It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Please get me the place where this is at that I may read it and explain it for you.

Now that is a joke. So complete and full of yourself that you believe everyone who has an opposing view is wrong, hence needing your "education". Yet you claim to be against Bush, for example, for that same reason.

Oh my...hypocracy reigns it's ugly head.

And since you are so wise and all knowing regarding idols and symbols of faith, tell me...did you have a christmas tree this year?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Please get me the place where this is at that I may read it and explain it for you.

Now that is a joke. So complete and full of yourself that you believe everyone who has an opposing view is wrong, hence needing your "education". Yet you claim to be against Bush, for example, for that same reason.

Oh my...hypocracy reigns it's ugly head.

And since you are so wise and all knowing regarding idols and symbols of faith, tell me...did you have a christmas tree this year?

No.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Please go to the Jesus was a black man thread and read it fully. But for now:

Revelations 2
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Ah so you're basing your assertions on Biblical references. Fine, then what makes you think the Bible is a valid source to rely upon for truth?

I am not falling into the game iwth you. It is the Word of God and that's it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
Sorry -- I misread your post. I publicly apologize for my last post. I thought you said -- I believe.

Do you follow religion? Do you practice religion?

No sir

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You still not answer my previous post -- based upon your definition, I would have to be uneducated to be ignorant? Correct?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I am against Bush b/c he is a moron and was never elected and is wrong for this country. Now, please get the required texts so that I may educate you.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sorry -- I misread your post. I publicly apologize for my last post. I thought you said -- I believe.

Do you follow religion? Do you practice religion?

No need to publically apologize, you're not a government official on trial here!

I hope you're not assuming that I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing, or trying to make you apologize for something you said, or just attacking you or your "beliefs" because I have nothing better to do with my time.

I am, however, trying to apply logic to your motivations in the practice of faith and belief, and I am failing miserably in my attempt to justify faith with logic.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
For the first time I agree with Colonel. You don't follow religion -- that explains a lot. We could do this dance for days and no one would come out satisfied. I would continue to state what I "believe" -- yes I said it and I don't care if in your eyes I appear "ignorant" -- and you would continue to TRY and blow holes in my beliefs by whatever it is you can find at the time to support your "arguement."

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That's fine, no need to explain. Some of us are believers and some of us aren't. No big deal.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No.

About what I expected.

Well, I am so glad that in a world full of literal and figurative meanings...you have it all defined for us. You have single-handedly taken away the need for scholars who still study the bible to even work. You have reformed the bible and the word of god into your own view. Not only that, but when another idea or translation is brought forward, you feel the need to educate.

I suppose your our local Branch Davidian compound.

Nothing could even remotely conflict with your take on things.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Revelations 2
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Ah so you're basing your assertions on Biblical references. Fine, then what makes you think the Bible is a valid source to rely upon for truth?

Oh, is that IT? I don't want to play games with you either.

Having such firm conviction based on nothing but personal DESIRE and BELIEF that it is true without ANY logical or rational explanation is a great example of what's going on in the minds of many people in this world today.

They have been infested with religion and beliefs and are now emotionally, mentally, and in some cases physically reliant upon religion to guide their lives and their decisions.

Logic and reason have been replaced with FEAR of the unknown, and also fear of possible "promised suffering" their religion offers... and to stand up and face that fear is a much greater task than many of them are able to perform. Some are also tempted by the "promised salvation" and choose to not RISK following their minds in seeking out truth.

Instead, led by "promises" they give up their thinking to others, and effectively become slaves under the control of their "Entity" and whose opinions are easily shaped by the established dogmas.

Did I miss anything?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

So crosses can do neither good nor evil.

I think the symbol of the cross is simply a reminder of what Jesus sacrificed for you. To die for our sin. If you look at a cross and you remember that then it has done some good.

What YOU believe is irrelevant. What did God say?

Leviticus 26
1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Joshua 24

23 "Now then," said Joshua, "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel."

Idolatry the bible speaks of is more than just an object; it is the worship of another god.

The dictionary defines the word:

idol�a�try

Pronunciation: -trE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tries
1: the worship of a physical object as a god

So it�s deeper than the worship of an object, it is the worship and allegiance to another god.

