHO decided to sell us this lie? And that brings up the question, just what else are they hiding?

LOL one of my favorite questions to people is how many animals of each kind went onto the Ark? I find it surprising how many don't know and how many teach the incorrect number... while this may be trivial, it goes to showing that you have to be wary of all information and not just believe...

Just as an aside it was discovering I was lied to about this figure at an early age that made me seek the truth

[edit on 20-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by calibanvov
But when you "astral project, or meditate" your seperating your spirit from your body.

No that is incorrect... you merely extend or project your spirit but it is always attached by a 'cord' If you detach your spirit from your body you won't return... IE you die

When you dream you are astral traveling... if you ever experienced that 'falling' and suddenly wake up... that is because something cause the 'cord' to snap you back to your body suddenly

Just because you can project does not mean you will fall pray to any Devils...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You may be correct. But whos to say your not leaving yourself open to all kings of bad things roaming around in the spirit world.

By the way, thanks for the cool link.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by calibanvov]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The cute ones are a lie - not Biblical.

Yes precisely my point...

but WHO decided to sell us this lie? And that brings up the question, just what else are they hiding?

LOL one of my favorite questions to people is how many animals of each kind went onto the Ark? I find it surprising how many don't know and how many teach the incorrect number... while this may be trivial, it goes to showing that you have to be wary of all information and not just believe...

Just as an aside it was discovering I was lied to about this figure at an early age that made me seek the truth

It was in sevens... God loves seven for some reason. They were probably not full grown obviously it would be easier to have youngsters on the Ark.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What if we are wrong? The god of the Muslims, the Jews, and the Christians (all the SAME GOD By the way) is jealous and expects you to worship him and obey him and give up all free thought not directed at him... and if you don't, well he will just wipe you off the face of the Earth

Zorgon we don't have to wonder about this because God came to earth as a man and straightened it out for us. Yeshua - ya know Jesus Christ sort of put this issue to rest. He came and showed us true humility and service for your fellow man. He carried the authority of God yet washed his apostles feet. And he drew a clear distinction between the Father and Satan. I know the Catholic church has gotten way out of whack and muddied the water, but it's not that freakin' muddy. You have a message of Pride and selfishness on one side, and a message of humility and service, on the other. Do you really need to doubt?

The other guy is for freedom of thought and having fun.... and has been given a really bad rap by the Catholics when they hired Dante to create HELL to scare you all into believing their side...

So WHAT IF WE CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE?

Is sin really fun? Sure cheating on your wife might be fun for a while, but what about when your kids catch you in the act, and the whole neighborhood finds out? The rules are there to protect us, not keep us from fun. See the serpent was a liar. He skillfully twisted what God had said.

Gen 2:15 God says..
"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Gen 3:1 the Serpent said
"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

Notice God said you can eat form any tree in the garden except one.
Serpent completely twists it into "you must not eat form any tree in the Garden". Notice how similar they are but diametrically opposed in meaning. He is trying to make God seem unreasonable, but God did not say that. He said all but one. Come on man. So much for free thinking. More like- Pure deception.

Back to the topic the serpent was not a snake at all. Hebrew scholar Dr Mike Heiser reveals the Hebrew word is Hannachash. It means bright and brazen as an adjective and as a noun a serpent or one who practices divination. Eve was not talking to a snake but a Bright shiny upright entity who was serpentine in appearance and confusing her with half truths. I think it's the same as a reptillian or an Annunaki, Probably one and the same as the Enki from the Sumerian lore.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Zorgon,I read your space command sites,I thought they were your opinions on the space command,all that wass was a copy of the official site,I did find that patch with a greys head on it kinda odd,is that a real patch?Also you mentioned when you fall asleep and feel like your falling and wake up-that is call a" hypnic jerk",atleast that is the scientific expanation for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Zorgon,I read your space command sites,I thought they were your opinions on the space command,all that wass was a copy of the official site,

That is correct... it is a collection of publicly available press releases and official pages of the Space Command...

The intent is to show the size and scope of Space Command... What is collected on those pages is merely the tip of the iceberg and only the non secret public information

The AF TENCAP badge was a real mission patch but has since been changed as it caused to much controversy (can't imagine why
)

My opinions on the Space Command are all over other pages

One of my favorite patches is this one... NRO Lacross satellites...

