It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nope -- don't have the pic. Just a cross -- and no Jesus is not on it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
Nope -- don't have the pic. Just a cross -- and no Jesus is not on it.

See what God says about this "cross," representing Jesus' cruxifiction.

Jeremiah 10
5 Like a scarecrow in a melon patch,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good."

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You are stating that I am ignorant based upon the fact that I believe is something.

Yes, as belief IS ignorance.

Your "assessment" is based upon how I view things -- it is not concrete like a wall. It is a judgment call based upon how you view the world.

My assessment is based upon the fact that you practice a thing called "belief", which is an ignorant act. Therefore, you practice ignorance.

It is not based on upon how I view the world. Belief is assuming something to be true when you really have NO IDEA. Assuming things are true without having the slightest clue as to their truth is ignorant. Therefore, you are ignorant because you believe.
=======================================

Assumption: Something taken for granted or accepted as true without proof; a supposition

Assumption: Presumption; arrogance.

Belief: Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something. (doesn't matter if it IS the truth, you accept it anyway).

=======================================

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's the Christians that have ruined their religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is your opinion -- or as you coin it your belief. Please define "assessment" and "belief." Your use of them is not firm as you continue to change your definition to accomodate your so-called arguements. Or as I view them, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yep. It is very rational. Once again it is Faith.

ra�tion�al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rsh-nl)
adj.
1. Having or exercising the ability to reason.
2. Of sound mind; sane.
3. Consistent with or based on reason; logical: rational behavior. See Synonyms at logical.
===============================

Not rational! But ignorant, and will lead you very quickly very far away from reality and truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Once again -- you have no point, all you do is spout a bunch of stuff and try to pass it off as a rational arguement. It is all dribble.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That is your opinion

Well, he is not the only one. I personally think that if Jesus was alive today he would be outraged to see how people have twisted his teachings and used them for ones own ends.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So crosses can do neither good nor evil.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe every religous group, not just Christians, have twisted his teachings to support their beliefs. That includes every religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To Assess: to make an official valuation of (property) for the purposes of taxation.

By assessing, I look at what you're doing, and I tell it to you based on logic and facts.

By judging, I tell you whether it is right or wrong, good or evil, sad or happy, fun or boring. I do not include my opinion when I assess, but only if I judged.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But they are idols and what did God say of idols?

Leviticus 26
1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Once again -- you have no point, all you do is spout a bunch of stuff and try to pass it off as a rational arguement. It is all dribble.

My point: Belief is ignorant. You practice belief, then you practice ignorance. You IGNORE truth and reality and replace it with what you WANT the truth to be, by having "faith" in ASSUMPTIONS and relying on what other people ASSUME to be true based on their own preconceptions and desires.

Reality does not bend to desire, if you think it does, you're ignorant. THAT is my point.

If you do not understand, it is because you closed your mind from logic and replaced it with belief.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think the symbol of the cross is simply a reminder of what Jesus sacrificed for you. To die for our sin. If you look at a cross and you remember that then it has done some good.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Based upon your own definitions -- ignorance is a judgment call not assessment.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I think the symbol of the cross is simply a reminder of what Jesus sacrificed for you. To die for our sin. If you look at a cross and you remember that then it has done some good.

Sure, unless Jesus NEVER died for anyone's sins, and was never crucified in the first place. Or if he didn't even exist... well then the reminder is of a lie, isn't it? Who knows?

Well people don't know, but it doesn't stop them from having "faith" and assuming something to be true because they WANT it to be true.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with you 100% king -- just hadn't gotten there yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

What YOU believe is irrelevant. What did God say?

Leviticus 26
1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For all of you people that wear crosses: Do you really think that a cross is the first thing that Jesus is going to want to see when he comes back?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Based upon your own definitions -- ignorance is a judgment call not assessment.

IGNORANCE: ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gnr-ns)
n.
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
================================
IGNORANT: ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gnr-nt)
adj.
Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.
===================================
BELIEF: Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something
===================================

Therefore, belief is IGNORANCE because it is based on fact. By believing, you are convicted of a truth that you have no KNOWLEDGE of. Ignorance is not having knowledge. Belief is pretending something is TRUE even when you have NO IDEA of its validity.
====================================

No opinions there... just understanding of what is.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join