Genesis 31

19 When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father's household gods.
Many people in the Old Testament kept small wooden or metal idols (�gods�) in their homes. These idols were called teraphim, and they were thought to protect the home and offer advice in times of need. They had legal significance as well, when they were passed on to an heir, the person could claim the greatest part of the family inheritance

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You still not answer my previous post -- based upon your definition, I would have to be uneducated to be ignorant? Correct?

You'd have to be lacking knowledge of that which you profess to believe. Education does not necessarily instill knowledge, as our public education system has many propaganda-based lies and just like the public mainstream media directs your attention only towards that, which the institution desires you to know.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
someone educate me on the arch of the covenant and the tabernacle.
aren't those sacred objects that could be considered an idol or stone set to bow down to?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

For the first time I agree with Colonel. You don't follow religion -- that explains a lot. We could do this dance for days and no one would come out satisfied. I would continue to state what I "believe" -- yes I said it and I don't care if in your eyes I appear "ignorant" -- and you would continue to TRY and blow holes in my beliefs by whatever it is you can find at the time to support your "arguement."

There is no "argument", because you have no side. Your side is your imagination and your desire for what you WANT reality to be. That is faith, is it not? You are convinced of certain truths of which you have no actual knowledge. You cannot argue and base your arguments on assumptions, as they are hollow indeed until shown to be true.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Revelations 2

Having such firm conviction based on nothing but personal DESIRE and BELIEF that it is true without ANY logical or rational explanation is a great example of what's going on in the minds of many people in this world today.

They have been infested with religion and beliefs and are now emotionally, mentally, and in some cases physically reliant upon religion to guide their lives and their decisions.

Logic and reason have been replaced with FEAR of the unknown, and also fear of possible "promised suffering" their religion offers... and to stand up and face that fear is a much greater task than many of them are able to perform. Some are also tempted by the "promised salvation" and choose to not RISK following their minds in seeking out truth.

Instead, led by "promises" they give up their thinking to others, and effectively become slaves under the control of their "Entity" and whose opinions are easily shaped by the established dogmas.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, you're simple. Many of the prophecies of the bible have already come to pass---making it a true book. NOt just "belief and desire"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
someone educate me on the arch of the covenant and the tabernacle.
aren't those sacred objects that could be considered an idol or stone set to bow down to?

Arch of thr Covenant---resting place of the Lord on earth. Not an idol.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So crosses can do neither good nor evil.

I think the symbol of the cross is simply a reminder of what Jesus sacrificed for you. To die for our sin. If you look at a cross and you remember that then it has done some good.

What YOU believe is irrelevant. What did God say?

Leviticus 26
1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

Joshua 24

23 "Now then," said Joshua, "throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel."

Idolatry the bible speaks of is more than just an object; it is the worship of another god.

The dictionary defines the word:

idol�a�try

Pronunciation: -trE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tries
1: the worship of a physical object as a god

So it�s deeper than the worship of an object, it is the worship and allegiance to another god.

Genesis 31

19 When Laban had gone to shear his sheep, Rachel stole her father's household gods.
Many people in the Old Testament kept small wooden or metal idols (�gods�) in their homes. These idols were called teraphim, and they were thought to protect the home and offer advice in times of need. They had legal significance as well, when they were passed on to an heir, the person could claim the greatest part of the family inheritance

Hmm so God is a liar then? There ARE other Gods to worship? I knew he was hiding something, that rascal!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Revelations 2

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, you're simple. Many of the prophecies of the bible have already come to pass---making it a true book. NOt just "belief and desire"

If a few things are true, it doesn't make the whole thing true. The best way to spread lies is to mix them with common truths, effectively creating an illusion that the rest must also be true.

However, have you not considered that the book may have been "inspired" by alien beings who have since then manipulated events on the planet to coincide with the prophecies they gave 2000 of our years ago? After all, they may not have to be limited by time and space as we are!

Maybe they are using this planet as an emotional food source for themselves? Besides, their prophecies are usually so vague that any number of possible events can fit the prophetic messages.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Millions have the same or some form of the same arguement I do -- that's pretty strong support for having no side.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join