It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Vitchilo
A house is only a terrain, a few bricks and paint. Even with today's prices of materials, a two bedrooms house should cost about 100k MAXIMUM to build.
The whole thing is a scam if it's more than that. And the oil prices.. COME ON. There's an artificial scarcity! And even then, other propulsions exists but it's kept off the shelves because the 1% richs wants to push the other 99% to poverty.
Originally posted by sy.gunson
Really Chromatico ?
America headed to be a Third World country? BS!!!! Homelessness is rampant in ALL countries.
Do you even hold a passport ?
Have you ever traveled outside the States ?
Here in New Zealand we have no homeless. Our government and municipal authorities all run housing programs for the poor, sick and elderly.
Likewise in NZ everyone is entitled to free health care, including expensive operations. Our medications are subsidised from taxes so that nobody in this country goes without medication.
Those with wages her pay no more than about $35 for prescription medicines and the poor get prescription medication for $3.
It's similar in Australia. If our countries can do this then why can't the (formerly) richest country in the world ?
And yes though there is still poverty in China, that country is overtaking USA in the fast lane. I kid you not.
Originally posted by wingman77
I went down to that tent city a few months ago. They were mostly average people and several families with children. It's a very sad state if affairs. The lot is right next to a train yard and in front of Ontario International Airport, so it's very loud. Many people are aware of the situation though, so plenty of donations are brought in.
I heard the mayor of the city granted the land for these people, so they're protected for now.
I'm thinking about helping them build a community garden on the lot, and maybe proving instruction on natural building techniques like rammed earth.