But lets get back to the focus of this thread, before those NRO mods pounce
... you can U2U me and I will link you to anything you want

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ok,i u2u'd you for some info.but back to the topic.Does anyone know the Catholic churchs stance on ufos/ets?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Ok,i u2u'd you for some info.but back to the topic.Does anyone know the Catholic churchs stance on ufos/ets?

Well here is one...

Monsignor Corrado Balducci

Monsignor Balducci is a Vatican theologian and an insider close to the Pope. He has been featured on national Italian television numerous times to express that extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon and “not due to psychological impairment”. In this testimony he explains that not only the general populous but also highly credible, cultured, and educated people of high status are recognizing more and more that this is a real phenomenon. He goes on to speak about the extraterrestrial people as part of God’s creation and that they are not angels nor are they devils. However they are probably more spiritually evolved.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Msgr. Corrado Balducci, (born May 11, 1923 in Italy), is a Roman Catholic theologian, long time exorcist and an expert of demonology for the Archdiocese of Rome, he also served for the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples in USA. He wrote several books about the subliminal messages in rock and metal music, diabolic possessions and the some theories about the existence of aliens. Monsignor Balducci often appears on Italian TV to talk about satanism and religion. He is considered a worldwide expert.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well I guess if numbers in your religion are declining... it doesn't hurt to seek elsewhere for converts

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Zorgon we don't have to wonder about this because God came to earth as a man and straightened it out for us.

Well if we don't have to wonder about it, why were we given the ability to question? If we were not meant to have free will... why do we have a brain that can grasp the concept?

ya know Jesus Christ sort of put this issue to rest.

Ah yes Jesus.... He was a Rosicrucian you know

You have a message of Pride and selfishness on one side, and a message of humility and service, on the other.

Well that is one way to look at it I suppose... the other is on one side you have free will, ability to chose your own destiny, on the other you have humble servitude and get have to bow down and worship...

Flying around with little wings strumming a harp for eternity does not soon like heaven to me...

Do you really need to doubt?

If by doubt you mean doubt what we have been told for two Millennia then yes indeed I must doubt..

But I prefer to question it, and seek my own answers and quite frankly I have studied most of the major religions all my life and one thing that always bothers me is when I ask a question of those who should have an answer, you get things like..."You must accept... do not question the word..."

Is sin really fun? Sure cheating on your wife might be fun for a while, but what about when your kids catch you in the act, and the whole neighborhood finds out? The rules are there to protect us, not keep us from fun. See the serpent was a liar. He skillfully twisted what God had said.

Well it is true that the majority of mankind does need to be kept in line by rules.... Your very example of 'sin' is a good illustration... Do I need the threat of Hell to know that cheating on my wife is wrong? Funny thing is back in those days it wasn't an issue, but if she cheated on you, you could have her stoned ...

But who set the rules on just what is a sin and what isn't? Different cultures and countries have different values...

Is it a sin to shoot someone?

Well if he kicked your dog or is messing with your wife... probably yes...

If he is about to blow up an orphanage... its not so clear cut anymore

It would be nice if humankind had developed to a point where we know whats right and wrong, unfortunately looking at the daily news... I am surprised the Aliens haven't just wiped us out

Back to the topic the serpent was not a snake at all. Hebrew scholar Dr Mike Heiser reveals the Hebrew word is Hannachash. It means bright and brazen as an adjective and as a noun a serpent or one who practices divination. Eve was not talking to a snake but a Bright shiny upright entity who was serpentine in appearance and confusing her with half truths.

LOL Well I know it wasn't a snake... hence why so many say the Reptilians were around back then...

Mike also says Nibiru means "crossing point' or 'gateway' so it fits better with the Sumerian Stargate concept then a doom dealing planet... and I too have a cylinder seal showing it as a gateway...

Beth (Undo) has extensive research on the Sumerian connection and has interviewed Mike

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Gen 2:15 God says..
"You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Gen 3:1 the Serpent said
"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

Genesis 3:22 Then the Lord God said, ‘See, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever’— 23therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken. 24He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a sword flaming and turning to guard the way to the tree of life.

What I see here is that God and those he is speaking to.. are ticked off because we were given knowledge and the ability to know good from evil... so why was this withheld from us? Do you think this a good thing that we should never have gotten this knowledge?

And what about this other tree? Lemme at... it that immortality thing sounds pretty good right about now...

Oh and there are those sword wielding fat little babies that will stop us...

