It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The underlying theme of the movie is not just the cruxifiction but the accompanying orgy of violence that occurred beforehand and the promulgation of the false Christ upon the world in big screen which sustains violations of the Word of God like getting a Cruxifix (idol), get the pic of the falsi Jesus (false image), and the nails (idol).

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's called Faith. I have Faith that Christ died on the cross so that our sins would be forgiven. That is my Faith. I don't appreciate being told that I am ignorant for having Faith. If you choose not to believe that is your choice. It is not place to pass judgment on you based upon what you do and do not believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That is where we will disagree. I personally see everything else as secondary. However, I also don't blame one group of people for Christ's death. God and only God allowed his son to be crucified. All of our sins are responsible for Christ's death -- not one group of people. I don't have an agenda here, I am just stating my belief. It is not my place to comment on someone else's belief or convice someone that my belief is the only one that is accurate. If you believe Christ was black -- great. I don't, but then again that is my belief. If you believe that Mel's film is blasphemous -- fine. Once again I don't, but that is my belief. If you believe displaying a cross in your home is blaspemous -- that is fine. I personally don't agree and will continue to walk the path I feel Christ has lead me on.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's not you faith, it's your ignorant belief. If you don't appreciate being what you are, then stop being ignorant and it'll work itself out naturally. As long as you have belief, you're ignorant. If an idiot doesn't appreciate being called stupid, there's little the idiot can do but stop being stupid!

If I call you human, but you don't appreciate that, that is also not my problem.

I'm not judging you, I'm assessing you. Those who believe are ignorant, without exception. Belief and knowledge do not co-exist. Either you believe something, or you know something. If you do NOT know something, there's absolutely NO reason to believe it anyway, unless you prefer the path of ignorance.

If scientists decided to believe that their hypothesis is true without confirming it with tests, many of our scientific principles would be entirely false, and you can see what would happen to the world afterwards.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
That is where we will disagree. I personally see everything else as secondary. However, I also don't blame one group of people for Christ's death. God and only God allowed his son to be crucified. All of our sins are responsible for Christ's death -- not one group of people. I don't have an agenda here, I am just stating my belief. It is not my place to comment on someone else's belief or convice someone that my belief is the only one that is accurate. If you believe Christ was black -- great. I don't, but then again that is my belief. If you believe that Mel's film is blasphemous -- fine. Once again I don't, but that is my belief. If you believe displaying a cross in your home is blaspemous -- that is fine. I personally don't agree and will continue to walk the path I feel Christ has lead me on.

it would help if you read the Bible and not just go on "belief."

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, so you can BELIEVE the Bible instead of believing something else.

Oh wait, the Bible is a factual documentation of real things, isn't it? Please don't make me laugh

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Calling me ignorant is a judgment call by you. Who are you to judge me based on a few posts you have read. I personally don't think you know what you are talking about. I think you post these things in order to try and get a rise out of people. In my opinion that is a sad life to live. But then again, that is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions, they are like (c) --well all have one.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I read the Bible on a daily basis. We must have different translations. Criticizing me or telling me I don't know what I am talking about is not get me to change what I believe in. The cornerstone or religion is Faith. I have never seen God, but I BELIEVE in him because I have Faith.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Calling me ignorant is a judgment call by you. Who are you to judge me based on a few posts you have read. I personally don't think you know what you are talking about. I think you post these things in order to try and get a rise out of people. In my opinion that is a sad life to live. But then again, that is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions, they are like (c) --well all have one.

That's your judgement. I do not judge you, I assess. You ARE ignorant if you believe, because BELIEF stems from ignorance. So if belief stems from ignorance (this premise being true) then what follows naturally is that those who believe are ignorant. Therefore, you ARE ignorant, and it's not a judgement but an assessment based on a fact.

You ASSUMED that I'm trying to get a rise out of people, but assumptions can lead you astray from truth very quickly, and are an ignorant thing to do. You also said it is a sad way to live based on YOUR assumption, which is a judgement, NOT an assessment of things as they ARE.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Who qualifies you to assess me? You are judging me -- semantics isn't going to change what it is.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I read the Bible on a daily basis. We must have different translations. Criticizing me or telling me I don't know what I am talking about is not get me to change what I believe in. The cornerstone or religion is Faith. I have never seen God, but I BELIEVE in him because I have Faith.

Then yuo would know idols worship is the greatest evil and these crosses and nails are just that, idol worship.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Who qualifies you to assess me? You are judging me -- semantics isn't going to change what it is.

Who SHOULD I be to assess you? If I look at a wall and say it looks like a wall, who am I to assess such a thing? Am I the wall's GOD to assess it? So the answer is... who SHOULD I be to assess you? Who are YOU to not be assessed by me?

This isn't semantics... as assessment and judgement are entirely different things. And you're right, semantics doesn't change what is.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't agree that I worship an idol. I worship God. When I pray, I am not praying to a cross -- I am praying to God. I don't look to the cross when I pray, I look to God.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
God helps those who help themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't agree that I worship an idol. I worship God. When I pray, I am not praying to a cross -- I am praying to God. I don't look to the cross when I pray, I look to God.

Can't look to God... he's invisible. You'd not know where to look, silly

You ASSUME he exists and decided to pray to your imaginary entity. Is this rational?

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You are stating that I am ignorant based upon the fact that I believe is something. Your "assessment" is based upon how I view things -- it is not concrete like a wall. It is a judgment call based upon how you view the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And you see a figment of a white Jesus and the cross he was on don't you. You have that pic in your house somewhere, don't you. ADMIT IT!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yep. It is very rational. Once again it is Faith.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nope, to me it's an entity that doesn't take shape. It's a ball of energy (looks like light) that I see all around me when I pray. It doesn't take form.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

That's your judgement. I do not judge you, I assess. You ARE ignorant if you believe, because BELIEF stems from ignorance. So if belief stems from ignorance (this premise being true) then what follows naturally is that those who believe are ignorant. Therefore, you ARE ignorant, and it's not a judgement but an assessment based on a fact.

You ASSUMED that I'm trying to get a rise out of people, but assumptions can lead you astray from truth very quickly, and are an ignorant thing to do. You also said it is a sad way to live based on YOUR assumption, which is a judgement, NOT an assessment of things as they ARE.

Lilblam, you need to open a dictionary and/or define what you "believe" belief means. It has become very apparent that you are not approaching this from an honest and open standpoint. You contradict yourself in everyother post. It's grown tiresome. How about moving in some direction rather than masturbating your own view over and over?

Just a thought.

+Jammer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join