It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus Nail Sale

page: 7
0
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lil -- so how do you know if Jesus did or did not live? How do you know if Jesus was or was not crucified? Do you "believe" in anything or do you believe in nothing except what you can prove? If that is the case, then what can you prove? What do you believe in?




posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So based upon your definitions, I would have to be uneducated in order to be ignorant? Is that correct?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
For all of you people that wear crosses: Do you really think that a cross is the first thing that Jesus is going to want to see when he comes back?


Even in her ignorance, she speaks no truer words.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
But they are idols and what did God say of idols?

Leviticus 26
1 " 'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

It also says "26:30 And I have destroyed your high places, and cut down your images, and have put your carcasses on the carcasses of your idols, and My soul hath loathed you; "
Referring to non-believer idols (pagans), unless carcasses refers to something else in your mind.
But then again, I would not presume that you take on it was incorrect.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
What YOU believe is irrelevant.


That's RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT because if colonel doesn't think it, then it must not be true. How foolish of you to have an opinion!



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Colonel
What YOU believe is irrelevant.


That's RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT because if colonel doesn't think it, then it must not be true. How foolish of you to have an opinion!


Finally, you're getting some sense.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Colonel
What YOU believe is irrelevant.


That's RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT because if colonel doesn't think it, then it must not be true. How foolish of you to have an opinion!


Finally, you're getting some sense.

LOL! Once again...the all knowing.


The Lord God himself instituted symbols/idols both in the Mosaic Law and subsequently in the Christian sacraments. For example, the Jewish Menorah, or seven-armed candelabra, figures strongly not only as a literary symbol in the Bible (in both New and Old Testament) but as part of the required objects of the Temple.

So, he would allow that one?
Yet by your intepretation he allows none?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
Lil -- so how do you know if Jesus did or did not live? How do you know if Jesus was or was not crucified? Do you "believe" in anything or do you believe in nothing except what you can prove? If that is the case, then what can you prove? What do you believe in?


I believe in nothing, but take everything under consideration. I give more validity to certain things based on other knowledge and how they connect with what I DO know, and some things I can rule out as FALSE based on logic, not belief.

But exclaiming that he DID live without knowing if he did is rather ignorant, as you have as much chance of being wrong as being right. But it's not so simple. There are many truths mixed with lies that can be discerned if you work hard enough.

For example, maybe someone akin to Jesus was alive, and taught some spiritual things in whose name a religion was later established, and all his teachings changed and corrupted. So would that mean Jesus existed? In that example, he existed but in an entirely different fashion than people are led to believe.

Therefore, until you know the details of anything, it is folly to assume you do and put your faith in something just for the sake of having faith in something.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It also says "26:30 And I have destroyed your high places, and cut down your images, and have put your carcasses on the carcasses of your idols, and My soul hath loathed you; "
Referring to non-believer idols (pagans), unless carcasses refers to something else in your mind.
But then again, I would not presume that you take on it was incorrect.


Throughout the Bible God commandsus not to have images or idols---not just there.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Finally, you're getting some sense.

LOL! Once again...the all knowing.


The Lord God himself instituted symbols/idols both in the Mosaic Law and subsequently in the Christian sacraments. For example, the Jewish Menorah, or seven-armed candelabra, figures strongly not only as a literary symbol in the Bible (in both New and Old Testament) but as part of the required objects of the Temple.

So, he would allow that one?
Yet by your intepretation he allows none?

Please get me the place where this is at that I may read it and explain it for you.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What makes you think Jesus was black?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   


I believe in nothing, but take everything under consideration. I give more validity to certain things based on other knowledge and how they connect with what I DO know, and some things I can rule out as FALSE based on logic, not belief.


So in other words, you pick and choose what you believe in based upon the arguement you are trying to make at the time. That explains a lot.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel



I believe in nothing, but take everything under consideration. I give more validity to certain things based on other knowledge and how they connect with what I DO know, and some things I can rule out as FALSE based on logic, not belief.


So in other words, you pick and choose what you believe in based upon the arguement you are trying to make at the time. That explains a lot.


No other words! I do not BELIEVE. Belief is conviction of the truth of something, without really knowing if it's true or not. I don't do that!



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
What makes you think Jesus was black?


OH NO! Please no, I can't listen to that again.



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Now who is being ignorant?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
Now who is being ignorant?


Explain?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Please go to the Jesus was a black man thread and read it fully. But for now:

Revelations 2
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by lilblam
What makes you think Jesus was black?


OH NO! Please no, I can't listen to that again.


Good thing you're not "listening" but only reading this thread because you chose to. So at any moment, when the subject matter doesn't confirm to your desires, you can choose to stop reading



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Please go to the Jesus was a black man thread and read it fully. But for now:

Revelations 2
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;


Ah so you're basing your assertions on Biblical references. Fine, then what makes you think the Bible is a valid source to rely upon for truth?



posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry -- I misread your post. I publicly apologize for my last post. I thought you said -- I believe.

Do you follow religion? Do you practice religion?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join