Personally I think the human race has been hoodwinked for thousands of years. Imagine where we would be today if not for religious zealots that controlled the world and were responsible for burning the library of Alexandria...

2000 years of time wasted... the other races in the Galaxy must be laughing at us as fools

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

More on the Catholics and UFOS

Its interesting but this just came up today...

Vatican and UFO: Secretum Omega
March 20, 2008
by Cristoforo Barbato

Bishop McIntyre and Detroit Archbishop Edward Mooney became the main information coordinators between USA and the Vatican State. Incredibly, later on there should have been some direct personal meetings between S.I.V. members and a Nordic-looking race of Aliens coming from the Pleiades. These Aliens presumably warned humans against another alien race met by the Americans in the California Desert. These meetings between S.I.V and Aliens took place mainly in the USA territory but also (two times) in the Vatican State, precisely in Vatican Gardens at the Papal Academy of Sciences in presence of Pope Pius XII. My Jesuit contact also confirmed to me the reality of the George Adamsky - John XXIII meeting and talked about some very interesting details about it. He also called "Secretum Omega" the highest secrecy level in S.I.V, equivalent to the NATO "Cosmic Top Secret".

Secretum Omega

Now THAT is quite an eye opener
:wow

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

More Catholic Policy...

Vatican ponders baptism of extraterrestrials

A pocket-sized book published by the Catholic Truth Society in the UK addresses Catholic attitudes to extraterrestrial life.

Independent Catholic News reports that with increasing numbers of people believing not only in the possibility of intelligent life on other planets, but even claiming encounters with aliens, it is not surprising that the Catholic Church is beginning to explore what effect the discovery of sentient ETs might have on Christian theology.

In: Intelligent Life in the Universe? Catholic belief and the search for extraterrestrial intelligent life, author Guy Consolmagno SJ, asks:

• Would humans recognise intelligent life if we saw it?
• Could we communicate with it? Should we even try?
• Is Original Sin something that affects all intelligent beings?
• Is Jesus Christ's redemption valid for intelligent beings throughout the universe?
• or would other worlds have their own version of Jesus?
• Would the Church send missionaries to ET planets?

Extraplanetary Missionaries

So I guess if your Christian... its OKAY to believe in ET

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now THIS was Scary

Many saints believed in extraterrestrial life: Vatican Monsignor
March 20, 2008
by Adriano Forgione

I really became interested in ufology a couple of years ago, even though I started talking about it on TV about four years ago, in 1995. Actually, it all started in 1959 when I began to devote my time to studying demonology. As I had to explore fields such as psychiatry and parapsychology, I indirectly came into contact with topics linked to ufology. I remember that in the Fifties, there was a tendency to deny at all costs the object of parapsychological studies amongst the public, some scientists and also amongst us clergymen. They said that there was no basis for acknowledging parapsychology and phenomena which were called nonsense and fantasy. To put it simply, they denied everything. This was reflected in ufology, which is linked to other frontier topics.

As I collected material, I realized that this generalized denial stemmed from illogical fanaticism. There must be something there, even if you just use your common sense, and, using reason, the phenomenon is undeniable. Strict criticism goes against common sense because it goes against the value of human testimonies. In recent years, accounts of ufological events have greatly increased and yet there are still too many people who tend to pass everything off as nonsense. Of course, in many cases, natural phenomena for example, may be wrongly interpreted, but it's absolutely unthinkable to put eveything into that category. Total scepticism is compeletly unjustified.

Vatican UFO's

Its interesting that all this data is dated March 2008... just in time for this thread...

Now I will have to pop over to Islam and Judaism and see what they have to offer

VORG???? You have got to be kidding...

The Vatican Observatory Research Group (VORG)
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

Vatican Observatory Rome
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
WOW!Thanks for all this info!This will really help me in my persuasive speech for com-101,lol,seriously though.Oh that pope and palpitine is hilarious,lol.But anyways yea I am anxious to see what else you find pertaining to Islam,by the way I am Catholic by family,although I dont really agree with everything,I kinda have my own theroy on everything-as Im sure most do.Ill try to find some info so you dont have to do all the work,lol.I just got back from my astronomy class so now Im free.Oh by the way why dont we start flaging and staring this post,I think it deserves it!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi BigWhammy,

There is someone here who does not like my posts and I need my computer so sometimes I post late, especially on nights when I can’t sleep.

I think Daniel prophecises this hybridization process that is going on.

I see this differently.

It is a spiritual manifestation or it would not be able to invade the body. They have no body that's why they want to possess one.

I agree it is a spiritual manifestation, and while spirits can enter the body, so can fiery darts, cankerworms, scorpions, etc. How do fiery darts strike, they are delivered by evil spirits which could be housed by people, animals and or other beings. One example would be the following:

Malachi 3:11
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

I put Satan, devils, and demons under the same umbrella.

Ever read any of David Flynn or Mike Heisers stuff?

No.

It comes down to interpretation...

This is true. Sometimes opinions are formed and conclusions drawn after reading and not experiencing it first hand. The things that don’t make sense or seem far fetched become clear after experience. Each experience will bring something else which clarifies more. It is like trying to describe the taste of a certain food to someone who has never heard of the food you are describing, and sometimes it can be like wanting a baby to chew on a steak. I think interpretations reflect this.

This is a question I ask people often and so far has been without response: if the wicked can manifest the works of darkness how come believers can not manifest the works of Jesus?

Anyone being born today and getting exposed to these "Cherubim" would never understand the same message

Thanks for those pics, but, even they have been altered
Exodus 25:20
And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be

This was a question I have had for a very long time. Also, I tried looking up Solomon’s temple some time ago, and could only find bleak images and no recreations or clear enhancements.

Another question, do you think the Sphinx is a replica of a Cherubim?

Speaking of Solomon… the genealogy of Jesus is not portrayed correctly either which is why Jesus appears differently within various cultures. I think some cultures took into account his lineage, others made him look like their culture and the predominant image which we see in America may not look at all like the true Jesus.

It may be that planes are still being lost and categorized as accident. There are strange things going on in the skies and perhaps the government denies it because it is incapable of doing anything about it. It is my opinion that the stage is being set for that final battle. I read something I was referred to by another post on ATS and it confirmed by thought.

LOL one of my favorite questions to people is how many animals of each kind went onto the Ark?

I do not know the total number, however, they were baby animals when all the pictures show full grown.

Genesis 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Genesis 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
This was a question I have had for a very long time. Also, I tried looking up Solomon’s temple some time ago, and could only find bleak images and no recreations or clear enhancements.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

phoenicia.org...

Another question, do you think the Sphinx is a replica of a Cherubim?

Yes, or similar creature... The "Winged Guardians" are all over history..

This page is far from complete but its a start

www.thelivingmoon.com...

I do not know the total number, however, they were baby animals when all the pictures show full grown.

LOL I asked not how many total, but how many of EACH KIND

You have the answer right here... yet you see it not...

Genesis 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Unclean beasts 4 (2 pairs) by two, the male and his female
Clean beast 14 (7 pairs) by sevens, the male and his female

Yet everywhere you go they tell you only ONE PAIR
One Pair is not a sound biological base to repopulate the Earth, but 4 and 14 is a much better number...

So Now how do you suppose they got all those critters onto that tiny wooden boat?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the additional pics.

Have you noticed how the pics replicate the body parts of humans. For example the last one labeled "Stargate" looks like the throat. It is written that the kingdom is within. What society has bound is our potential to reach the knowledge of what is inside of us. To reach God we must go to that special place within, therein lies the answers to all that we seek.

They have also set up their wall (so to speak) so that they have access to that which is not rightfully theirs. By making themselves appear to be God, they tell us what they deem is appropriate for us to know. Which is why the information appears to trickle in. Therefore, we no longer remember who we are or how to access our defenses. I do think this is changing.

LOL I asked not how many total, but how many of EACH KIND

I misconstrued the question. I did think you were asking for the total number of animals in the ark. I do see the numbers for each which is why I posted it. Thanks!

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Siren]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

According to the Bible, the Ark had three decks (floors). It is not difficult to show that there was plenty of room for 16,000 animals (the maximum number of animals on the Ark, if the most liberal approach to counting animals is applied), assuming they required approximately the same floor space as animals in typical farm enclosures and laboratories. The vast majority of the creatures (birds, reptiles, and mammals) were small (the largest only a few hundred pounds of body weight). What’s more, many could have been housed in groups, which would have further reduced the required space.

It is still necessary to take account of the floor spaces required by large animals, such as elephants and rhinos. But even these, collectively, do not require a large area because it is most likely that these animals were young, but not newborns. Even the largest dinosaurs were relatively small when only a few years old.

Answers

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You know Ive always believed the story of the ark to be nothing more than metaphorical.Like most things is the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join